Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1747

Thread: Futurama General Discussion

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

I think Futurama, rather than go down as a classic, will remain a cult followed show for the rest of its days. Mostly because there was such a difference between episodes sci-fi and general internet fans loved, and episodes regular humans loved. Everyone I know in real life LOVES Attack of the Killer App.
    Current Season Rankings: 6 > 3 > 8 > 4 > 7 > 10 > 5 > 2 > 9 > 11 > 13 > 1 > 12 > 15 > 24 > 14 > 20 > 22 > 17 > 19 > 23 > 18 > 21 > 16

Blog Entries

it's alright. never got the extreme hate of it

Curiouser and curiouser MindQuad's Avatar

Yeah, I don't think it's any worse than a lot of the episode of the past two seasons. It's got some awful gags for sure, but it's got some good stuff too. I think people hated it because it kinda solidified the style of new Futurama.

Nintendo Dance Party! ManiacalRoboKiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Attack of the Killer App was "meh" sorry not just because it "solidified the style of new Futurama" but because it just wasn't that funny and the Susan Boyle gag had to be like the worst gag the show has ever done. Whoever came up with that gag should have been fired on the spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Flimpson's Dracula View Post
    Like Seth MacFarlane's addiction to creating terrible new shows, Matt Groening has a problem with concluding a show. He needs therapy.

I just think at the time it was the worst thing they had done, largely because it didn't feel like classic Futurama anymore. And since it was only the third ep of the CC-run, people expected a lot more and thus reacted negatively to it. There's been plenty of worse episodes, but I think they didn't get as negative a reaction cause people more or less expected it. It's not a good episode, but it's nowhere near the worst (Susan Boil aside, which is terrible).

Blog Entries

i was just about to ask whether or not the killer app episode had the Susan Boil thing.

low point of the show, but the rest of the episode's alright imo

Blog Entries

Yeah there are FAR worse episodes like Yo Leela Leela, Leela & the Genestalk, 40 Percent Leadbelly, Holiday Spectacular, Naturama, Saturday Morning Fun Pit, etc. (all of which are worst of series material)

Blog Entries

only seen Yo Leela Leela and Holiday Spectacular out of those

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skylark Jones View Post
    only seen Yo Leela Leela and Holiday Spectacular out of those
    Aren't you lucky then?

Never seen Holiday Spectacular. I'm almost afraid to. Naturama is still probably my worst episode. It's stupid,, not funny, and has absolutely no reason being a Futurama episode. Like seriously...why does that exist?

I'm about to rewatch Attack of the Killer App, it's been a few years. Let's see if it's any better than I recall.

Blog Entries

my friend{y'all know who...} said Naturama was pretty good

Blog Entries

it's not

Blog Entries

i haven't seen it and am in no hurry to

Azarath metrion zinthos! Sweet_Potatoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacalRoboKiller View Post
    @Sunny_Skies what is your opinion on this?
    Pretty Little Liars isn't typical soapy teen trash, it's actually got more to its plot than girls crying because a boy dumped them. (Actually, relationships tend to last on this show.) I'd say Futurama's ratings are lower because it's been around for so long and isn't as good as it used to be, whereas PLL is in it's 4th season. Although some viewers (including myself) think the plot is being dragged out, we tune in due to the mystery - we want to see what the final puzzle turns out to be, whether it's frustrating to watch or not. Futurama may be in it's last season, but it's old and only has the finale to keep people tuned in. PLL has at least a little more going for it right now...

Azarath metrion zinthos! Sweet_Potatoes's Avatar

So I started watching Futurama from start to finish, and I got caught up in time to watch Murder on Planet Express when it premiered. I LOVED the classic seasons, still thought Season 6 was good, 7 was kind of meh, particularly 7B. I don't think this season has really been written as a final one, it feels thrown together because the writers can't think of what else to do. But the end of Stench and Stenchibility was definitely written with the time frame in mind.....if it had aired in an earlier season, I don't think it would have had such a happy ending.

I'm glad I got to see this show before it ended, even if it was during the final stretch. I don't have much else to say about it though, seeing as how I only got into it a year ago I don't think I'm qualified to say much besides my least favorite episodes, which are: Naturama, Saturday Morning Fun Pit, Yo Leela Leela, Leela and the Genestalk, and Decision 3012 (mainly due to the fact that I saw it long after the election.)

I remember watching the first four seasons and catching up to Bender's Big Score. So much nostalgia. In a weird way, that was the first "bad" show I openly talked about watching. Nowadays I don't give much of a shit about what shows I watch, but Futurama will have a place in my TV watching heart forever. Even if season seven had some really weak episodes, in both A and B. Season six had some bad ones too. But at least it was only two seasons where it was a mixed bag. It wasn't two seasons of complete awful.

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Picture from the wedding. Warning, if you don't want to see what it looks like yet, don't click the link.

http://i.imgur.com/JBrWqHE.jpg
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

can't wait

Blog Entries

ooh the space pope!

Blog Entries

I clicked it and don't regret doing so.
    How to remaster

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Looks good...

So I watched "Attack Of The Killer App", and actually I think it's pretty decent. It would actually be one of the best episodes of this season to be honest, at least joke-wise. The first act in particular has plenty of solid gags, and it only loses a way a little with the Susan Boil and the two-headed goat diarrhea/vomit. And the whole Mom scheme feels a little tacked on, but even that is almost worth it for the ending gag.

I give it a solid B.

"Modern Simpsons" defender simpsonsbart's Avatar

Oh my god, I think they have showed us the end:   Fry, who can't bear living with the frozen time, commits suicide by falling from the top of the Planet Express building. 

If you don't understand why I say that, watch the second broadcasting trailer.
    Last edited by simpsonsbart; 08-31-2013 at 09:57 AM.

Blog Entries

no shit guy

Blog Entries

i think that's an act break

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

From what I can tell from the 7b trailer and promo clips,  Fry breaks the button in his fall, causing time to be frozen. 

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Disco View Post
    no shit guy
    SimpsonsBart is a girl. Why she doesn't have the lipz thing is beyond me..

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

Simpsonsbart is a girl?

Great! I needed more females to cast in the casting thread.
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

I tried watching a new episode the Simpsons, but I realized the show hit a new low, like a brand new, underground parking structure of sadness.

Blog Entries

The day they will jump the shark, only land into another sharks mouth.
    A sad day indeed.

Blog Entries

so genuinely excited for Wednesday

not really sad to see it go, but really excited to watch it leave. I'm hardly expecting anything near "Devil Hands" levels of brilliance, but I have a really good feeling about this send-off from what I've seen.

Thread Information