Page 45 of 59 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1747

Thread: Futurama General Discussion

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Disco View Post
    I take it you didn't watch the latest season?
    I did watch it

Blog Entries

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Futurama Might Be Revived As An Xbox Exclusive http://www.geek.com/news/futurama-co...usive-1573435/ Could be...interesting. Wouldn't be able to watch them though, but I assume there'd be ways.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Nintendo Dance Party! ManiacalRoboKiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 0101100101 View Post
    Futurama Might Be Revived As An Xbox Exclusive http://www.geek.com/news/futurama-co...usive-1573435/ Could be...interesting. Wouldn't be able to watch them though, but I assume there'd be ways.
    I don't know what's worse Xbox exclusive or another return with more lackluster episodes....anyway the only think I'm feeling right now is this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Flimpson's Dracula View Post
    Like Seth MacFarlane's addiction to creating terrible new shows, Matt Groening has a problem with concluding a show. He needs therapy.

Blog Entries

why not netflix? hell... why at all??

Blog Entries

Xbox!? WHY!?!

I mean, wouldn't it make more sense to release new episodes through a more diverse service like Netflix? After all, I'm sure not every Futurama fan is a gamer. Such a venture just seems like Matt and David would be shooting themselves in the foot. Unless of course, their plan is to make any future DVD sets of Xbox exclusive episodes sell better by making their initial availability much more limited.
    How to remaster

Again, come back when you can make a consistent flow of really good episodes. The ratio of lackluster to well done is astounding for a show I once hailed as the greatest animated series ever made.

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Blog Entries

Well, here's the finalized box art for the complete series DVD set.

At least it's the same style as the current DVD art, but it's really to simple for my liking. Really wished they would've been more creative, at least having a group shot of the crew on it or something to represent the complete series better.

Blog Entries

nah it looks fine

Comedy Central couldn't afford to keep Futurama afloat with 13-episode seasons. If a cable network can't even afford it, then XBOX's budget for a new season of Futurama will be like $6.

Like Seth MacFarlane's addiction to creating terrible new shows, Matt Groening has a problem with concluding a show. He needs therapy.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Flimpson's Dracula View Post
    You just gave me a new signature quote for after Halloween is over! Thank you sir!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    nah it looks fine
    yeah, I like the simplicity of it. having all the characters plastered on the cover would look really hamfisted.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Stupid Idiot View Post
    yeah, I like the simplicity of it. having all the characters plastered on the cover would look really hamfisted.
    Or worse, having a very unimportant character (almost forgettable sometimes) for the cover. Like Ricky. That was his name right, that gay guy or whatever? Or I don't know, why not stick somebody like Smelly Hippie?

I'm pretty happy with this new complete series cover, but why not fix a problem here? Make the first four seasons be on DVD (or Blu-ray, less discs, more features, and closer to the original quality), the rest on Blu-ray. We know that some still want Bender's Big Score and Beast with a Billion Backs on Blu-ray, you know, being HD and all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rat Guts View Post
    Or worse, having a very unimportant character (almost forgettable sometimes) for the cover. Like Ricky. That was his name right, that gay guy or whatever? Or I don't know, why not stick somebody like Smelly Hippie?
    You mean Randy, the guy who occasionally yells quotes in the background and for some reason is treated like a regular recurring character in Overclockwise and Stench and Stenchibility? He's...funny.

I'm fine with the simplistic cover since it does fit in with the style of the other DVD's, but it would've been nice to have seen them do something more complex or interesting to represent the entire series, especially given some of the cool art they've done in the past. Eh, either way, nothing will ever be able to beat the Bender head in terms of a cool DVD package.

Quote Originally Posted by 0101100101 View Post
    You mean Randy, the guy who occasionally yells quotes in the background and for some reason is treated like a regular recurring character in Overclockwise and Stench and Stenchibility? He's...funny.

I'm fine with the simplistic cover since it does fit in with the style of the other DVD's, but it would've been nice to have seen them do something more complex or interesting to represent the entire series, especially given some of the cool art they've done in the past. Eh, either way, nothing will ever be able to beat the Bender head in terms of a cool DVD package.
    Randy, that was it. Yeah he was funny, but a pretty big background character.

That Bender head was awesome. Should have had a body to store the extra discs when they would hit 20 seasons of zombie Futurama.

In the event of another new season of Futurama, who would actually write it? Dan Vebber has already rejoined American Dad, Eric Horsted is executive producer on something called "Bounty Hunters" according to IMDB, Michael Rowe is the new showrunner of "Bob's Burgers" and Josh Weinstein has a bunch of other projects on the go, so would they have to bring in a team of new writers apart from Keeler and Cohen?
    Season 30 Ratings
    Bart's Not Dead C- Heartbreak Hotel ​D My Way or the Highway to Heaven ​D- Treehouse of Horror XXIX ​C- Baby You Can't Drive My Car ​B+ From Russia Without Love ​B- Werking Mom ​C Krusty the Clown ​B Daddicus Finch B+ 'Tis the 30th Season ​D+ Mad About the Toy ​C+ The Girl on the Bus ​C I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can ​C- The Clown Stays in the Picture ​C- 101 Mitigations C+ I Want You (She's So Heavy) ​C E My Sports ​B- Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy ​C- Girl's in the Band ​B- I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say D'oh ​B- D'oh Canada ​C-

Curiouser and curiouser MindQuad's Avatar

Vebber didn't seem to have a problem jumping ship back to Futurama last time...so who knows. On a side note though although Vebber never wrote the best Futurama episodes his AD ones were always stellar, so I'm super excited to have him back there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    In the event of another new season of Futurama, who would actually write it? Dan Vebber has already rejoined American Dad, Eric Horsted is executive producer on something called "Bounty Hunters" according to IMDB, Michael Rowe is the new showrunner of "Bob's Burgers" and Josh Weinstein has a bunch of other projects on the go, so would they have to bring in a team of new writers apart from Keeler and Cohen?
    Bounty Hunters = contender for worst animated show I've ever watched. It's horrible. Maybe worse than Allen Gregory.

