Page 3 of 157 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: American Dad! general discussion

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

This show's a shadow of its former self but the latest season hasn't been terrible. I really hate how pathetic they've made Stan and how intolerable Roger has become, though.
    Watching the earlier seasons just makes me yearn for competent CIA-man Stan and classic Roger.

A show needs likable characters and they've progressively gotten worse. I'll be sad when it ends as it used to be the highlight of the new shows every week, but Bob's Burger has that title now and AD! doesn't seem much better than its sister-shows any more.

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Swoony

I also remember that AD sometimes seems to copy the formula of an episode like five times a year. Stan and Roger have a fight. Jeff and Hayley have issues. Stan is too hard on Steve.

Blog Entries

Well the thing is, about a feature film, it just wouldn't happen. It's overshadowed by Family Guy and even the Cleveland Show. Seth I hear doesn't even really like it.

Blog Entries

Steve's probably my favourite current character. They use roger too often and Stan has become more outlandish reciently.

I never liked Hayley all that much though. I wish her and Jeff would just move out. What married couple lives in their parents house?

And Seth actually enjoys the direction of ad. He's just really into fg and other stuff and doesnt have the time to work on ad other than the voices.

Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

6. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Nicky

Blog Entries

Does Seth like this show? I heard he hates it.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifey_Spoony View Post
    Steve's probably my favourite current character. They use roger too often and Stan has become more outlandish reciently.

I never liked Hayley all that much though. I wish her and Jeff would just move out. What married couple lives in their parents house?

And Seth actually enjoys the direction of ad. He's just really into fg and other stuff and doesnt have the time to work on ad other than the voices.
    We had Mike "Meathead" and Gloria Stivic on All in the Family, but that formula worked great for those first two or three seasons. Hayley's alright, but she can be boring sometimes.

Blog Entries

I know Seth will make a Family Guy movie but I think I'd rather have an American Dad movie it would peobably have more plot.
    Its too bad that probably will never happen, maybe a direct to dvd movie

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

I don't really know how an American Dad movie would be that good, and I'm honestly doubting that the Family Guy movie will be very good. I will, of course, watch it for the curiosity of it. I watched Ted, and I surprisingly liked it.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How would a Family Guy movie be made? Would they do something epic like the Simpsons Movie except with a cutaway every 3-5 minutes, or would it be like multiple stories to feature the family with cutaway like things around it. Or would they make it completely plot related with Peter and Stewie doing something for an hour and a half.

An American Dad movie would easily do better than a Family Guy movie just with their plot focused episodes and still likeable characters. I could imagine some plots for it like returning to Rogers home planet or Stan going on a big C.I.A. mission that will also effect his family badly. For Family Guy, the only things I can think of would involve something else entirely effecting the family or simply another plot involving Stewie and his machines. Either way, it's very likely they won't be that much better than normal episodes on tv, but I'll watch them if and when they are made.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

Banned
    inside of your skeleton, slowly feeding away at your insides,
    Blog Entries

mayhbeh dstewie goes in a fuck maxchine and he fogws to kluke skywalkor an hes like ii yo fatyha and lukk is lik NO THSA CANGT BE TRUT ITS IMPOSSBLE

lualz im drunk

Blog Entries

fml

Banned
    Blog Entries

lawl it wuud be funny if stan teh man ate a cheese an rodgr woud shoot him width a gun amd say my milkshaks beign all teh boy to m y teard

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Don't worry, I can translate lolcatenese.

Maybe stewie goes in a fuck machine and he goes to Luke Skywalker and he's like,'' I'm your father'' and Luke is like,''NO THIS CAN'T BE TRUE, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE,'' Lawl, it would be funny is Stan the man ate some cheese and Roger would shoot him with a gun and say,''My milkshakes bring all the boys to my yard''

Banned
    Blog Entries

lol im fuckjin drunk an i neeed to kill a man

Blog Entries

Did you think your song and dance and your superstition would help you, @PythonMoleman?! I am the Third Revelation! I am who the Lord has chosen!

20. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    Did you think your song and dance and your superstition would help you, @PythonMoleman?! I am the Third Revelation! I am who the Lord has chosen!
    i am deecan srtan jesus man luklz

Blog Entries

Because I’m smarter than you, I’m older, and because I’m not a false prophet, you sniveling boy

Banned
    Blog Entries

Because I’m smarter than you, I’m older, and because I’m not a false prophet, you sniveling boy
    WHUTEVER IM LIKE 4000 YEARS OLD AN YER LIKE 1457

24. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Go home PythonMoleman, you're drunk.

Blog Entries

I am the Third Revelation! I am the Third Revelation! I told you I would eat you! I told you I would eat you up!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Startug View Post
    Go home PythonMoleman, you're drunk.
    if i hav 2 go home,den u have 2 carry me

Blog Entries

ay carumba gonna take a megaman to stop this action

Banned
    Blog Entries

ay carumba gonna take a megaman to stop this action
    cowubananaangaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by PythonMoleman View Post
    if i hav 2 go home,den u have 2 carry me
    Alright son, let's go. I'll carry you half way. If you're not sober then, you're on your own.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Alright son, let's go. I'll carry you half way. If you're not sober then, you're on your own.
    piss off, gorge cralin

Quote Originally Posted by PythonMoleman View Post
    piss off, gorge cralin
    Okay then...

...Fucker.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Okay then...

...Fucker.
    i sorry

Blog Entries

fuck you guys for ruining my thread

Alright, all is clear and forgiven. Hope we can get back on the topic though.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifey_Spoony View Post
    Steve's the only likable character left. Roger is pretty much consistently a jerk to everyone and Stan varies between unforgivably dense and unreasonable.

Roger is just so smug and self-serving now; I can't really stand him, any more. He's never been an angel, but he's just so nasty now and his background of being somewhat of a monster has grown quite a bit over the years.

I don't much like Stan any more either. Every week he seems to have some new obsession or problem that didn't exist the week before and now must be solved within twenty minutes. This probably sounds like the the concept for a weekly sitcom, but it's tiresome after so many years.

Chances are the problems have always existed with these characters but after so many years, it's hard to put up with them.

Thread Information