Page 148 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4898138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152 LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,440 of 4536

Thread: Breaking Bad

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

In crawl space, he says doesn't know the guy, but he could have just meant "know him on a personal level"

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

Yeah, he's done the whole "I know a guy who knows a guy" thing before, so he could just been trying to distance himself
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

So today marks one year since the finale. Also, I got a pretty good deal on the 5a DVD on eBay, so I may still complete the series if the price is right. It's been over a year since I've really watched any if the series, so I may have to marathon it again one of these days

that guy you forgot existed Judge Fudge's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hard to believe it's been a full year already. Wow.

Blog Entries

Listening to baby blue and feeling all nostalgic and sad today....God i'll never get over this show.

Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

Blog Entries

so I just realized something new. I know I've said before that 'Felina' is very similar to 'Salud' with Gus taking a hit of his poison in order to poison everybody, just like Walt had to take a bullet as well. Mike chokes out Gaff, Jesse chokes out Todd........Gus faces Don Eladio while Walt faces Jack......both men responsible for the death of their "brother". etc. etc.

The new thing that never hit me until now though is that in 'Felina' Walt poisons Lydia and gets to have a final chat with her over the phone. It's a scene that comes after all the neo-nazis get shot up to pieces.

With Gus there's a reversal. Long before he wipes out the cartel by poison, he has that phone conversation with Juan Bolsa who is an intricate part of Gus' mission for revenge, which in this case is death by machine gun. Obviously Juan and Lydia are vague in comparison to what they represent to both Walt and Gus, but it's still cool how there seems to be a swap with the poison and machine gun deaths.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wum-boo View Post
    Hard to believe it's been a full year already. Wow.
    Even harder to believe I only just finished this show about two weeks ago. I don't know why it took me this long to start watching the series.
    Season 1: The humble beginnings -- Seasons 2-8: The classic era -- Season 9: The first season where noticeable flaws began to appear -- Season 10: The last decent season -- Season 11: The first BAD season -- Season 12: The last season with episodes worth watching -- Seasons 13-Present: Zombie Simpsons

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If it helps i'm still only on Season 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

Blog Entries

tell me you guys just caught the better call saul song! it was pretty awesome

Blog Entries

I didn't, unfortunately. Hopefully they'll post it on the amc youtube page later.

Blog Entries

I was right.

Well that was odd.

Edit: Oh no. Handsome just thumbed up one of my posts from page 95 of this thread. What's going on.
    Last edited by Swoony; 10-05-2014 at 06:48 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Your avatar is too creepy...

Anyway i wish amc made their videos available for me.
    Edit: nevermind, i managed to unblock the videos.
    Last edited by white light; 10-06-2014 at 04:23 AM.

Blog Entries

stupid blocked video I was totally pumped to hear the theme.

Blog Entries

Oh sorry. I didn't realize it was blocked outside of Canada and the US. I'm sure someone else will upload it without the region blocked settings.

Blog Entries

This image is hilariously perplexing. I have no idea where it's from (definitely not an episode) or why he looks so angry.

Also the bottle almost looks like it says heisenberg (the label is cut off). That was probably intentional.

Blog Entries

This is way too cute. (I hope this embedding works btw)

So, I saw these beauty yesterday while I was walking around the Sony lot. My good god I have missed her. Such good times we had together. The door was locked and I felt really sad that I didn't have the key.

View on Instagram

Blog Entries

Haha, about once a year I see people share links about a supposed sequel to the Big lebowski

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    Lazy Saturday afternoon today, and I had already seen four Simpsons episodes today, so I figured I'd try something different. I'm clearly very late to the party here, but I watched the first two episodes today on Netflix, and it's good stuff. I probably won't get as invested in it as I do Simpsons, because I've never been big on dramas, but it's a very well-written show with great acting and if I can find the time next school year, I might just watch the whole series.

I'll leave the thread now because I'd rather not hear any more spoilers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare on Ell Street View Post
    Yesssss, good man! I hope you love it though I'm sure you will .
    And yeah I would avoid this thread (sorry about that irony) because now that it ended a while ago, a large majority of posts are discussion about everything involved with the show which means lots of spoilers.
    (and then you shall watch SP)
    Originally posted 8/9/2014

Insanity Pepper's thread reminded me of this show. I made it to the end of episode 6 throughout that week (of August), and then school started, so I haven't watched any episodes since then. Which is a shame too, because it seemed like it was just beginning to get interesting. Maybe I'll pick this up once the SAT is over in November (SAT prepping has been eating up most of my time lately).

What I thought of the six episodes I saw? I've never been big on serials, and just reading the plots of some of them is enough to make me turn away, but this is probably the first serial that I've ever legitimately enjoyed (to be fair, I don't approach serials much, but this is still the best). The concept is actually interesting, the acting is seriously good, and there's a lot of tense action scenes interwoven with some more introspective scenes (which admittedly get slow after a while; good thing is, the show never broods over these for too long like some other serials I've seen). Definitely something I'd love to sit down and finish, provided I have the time.

Quick question that kind of determines when I'll be going forward with this: So far in the series, there's been a good stopping point every 2-4 episodes (where I'm not itching to find out what happens next). Does the rest of the show have such stopping points too, or am I going to end up binge-watching whole seasons of this in a day?

Also, a Jeopardy clue spoiled the ending of the whole show for me. (Got the clue right though.)
    Last edited by pilcrow; 10-18-2014 at 02:33 PM.

