Thread: CatDog

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

CatDog

So, who remembers this? I ask because I was trying desperately to remember how the fuck they got merged together in the first place. I tried searching online but nowhere seemed to have an answer. I seem to recall them showing a scene of them when they were separate as a pup and kitten and a Wizard holding them up angrily as they screamed at each other before he smashed them into one and other and as he did it a big white flash covered the screen. If anyone can confirm this memory as fact then I'd be grateful.

Also....discuss the show or whatever...I remember enjoying this when I was little.

EDIT: Here's the theme song if you need a little help casting your minds back

Last edited by Shaunbadia; 08-10-2012 at 09:03 PM.
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

Guess you guys are going on a Nicktoons-I-think-are-overrated binge.

Blog Entries

this show was pretty bad and it signaled the end of nickelodeon for me

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

ooooooooooooooooooh leprechaun_dan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This was always my least favourite of the 90s Nickelodeon shows, although it wasn't too bad. The theme song is probably the best thing about it for its catchiness
    [SIZE=1] Check out my South Park episode ideas in my user notes (Note: It's the fifth and last note): http://www.nohomers.net/usernote.php...ewuser&u=41294

"I got blisters on me fingers!" ~ Ringo Starr (Helter Skelter)

Led Zeppelin IV > Houses of the Holy > Physical Graffiti > Led Zeppelin II > Led Zeppelin I > Led Zeppelin III > Presence > In Through the Out Door > Coda

Blog Entries

It rings a bell. I never watched it though...

Blog Entries

there was some stupid episode where a frog and blue buzzard were revealed to be catdog's adoptive parents after the wind magically carried thim there and i remember being mad because it TOTALLY CONTRADICTED earlier episodes like thim being a kitten-puppy at t/his/eir parents' house and a bus full of t/his/eir relatives

maybe that wizard thing came later

Blog Entries

Never really cared for Catdog. Catdog came out when I was 14, so I was definitely in my more jaded teenage years, so that must have been a factor. Liked Hey Arnold and Angry Beavers much more around that time. Even at a younger age, I just never really bought into the character or whatever. And the supporting cast seemed really weird as well, if I recall.

Blog Entries

It's one of the few Nickelodeon cartoons from my childhood (although this was towards the end) that if I watched nowadays it would be 100% nostalgia and nothing else gained. The show is strangely mean-spirited and the accompanying humor lacks heavily.

Plus the characters are just awful.

edit: also agreed on the theme song being the best part

Blog Entries

Yeah how did they merge? According to the wikipedia page they are brothers? How can that be if they are different species?

And whats with mouse with the human nose?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Matlock; 08-11-2012 at 12:05 AM.

The Crime-Solving Boat Knightboat's Avatar

Yeah, I remember this. I can't remember if it was any good or not but I do remember wanting a CatDog for Christmas. It never happened. Damn scientists are too busy finding cures for cancer and not prioritising their time by splicing feline and canine genes together.

I remember Angry Beavers as well. Was that any good?
    Simpsons Tapped Out ID: Knightboat89

Zombies Rise from the Sea

I remember watching an episode of this, I even remember watching a segment of this on "The Rugrats Movie" VHS (I think it was about a hairball) and while I remember sort of liking it, I felt it was just something to watch on Nickelodeon while waiting for the other cartoons on Cartoon Network. The only reason why I would watch this is if I needed to remember something or relive parts of my past; thankfully that need has not popped up yet.

on a trip to squaresville Prune Tracy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I remember liking this show. Of course, I watched it at a very young age.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Knightboat View Post
    I remember Angry Beavers as well. Was that any good?
    for the most part, yeah

Blog Entries

I still like it I have the movie its pretty good. I think im the only one who likes it still

Blog Entries

They made a movie on CatDog?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    They made a movie on CatDog?
    Yeah, something to do with finding their parents if memory serves me well. It was a made-for-TV movie.

Oh, and Angry Beavers was pretty fuckin' funny. I loved the time travel episode where one of them literally got punched into the previous week multiple times.

Blog Entries

So, where's the Rocket Power thread?

Blog Entries

not existing as it should be

Blog Entries

what's with all the nostalgia guys

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I actually enjoyed Catdog for what it was to me as a kid...a time filler. Some episodes were pretty good. I liked the one where Cat lost his extra lives and they had to go after them Ghostbuster style. Winslow was my favorite character I think, but the best thing about the show was the song as said. I remember hearing the second verse and being shocked such a thing existed.

The nicktoon that finally broke the camel's back for me so to speak was Rocket Power. My God did I hate that show...

22. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Shaunbadia

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    The nicktoon that finally broke the camel's back for me so to speak was Rocket Power. My God did I hate that show...
    Agreed, I never saw much of it, but even at a young age I remember it being overwhelmingly retarded.

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've only seen two episodes (Dog Gone/All You Can't Eat and Shriek Loves Dog/Work Force. But from what I've seen, it looks like a very fun show. I especially liked Shriek Loves Dog, that one was hilarious! I'm bumping this thread only because I'm just getting into this show and think it's pretty underrated. So now you know @Insomnia, you're not the only one.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolerSimpsons View Post
    I've only seen two episodes (Dog Gone/All You Can't Eat and Shriek Loves Dog/Work Force. But from what I've seen, it looks like a very fun show. I especially liked Shriek Loves Dog, that one was hilarious! I'm bumping this thread only because I'm just getting into this show and think it's pretty underrated. So now you know @Insomnia, you're not the only one.
    Here is an episode guide I developed from when the show was initially run on Nickelodeon.

Did you know that five of the episodes were pulled from Nickelodeon for over two years after the 9/11 attacks, mostly because of background scenes? (For example, at the end of "The Lady Is a Shriek," Shriek yells "I'm a girl!" so loud that Earth splits in two - a scene originally used in "War of the CatDog" when Cat and Dog start sawing everything they own in half. Both of these episodes were pulled.)

For some strange reason, when Nicktoons runs the show, it doesn't run the newer episodes. (It's not just limited to CatDog; none of the final season episodes of The Angry Beavers (did you know there's a Muscular Beaver 5?) have aired on Nicktoons either.)

Blog Entries

nicktoons doesn't air either catdog or angry beavers any more and hasn't for a few years now; they now air on teennick aka "the splat"

Thread Information