• Poland

0 0%
  • Other (specify)

0 0%
Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Association Football Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbie View Post
    Second half beginning for the Montreal Impact!

*nobody cares*
    Is Nesta Playing?
    If so...how's he doing?

Blog Entries

He's playing yes.

Doing well right now. Had a few stinkers due to him being ancient though. Chicago away last season for example was just horrible to see.

Blog Entries

And as I type, he was subbed off due to a slight groin injury for our academy player Wandrille Lefevre. 54th minute.

That's my Nesta
    Who's his Partner on Defense? He usually did well with Thiago Silva in defense in his last few years here at Milan
    He covered for Thiago's lack of experience...Thiago covered for his Physical Decline...it was a match made in heaven
    Ah...how I miss it...now we have these clueless fucks Mexes and Zapata

He's injured? That's too bad...hope it's not too serious

Banned
    Blog Entries

We should've got Steve Bruce as manager last season

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThankYouComeAgain View Post
    That's my Nesta
    Who's his Partner on Defense? He usually did well with Thiago Silva in defense in his last few years here at Milan
    He covered for Thiago's lack of experience...Thiago covered for his Physical Decline...it was a match made in heaven
    Ah...how I miss it...now we have these clueless fucks Mexes and Zapata

He's injured? That's too bad...hope it's not too serious
    Usually partner is Matteo Ferrari, but now it's our right-back/utility player Hassoun Camara. Very good player, fan favourite is he Camara!

AND WE JUST SCORED. Lefevre's first touch was a superb swerve pass to Pisanu who found Romero who put Rolfe in his shorts. Great finish from the right side angle. 1-0!

Usually partner is Matteo Ferrari, but now it's our right-back/utility player Hassoun Camara. Very good player, fan favourite is he Camara!

AND WE JUST SCORED. Lefevre's first touch was a superb swerve pass to Pisanu who found Romero who put Rolfe in his shorts. Great finish from the right side angle. 1-0!
    Ferrari? LOL That explains it.Dude was a Roma Defender
    And especially at the time when he played for them Roma was an all-out-attack crazy team...that really killed their Defenders Developement such as Mexes
    Only got 12 caps for the Nazionale too

Don't know this Camara dude but I'm sure he's better then Ferrari

Blog Entries

Ferrari's good. Been our best defender alongside Camara for a while now.

A massive melee in the Chicago box. Sean Johnson (Fire keeper) tripped Pisanu in the box and the players just wanted to eat each other. Penalty for the Impact! Step up Patrice Bernier (who has never missed since rejoining...)

edit: A FREE-KICK? How is that possible?!

Ferrari's good. Been our best defender alongside Camara for a while now.

A massive melee in the Chicago box. Sean Johnson (Fire keeper) tripped Pisanu in the box and the players just wanted to eat each other. Penalty for the Impact! Step up Patrice Bernier (who has never missed since rejoining...)

edit: A FREE-KICK? How is that possible?!
    Not saying he's bad but you should have seen him at Roma...man did they mess him up.
    He was quite good at Parma tho

I reckon Nesta is the best out of them...if not for his Physique Declining of course...and also cuz of the fact that he never played on another league besides Serie A during his career so I imagine it took him some time to get used to the American League

Blog Entries

Nesta is very good at home in which we control the tempo and try to play a possession-based game with a quick counter, however away where MLS teams pressure us he can struggle. Chicago and Houston away being prime examples. Artificial pitches seem to be one of his enemies, alongside his knee.

Blog Entries

2-0! MARCO DI VAAAAAIIO

Assisted by another Italian - Daniele Paponi. Great cross by Brovsky on the build-up. Just superb.

Nesta is very good at home in which we control the tempo and try to play a possession-based game with a quick counter, however away where MLS teams pressure us he can struggle. Chicago and Houston away being prime examples. Artificial pitches seem to be one of his enemies, alongside his knee.
    Sounds about right...with his Physical Decline and all.There's few better readers of the game then him
    The pitch thing is odd since Serie A has some of the worst pitches ever...even if they're Natural.Milan's Own Stadium San Siro had shit grass for several seasons
    2-0! MARCO DI VAAAAAIIO

Assisted by another Italian - Daniele Paponi. Great cross by Brovsky on the build-up. Just superb.
    Haha Di Vaio scored
    Used to be quite a threat for Milan in recent years...glad Bologna don't have him anymore

Blog Entries

Paponi is having the best debut I've ever seen. Just links up so well with Di Vaio!

TYCA our owner, Joey Saputo, has some Italian roots so our scouting is in Italy right now! Got Di Vaio, Nesta, Ferrari, Pisanu, Paponi and Nelson Rivas here!

TYCA our owner, Joey Saputo, has some Italian roots so our scouting is in Italy right now! Got Di Vaio, Nesta, Ferrari, Pisanu, Paponi and Nelson Rivas here!
    Yeah I know that.Many Italian Veterans left to US League last year

Blog Entries

Do you have any Italians out of contract in the summer?

