View Poll Results: What is your favorite Star Wars movie?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Episode I: The Phantom Menace

8 6.50%
  • Episode II: Attack Of The Clones

2 1.63%
  • Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith

8 6.50%
  • Episode IV: A New Hope

25 20.33%
  • Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

61 49.59%
  • Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi

15 12.20%
  • Episode VII: The Force Awakens

2 1.63%
  • Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

2 1.63%
  • Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

0 0%
Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: STAR WARS (untagged spoilers, yo)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

I thought it was almost comical when Yoda started twirling around and shit in Ep II...and yet it still looked kinda neat. I do think the fights looked cool but they also feel like they're just buying time for "shit to happen" with everyone else.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

the fights in the prequel films are flashy though pretty tame and unengaging, but just about every action sequence in the prequels is utterly worthless. there's an awful and empty sense of "this is happening just because" in alot of those sequences, because they don't feel rooted in any character's journey. it's just jedis fucking shit up until more awful exposition rears it's ugly head in the next scene.

hell basically, the prequels have no scenes of worth. if there's an exception I can't think of it.

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    the fights in the prequel films are flashy though pretty tame and unengaging, but just about every action sequence in the prequels is utterly worthless. there's an awful and empty sense of "this is happening just because" in alot of those sequences, because they don't feel rooted in any character's journey. it's just jedis fucking shit up until more awful exposition rears it's ugly head in the next scene.

hell basically, the prequels have no scenes of worth. if there's an exception I can't think of it.

albeit for all the wrong reasons:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

Blog Entries

ugh seriously fuck the prequels

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Professional Burger Stealer Krusty Burglar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For as big of a shitstorm as Episode I was, I thought the Darth Maul v. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan battle was okay. And Episode III's Anakin vs. Obi-Wan was actually good.

But other than that, yeah, you're right, there wasn't very much good about them.

Blog Entries

I do like Maul vs. Qui-Gon but like I said a lot of Anakin v Obi-Wan felt like one of the worst offenders for 'ballet with laser swords'

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Spruce Moose View Post
    I do like Maul vs. Qui-Gon but like I said a lot of Anakin v Obi-Wan felt like one of the worst offenders for 'ballet with laser swords'
    Agreed, the flashiness can be annoying, but maybe it's just the music in the background, but I still like the battle.

Banned
    standing atop the ruins of OSS' crushed dreams

Maul v Obi Wan/Qui Gon is good, but they made it too obvious that the characters were trying to strike the lightsabers, rather than the actual people wielding them.

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Blog Entries

Also, apparently Carrie Fisher (the actress who played Leia) is saying that she, Mark Hamill (Luke), and Harrison Ford (everyone knows who he is) are supposed to head to work on Episode VII in March or April.

Of course, this isn't confirmed, so it could be not true. But let's hope that it is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jetthead View Post
    Maul v Obi Wan/Qui Gon is good, but they made it too obvious that the characters were trying to strike the lightsabers, rather than the actual people wielding them.
    This is a problem in all the prequel fights really. Although i'm also always amused by the scene in ROTJ when Luke manages to strike a stationary lightsaber instead of Vader's hand like 4-5 times.

Banned
    standing atop the ruins of OSS' crushed dreams

And Maul looks like a frolicking nymph when he's running around with his single bladed lightsaber. Especially here at 4:05

Blog Entries

Hah. Frolicking nymph...

I like the silence during the final bits of the battle. (Qui-Gon vs. Darth Maul, then Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul) Adds more suspense.

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    Well, there's this one scene for instance (no direct clip, unfortunately):

Last edited by CousinMerl; 01-23-2014 at 02:35 PM.

Well I liked the prequels, loved Revenge of The Sith, yes its too CGI-reliant and some of the acting is awful (esp Natalie Portman) but really Ewan McGregor does a fantastic job playing a younger Obi-Wan, and Ian McDiarmid steals every scene as Sidious/Palpatine.

Loved it how Lucas didn't pull no punches in showing how evil and twisted Anakin became by Palpatine's corrupting influence, killing the Young Padawans is extremely disturbing.

It was impossible to recreate the mythic magic of the original trilogy really.

