Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Futurama General Discussion

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Fry "shreck'd" the toilet...haha.
    "Need more butter and not the unsalted kind!"- Homer talking to Smithers while trying to get a trophy off Homer's head

I'm just like Homer!
    I'm Homer, who are you? by The No Homers Club

Blog Entries

PANTS FULL OF SHAME

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mozy View Post
    LESS THAN ONE HOUR TO THE NEW FUTURAMA!
    Stole my little cig picture, eh Mozy?

Anyway, I really enjoyed the double season opener.....and here's another promo pic! This one from, "The Butterjunk Effect"
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

Ugh, a muscle buildup story?

Blog Entries

Ok, here's some more info.

The episode "Free Will Hunting" will see the crew revisit the robot home world from the Season 1 episode "Fear of a bot planet".

Blog Entries

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh? I see they renamed Benderazzi....I wonder if it can match Homerazzi...

Formerly known as E.A. Moz

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    Oh? I see they renamed Benderazzi....I wonder if it can match Homerazzi...
    Good catch!

Are you talking about The Thief of Baghead? I've been seeing that title on the countdown to Futurama blog for a while now.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

Blog Entries

There was a David Cohen interview from around a year ago I think where it was called Benderazzi. I can't recall for sure so I could be wrong.

EDIT: A post of mine in this thread from last July has me give it the name Benderazzi since he compared it to Homerazzi but that was never the episode's actual name. Guess I just forgot though...

These puns have been pretty forced lately and they don't even rhyme or fit in smoothly - The Bots and the Bees? Yo Leela Leela? Tip of the Zoidberg? Law and Oracle? The Silence of the Clamps? But I've gotta say Thief of Baghead is much better than Benderazzi. Acting like "Papa" is interchangeable with the word "Bender" and thus a clever episode title is just...no.

Blog Entries

So....."The Thief of Baghead" tonight....anyone looking forward to it?

Formerly known as E.A. Moz

YES! I'll have to watch it later on my DVR though.

Blog Entries

I missed last week's because I forgot, but I'll try and remember tonight. Can't say from the premise that I'm expecting too much though...

Blog Entries

There are two more episode titles floating around the web for next summers run but....not sure if actual names or just Wikipedia troll.

"Leela and the Genestalk" and "Calculon 2.0"

Like I said, dunno if these are genuine...but given that we've had several other episode titles confirmed for next year, I wouldn't be surprised.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Flimpsons View Post
    These puns have been pretty forced lately and they don't even rhyme or fit in smoothly - The Bots and the Bees? Yo Leela Leela? Tip of the Zoidberg? Law and Oracle? The Silence of the Clamps? But I've gotta say Thief of Baghead is much better than Benderazzi. Acting like "Papa" is interchangeable with the word "Bender" and thus a clever episode title is just...no.
    I prefer Benderazzi honestly, but I don't know what Thief of Baghead as a title is a pun of so...

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Ah, makes sense I guess...

I just assumed it was a play on "The Thief of Baghdad" without knowing exactly what that movie? was. Maybe an even better written pun than oral pun - all you're changing is a d to an e.

Maybe Calculon 2.0 is based on  Calculon's death in "Baghead" tonight. I liked how they didn't automatically reverse it for status quo, especially because I could deal with never seeing Calculon again because he's not terribly interesting. Maybe they'll maintain a little continuity with him being dead until whatever this 2.0 situation arises. That is, if the title is legitimate. 

Blog Entries

LIKE KING SOLOMON, I HAVE CUT THE THREAD IN HALF

which I should have done a long time ago, sorry

@Shaunbadia now has the power to edit the first post

the old thread's here if you're wondering

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    @Shaunbadia now has the power to edit the first post
    I HAVE THE POWER!

Also, given Calculon's death in "Baghead", I'm willing to guess the 2.0 thing is legit.

22. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Dark Homer

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I guess we could start some Season 7B speculation since we have some information for now.
    Heres the currently known titles for the season:
    Assie Come Home
    Break on through to the Mother Side
    Calculon 2.0
    Forty Percent Leadbelly
    Fry and Leela's Big Fling
    Leela and the Genestalk
    Meanwhile
    Murder on the Planet Express
    Stench and Stenchibility
    T.: The Terrestrial
    2-D Blacktop (episode 15)
    The Inhuman Torch (episode 18)
    Saturday Mouring Fun Pit (episode 26)

We also know we're gonna see Lrrr's son debut, an episode around Scuffy, returns of Dr. Banjo and Gunther, the status of Mars, the 3 part episode with 80's animation, and possibly Möbius strip clubs.

And here's a tweet I found on Peelified. "#Futurama @slurmed There's going to be a Nibllonian episode, and an Epic Fry and Leela episode, but the two are not necessarily related!"
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by 1010011010 View Post
    We also know we're gonna see Lrrr's son debut,
    it can work if they do it well

an episode around Scuffy,
    Why?

returns of Dr. Banjo and Gunther,
    A episode about genius monkeys?

the status of Mars,
    I don't care about this but I am glad the writers have respect for the continuity

the 3 part episode with 80's animation,
    Sound great, I love old animation

and possibly Möbius strip clubs.
    What?

And here's a tweet I found on Peelified. "#Futurama @slurmed There's going to be a Nibllonian episode, and an Epic Fry and Leela episode, but the two are not necessarily related!"
    waiting for the Fry and leela episode!
    Soon Season 31

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They are going to overkill Scruffy if they keep using him that much. Simmilar thing with the Hypno-Toad.

