Page 177 of 177 FirstFirst ... 77127167168169170171172173174175176177
Results 5,281 to 5,297 of 5297

Thread: Family Guy general discussion/upcoming episode thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tormented View Post
    read that deadline article and it had a few confusing bits. like "we’re doing one next season that I think also pushes the envelope. It’s a DVD commentary episode where we have the cast just in voiceover watching the episode that the audience will be watching and doing their commentary about the making of that episode." what the hell? how is that not going to be annoying as heck
    It sounds like that bit from the Drawn Together movie where the characters turn the DVD commentary on so they can figure out how to escape the situation they're in and then they just stand around awkwardly listening to the creators drone on while occasionally chiming in with stuff like "Who the fuck would want to listen to this shit?".

Can't wait for FG to take that gag and stretch it out to 22 mins.
    How to remaster

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Beggs

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    @Beggs, It's been like that as far back as I can remember really. Just check out the cover for volume four.

Additionally I remember there being a promo pic from 2012 I believe where Meg's getting pooped on by birds during a family picnic.
    OMG! I really fucking hated that!

I'm glad that we have a Meg episode but I hope they don't fuck it up. Why Seth?!! Meg has had boyfriends. It just goes to show that Seth just can't write for women. He says he can't for teen girls is bullshit. He should ask for help from Alex,Mila and even his own sister.

Good call on the comparison with the Drawn Together movie, @Shaunbadia. I'd forgotten about that scene, it wouldn't surprise me if Family Guy ended up doing something similar (but as you said, incredibly stretched out).

I agree, @sideshow ken. The notion that they can't write for Meg is basically an admission they're not very good writers, or are unwilling to give a voice to the women on the writing staff, or maybe a mixture of both. I mean, Seth has recycled the same characters and style of humour so many times that I'd believe he has a limited range in terms of writing, but that doesn't excuse the rest of the writers.
    A little less Generic than before.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

https://tvline.com/2018/07/13/family...ic-con-poster/

Some pre-Comic Con news, with a possible Halloween themed episode coming up. What's interesting is that it will be the second time Dominic Bianchi and Joe Vau wrote an episode. Bet it will be better than A Fistful of Meg , which was a mess. Vaux sure loves horror. No seriously, check out the episodes he directed. And his IG account.

https://familyguy.wikia.com/wiki/Joe_Vaux
    https://www.instagram.com/joevaux/
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Family Guy Comic Con 2018 Preview Thoughts

Scenes during the reel:
    -Awkward penis joke with Peter crossdressing (and repeating it later on doesn’t make it better)
    ? Okay cutaway gag with Gandolph (spelling)
    - Oh geez, more Brian hitting on girls scene
    + Mildly amusing cockroach gag
    + Quagmire helping Brian? When the last time he was this nice to him? Also, the Kanye West lasagna cutaway was pretty funny. It was better than the Kanye Cane gag last season
    ? Netflix scene started slow, but ends with a twist: Peter got his own Netflix special
    + Lol, Lois and Chris arguing over smoking. That’s true with my mom.
    + Cleveland gets a job as a mailman. I wonder how many job he succeed after moving back to Quahog?
    - Grossout scene with little (?) Brian and Stewie getting split
    + Whole Grapes scene was good. It reminds me of Member Berries. And Meg saved Stewie’s life. Even Stewie claim she’s his hero.
    + IDK why but I get a laugh with Peter shooting the TV when the Orville was announced.

Also, here's some info about season 17: http://ew.com/tv/2018/07/21/family-g...tainmentweekly

A new season of Family Guy does not kick off until Sept. 30, but if you came here looking for some preview footage of the Griffins, you’re on the right trail(er).

In this first-look, four-minute-plus reel for the animated Fox comedy’s 17th season — which made its debut only a few minutes ago at Comic-Con during a Family Guy panel — Peter does his best impression of Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct. Twice, actually. He also gets a Netflix stand-up special, because, well, everyone does. Take a fresh hit of a flatulence joke involving Stranger Things, and taste a grape musical interlude that ends in tragedy. There’s also a cutaway joke in a scene about Brian’s bachelor party (yes, he’s getting married) that features Kanye West massaging an Italian dish. And finally, you can learn why Peter (who is voiced by Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane) hates MacFarlane’s other Fox series, The Orville.

