Page 181 of 185 FirstFirst ... 81131171172173174175176177178179180181182183184185 LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,430 of 5523

Thread: Family Guy general discussion/upcoming episode thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Pin Pal

I read on the episode list for this season that Meg has an episode called Better Off Meg. Does anybody know of anymore episodes with Meg as the lead coming up?

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

12/15 - Christmas is Coming
    When Meg takes Stewie to the mall to meet Santa, she has a surprising response. Meanwhile, Stewie is entirely scarred from the same experience and Brian tries to help him process it.
    Is this a retcon of "Road to the North Pole"? This time, Meg takes Stewie to see Santa at the mall

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

Why has this series basically abandoned title references? There are only around 3 or 4 episodes this season with title references
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: My Mother the Carjacker/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Samson View Post
    Why has this series basically abandoned title references? There are only around 3 or 4 episodes this season with title references
    What's wrong with puns (Cat Fight, Heart Burn)?

And I assume you don't recognize the reference in "Christmas is Coming" (i.e. "Winter is Coming" from Game of Thrones)?
    I also have a feeling "Peter & Lois' Wedding" is a reference to "Tony & Tina's Wedding," although to be fair, not many people have heard of that one.

I have a feeling "Bri-Da" is referencing something other than a Brian/Ida 'ship name, but I can't think of it. Then again, it could be a "reference" to 'ship names in general, or maybe a shoutout to some portion of the fanbase that wanted to see them together for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
    What's wrong with puns (Cat Fight, Heart Burn)?

And I assume you don't recognize the reference in "Christmas is Coming" (i.e. "Winter is Coming" from Game of Thrones)?
    I also have a feeling "Peter & Lois' Wedding" is a reference to "Tony & Tina's Wedding," although to be fair, not many people have heard of that one.

I have a feeling "Bri-Da" is referencing something other than a Brian/Ida 'ship name, but I can't think of it. Then again, it could be a "reference" to 'ship names in general, or maybe a shoutout to some portion of the fanbase that wanted to see them together for some reason.
    You mean episodes like Trump Guy or Christmas Guy? Yeah those are really annoying how they keep doing that.

Well, as I already mentioned by bumping back up the R&R for You Can't Handle the Booth!, the commentary free version of the episode they talk over is included on the Season 17 DVD as a bonus feature.
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: 1.5/5 Bri-Da: 2.5/5 Absolutely Babulous: 1.5/5 Disney's The Reboot: 1.5/5 Cat Fight: 1.5/5 Peter & Lois' Wedding: .5/5 Heart Burn: 1.5/5 Shanksgiving: .5/5 Christmas is Coming: 2/5 Connie's Celica: 0/5 Short Cuts: 2/5 Undergrounded: 1.5/5 Rich Old Stewie: 3.5/5 The Movement: .5/5 Baby Stewie: 0/5 Start Me Up: 1/5 Coma Guy: 1/5 Better Off Meg: .5/5 Holy Bibble: 0/5 Movin' In (Principal Shepherd's Song): 0/5
    American Dad! Season 16 Ratings - 100 Years a Solid Fool: 0/5 A Starboy is Born: 1/5 Tapped Out: 0/5 Brave N00b World: 0/5 Into the Woods: 0/5 One Fish, Two Fish: 1/5 Exquisite Corpses: 2/5 Trophy Wife, Trophy Life: 1.5/5 Game Night: 2/5 American Data?: 0/5 Salute Your Sllort: 0/5 Ghost Dad: .5/5 Men II Boyz: 0/5 First, Do No Farm: 1.5/5 Roger Needs Dick: 0/5 The Old Country: 0/5 Businessly Brunette: .5/5 The Chilly Thrillies: 1/5 Dammmm, Stan: 1.5/5 The Last Ride of the Dodge City Rambler: 0/5 300: 0/5

Connie's Celica (1/5/20)
    When Lois gets a job as the music teacher at Chris and Meg's school, a mean student, Connie, decides to make Lois the target of her antics
    It really speaks volumes for the current state of the show that this is pretty much their most original idea they've had in ages, and mostly for how it'll seem to focus on a character that hasn't really had any in god knows how long!

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

I'm really hoping that Connie gets her comeuppance from Lois in this episode. It would be nice to see a return of badass Lois from the early seasons

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

And this is why FG is better with recurring characters than The Fairly OddParents. Sure they often have a particular character not appear in a very long time (Kevin, Connie, Cleveland, etc.), but when the writers do remember their existence, that's where I respect them more than Butch Hartman.

I do find it interesting we're ending the decade with a Meg episode. Compare to the 2000s where we only had one holiday episode and the show wasn't in high definition yet.
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

Still don't have the Season 17 DVD yet, but here are the other bonus features for it for anyone that cares:

* Deleted scenes (as usual)
    * Actual commentary for You Can't Handle the Booth!
    * Compilation of cutaway gags.

Not really sure which is the best place to post this but yesterday I got a hold of the Season 17 DVD set and just got done watching New Phone, Who Dis? which is the "Commentary" free version of the episode that they talk over during You Can't Handle the Booth!

