Thread: Family Guy general discussion/upcoming episode thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Someone was bound to make a joke about how "there's no effort put into it" etc etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve Boy View Post
    Wow I'm surprised these videos are still available. Most are removed but some are just unlisted.
    I never understood why they did that. Like, what's the actual purpose of deleting/unlisting old promo vids?
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

Clearing out the channel I guess? They're supposed to be previews anyway, but it's neat to find some old ones with comments from 3 years ago.

Blog Entries

some upcoming plots from interview with alec sulkin
    Are you working on episodes that have longer, more detailed plots?

Definitely. We have a three-part story arc coming up this season involving Brian. Have you read the book So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed?

I’ve heard of it. I know it talks about what happened to Justine Sacco.

Yeah, that’s the story we’re working on. Basically, Brian goes to a movie, and right before he goes in, he tweets something insensitive. It’s…kind of racist, but ultimately harmless. But the internet mob descends upon him, and it becomes so severe that he has to leave Quahog.

That sounds a bit like what happened with Peter’s comic strip in “The Simpsons Guy.”

For sure. In this case, I think we give it a more realistic bent, though, and we turn it into a story that can hold up on its own. I’m proud of that one. We’re also doing a Sherlock Holmes parody with Stewie as Sherlock and Brian as Watson. I think one turned out really well, and actually holds up as a legitimate Sherlock mystery.
    the whole interview is interesting too: http://splitsider.com/2016/11/talkin...ze-family-guy/

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

So a three part Brian episode about people on the internet being too sensitive about "harmless" racist remarks? No thanks, Alec. We don't need that shit.

Blog Entries

yeah nah family guy dont

the mystery could be cool considering how well they nailed fewer tho.

Blog Entries

Oh, and don't have Meg come out as a lesbian. That'd be fucking terrible. Considering how the show treats her already and knowing they'll continue to treat her like the town's punching bag after the fact it's like... I'd rather they not make her the go to for jokes about ugly women munching box? It'll be like what The Simpsons did with Patty only more unpleasant and more consistent.

Aside from that we don't need Meg to become Ida where every other joke is about her being an ugly, butch lesbian like every other joke about Ida is about her being some sort of monster because she's trans.

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax

Blog Entries

kind of curious about the 3-part arc with brian.

but meg as a lesbian? c'mon

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That Brian story sounds really weird, but maybe they'll do something cool with it. Longer episodes have occurred a couple times, but it's rare that they do two-parters or even three-parters.
    That Sherlock Holmes parody sounds really cool, but I'd cast Brian as Sherlock and Stewie as Watson. Makes more sense. Still, I'm looking forward to it.

The Meg story sounds really stupid though and makes no sense. There hasn't been the slightest hint that she's a lesbian or even a bisexual. I don't understand why they'd choose that kind of story. That's not the main issue though, it's also that she might become the Patty of Family Guy. Patty and Selma are still kinda funny, but I hated the bland "lesbian" jokes they did with Patty for a few seasons. Unlike those with Smithers, they always had zero sublety and were barely even fun innuendo, they were so in-your-face it was silly. Like that "fisting" joke they did with Smithers (even though it was so bad it's amusing). Thankfully they seem to have stopped. Either way, I hope they really do this to flesh out Meg's character, not just because. (And this is coming from someone who likes Quagmire's Dad)
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

I agree. Please don't make Meg a lesbian. She has had a lot of boyfriends there is no need to make her gay. I hated it when they made her "Ron." OMG! They ruined her character and it wasn't funny. I'm glad they are working on her character but please writers give her great stories other than making her a lesbian. Seth has said that he doesn't know how to write teen girls which is to me is BS! Get better writers and fire the ones you have.

Blog Entries

oh good they hired that 9/11 seinfeld spec script writer to the show that is godawful at penning dark humor. somehow I see his style being completely dilluted in the FG machine
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

Just ordered season 16 (AKA 14...)

Here's hoping there's a commentary for Candy Quahog Marshmallow and A Lot Going On Upstairs

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

So, what happens to Angela?

And why do I have a bad feeling about this - er, a feeling that somebody is starting a script where Lois becomes Peter's boss at the brewery? After all, she is the new owner's daughter...