During the Comic-Con panel, the show’s producers also revealed some of the big names that will grace the season 17 guest roster. Mandy Moore will play Quagmire’s daughter, of whom he’s about to become aware. Frequent guest Patrick Stewart returns, this time playing a waterbear — as is Celtics guard Kyrie Irving — in an episode titled “Big Trouble in Little Quahog,” which riffs on Honey I Shrunk the Kids. In addition, Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski will play themselves in an episode this season, as will Sarah Paulson and Sam Elliot.

EW is live from Comic-Con 2018! Click here to watch interviews with your favorite stars LIVE on Facebook July 19-22.

As previously announced, Bryan Cranston and Niecy Nash will play Bert and Sheila, a husband-wife team who serve as Peter’s new bosses at the brewery. Bert and Sheila replace Angela (who was voiced by the late Carrie Fisher). Right here, EW gives you a first look at their characters.

I take it with a grain of salt, but I really hope this season 17 is more consistent in quality. The jokes here are mostly quick and don't seem to rely too much on shock humor.
    Last edited by fas1997; 07-21-2018 at 04:58 PM.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Here's the schedule for the first few months, according to the Season 17 trailer:
    9/30 - Married With Cancer
    10/7 - Dead Dog Walking
    (these are a two-parter where Brian gets married, according to the post-panel chat)
    10/14 - (no new episode listed for this date; right now, the only reason I can think of is, Fox does not want to air a new episode against the premiere of the Charmed reboot on CW that night (yes, CW will now air shows on Sundays - Supergirl at 8, and Charmed at 9))
    10/14 - Pal Stewie
    10/21 - Big Trouble in Little Quahog
    10/28 - (pre-empted for World Series Game 5)
    11/4 - Regarding Carter
    11/11 - Stand By Meg
    11/18 - The Griffin Winter Games
    11/25 - Con Heiress

Link to the post-panel chat on Facebook, which also has the season trailer at the end
    Last edited by That Don Guy; 09-19-2018 at 11:34 AM.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Two Family Guy news Im announcing since I'm the only that clearly still follow it on a monthly basis.

First of all, they're getting a behind the scenes book for its 20th anniversary: https://t.co/nelKjKJhoY

http://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2018/0...ve-action-mix/

I have always wanted to see behind the scenes of the show, in real life. Not counting Inside Family Guy. As for the movie, this is what I asked for! But look at the phrase "live action" and my excitement went down...was it hard to hire a separate animation crew so that the show's animation crew won't feel burnt out. But hey at least this show have more heart and soul than modern Simpsons, so I trust them more.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by fas1997 View Post
    As for the movie, this is what I asked for! But look at the phrase "live action" and my excitement went down...was it hard to hire a separate animation crew so that the show's animation crew won't feel burnt out. But hey at least this show have more heart and soul than modern Simpsons, so I trust them more.
    At least it's a live-action/animated hybrid, which hopefully means "Stewie and Brian will be animated." The question is, will they use CGI, which pretty much never works with established characters (The Peanuts Movie and Peabody & Sherman pretty much proved that), or "draw them in" Who Framed Roger Rabbit? style?

Synopsis for Married.. With Cancer:
    Brian meets and quickly falls in love with a woman named Jess (voiced by Casey Wilson), who reveals she has cancer. After she receives devastating news regarding her diagnosis, Brian proposes marriage to her.
    Family Guy Season 16 Ratings - Emmy-Winning Episode: 3/5 Foxx in the Men House: 2.5/5 Nanny Goats: 1.5/5 Follow the Money: 4/5 Three Directors: 1.5/5 The D in Apartment 23: .5/5 Petey IV: 0/5 Crimes and Meg's Demeanor: 3.5/5 Don't Be a Dickens at Christmas: 3.5/5 Brian Dates a Bitch: 3.5/5 Dog Bites Bear: 2.5/5 Send in Stewie, Please: 0/5 V is for Mystery: 1.5/5 Veteran Guy: 1/5 Woof of Wall Street: .5/5 Family Guy Through the Years: 2.5/5 Flip and Switch: 2.5/5 HTTPete: 0/5 The Unkindest Cut: TBD Are You There God? It's Me, Peter: TBD

