Page 54 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 4463

Thread: The Pokémon Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I very nearly completed HeartGold without cheating before I sold it. I had only several normal pokemon missing that I was too lazy to evolve, so no I can't agree that cheating is necessary.

Blog Entries

It helps.

Especially when you have to catch 700 of the fuckers and put them inside a box forever

Blog Entries

I just wouldn't be able to enjoy it if I did it like that though, personally.

Blog Entries

I'd only do it for the trade-only Pokemon.

Stupid evolution system that needs a back-up solution.

Hired Goon

Well there is quite literally no other way to obtain the 13 event-only Pokemon than cheating. Unless you trade with someone who has cheated. Or, someone who has managed to get those Pokemon from the events, which is extremely unlikely.

Hired Goon

With all that being said, I have not cheated since my Red/Blue days. And probably won't ever.

Blog Entries

I got most of them through events back in the day, but some like Arceus I simply traded with someone who had it and back, though I guess they did cheat. Well fine then, I guess cheating is fine for those special cases then. But fuck now I feel shitty about myself....well shittier anyway...

Hired Goon

You should

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    I got most of them through events back in the day, but some like Arceus I simply traded with someone who had it and back, though I guess they did cheat. Well fine then, I guess cheating is fine for those special cases then. But fuck now I feel shitty about myself....well shittier anyway...
    When there's 700 of them, I think you can do some cheating.

Blog Entries

now I'm getting enraged, why would Pokemon do that anyway? buncha motherfuckers

no cheating except when bullshit legends are involved!

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like how despite GameFreak making an event key item in the Sinnoh games to get Arceus, they never released it to the public and just let the event completely die.

I've pretty much given up on ever catching every Pokémon in the game ever Generation. Sometimes I'll try to catch everything possible in the game, but usually I'll get bored or just transfer everything from my previous games. Honestly, the Starter and Event Legendary Pokémon are going to be a living hell for anyone trying to catch them all as a new trainer,
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

That's why life was better in Gen.1, when you could actually catch them all!

Blog Entries

Is anyone going to get pokemon X or Y?

Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Knifey_Spoony View Post
    Is anyone going to get pokemon X or Y?
    nice Konata avatar...oh, and yes I assume...

R.I.P. Futurama 1999-2013 Professorfrink's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hey im new to this thread and im wondering what to do

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Um...you post about Pokémon and...um...do you play the Pokémon games and such?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    nice Konata avatar...oh, and yes I assume...
    Thank you. And ok. I heard they're putting all of the older Pokemon in it too.

R.I.P. Futurama 1999-2013 Professorfrink's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1010011010 View Post
    Um...you post about Pokémon and...um...do you play the Pokémon games and such?
    sometimes but im not a diehard fan

Blog Entries

Well that's a start.

Blog Entries

In twin battles, why can my Venasaur attack both of them, but my Clefairy only lets it attack one?

Blog Entries

some attacks attack both opponents at once, some attack all three pokemon like surf

Blog Entries

Something awesome just happened

I was facing Koga, and his Muk was trolling me with his rising evasiness bullshit. That happened to kill all of my Pokemon...that is, everyone except my HM Slave Nidoqueen!

That Nidoquee literally tore his Muk, 2nd Koffing and Weezing a new asshole. Thanks to the HM Slave, I have won the fifth badge.

Blog Entries

Fifth already? I'm gonna go back to vermillion, grab that vs thing and train up another Pokemon again. Trying to get my Venasaur and Clefairy both up to level 40, too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbie View Post
    Something awesome just happened

I was facing Koga, and his Muk was trolling me with his rising evasiness bullshit. That happened to kill all of my Pokemon...that is, everyone except my HM Slave Nidoqueen!

That Nidoquee literally tore his Muk, 2nd Koffing and Weezing a new asshole. Thanks to the HM Slave, I have won the fifth badge.
    such a waste to use Nidoqueen as an hm slave

Blog Entries

I don't need it, and it can learn all the useful HMs so eh it's not exactly a bad choice. Not to mention it can actually have use in battle in desperate times.

@Diversity Pumpkin: And yes, I'm currently in Saffron City and gonna go through that annoying SIlph Co maze. My team currently consists of Blastoise lv. 38, Raichu lv. 38, Weepinbell, lv.37, Ninetales lv.36 and Snorlax lv.35. I'll do some grinding again once I get Aerodactyl and do it before I face Blaine in Cinnabar Island.

Blog Entries

Defeated Sabrina. On the way to Cinnabar, and then begin never-ending leveling up madness for Aerodactyl!

I avoided Cycling Road for him so the bastard better be worth it!

lv.41 Ninetales, lv.41 Raichu, lv.41 Weepinbell, lv.41 Snorlax and a lv.40 Blastoise. Weepinbell will be evolved into Victreebel at lv.42 after it learns Razor Leaf!

Banned
    Blog Entries

I did the Rocket Game Corner earlier (the tile maze is much less tedious than it is in Gen I), and now I'm in the Pokemon Tower. Bearing in mind that I am yet to fight Erika, my team is:

Lv. 34 Blastoise
    Lv. 34 Pidgeot
    Lv. 34 Victreebel
    Lv. 34 Jolteon

I evolved Weepinbell too early and so I missed out on Razor Leaf, but I've got Bullet Seed which isn't that bad, and I will be getting the Giga Drain TM when I beat Erika as well (I'll use a few PP Ups on it).

Getting carried away on you Venomrabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I had a childhood. Just retrospectively, it probably would have been even better if it was playtested... no really, before RSE they couldn't get a beta testing team. I don't mean for Missingno and those you actively had to go out of you way to activate but the way typing worked could have been better. Like maybe making ghost a special type, giving it a more powerful move and actually letting it affect psychic types which it was supposedly super effective against and yet... didn't affect at all. Basically what they did by gold/silver time except the physical to special bit. Maybe give dragon some actual attacks too.

Now, those little bug fixes, combined with pokemon yellow but still giving you a choice over starter pokemon? That would have been close enough to perfect.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I just defeated Erika with my newly evolved Pidgeot, and, of course, it was really easy. Now I've skipped ahead to the Fighting Dojo to get my next team member (Hitmonlee), and then I'll do the Cycling Road and Route 12, before heading back to Saffron again to do Silph Co.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomrabbit View Post
    Now, those little bug fixes, combined with pokemon yellow but still giving you a choice over starter pokemon? That would have been close enough to perfect.
    But one of Gen I charms is that it's full of glitches. Wanna use a Missingno? You can do that easily. Wanna get unlimited Master Balls and Rare Candies? You can do that in a flash. Wanna catch a Mew? You can do that easily too. But if Psychic wasn't as dominant in Gen I, it would have been a very different game back then.

Getting carried away on you Venomrabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Nth Doctor View Post
    But one of Gen I charms is that it's full of glitches. Wanna use a Missingno? You can do that easily. Wanna get unlimited Master Balls and Rare Candies? You can do that in a flash. Wanna catch a Mew? You can do that easily too. But if Psychic wasn't as dominant in Gen I, it would have been a very different game back then.
    Like I said, it oughta keep in the ones you have to go out of your way for (missingno included) but I mean fixing stuff like types and that which you mentioned.

Also, probably personal bias but I kinda wish they'd made Golbat's blue sprite it's official design. I never thought a game boy game would have been scary until I encountered a glitch one on cinnabar at about level 187. That's pretty freaky.

Thread Information