View Poll Results: What is your favorite Star Wars movie?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Episode I: The Phantom Menace

8 6.61%
  • Episode II: Attack Of The Clones

2 1.65%
  • Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith

8 6.61%
  • Episode IV: A New Hope

25 20.66%
  • Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

61 50.41%
  • Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi

14 11.57%
  • Episode VII: The Force Awakens

2 1.65%
  • Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

1 0.83%
  • Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

0 0%
Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1405

Thread: STAR WARS (untagged spoilers, yo)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Banned
    Blog Entries

Yeah, there is pretty much no way Han Solo would be alive. If he actually turns out to have survived i will be extremely survived, if he appear in the later movies he either appear in flashbacks or in a hologram like Obi-Wan.

Blog Entries

I FINALLY got to see this today!!! Even though I'm a massive Star Wars lover, I just didn't have the money and I did not want to just stream a pirated copy at home. I'm so glad I did wait, even though I did have the big scene with Han Solo spoiled by trolls a few days after trying very hard to avoid all spoilers :/ It was still a great scene... Chewie's crying just killed my heart

Daisy Ridley and John Boyega were both fantastic. I just love Rey and Finn, they're such great new characters with such interesting stories unfolding.

I'm on my ipod so I can't write much, but despite a few not-so-minor flaws, I really enjoyed it. Would rate it maybe juuust under Jedi, though I'd have to see it a few more times to truly judge it against the trilogy.

(I've been texting my SO with theories all night.. need to read back over this thread to see what I've missed)
    🔮Marianne Williamson 2020🔮

Blog Entries

episode 8 has been pushed to december 15th, 2017

the main reason is disney not wanting the film to compete with the guardians of the galaxy sequel plus the success of force awakens' box office performance over the holidays

so... yup. the wait is now six months longer.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

fuck.
    well i guess that gives em more time to polish the film and thats always good. Or they could just push Guardians 2 six months later.

Super bummers, but yeah, more time to make sure everything is right. And I guess I totally missed there was yet another POTC movie coming.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

haha yea crummy replacement there

rian is currently doing a month-long rewrite of the screenplay to take less focus away from new characters they were going to introduce and put the primary on rey, finn, poe, kylo and luke. so basically, the right decision. this just gives him even more time to polish it.

Okay yeah that definitely makes sense because uhhhhh yeah new characters lol

I honestly haven't even bothered considering who else they'll introduce (especially since plot details are thin yet) because I just so badly want to see more of Rey, Finn, et al. and like, Phasma. I know from wiki that Benicio del Toro is cast for a part as villain which sounds interesting.

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan

Hired Goon

Honestly this is kinda good news to me. A year and a half seemed a little too soon. Plus yeah, it would have made summer 2017, which is probably already gonna be hella crowded with blockbusters, even more so. I'm sure Disney hopes to duplicate TFA's bombastic success from December. It reminds me of when Harry Potter 6 got delayed from November 2008 to July 2009, which a lot of people speculated was due to The Dark Knight's huge success in that same time of year. So now it's the same thing but reversed.

It's also good that this makes the Star Wars films more evenly spaced out now. TFA - December 2015. Rogue One: December 2016. Episode 8: December 2017. It's nice and neat.

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan

Blog Entries

for the next half-decade, december is star wars now. the han solo spinoff and ep 9 are tentatively scheduled for may 2018 and may 2019 respectively, but that'll surely change.

have yourself a merry little space opera

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

Well, it sucks that it got pushed back and so far (there goes the chance of having it premiere precisely 40 years after the first movie), but then I guess they get more time to develop and perfect it before it's release which is all for the better.

And besides, getting Guardians 2 in May isn't bad at all (loved the first one and I'm really looking forward to the sequel).

Blog Entries

learned the other day darth maul comes back in the clone wars cartoon and, soon, the rebels cartoon. what.

I guess this is the reaction many fans have on the Episode VIII delay news:

(I found that nugget on a Star Wars forum).

Banned
    Blog Entries

I´m pretty patient with movies so the delay dosen´t bother me. It gives more time for them to make the movie as great as it can be and i didin´t even know about the sequels until like a year ago so waiting for the second sequel won´t be a problem considering how long i waited for another Star Wars movie after Revenge Of The Sith which like i said i thought was going to be probably the last Star Wars movie since i kinda doubted that more movies would come out after that one.
    Last edited by Jerkass Homer; 01-21-2016 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    learned the other day darth maul comes back in the clone wars cartoon and, soon, the rebels cartoon. what.
    Yeah. He kills the woman Obi-Wan loves.

