View Poll Results: What is your favorite Star Wars movie?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Episode I: The Phantom Menace

8 6.50%
  • Episode II: Attack Of The Clones

2 1.63%
  • Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith

8 6.50%
  • Episode IV: A New Hope

25 20.33%
  • Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

61 49.59%
  • Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi

15 12.20%
  • Episode VII: The Force Awakens

2 1.63%
  • Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

2 1.63%
  • Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

0 0%
Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: STAR WARS (untagged spoilers, yo)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

BrokenBox

Some things I want to see in Episode 8

1. What happened between Kylo Ren and Luke, and why Kylo turned over to the dark side.

2. More screen time with Captain Phasma (silver stormtrooper). I like her for some reason.

3. Rey's past explained. I'm a subscriber of the theory that Luke is her father. but either way, she has to be related to the Skywalker family somehow. Why would Luke's lightsaber call to her?
    a

Blog Entries

I was trying to figure out if there was any possible way for Rey to be Darth Vader's direct child, but it just doesn't work. He would've had to have her literally right before he died in Episode VI, he would also have to somehow be able to still have children, and even then it's been 30 years and the age doesn't quite work. Assuming Darth Vader could've still had children after turning to the dark side, he could've had a child much earlier, and Rey could be a granddaughter on another side. But then who would be the missing generational link (Rey's mother/father) that we don't know about? That's a lot of backstory to outline.

It's totally Captain Phasma, lol. 

If she came from the dark side of the family tree, her turning to the light would be an interesting parallel to Kylo Ren. Although I don't know why she would've been dumped on that planet as a child.

Being Leia and/or Han's (whether as a half-sibling or not) is difficult to justify since both of them didn't really recognize her. Or at least talked about it at all. They talked all the time about their son. So unless there's some story where Leia had some sort of illegitimate child, Luke whisks her away for safekeeping, and Leia doesn't recognize her... That theory doesn't really work.

Luke is the obvious answer. But he seems like such a monk-like, celibate hero kind of character to me. And I get the nagging feeling that answer is way too foreshadowed right now to be an interesting plot twist.

The problem with this mystery is that there aren't enough viable suspects.

Quote Originally Posted by steamed_hamms View Post
    also, which way are y'all expecting kylo ren to go? full evil after the events of TFA? or will he turn back or whatevs? or just self doubt then dead?
    He should just stay evil,.. What good would it be to turn good now with millions of deaths on his hands? the rest of us not getting killed will appreciate it, but If he turned a new leaf, he'd have to still answer for his ton 'o crimes, you'd think? .. A lot of mass murders take their own lives when reality sets in (not to mention thoughts of life in prison when they get cornered).. Kylo finally committing a dramatic suicide to show his penitence might work??

Blog Entries

Well, I watched episode 1. I gravely underestimated just how awful this was going to be, I always assumed the hate for this was mainly based on it being just a bad Star Wars film and maybe a mediocre film in general. I was dead wrong, everything about this movie is an assault on the eyes and ears, its incoherent, filled with pointless scenes and plot points, the CGI is butt-ugly, and Jar Jar is quite possibly one of the worst character I've ever seen in a movie. Even all the other characters are just fucking stupid, Qui gon does nothing but shout exposition and twirl his fucking lightsaber and fucking obi won does literally nothing the entire movie, every once in a while he has a line but most of the time they just seem to cut away to him just standing there silent while the other characters are talking. Why was he even in the movie so much if he had barley any lines or things to do? Also good to know that the force is just from some sort of symbionic relationship between a human and what is basically a parasite of some kind, what was Lucas thinking!? This was is one of the most baffelingy stupid and poorly written and directed films I've seen in years and I can't believe some people defend this garbage movie.

tbh I know I'm 16 years late to the party

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Gatorgod

Blog Entries

all i can say is wait until you see episode two

Blog Entries

literally the only reason it gets even a bit defended today is the hype it had. i mean there's hype for this new movie a ton but at least it's not unfounded. i'm sure i'd still like this new one ten years later

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Torrens

Banned
    Blog Entries

I liked Phantom Menace but i can definitely see why it´s not everyone´s cup of tea.

Blog Entries

I have to know what specifically did you, or anyone else who enjoyed the movie who is reading this thread enjoy about it?
    Because I'm struggling to think of a single thing I liked aside from the great score. Even moments that should have been good just felt shit, like that last lighsaber duel with qui gon and Darth Maul, in fact Darth Maul was one of the worst villains I've seen he has one line and like 3 appearances all of which are really quick he's the most underdeveloped character I've seen in Star Wars so far. Granted even qui gon and obi won were insanely useless and underdeveloped here too, also fuck that rat tail obi won has s'fucking gross.
    TBH the worst character, Jar Jar is the only character who had any semblance of development, we knew more about that piece of trash then we did about Qui Gon.
    oof this movie

Ep II is still worse.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan

Blog Entries

quite a bit worse

Then again, none of the other Episodes had ELAN SLEAZEBAGGANO in it.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

what the fuck is that thing?
    Also I just can't imagine that episode 2 could be worse then 1. As long as it doesn't have Jar Jar and has a coherent plot then it'll be at least a small notch above 1.

