Page 9 of 149 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pokémon Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Only shiny pokemon I ever encountered in the wild was a Tentacool on my Heart Gold a year and a half ago when I still had that game. I caught it without any hassle but never used it.

As a youngster I must've played through the original Gold and Silver at least 5 times each....and never even saw one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
    I like how people complain about the ugly designs of Pokémon in later generations when in Generation I we had this:

http://www.nohomers.net/showthread.p...=1#post2957377

at the other side of reality cinco's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    Only shiny pokemon I ever encountered in the wild was a Tentacool on my Heart Gold a year and a half ago when I still had that game. I caught it without any hassle but never used it.

As a youngster I must've played through the original Gold and Silver at least 5 times each....and never even saw one.
    Yeah, it's also the first time I encountered a shiny and I played throughout ruby, sapphire, firered, red, pearl and white.

Executive Vice President Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've played all the games from Gen III on and still never encountered a shiny...
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Blog Entries

Imagine the poor shmuck whose only shiny enounter was a voltorb or growlithe that used self-destruct or roar...

Blog Entries

Only shiny I've ever encountered was a shiny Geodude.

I admit though, a shiny Ekans/Arbok would make me jizz.

Blog Entries

I've only encountered one shiny : a Lunatone.

Blog Entries

A shiny trainer needs to exist so I can capture it. Shiny Sabrina please.

Also this sounds like a perfect theme for Gary Motherfucking Oak...

Last edited by Dobbie; 06-30-2012 at 01:50 PM.

on a trip to squaresville Prune Tracy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My one encounter with a shiny taught me to ALWAYS carry Poké Balls around with me. -.-

But I did once get a Tentacool with Pokérus, which was pretty cool.

Blog Entries

Ah pokerus, I forgot it even existed. A random guy over at serebii gave me a pokemon with it once years ago. Was a pretty cool gesture.

Blog Entries

Black and White 2...I'm not playing through an entire game to face the Kanto gym leaders I'm afraid.

Blog Entries

I really wish people would stop saying the newer games suck they dont suck its the same premise as before just with a new facelift, if u like the previous games youll like the newer ones because its almost the exact same fucking game!! Ive played all of them and each one adds new fun things and every one in a while new pokemon each game is really fun. And I am looking forward to Black and white 2, I just wish I had a DS

Blog Entries

No thanks.

Like you said, 'it's the same fucking game...except for some new features!' I lost interest in the new Pokemon games after Hoenn (I never completed Sapphire either). Eventually the same formula gets boring and besides I think they have way too much Pokemon, attacks and types today. 700 Pokemon is simply too much. I enjoy replaying FireRed/Leaf Green because I set new challenges for myself with a familiar environment, Pokemon and whatnot. If I played Black or White I wouldn't know 60% of the Pokemon, which isn't ideal and I'm not interested in knowing considering how ugly they look.

I was interested in the BW sequels, but I'm not playing through a new game just to face the Kanto gym leaders again. It's simply too much money for a game and an handheld that I do not own and won't like.

I'm curious to know how the Kanto gym leaders will look in the new game but that's it. Soul Silver sounds like a fun game (since I know every Pokemon and trainer thanks to my Crystal days!) but I don't have a DS. Bummer!
    Last edited by Dobbie; 06-30-2012 at 08:03 PM.

Blog Entries

I found a shiny lotad at the start of saphire but I had no pokeballs at the time.

I found a shiny odish but that was back when I didn't know about shiny pokemon and I though it was a game glitch so I didn't catch it.

at the other side of reality cinco's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Imagine the poor shmuck whose only shiny enounter was a voltorb or growlithe that used self-destruct or roar...
    I met that shiny Hoothoot in a safari environment. Not the best place to meet a shiny, Luckily I could catch it before it fled.

----------------------------------------------

I wasn't aware of pokerus and never met a pokemon having it.

