View Poll Results: should we do this? (also are you in)

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 16.67%
  • No

1 16.67%
  • I'm In

3 50.00%
  • I'm Out

0 0%
  • Maybe...

1 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mafia (Results!)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm still interested!

Cool, it's not dead! I'm in!

Formerly known as E.A. Moz

How many more do we need and when do we plan on starting?

Blog Entries

Sorry @Jims , I have my major works due in and exams and what not so my participation would be very limited, so I will have to decline being in this for now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    How many more do we need and when do we plan on starting?
    Now that we have 9 people, that should be enough to play. Let's make the deadline for new entrants Thursday night, and on Friday I'll do the random draw and send out the PMs to let people know if they're a mafia or not.

Quote Originally Posted by HMS pinafore View Post
    Sorry @Jims , I have my major works due in and exams and what not so my participation would be very limited, so I will have to decline being in this for now.

Ah well, maybe if the first game goes well and people want to do another, you could join a second round of it.

Zombies Rise from the Sea

This is going to be fun...

Blog Entries

I forget what we're supposed to do and even I'm excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    I forget what we're supposed to do and even I'm excited!
    AGREED!

Blog Entries

Did you two ever play Werewolf?

Same concept, except it's for adults.

Nope, I've never really heard of it to be honest. Just be patient with us that have never played it, we'll catch on to the game eventually.

Blog Entries

Never played it either.

Blog Entries

Really? You didn't play it at school? When I was in primary school we use to play Werewolf all the time during the occasional free period!

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

I remember playing it during the years I went to summer camp.
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbie View Post
    We need a woman.
    I stand by this comment.

Blog Entries

Oh sorry but probably not, I'm really busy with work and adjusting to my new place.

Have fun though!

Release the hounds... Sinister Burns's Avatar

I'll sit this one out but if you like I can direct you to a good mafia site with its own wiki explaining the game (rules, roles etc).

Blog Entries

Eh, why not? I suppose I could give it a try.

Blog Entries

@NickVaughan, you're in. That makes 10 people now.

I'll do the random draw to determine who the mafia is, and I'll send out the PMs later tonight.

I'm looking forward to it!

Executive Vice President Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

OHBOYOHBOYOHBOY
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Blog Entries

I did the random draw, so I know who each role is going to be... I just gotta finish writing up the private messages I'll send to each of you. Expect them tomorrow around noon Eastern. I'll close this thread for now.

Blog Entries

I have sent out the PMs to all 10 players, so you should know what your role is. The first Night Phase has now begun, so I'll re-open this thread once everyone has replied to my message. Do not share any information I send you via PM with any other player.

The roles are:

1. Mafia
    -Will eliminate one player during each Night Phase.
    -Can vote during the Day Phases, just like every other player.
    -If the mafia is voted out during the Day Phase, then the game is over and the players win.
    -If the mafia is the last person standing, the mafia wins. If the mafia is one of the final 2 players (after the night phase, ready for the vote-off), the mafia automatically wins. Y'know since a villager by himself can't stand up to a mafia.

2. Detective
    -Can investigate one player during each Night Phase. They choose a player and I will reply with a Yes/No to confirm whether or not that person is a mafia.

3. Doctor
    -Can protect one player during each Night Phase. The player they select cannot be killed by the mafia that night. So if mafia chooses the same person as the Doctor, no one is eliminated that night and I will give a vague "No one was killed last night" answer in the thread. I won't reveal who was attacked/saved, however.
    -The doctor can protect themself if they want.
    -The doctor cannot protect the same person in consecutive nights.

4. Judge
    -No role during the Night Phase.
    -In the case of tie during the vote-off, the judge gets to break the tie. If the judge is eliminated, well, I'll figure out how we'll break ties later.

5. Villagers (6 total)
    -No role during the Night Phase.

Good luck! I'll re-open this thread when it's time for the first voting round.

Blog Entries

(OK, all replies are in, so I'm starting the first Day Phase. Here's the opening setup info. For the sake of paranoia, I have randomized who each "character" is in the story, so as to not accidentally put "clues" in it. So no reading into the narrative or anything. Also so people can't be mad about the story jobs I give them because they're, well, random)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once upon a time, there was a peaceful village named NoHomersville. It was a sleepy little hamlet, generally peaceful, but ultimately still productive in its chief export of caustic internet reviews. In addition to bitching about television, however, all of their residents had other jobs. Because, you know, you can't feed yourself with just internet reviews.

