Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Brickleberry

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    Heard people talking about how awesome Brickleberry is in school.

-1 faith in the new generation.
    I've actually been developing my own cartoon for a number of years that actually has an emotional core to it and isn't trying to be ultra-funny all the time.

When I hear what the new generation is into, the less confident its chances of survival would be if it ever became a reality.
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

Blog Entries

Ugh, what the hell. Is this where comedy is heading?

Seth McFarlane's shows are having an influence...a bad influence. Pretty much every new comedy after Family Guy has been 'ultra-funny' gash. And it's possibly not a coincidence that the Simpsons and later on South Park dumbed themselves down afterwards.

Banned
    inside of your skeleton, slowly feeding away at your insides,
    Blog Entries

aw fuk u!!! u just dont understand it cuz ur a boring old man. let me get a cane for u, granpa.

Blog Entries

Just watch the first episode and it was pretty weak. Connie and Denzel are really creepy and bad stereotypes of lesbian/black people. With the exception of a few jokes, the bear, and the ranger, the show is just another bad attempt at comedy and being edgy. Maybe the show will get better, I don't know, but for now my rating is a 2/5.

Blog Entries

A YouTube comment sums it up...

OMG HE'S PUTTING AIDS IN HIS BREAKFAST. SO EDGY!

Blog Entries

Does anybody here think this show actually has a snowflakes chance in Hell of making it past 1 season?
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

It's Comedy Central and Daniel Tosh so it'll probably get about 20 seasons.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    It's Comedy Central and Daniel Tosh so it'll probably get about 20 seasons.
    True.....I still find it disheartening to know that "Mind of Mencia" manage to last longer than Chappelle's Show....

Blog Entries

Well I just finished watching the second episode and in my opinion it was much better than the first episode. The majority of the jokes worked and the plot was mediocre although the subplot with the black guy was unfunny. most of the "shock humour" worked much better than the previous episode.
    3/5 average

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by irvine_11 View Post
    I've actually been developing my own cartoon for a number of years that actually has an emotional core to it and isn't trying to be ultra-funny all the time.

When I hear what the new generation is into, the less confident its chances of survival would be if it ever became a reality.
    actually, it might work solely based on the fact that it's 'new', compared to what we have nowadays.

I had an idea for a cartoon where half the episodes would be comedic, the rest would be more dramatic. Now I'm more into live-action shows though (by which I mean making my own shows, not just watching)

"went to pick up cigarettes" Tubbb!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PythonMoleman View Post
    It reeks of ASS!!!
    I had this whole review written about how terrible this show was, but then it got wiped out when I went to grab PythonMoleman's quote. Just as well.... PM's AVGN quote pretty much sums it up for me. The show's writing is lazy, the "Malloy" character felt like it was just a tacked-on vehicle for Daniel Tosh, and if you ever wanted to know what Yogi Bear would have been like if it was conceived and produced in the 21st century by Seth MacFarlane's retarded twin brother... you just got your answer.

The only thing that made me slightly giggle was the cutaway gag with Woody where a Kermit the Frog hand puppet, which he manipulates himself, is telling him to commit suicide.
    I am willing to watch a few more episodes if I happen to stumble across them when there's nothing else on... just to see if the writers even TRY to flesh out the characters beyond lazy stereotypes. Failing that, I think I could live the rest of my life without ever seeing this show again.

EDIT:
    Just watched the second episode.
    Three things:
    1.) Okay. I get it. There's a redneck (that lives in the park?) who rapes animals. If that's their idea of a reoccurring secondary character, then I can see where this show is headed.
    2.) Did... did Denzel just participate in an incestuous geriatric mother-daughter threesome?
    3.) Daniel Tosh is a terrible voice actor. (Can you even call it "voice acting" when you're just using your normal voice and inflection?)

That's it. I'm done with this show. It's just not suited to my tastes... not in the least bit.

Another EDIT:
    I found out Tom Kenny has a role in this show as "Woody." (Maybe that's the reason I liked that scene?)
    Oh. My. God. I've seen him on avant-garde comedy shows like T&E:AS,GJ, but I really thought he was above crap like this. I hope he's getting $PAID$ for this!
    Last edited by Tubbb!; 10-04-2012 at 08:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedwaySquad View Post
    You liked this episode, I didn't. There's no need to get so worked up about it.
    "In Rand McNally, they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people!"
    "Oh, I've wasted my life."