So how is the episode compared to how it aired on TV? Eh, it's at least better than that as well as some of the other season's lesser episodes like both of the two-parters as well as Con Heiress, but still on-par with most of the mediocrity we got throughout last year. Still, they should've just aired the episode this way since the way it actually did was pretty awful.

Also, I'll go on record to say that Peter singing Halfway Down the Stairs ranks up there with the Conway Twitty gag from The Juice is Loose as one of the show's most dragged out Overly Long Gags. Not helped is how the song is repeated later, albeit slightly condensed.

I know they won't do this, but it would be cool if they aired the commentary-free "New Phone, Who Dis?" on Fox and framed it as a new episode. They could air it during a week where there's nothing scheduled for season 18.

Or maybe they could make it an FXX or Freeform premiere. Like how "When You Wish Upon a Weinstein" aired for the first time on Adult Swim.

Have we got any news about what the next episode's about?

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by erichoff View Post
    Have we got any news about what the next episode's about?
    Not yet

We only know the Simpsons and Duncanville.

Now we do!

Short Cuts (2/16)
    When Brian accidentally becomes a local hero, an old street pal, and now a successful millionaire dog, reaches out and tries to convince him to get neutered. Meanwhile, Lois gets a pixie cut against Peter's wishes, so Peter retaliates by trying to out-embarrass her.
    Pretty sad that the only good thing I have to say about the episode for the moment is that I have a weakness for pixie cuts so I relish the visual of Lois having one.

Besides that, the main story sounds fine.... But then again I thought that about the last one as well and look how fucking "Great" that piece of shit ended up being!

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    Now we do!

Short Cuts (2/16)

Pretty sad that the only good thing I have to say about the episode for the moment is that I have a weakness for pixie cuts so I relish the visual of Lois having one.

Besides that, the main story sounds fine.... But then again I thought that about the last one as well and look how fucking "Great" that piece of shit ended up being!
    Wow, of course, it's likely going to be another brian dating episode. Why did they resort to doing those episodes in the first place? Where'd they get their "degrees" at?

Pin Pal

Well at least Brian will date another dog. Peter making a fool is nothing new because he is one. I can't wait to see how Lois will look in her new hair cut.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Where did you guys get dating from?

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

2/23 - Undergrounded

Peter secretly gets a credit card and overspends the family money, so Lois grounds him. To plan the perfect escape, he builds a tunnel leading directly to The Drunken Clam

Pin Pal

Congradulations to Seth on his new deal with NBC to create new programming but I hope he lets other people have a chance to star in his shows instead of casting himself all the time. He is spreading himself thin and there are so many other talented people are out there.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

3/1 - Rich Old Stewie
    Looks like it's a "future episode"
    Stewie's future life could not be going any better, living as a wealthy, old Mr. Burns-type man, until his retirement is interrupted by Brian, who brings news that Peter is dying

Pin Pal

Quote Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
    3/1 - Rich Old Stewie
    Looks like it's a "future episode"
    This sounds better than previous future Stewies. Let's hope this is much better than the Stewie Griffin movie where he is a loser.

The Movement (3/8)
    When Peter starts coaching for Quahog's minor league baseball team, he gets constipated during the national anthem and must kneel, unintentionally becoming the face of racial justice.
    This episode will also include an appearance by Homer voiced as usual by Dan... For some reason.

Baby Stewie (3/15)
    Stewie builds a DNA-altering machine that will allow him to remain smart forever, but the invention has the adverse effect and he instead transforms into what he should have always been - an actual baby.

"The Movement" sounds like it could end up being a terrible episode, but "Baby Stewie" has potential, at least because we get to see what Stewie would be like as an actual baby.

Okay seriously, I don't even give a SINGLE fuck about Stewie and Brian (Peter's kind of a close second) in this show anymore. I'd say just kill stewie and brian off since they're just eating up the screen time for no reason and let other characters actually have some. I never watched the episode sunday but that's because Connie's Celica just completely shut me off from this season and probably the rest of the newer episodes. Nobody, I repeat, NOBODY cares about what if stewie's super rich and old or what if he actually just acted like a baby. We've seen that enough. Either give them their own show or end it.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

3/22 - a repeat of "Disney's The Reboot"

3/29 - pre-empted for the iHeart Music Awards

Pin Pal

To be honest, I real don't give a fuck about Peter anymore. I don't care about that fat, moronic, sociopathic asshole. Even in tonights' episode he is dying and I would applaud.The Movement sounds terrible and I saw the pictures on Family Guy episodes Wiki and it looks bad. I want more bad things to happen to him because he is the biggest A-hole ever.

This show is just stupid fun for me, and both of those descriptions sound like they have some potential (obviously FG sucks at trying to do serious issues, but it'll be interesting to see where they take this one). Might turn out better than that one when Peter shot Cleveland's kid.
    Get woke, go broke

30. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

So, Mr. Enter has Family Guy on his worst cartoon of the 2010s list. Agree disagree?

Personally I disagree. There is only about 10 or so bad episodes out of 180 this entire decade. And he only talks about the episodes many consider bad without taking even a recent season 16 or 18 episode.

Also NO NEW FAMILY GUY THIS WEEK or until April 19.

Thread Information