Blog Entries

'impossible'? definitely not. i'd have been hard, but i wholeheartedly believe it could've been achieved. for most movie series with this kind of stuff i'd agree, but star wars has such a vast universe that really there are infinite possibilities. though it was expected to follow a basic principle, the prior events that lead to the galactic civil war, and the turning of anakin to darth vader, since nobody knew how this happened and anything was fair game, there are tons of ways for it to have been awesome, and, dare i say, even better than the originals. here are some examples from a youtube user. even if these are just rough thoughts, these basic ideas are far superior to what we got, and more well-thought out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetthead View Post
    Agreed. I always thought the Maul V Obi Wan duel looked more like the Ballet than a frenzied swordfight.
    This came out awhile ago. I saw it right after they re-released The Phantom Menace in 3-D. I hadn't seen it in years, and the apartment we lived in gave us free movie tickets every month, so I figured why not? There was just no sense of excitement. Especially when we've seen how cool lightsaber battles can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Les_Wynan View Post
    It was impossible to recreate the mythic magic of the original trilogy really.
    This seems very possible with the upcoming sequel trilogy, seeing as the people behind it have the right mindset (for instance, less CGI and more practical effects); overall, it feels to me as if they want to recapture the feeling that the original trilogy had.

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    This seems very possible with the upcoming sequel trilogy, seeing as the people behind it have the right mindset (for instance, less CGI and more practical effects); overall, it feels to me as if they want to recapture the feeling that the original trilogy had.
    Considering the iconic/legendary influence the Original trilogy had on 20th century pop culture, I fail to see how any new series of films could possibly recreate the same impact, it was a once in a generation phenomenon IMO

They obviously can't recreate the impact, but they can sure try to recapture the feeling it had (which is possible IMO).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 01-24-2014 at 02:09 AM.

They obviously can't recreate the impact, but they can sure try to recapture the feeling it had (which is possible IMO).
    Personally they should go for a whole mew series of characters and plotlines for that to happen IMO (IE No Skywalkers or Solos etc)

Hope they get rid of the Sith Rule of Two nonsense as well as it restricts the possibility of dramatical storylines.

A female Sith Lord would be most welcome

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Les_Wynan View Post
    Considering the iconic/legendary influence the Original trilogy had on 20th century pop culture, I fail to see how any new series of films could possibly recreate the same impact, it was a once in a generation phenomenon IMO
    so you're going to ignore my post challenging this huh? ok.

Blog Entries

As long as it doesn't turn out as bad as Episodes I and II. Last thing we need is another Jar Jar.

That's another issue. What if they decide to stick in another comic-relief/children appeal character?

Blog Entries

like C-3P0 and R2D2?

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog, Sam

Good Morning, Captain NoDeerForAMonth's Avatar

The worst parts of the series were when Anikan and Padime were on Naboo having picnics and talking about sand.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NoDeerForAMonth View Post
    The worst parts of the series were when Anikan and Padime were on Naboo having picnics and talking about sand.

Without a doubt the most legendary moment in the Star Wars saga.

Curiouser and curiouser MindQuad's Avatar

They say this, but the movie is still gonna have a shit-ton of CGI. It's a modern FX movie, there's just no way it's not.

So Doug Walker (Nostalgia Critic) said in his Disneycember entry for the Pirates Of The Caribbean sequels that not only does he think that the Jabba the Hutt scene in Return of The Jedi went on for too long, but apparently a lot of people have said that the scene "went on way too long and was kind of pointless".

What? This is the first time I've seen people having complained about the Jabba section of the movie. That whole part was great and still is; I thought everyone liked it as it is (and how is it pointless as it shows the heroes attempting to rescue their friend, especially from a plot thread that carries over from the previous film?).

There is a rumour going about the possible appearance of a character in episode 7 that seemingly contradicts a very big plot development in the Fate of the Jedi novels.

I am somewhat considered the new series of films will somehow nom-canonize the events of the spin-off novels and comics

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Honestly I m bored by much of the first thirty minutes of Jedi(outside the Vader opening). It has some good lines/bits but the movie doesn't really get going, for me, until my favorite badass Emperor appears.

Blog Entries

I used to hate Jedi up until the whole operation to destroy the 2nd Death Star. I always used to find it too boring.

Thread Information