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Retired offscreen most likely. I love Carrie Fisher, but Angela really isn't that interesting of a character too really be focused on, even now. She got some depth in Peter-assment I guess, and has a few decent lines in the later Seasons without resorting to random wacky cutaways (as far as I can remember). Honestly think I remember Opie more than Angela, which shows how much I remember these last few Seasons.

Would say that it's too late to have Peter go back to having a new job every 1-2 Seasons, but then again the Brewery hasn't been that memorable a location over these last 11 Seasons, so I'm with whatever.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

Look, odds are they'll kill her off like what they did with Peter's mom when Phyllis Diller died. I'd sooner they just have Peter get a new job than run through a series of replacements for Angela though where it becomes a bland guest star slot.

Blog Entries

Gonna post this here to not derail the R.I.P thread, but...

Quote Originally Posted by ComicBookGal View Post
    that was the second thing I was thinking, not only will they have to re-write episode 8 (unless they filmed her scenes already) and the FG writers have to have Peter have a new Boss or new job
    What do you mean by "episode 8"?

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

star wars

Blog Entries

Oh, I was confused cause she mentioned Family Guy immediately after so I assumed she meant re-write an episode or something, I don't know. Seems pretty obvious now that I know it. Not only that but I'm not that familiar with refering to movies as "episode".

Blog Entries

@Cleve Boy the Star Wars movies going by "Episode ___" in the titles is a pretty well recognized Star Wars thing. Like, every single movie that isn't Rogue One thus far is viewed as such.

Blog Entries

I've only seen the original trilogy. And only once. And that was January this year, so I don't remember a lot from Star Wars in general. But I do remember the "episode" in the beginning title now that you mention it. Just a bad blunder of mine.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Just ordered season 16 (AKA 14...)

Here's hoping there's a commentary for Candy Quahog Marshmallow and A Lot Going On Upstairs
    Both of them have commentaries, as well as Peter's Sister and Peternormal Activity. ALGOU also has its animatic, which could include scenes that didn't make it to color.

Blog Entries

ALGOU?

Also I love that they release full episode animatics. Unlike The Simpsons where it's just literally the same, but animatic, the Family Guy ones always differ a lot from the actual episode.

Blog Entries

ALGOU = A Lot Going On Upstairs.

Blog Entries

Always get confused when people try to shorten titles like that. Took me forever to figure out what the hell "KTAAR" meant.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Also I love that they release full episode animatics. Unlike The Simpsons where it's just literally the same, but animatic, the Family Guy ones always differ a lot from the actual episode.
    I usually find the Simpsons animatics include scenes that didn't make it to color.

How many FG animatics are that different from the final versions? The one I can think of is "Chick Cancer," where, instead of the Stewie & Olivia plot, Stewie gets into some sort of "adult robot" so he can date one of Jillian's friends.

Blog Entries

Nothing particular story-wise that I can remember. But tons, and I mean tons of jokes.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Apparently, for some strange reason, the eastern half of the country got a repeat of "A Lot Going On Upstairs" on 1/1 after the hour-long Brooklyn Nine-Nine episode, while the western half got local programming - and it had been scheduled that way, as opposed to being a last-second decision.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

The new episode scheduled for 1/15 is now set to air a half-hour later than usual because the Simpsons episode that night is an hour long, and Fox decided it wants to air The Mick immediately after it.
    Edit: the original schedule said Son of Zorn would air between The Simpsons and Family Guy, but Fox later changed it

Also note that both the 1/8 and 1/15 episodes are on nights with late-starting NFL playoff games on Fox (and during the playoffs, they can start later than listed because they tend to wait until the CBS game ends unless it goes into OT), so pad your DVRs accordingly.

(1/22 is a repeat of "Peternormal Activity"; 1/29 is the Miss Universe pageant; 2/5 is the Super Bowl followed by 24: Legacy.)
    Last edited by That Don Guy; 01-07-2017 at 09:20 AM.

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, guess we have another music episode. Hopefully there won't be any for a good while after this, it's getting pretty ridiculous at this point.

Either way, here are the previews for The Finer Strings:

There have been so many Peter and his friends episodes lately. I want to see more Meg episodes and even more Chris episodes. Even teamups with Meg and Chris. We could use a break from Peter it gets boring seeing so many Peter episodes every week.

Thread Information