Page 149 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4999139140141142143144145146147148149
Results 4,441 to 4,459 of 4459

Thread: The Pokémon Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Finished Pokemon Sun. Almost done with all the post-game content. Finished all the missions, just gotta sweep through the legendaries.

Really solid game overall, probably about as good as the Black/White games. Definitely a step up from X/Y. The story was pretty well done, for a Pokemon game... They didn't get super deep into any of the themes, as expected, but there were a few twists and turns along the way and a decent amount of intrigue. Some of the plot stuff was a little predictable, but I appreciate that they at least tried to shake things up. Some of the minor characters' motivations don't make much sense and it's not really interested in delving into their relationships in any meaningful way. The dynamics are interesting but are way underdeveloped. The trial system and the lack of gyms were a welcome change for me. It was nice to see them mix things up a little more and not just slavishly stick to their formula. I remember Black 2 got forced into trying to make a late Water Gym interesting and kinda fell on its face, The trials and boss Pokemon were a nice change up, but I wonder if they could've gone farther in playing around with the formula. I dunno, after the first couple, they kinda fell into patterns again halfway in.

The linearity of the game kinda sucks, though. That's easily the worst thing about it. Game Freak seems to be terrified that younger players will stray from the past and get confused, and it hurts the game design for experienced players. The first island and a half is pretty boring in general.

The new Pokemon are generally great and the Alolan forms are a lot of fun. First time seeing Alolan Vulpix and Exeggutor was a bit of a shock. Love how Alolan Rattata looks (although Raticate is ugly and I hate him). Love Alolan Raichu so much. I noticed Sun and Moon went away from a lot of new Water/Grass/Fire/Electric/Ice types, and the Dex leaned really heavily on the Ghost/Fairy/Dark/Psychic/Bug part of the chart. Not necessarily a bad thing, seems more of a reflection that The Pokemon Company is tired repeating type combos so much. Ended up going through the game not being able to hit Flying types, which was a little touch-and-go toward the end.

Love this guy. He looks like he wants to destroy every opponent he sees. Beak Blast is a fun move on him (if only he had Defense).

Favorite of the new set is definitely Mimikyu. Wanted one of those the first time I saw one. He ended up tanking soooooooo many Z-Moves during the end game. The AI is a little stupid sometimes in this game. Really useful Pokemon to have around.

"Modern Simpsons" defender simpsonsbart's Avatar

Why... There someone who stored Pokémon and had 30,000 Poké Miles after this person did it, and me, I did the same thing, waited some hours but they only propose me 2 Poké Miles more than before I did it. Why so few whereas I've stored a lot of Pokémon? Why?
    "You're perfect! In fact, you're better than perfect! Next to you, perfection is crap!"

It was said in a 1997 episode. But if it were said in a recent episode (from the mid 2000s to for now), I'd take it as irony.

I don't believe in modern Simpsons nor golden era: I'm an atheist

Don't fear the roofer!

I'm a post-20th century Simpsons episodes defender.

The ones who say "Zombie Simpsons" make me laugh.

I'm a girl but I say #NotMyDoctor anyway.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You get more Pokemiles based on how long you leave the Pokémon in there (days), as well as how many.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

"Modern Simpsons" defender simpsonsbart's Avatar

Does it mean that I have to wait until 12:00 AM, 24 hours, or more than 100 days (I've stored more than 100 Pokémon)?

Blog Entries

Just going off of a Gamefaqs thread btw, but someone said they use about 80% of the Bank's storage, and get 100 miles (10 BP) per day.

So yeah, daily.

I'm from Canada, eh. People think I'm slooooow.

I'm a major player of Pokemon. In fact, I wrote a bunch of articles for some website called serebii.net even. I know the older ones like the back of my hand, right down to beta content and coding quirks.

I picked up Sun over the weekend, great game - I loved Moon and have put like 300 hours into it since release. Definitely better than XY, though I had a higher play time on that. Alpha Sapphire pretty much saved 6th gen for me since Hoenn is my favorite region.

Blog Entries

8 minute Pokemon Direct will be up tomorrow 23:00 JST / 15:00 BST / 10:00 EDT.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/5/157...rect-june-2017

Alot of people are hoping for Pokemon Stars on the Switch, though if it is another main series game, I'm completely positive it'll be on the 3DS still (Gamefreak only hired people 2 months ago for Switch graphic level programmers, so Gen VIII will prob be another while).

Alternatively, a G/S/C release on the Switch would be cool, or any Switch VC tbh.