Talks of Totti joining here as a DP. Would certainly add class to our midfield but that move would probably mean Felipe is gone which would be a shame. Arguably our most influencial player offensively last season but has struggled in Schallibaum's new formation. But he plays in Totti's position and takes up an international slot (here in MLS clubs can buy/exchange slots for international players. Usually 8 is the default number, but we have 11 due to trades and etc. And all 11 slots are taken)

That said maybe Felipe will stay even if we sign Totti, mostly because Rivas is crocked forever. There's also Iapichino that could leave although our numbers in defence is small right now due to injuries.

Do you have any Italians out of contract in the summer?

Talks of Totti joining here as a DP. Would certainly add class to our midfield but that move would probably mean Felipe is gone which would be a shame. Arguably our most influencial player offensively last season but has struggled in Schallibaum's new formation. But he plays in Totti's position and takes up an international slot (here in MLS clubs can buy/exchange slots for international players. Usually 8 is the default number, but we have 11 due to trades and etc. And all 11 slots are taken)

That said maybe Felipe will stay even if we sign Totti, mostly because Rivas is crocked forever. There's also Iapichino that could leave although our numbers in defence is small right now due to injuries.
    You mean Milan? Nah...we have a Super Young Team right now
    As for other teams not sure

Totti won't be leaving I don't think...I think he'll close his career with Roma
    Maybe Del Piero might be wanting to switch from A-League to MSL but those are just rumours

Felipe? You mean this guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felipe_Campanholi_Martins? From his Wikipedia article it says that he's a "consistent two-way midfileder with a high work rate"
    Totti definetely isn't that and doesn't play in Midfield

Totti is a Playmaker(CAM)/Striker...the very opposite of that
    Mostly has played as Striker for Roma for the past 6-7 seasons...though ocassionally he's played as a Playmaker too
    He's no Dynamic Midfielder like this Felipe dude tho

Blog Entries

Felipe is a playmaker/AM. That's his best position. Now he's being asked to play in a deeper role in a 4-4-2/4-1-4-1 which doesn't suit him.

Felipe is a playmaker/AM. That's his best position. Now he's being asked to play in a deeper role in a 4-4-2/4-1-4-1 which doesn't suit him.
    Oh....ok then
    If you're looking for a CAM/Striker Totti is your man...but I don't see him leaving Roma

Blog Entries

I agree. I think he'll retire a Roma player. But then again who knew Nesta would join us?

That said not sure if I want him. He's a bit too old and we have enough 30+ year olds for now!

Banned
    Blog Entries

We want Moxy out

I agree. I think he'll retire a Roma player. But then again who knew Nesta would join us?

That said not sure if I want him. He's a bit too old and we have enough 30+ year olds for now!
    Well it's not like Nesta is as much of a Milanista as Totti is a Romanista
    It wasn't that unexpected to me

I see where you're coming from...but you can't say no to Totti regardless
    Dude still scored like 12 goals till now in Serie A this season...I'd imagine he might be able to score 20+ in MLS
    Plus maybe he'd learn some of the youngsters a trick or too

Blog Entries

I'll 'pass' because of his age and injury problems. At this rate we'll have nobody left for the 2015 season!

I'll 'pass' because of his age and injury problems. At this rate we'll have nobody left for the 2015 season!
    Depends
    I think it'd be ok for a season

Blog Entries

I can agree with that, but after the Italian experiment is over I'd like to see us sign young players. Paponi was brilliant today so there's hope for us to sign a few young Italian players!

We have Perkins, Camara, Bernier, Nesta, Ferrari, Arnaud and Di Vaio all over 30 and a few players on loan we might not re-sign (Pisanu, Romero, Paponi, Rodriguez) as well as a few players that probably won't be here for much longer (Mapp, Nyassi, Rivas, Iapichino, Mallace, Valentin, etc.) Gotta avoid the potential overhaul!

I can agree with that, but after the Italian experiment is over I'd like to see us sign young players. Paponi was brilliant today so there's hope for us to sign a few young Italian players!

We have Perkins, Camara, Bernier, Nesta, Ferrari, Arnaud and Di Vaio all over 30 and a few players on loan we might not re-sign (Pisanu, Romero, Paponi, Rodriguez) as well as a few players that probably won't be here for much longer (Mapp, Nyassi, Rivas, Iapichino, Mallace, Valentin, etc.) Gotta avoid the potential overhaul!
    Yeah Youth is the way to go...though it should be mixed a bit with some few Veterans
    To have someone to teach the Kids whether it'd be Technique,Commitment or Mentality

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Dobbie

Banned
    Blog Entries

Wolves looking to go down. Fuck this fucked up bullshit. No wonder the fans invaded the pitch yesterday.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I couldn't really care less about football to be honest. I find it pretty boring.

Blog Entries

So why post in this thread at all?

Banned
    Blog Entries

So why post in this thread at all?
    To make a point.

Blog Entries

Alright now that's out of the way. Moving on.

Looks like a potential relegation scrap on the last day of the season next week. Insane how Huddersfield could go down with 57 points!

Thread Information