Blog Entries

well it doesn't feature much of jar jar...

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

pre good modern simpsons vid

Blog Entries

yep

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
    what the fuck is that thing?
    Also I just can't imagine that episode 2 could be worse then 1. As long as it doesn't have Jar Jar and has a coherent plot then it'll be at least a small notch above 1.
    Jar Jar Binks is the most important character tbh

Blog Entries

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

Since I've seen all of them now, this is how I'd rank them.

Empire Strikes Back > A New Hope > The Force Awakens > Revenge of the Sith > Return of the Jedi >> The Phantom Menace > Attack of the Clones
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkass Homer View Post
    I guess this is the same Nicholson who did Joker in the Batman 1989 movie.

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

jesus

revenge of the sith objectively cannot be better than any of the original trilogies lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    father dies while son tinychats

Blog Entries

i mean jedi is super boring but the opening and ending are pretty great. nothing in sith is as fun or imaginative as those

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

exactly
    that's why it makes no sense when people rate it better than return of the jedi

Blog Entries

The plot of Force Awakens is a total rehash of A New Hope and everybody loves it....

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by noodlesoup View Post
    exactly
    that's why it makes no sense when people rate it better than return of the jedi
    I can definitely understand why a lot of people rank ROTS over ROTJ (see one of these for instance: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/r...jedi.50016954/ & http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/fo-f...rn-of-the-jedi). Even though I disagree that ROTS is better, many of them who picks it over ROTJ do make some good points in favor of it.

But ROTJ = super boring? No way. It's possibly the most colorful and fun of the original three and has a lot stuff going on and which I love, ranging from the Jabba the Hutt stuff to a great space battle to the climactic final duel between Luke and Vader.

Quote Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
    The plot of Force Awakens is a total rehash of A New Hope and everybody loves it....
    Yeah, it taking a lot of inspiration and elements from ANH is arguably it's biggest weakness; it's great and a lot of fun, but it's not perfect and I would not rate it something like 9.5/10 like a lot of people do. An 8/10 feels about right after my so far only viewing.

If there's something the prequels have over it, it's that they feel more creative with their content.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
    not entirely, more like a remix, but execution is key. TFA uses ring theory a bit and is a lot of fun with good characters. I never really wached Star Wars movies for the plot anyways

which is why Jedi is better than Sith. it may have a rather dull (and bizarre) middle, but the characters are way, way better

also:
    ep 1 is laughably bad while ep 2 is just boring. I'd rather watch the laughably bad film
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

Saw the movie yesterday. It was alright. Felt too much like a rehash of IV though and was kind of lacking in depth. Unlike the originals, I didn't think the film did a very good job with establishing the different planets. They just felt like different levels in a video game. The characters weren't all that great either and came off as underdeveloped. Rey is too much of a Mary Sue, Fin's purpose seems to be just to assist her and Poe is just....there. When he blows up Death Star III, I couldn't have cared less. Say what you will about RotJ rehashing the Death Star attack but watching Lando manoeuvre the Falcon through the inside of the space station was still exciting as hell. Kylo Ren was okay I guess. Really loved that moment when he was cutting up the control panel with his lightsaber and those two stormtroopers just back away. Probably the best part of the movie. I also really liked his confrontation with Han Solo, arguably the scene with the most tension. I'm glad lightsaber fights are back to feeling like actual sword fights but did you have to have Kylo go out like a punk. I know they want to demonstrate that the force is strong in Rey but the girl has had no training in force control nor experience in lightsaber duelling. They should have just had Rey just barely keeping up but before Kylo can get the upper hand, the planet starts to fall apart, separating the two from any further battle. This would then give Rey incentive to get better for their next duel.

Overall, the film was fun, I liked but didn't love it. Better than the prequels but a step down from the originals. It did its job by getting everyone excited about Star Wars again but its quite flawed. Hopefully the next one is better but I doubt it's going to be as good of a sequel as "The Empire Strikes Back".
    Season 1: The humble beginnings -- Seasons 2-8: The classic era -- Season 9: The first season where noticeable flaws began to appear -- Season 10: The last decent season -- Season 11: The first BAD season -- Season 12: The last season with episodes worth watching -- Seasons 13-Present: Zombie Simpsons

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeMM95 View Post
    Rey is too much of a Mary Sue.
    aaaaaaaaaaaand stopped reading

Blog Entries

people who still think rey is overpowered/kylo is underpowered clearly dont well understand either character

33. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan, Tilly

direct floor engagement steamed_hamms's Avatar
    Blog Entries

the novelisation has some cool details: http://mashable.com/2015/12/29/force...k#xx9HAZCZ0Pq3

Thread Information