I guess it's kind of unavoidable, though. In a long series it may difficult to keep using cast characters in small doses forever. Although it happened with Hans Moleman in The Simpsons, for example. I'm actually undecided whether I liked Lenny and Carl better in small doses or when they took Barney's place as Homer's best friends.

And I know it's and old discussion but I'm fine with the titles. Some of the puns are a little forced but most of them are better than the ones in Simpsons modern era. At least they are not extremely long titles like "I Don't Wanna Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" or repetitions of the same puns to a point that it's difficult to remember which episode is which.

Also, I don't think any new title has been more forced than "The Bird-Bot Of Ice-Catraz" , so it's not totally a new thing.
    My Simpsons homage!

http://elblogderg.blogspot.com

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Blog Entries

Got Volume 7 just today. Here's some information from the commentaries and collections thanks to Peelified.

Calculon will have a one man show next season.
    Floyd Farnsworth and Ben may appear if more episodes get ordered.
    Mars was fixed with rocket boosters (probably by the Wongs), but it was cut for time.
    Most season 7A scripts ran 20 to 30 pages longer than T.V. time allows for, so tons of good stuff got cut from every show.
    Bender will again brush his ass with Fry's toothbrush.. but instead Fry actually notices. Leading to something wacky.
    "Leela and the Genestalk" will reveal why Munda had arms in season 2 and tenticles in season 4.
    Also if you enjoyed Zoidberg's dumpster scenes in 7ACV12, then you'll love 7ACV25.. the dumpster sounds pivotal in some way.
    Calculon's grave was taken out of a shot in 7ACV07 b/c of an contitunity issue with his grave in "Calculon 2.0" so the name on the stone was changed to Roomba.

Crave online quotes from interview with David X. Cohen:

David X. Cohen: The fing-longer is coming back. You will be ecstatic to hear, again summer 2013, we have an episode called “The Inhuman Torch” where Bender becomes a heroic fire fighter. The professor will be using his fing-longer, which originally if you remember, it was just a crazy dream the professor had that someday he would create this invention, the fing-longer. But it exists now and it will be back next summer in real life. By real life I mean in the cartoon “Futurama.”

Saturday Morning Fun Pit: The third one is a military themed show. I’m just going to tell you the names of the three things. That will probably give it to you right there. The first one’s called “Bendy-Boo and the Mystery Crew.” The second one is called “Purpleberry Pond” and the third one is called “G.I. Zap.” So there you go. That title is worth 1000 words.

David X. Cohen: Next year is a strong crop of episodes. Speaking of technology I should say, we have an episode written by one of our science background writers, Ken Keeler, that is inspired by 3D printing technology. We had a 3D printer around the office for this whole year and we were printing little plastic gizmos. It was running basically all the time producing this crowd of toxic plastic smoke so if anyone asks where we get our ideas now I say from the toxic plastic fog.

It actually was consuming so much of our time that Ken Keeler went and wrote an episode about it so there is another new technology inspiring an episode. We’ve got a big, epic, huge Fry and Leila episode that I mentioned that spans many years and much romance and a lot of crazy sci-fi stuff too that’s number 26.

Blog Entries

^There's little in the above post that I didn't like. Though I hope "The Inhuman Torch" isn't like your standard "Homer gets a new job" episode of The Simpsons. Oh, and I could give less of a crap about "Purpleberry Pond" which I assume is a Huckleberry Hound parody...I just never really watched that show.

29. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1010011010 View Post
    "Leela and the Genestalk" will reveal why Munda had arms in season 2 and tenticles in season 4.
    ugh, I hate when shows/comics/whatever do things just to explain pointless continuity errors

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure the Purpleberry Pond segment was called by one of the writers as a parody of Strawberry Shortcake, but even then I'm not so sure of it. For Leela and the Genestalk, Its probably about Leela becoming more mutant as she gets older and might get tentacles too, instead of completely being for the sake of continuity errors.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I wrote most of that over at PEEL.

It's all lies.

Anyway "Genestalk" started out as an an original idea and Verone noticed that it would just so happen to explain continuity errors, those being Munda's radical arm change in early shows.

It sounded genius!
    Last edited by The Angry Animated Comedy Nerd; 12-21-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Blog Entries

Fox Fast posted the Production order and episode titles for 7B. They might change later or be wrong, but they have been right on other shows Production Codes before, so here you go.

7ACV14 - Forty Percent Leadbelly
    7ACV15 - 2-D Blacktop
    7ACV16 - T.: The Terrestrial
    7ACV17 - Fry And Leela's Big Fling
    7ACV18 - The Inhuman Torch
    7ACV19 - Saturday Morning Fun Pit
    7ACV20 - Calculon 2.0
    7ACV21 - Assie Come Home
    7ACV22 - Leela And The Genestalk
    7ACV23 - Game Of Tones
    7ACV24 - Murder On The Planet Express
    7ACV25 - Stench And Stenchibility
    7ACV26 - Meanwhile

If this is actually correct, then I'm pretty sure Game of Tones replaced the titles Break Through the Mother Side and Amarutuf, though I'm suspecting it will change because Saturday Morning Fun Pit is for some reason episode 19 when the 3 parters have always aired as the finale episodes for each of the half seasons and I think one of the writers said it was the last episode at Comic Con. Though I do like the idea of a 2 parter for the Season finale.

And for a heads up, Comedy Central is renewing it's shows this month, so everyone please pray that Futurama's renewed for another Season and get the Volume 7 DVD if you haven't. I'd really like to see at least 1 more Season on Comedy Central before having it finally die.

Thread Information