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Information for the 10/7 episode - WARNING: THERE'S A SOMEWHAT MAJOR SPOILER
     MARRIED LIFE FOR BRIAN GOES AWRY ON AN ALL-NEW "FAMILY GUY" SUNDAY, OCTOBER 7, ON FOX

In Part Two of a special two-part story, Brian's marriage to Jess (guest voice Casey Wilson) is not what he envisioned, especially after her miraculous recovery from cancer. At the suggestion of Peter, Brian lets himself go, causing Jess to make a surprising decision in the all-new "Dead Dog Walking" episode of FAMILY GUY airing Sunday, Oct. 7 (9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FG-1603) (TV-14 D, L, S, V)

Voice Cast: Seth MacFarlane as Peter Griffin, Stewie Griffin, Brian Griffin, Quagmire, and Tom Tucker; Alex Borstein as Lois Griffin; Seth Green as Chris Griffin; Mila Kunis as Meg; Mike Henry as Cleveland Brown; and Patrick Warburton as Joe.

Guest Voice Cast: Casey Wilson as Jess 

Blog Entries

fox doesn't seem like they care about spoilers all that much. remember when they dumped the 5 minute liam neeson fight on youtube before the episode even aired?

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Well, I'm sorry to say that so far things aren't looking all that good for Season 17...

I mean, part 1 might be fine enough but I'm dreading how part 2 will turn out mainly in regards to how the show will end the marriage in order to keep the status quo. The most shameful way they could go is having Jess die for some random reason akin to Joan Quagmire, and they'll lose a good chunk of my respect if they sink that low.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    Well, I'm sorry to say that so far things aren't looking all that good for Season 17...

I mean, part 1 might be fine enough but I'm dreading how part 2 will turn out mainly in regards to how the show will end the marriage in order to keep the status quo. The most shameful way they could go is having Jess die for some random reason akin to Joan Quagmire, and they'll lose a good chunk of my respect if they sink that low.
    "But...but...random deaths at the end of episodes is funny! Just like when "human Brian" got hit by a car at the end of 'Road to the Multiverse'! Besides, if you don't stand with Family Guy, then you don't stand with Seth MacFarlane, and if you don't stand with Seth MacFarlane, then you stand with Harvey Weinstein as Seth was one of the first to call him out publicly, even if it was as an inside comment to actresses..."

I have a feeling she just leaves him and ends up disappearing from the show forever, except when they have Yet Still Even Another Brian's Girlfriends Reunion Special. Either that, or she decides that, before the cancer relapses, she'll kill Brian, but just as she's about to kill him, she's killed by (choose one: Joe, Stewie).

@That Don Guy,, Even if it's repetitive I'd prefer the former. The latter would rival Quagmire wanting to kill himself in The Unkindest Cut as the most random AD!-esque Shocking Swerve all for the sake of a twist that accomplishes nothing besides derailing the whole episode.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
    Here's the schedule for the first few months, according to the Season 17 trailer:
    9/30 - Married With Cancer
    10/7 - Dead Dog Walking
    (these are a two-parter where Brian gets married, according to the post-panel chat)
    10/14 - (no new episode listed for this date; right now, the only reason I can think of is, Fox does not want to air a new episode against the premiere of the Charmed reboot on CW that night (yes, CW will now air shows on Sundays - Supergirl at 8, and Charmed at 9))
    10/21 - Big Trouble in Little Quahog
    10/28 - (pre-empted for World Series Game 5)
    11/4 - Regarding Carter
    11/11 - Stand By Meg
    11/18 - The Griffin Winter Games
    11/25 - Con Heiress
    Fox is airing a new episode - Pal Stewie - on 10/14. I wonder why it wasn't included in the original announced list.

And here's the synopsis for Pal Stewie in case anyone's curious:
    To Stewie's surprise, he quickly befriends a boy his age, but is devastated when he realizes he isn't invited to his birthday party. Meanwhile, Peter and Lois attend a self-empowerment seminar.
    Also, promo pics have come out for Dead Dog Walking showing that it has a subplot. While said synopsis didn't reveal what it's about, it looks pretty dumb just based on the images.

Thread Information