Blog Entries

It sucks that all these unanswered questions I got with TFA have to wait a lot longer to be answered, hopefully this delay will get them to improve the movie even further. I'm just hoping that the next movie will be a lot more original while TFA had a lot of similarities to A New Hope, yet I'm expecting stuff like the Resistance base being destroyed, Kylo Ren revealing to some character that they are actually family, some guy taking in the resistance group only to end betraying them...
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kupomog View Post
    Yeah. He kills the woman Obi-Wan loves.
    KYLO KILLS HAN!
    UP AND ATOM!

Look most Star Wars movie fans really don't pay attention to The Clone Wars shit so I really don't care if something from an episode from 2013 is a spoiler to someone. People are probably more familiar with old tales from the EU by this point.

In which Obi Wan also loved Siri so whatever, OBI WAN LOVES PPL.

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Look most Star Wars movie fans really don't pay attention to The Clone Wars shit so I really don't care if something from an episode from 2013 is a spoiler to someone. People are probably more familiar with old tales from the EU by this point.

In which Obi Wan also loved Siri so whatever, OBI WAN LOVES PPL.
    Easy! I'm only joking. I don't hold back on Clone Wars spoilers around more casual fans who only watch the movies. TBH, any fans of the movies should be watching TCW and Rebels because they are all the same level of canon and, in the cast of TCW, came direct from Lucas. So that is some serious G-level canon stuff right there.

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax

The sad thing is The Clone Wars does a better job of making you care about Anakin than the movies ever do.

23. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Gatorgod

gave his life for tourism Magnum's Avatar
    Blog Entries

my bro-in-law showed me part of an episode and i lol'd as soon as anakin opened his mouth because the acting was so ridiculously improved
    Quote Originally Posted by tones
    I was born with a wah-wah pedal

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Finally saw TFA! It's definitely not perfect and it's definitely not Empire but there's more good Star Wars movies than bad ones again so that's good enough for me.

The sad thing is The Clone Wars does a better job of making you care about Anakin than the movies ever do.
    TCW is seriously one of the best things to come out of the prequel era (and it improves the prequel trilogy and a lot of it's characters surprisingly much, such as Anakin). I definitely recommend it to Star Wars fans who likes animation & haven't seen it already.

27. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax

Banned
    Blog Entries

I haven´t seen any Clone Wars episodes. I think i saw the movie a long time ago which i remember being meh at best but i haven´t watched the show. I might check it out since i have heard some good things about it and i could like it.

in the middle of a hoedown eric's Avatar

hey I was going to sell it elsewhere for like $20, but if someone wants my 2004 star wars original trilogy DVD set, let me know. it's this one: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Trilogy_(DVD)

unfortunately this set was the first to introduce some changes like the hayden christensen force ghost and the new boba fett voice.

in the middle of a hoedown eric's Avatar

also

Report: ‘Star Wars’ toymakers were ‘specifically directed’ to exclude Rey

“One or more individuals raised concerns about the presence of female characters in the Star Wars products,” Boehm reports. “Eventually, the product vendors were specifically directed to exclude the Rey character from all Star Wars-related merchandise.”

Allegedly, the industry insider was told, “No boy wants to be given a product with a female character on it.”

http://www.hypable.com/star-wars-toy...o-exclude-rey/

pfft I already have the best Rey toy in existence ever anyway!!!

Aw yeah, look at that blank face.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerkass Homer View Post
    I haven´t seen any Clone Wars episodes. I think i saw the movie a long time ago which i remember being meh at best but i haven´t watched the show. I might check it out since i have heard some good things about it and i could like it.
    The movie doesn't do the show justice at all (it's pretty shoddy and haphazardly put together); the show itself is a bit wobbly during it's first season but then picks up towards the end and gets better from there on (all of the six season can be found on Netflix).

Has anyone else seen it through and care to share their thoughts?

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've seen most of it, skipped Jar Jar episode trash, droid episode trash, and whatnot. Loved several Palpatine things like owning Maul and Opress. Shame Ian Abercrombie died while it was still airing. He was great. Tim Curry was an...interesting replacement. Palpatine watching Anakin and Dooku's duel in that one late episode was fantastic too. The hints of Episode III and his "One shudders to think where the galaxy would be without the Jedi." line made me fangasm hard. Yeah, got alotta Palpatine dialogue memorized.

Blog Entries

you gotta love the "it's not us, it's the audience!" defense. almost as if there's no responsibility wanting to be taken as if they aren't just reinforcing gender stereotypes by intentionally not putting anything on the market to prove their bullshit in the first place.

it's sickening when you realize that in 1977, nearly 40 years ago, the very first Star Wars action figure set included Leia, the third protagonist, without Han Solo, the second protagonist, and it was the only one out there at the time, period...

...but today the main protagonist of episode 7 isn't included in vast wealth of endless merchandise, because she is a woman. what the fuck

Because she's a DISGUSTING MARY SUE

Thread Information