There's Riviera, the local obsessive-compulsive butcher, serving up perfectly round hamburgers and an assortment of mathematically-flawless cuts. And there's Zombies Rise from the Sea, the prudish local baker, specializing in a variety of non-erotic cakes ("No pastries longer than 6 inches!"). And then there's JoeyJoJoShabadoo, the local candlestick maker, who also happens to be the poorest citizen in town... Because seriously, candlesticks?

Dobbie is the local dentist, whose building is right next door to irvine_11's, the owner of the largest candy store in town. Villagers suspect the two of them of having a shady back-alley cross-promotion deal, especially with patients getting a bucket of candy corn as they leave the dentist's chair. Financial Panther, the local middle school gym teacher is not amused by all this candy-whoring, as he spends every school day watching fat kids climb ropes all day.

Jesse Pinkman is the richest man in the village, as the only certified contractor within 100 miles. Yes, we all know how he acquired his riches. Mojo is the local lawyer, and is the second-richest man in the village, mostly thanks to Mr. Pinkman. By the way, iambobdole1 is the third-richest, but that's mostly because he's the local counterfeiter. He basically draws pictures of Al Jean on the money and everyone is generally too angry to complain about, well, the fact that it's fake. He's bought a ton of non-erotic cakes from Zombies with that funny money.

...Oh, and Oh, that's raspberry! is the local recluse, but no one really talks to him. Not because he's disliked but because, well, he's a recluse. Some people say he's writing one of the greatest Simpsons essays of all time. Others think he just sits around eating Doritos and watching "Big Brother".

Blog Entries

Everything continued to be peaceful in NoHomersville until suddenly one morning, the villagers awoke to find something terrible happened to the village square. Their giant statue of Matt Groening, patron to all NoHomersvillians, had been beheaded. And a note had been stuck to his back, saying "Kick me". But below that, there was a note that stated, "THE MAFIA KILLS 1 TONIGHT."

The peaceful villagers were very confused and worried about about this, so they did what any decent, peaceful mob would do: They panicked. They ultimately agreed that if someone gets killed that night, then they'll have to track down who the killer is and lynch them. There were detractors to this idea, of course, claiming something about mass hysteria, but they were quickly lynched by the peaceful mob. So the plan was on.

So all the NoHomersville went to sleep that night, nervous-yet-eager-to-lynch, with all of them just hoping their annoying neighbor bites it instead of them. They all slept peacefully, except for the Local Amateur Detective and the Local Amateur Doctor, who each had a plan to stop the mafia. Whether they succeeded in their plan is unknown. But we know the mafia was also busy at work.

So, everyone one awoke the following morning and gathered in town square. They quickly took inventory of who was still there.

And the weird thing was.

Well, they were all accounted for. No one was killed overnight.

But by then, everyone already was in the mood to lynch... So the lack of an actual murder didn't really deter them. And being a good little democratic village, they decide to put it to a vote.

Blog Entries

Remaining players:

(Everyone, marvel at my mad Paint skillz. lolfox who, I say.)

Here's how the day phase is going to work:

Feel free to use this thread to hash out who you think the mafia is, or how to go about this thing. Or just chit-chat if you want. Eventually, people can nominate another player to be voted off as the mafia... Each player is allowed to nominate one player. I will create a poll of all the nominated players, and then you can vote in the poll. The person who receives the most votes is the consensus pick as being the Mafia, and is eliminated from the game.

If the mafia is eliminated, then all players win and this was a ridiculously short game. If the eliminated person is not the mafia, then we'll continue to Night #2...

Have fun, folks. As the moderator, I'm going to stay out of this trainwreck unless there's a rules question or it gets heated or whatever. Remember, folks, we're not voting people out here because we don't like them, it's because we think they're the mafia.

Blog Entries

That has to be the best thing I've seen on this forum.

Blog Entries

Jims I had the biggest grin on my face while reading your epic narrative.

Blog Entries

This baker sounds mighty suspicious. i don't trust him

Blog Entries

I'm dubious of the candle stick maker. I've played Clue.

Blog Entries

That gym teacher might have some motives, after all he hates fat people

Thread Information