Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: How many seasons do you own?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Birthplace of the Flaming Moe Welcome to Moe's's Avatar

Yeah, I was considering buying the season 20 DVD simply cause I think the box artwork looks nice (I have a mug which I'm drinking out of now that has the same design with all the characters and it's lovely) though I think I'll just wait for the regular release as it does seem to be so quickly done from what I can gather, hopefully they'll release the seasons after season 18 and re-release season 20 properly as I'm sure there's many Simpsons fans who have done the same, specially as it seems like an import to most of us too.

Edit: My mug lol

'"Uh, Hugh Jass! D'oh, somebody check the men's room for a Hugh Jass"

I have 1-12 and the movie. Would not waste money on anything past that though.

I have all of them and the movie.
    My goal is to have the entire series.
    Simpsons Tapped Out name: Zim999777

Currently own Season 1 though 5, 10 through 17, the movie and Christmas 2 (mainly for having an animatic of the first act of 'Tis the 15th Season that is exclusive to said release).

My current goal is to get the remaining seasons that are currently out (barring 20) by the end of next year for the 30th anniversary of the show being an actual series.
    Family Guy Season 17 Ratings - Married... with Cancer: .5/5 Dead Dog Walking: .5/5 Pal Stewie: 3/5 Big Trouble in Little Quahog: 3.5/5 Regarding Carter: 1.5/5 Stand by Meg: 2/5 Griffin Winter Games: 2.5/5 Con Heiress: 0/5 Pawtucket Pete: 2.5/5 Hefty Shades of Gray: .5/5 Trump Guy: .5/5 Bri, Robot: .5/5 Trans-Fat: 2/5 Family Guy Lite: 1.5/5 No Giggity, No Doubt: 1.5/5 You Can't Handle the Booth: 1/5 Island Adventure: 4/5 Throw It Away: 2/5 Girl, Internetted: 1.5/5 Adam West High: 1.5/5
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: TBD Stompe le Monde: TBD Mom Sauce: TBD

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Doesn't one of the Christmas DVDs also have a scene that is not on the season DVD sets? I think it was "Dude, Where's My Ranch?"
    UP AND ATOM!

@Captain Squid, Not sure, though that episode is on Christmas 2.

The animatic for Tis the 15th Season has a scene with Cletus that's not in the final episode (though unfortunately, this animatic is a side by side one with the audio from the actual episode so you don't get to hear the scene from the animatic).

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    @Captain Squid, Not sure, though that episode is on Christmas 2.

The animatic for Tis the 15th Season has a scene with Cletus that's not in the final episode (though unfortunately, this animatic is a side by side one with the audio from the actual episode so you don't get to hear the scene from the animatic).
    I think the season DVD is missing the scene of Cookie's grave at the end.

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    I think the season DVD is missing the scene of Cookie's grave at the end.
    That one joke from 'Dude Where's My Ranch' (season 14) was added in as the final scene of the season 15 deleted scenes reel and inserted into the episode for the new edition of S14 (checked the end of the S15 deleted scenes to make sure), but as someone who used to have Christmas 2 I don't recall it being on that version either (just like the first version of the S14 set).

I think it was a gag that was removed after the first airing and forgotten about until it was rediscovered when a fan (a member of this site, if I recall correctly) pointed it out to Al Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    That one joke from 'Dude Where's My Ranch' (season 14) was added in as the final scene of the season 15 deleted scenes reel and inserted into the episode for the new edition of S14 (checked the end of the S15 deleted scenes to make sure), but as someone who used to have Christmas 2 I don't recall it being on that version either (just like the first version of the S14 set).

I think it was a gag that was removed after the first airing and forgotten about until it was rediscovered when a fan (a member of this site, if I recall correctly) pointed it out to Al Jean.
    Interesting, is there any way to figure out which version of season 14 you are looking at when in a store? Like a spine number or copyright date?

I have no idea how to identify the new version (if there really is such a thing; would be nice if someone who has a revised version could confirm it) and with the discontinuation of the season sets it might be hard to get hold of any of the DVDs.

Strange, I definitely don't remember that scene being in "Dude Where's My Ranch?" when I first saw it on TV all those years ago. I'll have to go back and watch the Season 15 deleted scenes reel, as I'm guessing I have the original version of Season 14 with the scene missing.
    A little less Generic than before.

Alright @Captain Squid, I decided to check out my Christmas 2 and Season 14 DVDs to see if they had the missing scene from Dude, Where's My Ranch?, and it isn't on either one.

Also @CousinMerl, Yeah, the scene was added to the Season 15 deleted scenes because a Nohomers member pointed it out to Al.

Thanks for checking! I was going to buy the Christmas DVD but now I'll pass.

I wish they included the live action opening on the Ricky Gervais episode. The DVD was missing it.