----------------------------------------------

So if a shiny evolves, does it stay shiny?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cinco View Post
    So if a shiny evolves, does it stay shiny?
    Yes evolutions of shiny pokemon are also shiny.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Black View Post
    it's like a foreign language

sorry, i'll close the door on the way out
    Quick, someone give that man a Pokemon game!

Quote Originally Posted by cinco View Post
    ^.

One of my annoyances in Pokemon: the HMs.
    Really, moves forced upon you because otherwise you can't move throughout the environment (cut, rock smash, strength...) is so tedious.
    You have 24 moves available in total for a complete team.
    Wasting some of those move-slots to use the HMs is a mistake in the overall game design imo.
    I can live with dive, fly and surf though.
    Yeah HMs are a pain, especially the awful moves (Cut and Rock Smash - I don't think Strenght is that bad of a move to have depending on which Pokemon you are using!). It's why you need a HM slave, in my current save my lv.3 Rattata was taught Flash and never used again after Rock Tunnel. I taught my Nidoqueen (which I do not use anymore) Cut and Rock Smash as it started to lose importance for me near the end.

I don't understand why some normal moves can't be used instead. Why can't Slash cut trees? Why can't psychic attacks move/smash boulders?

I was actually thinking about this on my way home last night after getting White. You could argue, easily as you have, that ash only deserves 2 of those badges, 3 at the most.
    Koga and Team Rocket, yeah. Maybe Misty and Surge at a push, otherwise he was outclassed and very lucky!

Blog Entries

I remember Flash was just the absolute worst. It was an inaccurate accuracy-lowering move. It's much better to just navigate through the cave in RSE without it (and then come back much later to whup Brawly's ass :P).

Blog Entries

Flash as a HM is terrible. You only use it once for a tunnel or whatever then you don't need it ever again and in battle there's better accuracy-decreasing alternatives (Sand-Attack for example)

Blog Entries

Yeah, thank God for the Move Deleter...

Blog Entries

Heh, I hated Flash so much as a kid I memorized Rock Tunnel so I wouldn't use it. There were no move deleter's back then.

I think Flash actually has been downgraded to a TM now though thankfully.

Blog Entries

Heh, I hated Flash so much as a kid I memorized Rock Tunnel so I wouldn't use it. There were no move deleter's back then.

I think Flash actually has been downgraded to a TM now though thankfully.
    If you mean't Red/Blue that's possible, although the items was the most annoying aspect of that generation by far. In Leaf/Fire there's a move deleter in Fuschia!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbie View Post
    If you mean't Red/Blue that's possible, although the items was the most annoying aspect of that generation by far. In Leaf/Fire there's a move deleter in Fuschia!
    I never played Gen. I. What was wrong with the items?

Blog Entries

Oh god, in Yellow every thing was in the same bag and it had a very strict limit. You pretty much had to toss/store items all the time to make room!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbie View Post
    Yep, I go WAY back. I'd play my Blue Version on the bus to school(it was a 40 minute ride) each day and can vividly recall navigating Rock Tunnel in the dark by memory...

Blog Entries

I couldn't do that, but back then we were young and had no idea about the HM Slave!

Although for some reason the games are easier when you're younger!

Blog Entries

It depends. I think the old games are much easier now, playing them as an adult, but the new ones do seem harder than the old ones from childhood. Maybe my ability simply dwindled with age. There was a good 5 year period from around 2001 through 2006 or 7 where I never played pokemon too so...

Blog Entries

I remember the very first time I played Pokemon (Ruby), I didn't see the little exit that led to Petalburg City, so I just kept going back and forth down the routes, from Littleroot to Oldale and Route 102. I kept going like that for about half an hour until a friend found that exit for me.

Blog Entries

^Don't be too hard on yourself, I remember missing the "IN MY BAG THERE'S A POKE BALL" at the beginning and I kept running over to the Professor to help him instead of going to the bag. :P

Blog Entries

There needs to be a Pokemon Yellow remake, except make it EXACTLY like the anime!

I want Brock to follow me with his frying pan, and Misty to kick at Psyduck. I sense a new battle-type coming...

Thread Information