Blog Entries

when I think of soap operas, I think of general hospital. this is not general hospital.

also it really bums me out when I hear someone got spoiled. we're in a golden age of good serialized television, but it's still really scarce you so have to be careful.

Blog Entries

I've never seen meth cooking in soap operas. I don't think the plots reflect any elements of a soap opera at all. And even if you think they do, the execution couldn't be any different.

The stopping and starting thing really depends on the individual viewer. I personally never had a big break between the show because I was so invested in the characters, plot, and story. I always wanted to know what happens next and couldn't really wait that long to see how things played out. Reading what you've said earlier, you seem to be a person who maybe gets bored with a show and takes a break every so often. I don't think that attests to the quality of the program, but the pace of the individual viewer. Remember that the episodes originally aired a week apart and maybe you just need some breathing room to think about things in the show. That's fine and everyone is different. Whatever pace works best for you. Binge watching isn't for everyone.

Blog Entries

Sorry if I called it a soap opera in my post. I couldn't place the right word ("serial") until after I wrote it, and I thought I had changed all instances of it.

You make a good point about pacing. I'm the kind of person who has to keep on watching if there's an enticing cliffhanger (and all of the season 1 cliffhangers have been really enticing so far), so I was wondering how often the show does that in future episodes. A good stopping point for me would be when there are relatively few loose plot points, like at the end of And the Bag's in the River or Crazy Handful of Nothin' (I watched the first three episodes in one sitting, then the next three episodes in another).

wanna live like common people Elliot76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    Sorry if I called it a soap opera in my post. I couldn't place the right word ("serial") until after I wrote it, and I thought I had changed all instances of it.

You make a good point about pacing. I'm the kind of person who has to keep on watching if there's an enticing cliffhanger (and all of the season 1 cliffhangers have been really enticing so far), so I was wondering how often the show does that in future episodes. A good stopping point for me would be when there are relatively few loose plot points, like at the end of And the Bag's in the River or Crazy Handful of Nothin' (I watched the first three episodes in one sitting, then the next three episodes in another).
    Season 1 is more of an origin story so there's a lot of starts, middles, and conclusions due to many stories involved and getting the whole series started up which is why you're getting that feeling.
    Season 2 still does this but by the end of its latter half, the main chunk of story begins to form and a huge arc starts to begin here too which leads to one long story that will consistently hook you at the end of each episode because there is always a sense of mystery about certain elements and a tense atmosphere which maintains until the finale.
    Seasons 3/4 are like the best drama TV ever that will dig their nails into you and refuse to let go.
    Season 5 is the finale season, through and through, and, well, who can resist that?

I, and most of the people I know, were hooked by around the middle of Season 1 or at the most the first few episodes of Season 2 but if you still are unsure, as you seem to be now, you should definitely keep with it until the definitive story arc begins near the latter half of Season 2 and decide then. The stop/start feel you're experiencing now does fade around Season 2's Middle, but it doesn't go completely, of course, it's still a drama show.
    "Maybe there is no moral. Maybe its just a bunch of stuff that happened."
    - The Simpsons

Blog Entries

I'm not saying the stop-start feeling of season 1 is bad in any way; in fact, it's kind of nice that there are these benches of sorts where there isn't too much going on and I can stop watching for a while before I start again with the next story arc. I was thinking that if the show starts to use cliffhangers in every episode, then I'd have to wait until I'm not very busy (winter break, maybe?) so I can just sit down and watch a large part of the series without a week-long interruption.

So if I'm going to get consistently hooked at the end of each episode by the end of season 2, then this is certainly going to have to wait until after the SAT in November. Sounds promising though.

Beyond the point of no return Xaiv's Avatar
    Blog Entries

http://thealternativeagenda.com/amc-...is-plot-twist/

Anybody else see this? What a load of BS.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I posted a similar link a couple of days ago.

Blog Entries

That site is dedicated to fake news. Nobody should take anything they post seriously.

Tons of people fell for it though, unfortunately.

Oh I wasn't saying the less intense episodes are less good. 4 Days Out is my favourite episode of the series (along with Granite State and ABQ)
     I have kind of a love/hate relationship with Granite State. I think it could've been a better finale if they just left it with Walt slowly dying in the middle of nowhere, sitting on a pile of money that his family wants nothing to do with. The very end wasn't terrible, but it set the stage for the actual finale which I think really missed the mark. Also, I hated most of the jesse parts, because it made literally no sense for the nazis not to kill him just because Todd wanted to fuck Lydia, especially after they found his confession and the fact that they were already loaded 
    Last edited by Sniper Squirrel; 10-19-2014 at 05:50 PM.

29. Thumbs Up To This Post by: box elder

Oh I wasn't saying the less intense episodes are less good. 4 Days Out is my favourite episode of the series (along with Granite State and ABQ)
     I have kind of a love/hate relationship with Granite State. I think it could've been a better finale if they just left it with Walt slowly dying in the middle of nowhere, sitting on a pile of money that his family wants nothing to do with. The very end wasn't terrible, but it set the stage for the actual finale which I think really missed the mark. Also, I hated most of the jesse parts, because it made literally no sense for the nazis not to kill him just because Todd wanted to fuck Lydia, especially after they found his confession and the fact that they were already loaded 
    Last edited by Sniper Squirrel; 10-19-2014 at 05:49 PM.

Blog Entries

Guyssss can we please keep the spoilers minimal here because remember this is a thread about insanity watching the show (and he's on season 1 currently).

Keep the spoilery stuff in the actual bb discussion thread.

Thread Information