View Poll Results: What is your favorite Star Wars movie?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Episode I: The Phantom Menace

8 6.45%
  • Episode II: Attack Of The Clones

2 1.61%
  • Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith

8 6.45%
  • Episode IV: A New Hope

25 20.16%
  • Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

62 50.00%
  • Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi

15 12.10%
  • Episode VII: The Force Awakens

2 1.61%
  • Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

2 1.61%
  • Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

0 0%
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748
Results 1,411 to 1,414 of 1414

Thread: STAR WARS (untagged spoilers, yo)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

It's funny because I love everything Star Wars, but this one just struck a nerve in me. It's a bunch of course correcting, mushy fan-service bullshit JJ wrote with no logic or consideration of how the previous two movies played out in pursuit of his artistic "vision" of what Star Wars should be. The way Ben's story ended is what angers me the most. A phenomenal character and a fantastic actor wasted for no good reason.

@tyler, @kupomog & @pax, so you guys would argue that it is the worst film of the sequel trilogy (and one of the worst of the saga, maybe)?

I went in seeing it with low expectations and I liked it fine as said, but I will agree that it could and should have been much more. I so wish they had an overall plan mapped out before starting with Force Awakens instead of improvising everything from film to film (and Abrams & Rian Johnson should have had some dialogue of what to do and not to do and make their films interlink well from movie to movie).

At the moment I like it the least of all the sequel trilogy movies. I would have to do a full rewatch of the prequel trilogy to rank against those, but I have consistently had AOTC as my least favorite this whole time. If there's one thing I love about the sequel trilogies it's the lightsaber fights feeling so visceral and less video game floaty than ppl flipping around and junk in the PT. And that right there is largely due to Kylo Ren. Duel of Fates still the only fight I really cared for in PT and that was the start of it all. A big issue I have with TROS is the heavy "Oh, that thing in TLJ? FUCK THAT." feeling I got at a few moments.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

As said before I loved both TFA and TLJ dearly, so yes, TROS is easily the worst of the Sequel Trilogy. I would argue Clones is the worst of the entire saga, but at least that one has originality and creative thought put into it other than "lol Palpatine's back, don't ask any questions k?" mentality TROS is plagued with.

To add to what kupo said about Sequel Trilogy lightsaber fights, TFA ending fight is still my favourite because of just how POWERFUL the saber hits sound. It really adds an extra something to Kylo overpowering and disarming Finn when his strikes sound so damn menacing. The dead silence just before John Williams' score kicks in is just icing on the cake.
    Last edited by pax; 01-23-2020 at 04:23 PM.

Thread Information