Now Michael Rowe on Bob's Burgers, no. I'm not really sure who started that rumor but I'm pretty sure that's not actually true.

Azarath metrion zinthos! Sweet_Potatoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindQuad View Post
    Vebber didn't seem to have a problem jumping ship back to Futurama last time...so who knows. On a side note though although Vebber never wrote the best Futurama episodes his AD ones were always stellar, so I'm super excited to have him back there.
    I'm not familiar with Vebber, which episodes did he write for Futurama and AD?

Blog Entries

he wrote a handful of seasons 1-3 episodes in american dad, all of which are pretty good. in futurama, he wrote all the crappy season 3/4 episodes, and the dumbest revival episodes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rat Guts View Post
    Bounty Hunters = contender for worst animated show I've ever watched. It's horrible. Maybe worse than Allen Gregory.
    I finally watched an episode last night (Season 1, Episode 6. The whole thing happened to be on YouTube and I had nothing better to do) it was like somebody tried to mesh Brickleberry with the Republican Space Rangers cartoon from the Grand Theft Auto games and then to top it all off, threw in that tone of dirty yet safe humour vibe that Crash Canyon had.

Annnnnnd, despite liking all of the above, yeah, "Bounty Hunters" is pretty fucking bad. You know you're show sucks when the only half decent thing about it is the voice of Larry the fucking Cable Guy.

22. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    Annnnnnd, despite liking all of the above, yeah, "Bounty Hunters" is pretty fucking bad. You know you're show sucks when the only half decent thing about it is the voice of Larry the fucking Cable Guy.
    THAT'S a plus? Larry the Cable Guy sucks noodles!

Blog Entries

That's kind of my point. Like, he's really crappy, yet better than anything else in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Skies View Post
    I'm not familiar with Vebber, which episodes did he write for Futurama and AD?
    "Roger Codger", "Not So Desperate Housewives", "The American Dad After School Special", "A.T The Abusive Terrestrial", "Meter Made", and "Escape From Pearl Bailey". Basically all good ones, the last four being straight up gold. He left after production season 3 but is now back for production season 8.

His Futurama credits are not quite as stellar, they include:

"Birdbot of Ice-catraz", "Route Of All Evil", "Love and Rocket", "Obsoletely Fabulous" from the original seasons, and "A Clockwork Origin", "Cold Warriors", "Fun On a Bun", "Mobius Dick", "Theif of Baghead" and "The Inhuman Torch" from the revival years.

Not crazy about any of those tbh. He also wrote "The Zeppo", one of the best Buffy episodes, and "The Book Job", a fairly decent Simpsons episode from the past few years. His best work has definitely been on AD though, which is why I was annoyed he left to go back to Futurama, where he'd probably still be if the show didn't end. I hope we get an episode or two credited to him this year, and I hope very least he's on the actual writing staff (I assume he is, but all I know is he's getting co-executive producer credits).

Ah, I remember liking all those Futurama episodes besides Thief of Baghead, which wasn't bad but wasn't great. And I haven't seen The Inhuman Torch. But I've liked most of revival Futurama unlike the NHC, so in my eyes he's a pretty solid writer all around.

Blog Entries

Besides Obsolutely Fabulous and Thief of Baghead, his Futurama episodes have all been pretty great actually, especially Birdbot of Ice Catraz, Fun on a Bun, and Möbius Dick. Glad he's back on American Dad again, though his Futurama episodes have been pretty consistently good, especially in the CC run.

I do like "Birdbot", though I don't think it's the classic I've heard people call it, and "Route Of All Evil" is enjoyable (great subplot). Apart from that I've only seen the later episodes he did once and none really stuck out to me..."Mobius Dick" and "Fun On A Bun" are probably the highlights. Maybe "Cold Warriors" was good too, I don't remember it though.

Blog Entries

"Here they come, oh I hope they read my sign!" is a top 10 line.

Blog Entries

"Roger Codger", "Not So Desperate Housewives", "The American Dad After School Special", "A.T The Abusive Terrestrial", "Meter Made", and "Escape From Pearl Bailey". Basically all good ones, the last four being straight up gold. He left after production season 3 but is now back for production season 8.

"Birdbot of Ice-catraz", "Route Of All Evil", "Love and Rocket", "Obsoletely Fabulous" from the original seasons, and "A Clockwork Origin", "Cold Warriors", "Fun On a Bun", "Mobius Dick", "Theif of Baghead" and "The Inhuman Torch" from the revival years.

"The Book Job", a fairly decent Simpsons episode from the past few years.
    I like every episode he's written for all the shows except the Inhuman Torch. That episode just sucked plain ass. The Book Job is one of the better latter day Simpsons episodes for sure. I REALLY enjoy that one. His American Dad episodes are funnier and some of the best episodes of the series and while his Futurama episodes ARE great they aren't nowhere near best of the series material.

Azarath metrion zinthos! Sweet_Potatoes's Avatar

Not crazy about any of those tbh. He also wrote "The Zeppo", one of the best Buffy episodes, and "The Book Job", a fairly decent Simpsons episode from the past few years. His best work has definitely been on AD though, which is why I was annoyed he left to go back to Futurama, where he'd probably still be if the show didn't end. I hope we get an episode or two credited to him this year, and I hope very least he's on the actual writing staff (I assume he is, but all I know is he's getting co-executive producer credits).
    Other than "The Inhuman Torch" I like all of those. I do think his AD ones are better though. I hope he writes some really great episodes this season!

Thread Information