Blog Entries

I've just downloaded the second episode, but I won't be watching it until I get home tonight (I have to go to college soon and I'm watching Two Best Friends Play Heavy Rain part 17 before I go).

EDIT: So I just watched it and this was a huge improvement over the first episode. Even that otherwise horrible lesbian character was bearable this time around. I loved Malloy's whole Craigslist trick.
    Last edited by Shaunbadia; 10-03-2012 at 01:25 PM.

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tubb! View Post
    if you ever wanted to know what Yogi Bear would have been like if it was conceived and produced in the 21st century by Seth MacFarlane's retarded twin brother... you just got your answer.
    Seth MacFarlane IS the retarded twin brother

"hehehe...guy fall down...get hurt...punch women...funny"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

14. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Tubbb!

Professional Burger Stealer Krusty Burglar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Spruce Moose View Post
    Seth MacFarlane IS the retarded twin brother

"hehehe...guy fall down...get hurt...punch women...funny"
    heheh fart, punch, make joke about autism, fart

Blog Entries

Both of you left out the witty '80s pop culture references.

I am disappoint.

Blog Entries

What if they were to show Doctor Hartman punching an autistic woman to the ground so hard she farts and then Fletch walks in and says "Wow, using the whole fist doc?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    What if they were to show Doctor Hartman punching an autistic woman to the ground so hard she farts and then Fletch walks in and says "Wow, using the whole fist doc?"
    Say, that was pretty good!
    ...do you write for The Family Man?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tubb! View Post
    Say, that was pretty good!
    ...do you write for The Family Man?
    Well.....whenever you notice something like that.....a manatee did it

Blog Entries

Hello. Friz here. Watched the first two episodes of this. Laughed heartily. Very sharp and well written. I'm Friz.
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    About milk, remember that this word has several meanings...

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Blog Entries

Just watched the third episode. It was surprisingly funny (Though they did do that horrible growling vagina joke again). Oh, and It's even more abundantly clear now that it's trying to be Drawn Together and not quite hitting the same mark. However I won't deprive them of an A for effort in that department.

The Crime-Solving Boat Knightboat's Avatar

I decided to give this a go mainly because I'm a huge fan of It's Always Sunny and Kaitin Olson is one of the leading voice actors. So, I watched the first episode on ComedyCentral.com and I thought it was incredibly lame. I don't think I laughed once.

Blog Entries

Does snickering at the bizarre animal sex make me a terrible person, or just a person who had a mixed-bag childhood?

For some reason, I actually want to see more of this show and judge it for myself. Something about the blatant disregard for (the consequences of) casual similarities to other shows makes me feel like it might be a welcome break (however that works). I'm sure that in ten years people will consider "wacky family plus at least one character who should not talk" to be a subgenre, much like the stupid "quirks" in the history of non-animated sitcoms. I reserve judgement on whether that's even a good or bad thing.

Also, awful as it is, I happen to like that Seth hasn't a single damn reason to think this sh*t deserves to be on air. *sits tight*

ETA: Seen two episodes now and I have to say I'm definitely going to continue watching this when I'm bored. It's not unbearable.
    Last edited by kes; 10-17-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Blog Entries

Seen all of one and half of two and I'm never going to watch it again.

Blog Entries

I have watched all of the four episodes that have aired and only 1 of them were bearable. The rest was just disgusting toilet humor.

Blog Entries

Bearable? Don't make me laugh.

Blog Entries

Not gonna lie, this show looks fucking terrible, pretty low on the effort-o-meter. And I like Tosh.0(I saw him shelling this show for a while, I just figured it was a joke).

Blog Entries

I watched the newest episode which had Steve creating a hybrid creature called a "Squabbit" (A combination of a Squirrel and a Rabbit). It was decent by the standards of what I've come to expect from this show. It reminded me of the Drawn Together episode where Wooldoor learns how to masturbate and produces "Clum Babies", except not as good as that.....Yeah, I really think half of the reason I continue to watch is because I miss Drawn Together and I'll take what I can get at this point.

Next weeks episode parodying "Face/Off" actually looks like it could be genuinely funny to be fair.

Blog Entries

No.

No.

Just...no.

31. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Dobbie

Blog Entries

Drawn Together was fucking terrible too. Never liked a single Comedy Central cartoon that wasn't called South Park, because they've all been awful.

33. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Dobbie, Sam, Teddy

Blog Entries

What do people see in Drawn Together? It's nothing more then cartoon characters getting bastardized and abuse with pop culture references and sex jokes.

Thread Information