Blog Entries

A lot of strange decisions there. Pokken Deluxe, thus another port with what is essentially DLC, being the only new thing for the Switch. A new main series game that stays exclusively on 3DS (a slowly faltering machine that could barely handle the original S/M), and the VC release of G/C is also 3DS-only and doesn't have Crystal - the one that is still playable to today's standards.

I can only imagine they are holding off until gen 8 for a full-blown console RPG game but still bizarre as a whole.

Blog Entries

Not much to say on US/UM yet. Glad they're doing another "3rd version" at least, weird that it's 2 games, unless the story changes are supposed to be on par w/ B2W2. Wish we actually got more definite info on it instead of a 5 min Pokken Tournament ad, which looks fun, but doubt I'll ever get.

G/S VC is nice at least, curious if they'll reveal any Johto alolan forms before its release. Lack of Crystal is sad, don't know why they'd exclude that but keep Yellow. Cool Gen 2 is on 3DS at least, can actually play it on a system and not worry about my save file dying every time I lightly tap the cart.

Blog Entries

gold and silver are my fav pokemon games, so that's cool.

don't give two shits about ultra sun and moon though, barely got into regular sun and moon. still a dumbass decision to keep the "ultra" versions on 3ds and not on the switch though.
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Blog Entries

Would the 3DS/Switch even be able to communicate to each other for trading/battling?

Also, Pokemon has never switched consoles mid-Generation before. Personally okay with waiting another year or so instead of just porting the current 3DS models to HD, as much as I'd love to have actual new games to play on the Switch.

Bring on the men Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Never could get into Sun much. I'll probably complete it eventually, but I just don't find it that fun. I've had a lot more fun playing Pokémon AshGray for GBA4iOS.

Blog Entries

After Seven months I FINALLY finished Pokemon Sun. Really enjoyed the game, great gameplay, great Pokemon. Only complaint is that pacing was crap and there were too many cutscenes, but 8.5/10 overall.
    You're a dolt with the IQ of a peabrain that probably loves lowbrow sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory, Frasier and Seinfeld to not grasp the biting satire and wit of the classic 65 (Rugrats).

Bring on the men Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pokémon Sword and Shield announced as Gen 8’s main games.

https://kotaku.com/nintendo-announce...tch-1832926330
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Blog Entries

those starters are butt ugly

Blog Entries

Not really thrilled about any of the starters. Weird since I thought all of the Gen 6 and 7 starters were really solid. Don't like that they all share the same head shape. The sports theme they seem to have is something at least, ties in with how the Gym stadiums seem to be. Scorbunny is the most appealing to me, Sobble and Grookey still look weird to me as ‘mons.

UK/Scandinavian region definitely has potential to be cool. Still put off by it looking like a straight/linear line (though I heard a good reasoning about it reflecting climbing in Feudal ranking, farmland to the central castle), should be better than the Alola islands at least. Graphically, I think it looks really beautiful. Pretty much taking the SM graphics and adding better textures/details, oh and lighting, the lighting they’ve shown looked gorgeous. Of the landmarks, I enjoy the look of that “Big Ben” looking building and the city/carnival Pokémon League. Also notice a Stonehenge area, the railroad connecting the whole region, and what appears to be crop circles ($10 you can catch the UB’s there in the postgame).

Off of just the one trailer, I have good faith in these so far, definitely alleviates a lot of the bad taste the Let’s Go games gave me. Hopefully GameFreak really try with this one, and don’t hold back on content like they’ve been doing with the 3DS games. I want my grand home console Pokémon adventure darn it!

Done with life BloodySimpsonChibi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dammit. It took me this long to get a 3DS so I could play Sun (which really sucks imo) and now they're making get a Switch. Dammit!

That aside. I'm not sure which starter I would choose. I usually pick Fire-types but I think I'll wait until we get to see the fully evolved forms first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    I'd imagine patting Lisa on the head would sting, damn kids with their spiky heads.

I'm from Canada, eh. People think I'm slooooow.

I'm going Grass. Version will depend on designs of the new legendaries.

I've been doing a 150 run of FireRed where I create a living Pokedex of all the Pokemon in the Kanto region. I'm using an Onix, which should be interesting once it can evolve into Steelix. Glad my link cable works; if only I could find my second wireless adapter!
    please watch my duck cartoon:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFA9fBhIeR8

Blog Entries

Trailer from latest direct

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p_dgvgpC8Nw

Thread Information