Always late to the party Whyyoubig's Avatar

This thread is old, but I guess I’ll say something. I own season 1-13, 15-18 and 20 on DVD and 14 on Blu-Ray.
    Last edited by Whyyoubig; 07-05-2018 at 06:34 PM.
    Favorite/least favorite by season (not counting clip shows)
    Season 1: Life on the Fast Lane/Some Enchanted Evening Season 2: Bart the Daredevil/Old Money Season 3: Bart the Lover/Dog of Death Season 4: Last Exit to Springfield/Marge in Chains Season 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets an Elephant Season 6: Homer the Great/Fear of Flying Season 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza Season 8: You Only Move Twice/Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(D’oh)cious Season 9: The City of New York Vs Homer Simpson/Lisa the Skeptic Season 10: Lisa Gets an A/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble Season 11: Behind the Laughter/It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Marge Season 12: Trilogy of Error/Homer Vs Dignity Season 13: I Am Furious (Yellow)/The Frying Game Season 14: Moe Baby Blues/Barting Over Season 15: Simple Simpson/Bart-Mangled Banner Season 16: Don’t Fear the Roofer/On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister Season 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/Bonfire of the Manatees Season 18: 24 Minutes/The Boys of Bummer Season 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/That 90’s Show Season 20: Gone Maggie Gone/In the Name of the Grandfather Season 21: The Bob Next Door/The Greatest Story Ever D’ohed Season 22: Angry Dad: The Movie/Elementary School Musical Season 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Lisa Goes Gaga Season 24: I haven’t seen this season Season 25: Brick Like Me/Days of Future Future Season 26: Simpsorama/The Musk Who Fell to Earth Season 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man’s Dream Season 28: 22 For 30/Kamp Krustier Season 29: Gone Boy/The Old Blue Mayor She Ain’t What She Used to Be Season 30: TBD when 11 episodes have aired/TBD when 11 episodes have aired

Blog Entries

I only have S1. I wanna have all of 1-8 eventually but I'm lazy so it'll never happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot76 View Post
    don't feel threatened by a dude who gargles mayonnaise

Always late to the party Whyyoubig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by k e l l y View Post
    I only have S1. I wanna have all of 1-8 eventually but I'm lazy so it'll never happen
    What do you mean, lazy? Because if you have the money then just go on Amazon and order them.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    Thanks for checking! I was going to buy the Christmas DVD but now I'll pass.
    I'm thinking that the deleted scene from 'Ranch' might have been an intentional deletion (sometimes changes does occur from initial airings and/or maybe it was just accidentally aired the first time and shouldn't have been in there) but when the NHC member pointed out it's absence Al Jean saved face by acknowledging it, including it on the S15 deleted scenes reel and inserting it in re-releases of S14. Just a thought.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Whyyoubig View Post
    What do you mean, lazy? Because if you have the money then just go on Amazon and order them.
    Well duh. Lazy as in, would procrastinate and wait months to buy the next season because I'm a snail when it comes to TV

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    I'm thinking that the deleted scene from 'Ranch' might have been an intentional deletion (sometimes changes does occur from initial airings and/or maybe it was just accidentally aired the first time and shouldn't have been in there) but when the NHC member pointed out it's absence Al Jean saved face by acknowledging it, including it on the S15 deleted scenes reel and inserting it in re-releases of S14. Just a thought.
    Wait, so later pressings of season 14 has the scene in the episode?

Yes, I do think so (as I said that in an earlier post to be found above which you also responded to) as the end of the S15 deleted scenes reel right after the scene from 'Dude' which shows up as an extra w. commentary by Jean does display this message (which should confirm it):

Again, I cannot make sure due to having the original version of the set I'm still hoping for someone who owns the revised variant of S14 could come out and confirm it (by the way, does all of you only have the original release?)

First time posting!

I own seasons 1-12 & 18 on DVD, and seasons 13-17 & 20 on Blu-ray. In other words, I bought anything that was out on Blu-ray, and if it wasn't on Blu-ray, I got the DVD release. I have seasons 18, 19 & 21-29 on iTunes. All in all, it cost a fortune, but I was able to get a lot of the DVDs and Blu-rays at a discount, usually.

I prefer to own something on physical media, as buying a season on iTunes is a totally dull experience. I like to open the boxes, enjoy the booklets, etc.

I actually think seasons 13-17 and the pre-HD episodes of season 20 look really good on Blu-ray. I'm not sure if it was their process of upscaling or if the episodes were taken from a high-res source, but I do notice a big difference between those seasons and the DVD releases I own.

I have used Simpsons World intermittently, but I'm a bit of a purist, and I hate being bombarded with ads, and even the "FX" logo puts me off. Plus, I haven't maintained a continuous cable subscription to FX/FXX.

I will NEVER watch a pre-season 20 episode in fake 16:9, unless I have to! It looks absolutely awful, with jokes being cropped out and the stretched screen. I only bought seasons 18 and 19 on iTunes because there was no other legal way to own either season at the time of purchase (though now, I enjoy the season 18 DVD over the stretched iTunes version).

Although I've noticed that folks on this forum are a little disenchanted with the series in recent years, I still enjoy the newer seasons, even if I'm not belly-laughing like previously. I do enjoy the odd episode of Family Guy, American Dad and South Park, but I think it takes more effort and craftsmanship to create a show like The Simpsons to be as enjoyable and edgy while being family friendly within the confides of it's TV time slot. I see the series in a more artistic light, you might say.

1-18, 20 and the movie hoping they release 19.

Oh yes, I should add, I have the movie also, on Blu.

Thread Information