View Poll Results: What is your favorite Star Wars movie?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Episode I: The Phantom Menace

8 6.56%
  • Episode II: Attack Of The Clones

2 1.64%
  • Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith

8 6.56%
  • Episode IV: A New Hope

25 20.49%
  • Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

61 50.00%
  • Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi

14 11.48%
  • Episode VII: The Force Awakens

2 1.64%
  • Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

2 1.64%
  • Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

0 0%
Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: STAR WARS (untagged spoilers, yo)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Temporary Talking Head Suomynona's Avatar

https://youtu.be/lg_FoEy8T_A?t=28s

sigh...

*salutes*

Banned
    Blog Entries

Im getting more and more excited about the movie. Still dont think its going to better then the originals or even as good but im definitely looking forward too watching it. I will probably watch it on either Sunday or Monday since the schedule is kinda tight for Friday and Saturday.

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Goddammit, why do people everywhere still complain a woman and a black man are in the leads??? Jesus, this almost makes me embarrassed to be part of the Star Wars fandom.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Blog Entries

Going to see the movie tomorrow. Today and likely some of tomorrow shall be spent watching the first 6 movies. I was deliberating what order to go by in terms of whether or not to watch the prequels before the original trilogy, but after giving it some thought, Phantom Menace was my introduction to Star Wars as a child (First movie I ever saw in a cinema), so I'm gonna start there and go through it the same way I did back then.

Because of how demanding it is to watch all of them like this, I actually debated whether or not I even need to since I remember the overall story well enough, but I suppose a refresher course wouldn't hurt.
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Glass-Decorated Christmas Tree View Post
    Goddammit, why do people everywhere still complain a woman and a black man are in the leads??? Jesus, this almost makes me embarrassed to be part of the Star Wars fandom.
    what has prmopted this here

Blog Entries

Nothing on this forum, just people everywhere else.

Blog Entries

it's kinda super unneccessary

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog, Ryan

Blog Entries

let us worry about the racists/sexists here and not the racists/sexists elsewhere on the interwebs
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Banned
    Blog Entries

v>vii>iv>vi

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

finally some ratings I can believe in
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    father dies while son tinychats

Blog Entries

Even as someone who really, really liked the movie, I still don't see how it's better than any of the movies from the original trilogy.

Banned
    Blog Entries

oh yeah because nothing could beat any of the originals!

Blog Entries

Well okay, I do prefer III over IV and...

Damn it.

Banned
    Blog Entries

kylo ren is fucking cool

Ill-Mannered Sack of Crap LosTickaToeRest's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love that there are still nerds who "knew it was going to be terrible all along" crawling across my various social media feeds who have spent months screeching about how JJ Abrams' involvement means it's automatically going to be a Phantom Menace-level abortion, digging through pages of positive reviews to find select lines about how parts of the movie feel a little too similar to A New Hope to blockquote as "proof" that the franchise has been irreparably trashed once again and to crow about how they were right and all the sheeple paying to see the movie are idiots.

Obviously haven't gotten to see this yet, and probably won't for a little while, but the generally positive reviews and the comments here give me a little hope.

My ranking of the series is V > IV > VI > III > I > II (> Shitty Clone Wars Movie if that counts)

Hope & Empire are great; Return is also great but gets dragged down slightly by the goofy Ewok stuff; Revenge is by far the best of the prequels; Phantom is garbage but at least it's vaguely-charming, nostalgic, somewhat bizarre entertaining 90's garbage. Attack is just boring outside of a few great scenes/motifs like the stuff on Kamino. And that Clone Wars movie that came out in theaters to kick off the show was just laughable, even if the TV show itself became pretty good.
    Earth. Atomizer. Let's go.

withered gas station rose Bart's treehouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 'Tis the Season to be Johnny View Post
    oh yeah because nothing could beat any of the originals!
    I think we should be waiting longer than the drive home from the cinema before declaring this movie the best Star Wars ever. Even if that may be true in time it's not the crazy thing to be cautious to not get caught in the new Star Wars hype and viewing the movie with blinders on.
    Last edited by Bart's treehouse; 12-17-2015 at 07:09 AM.

Blog Entries

real ranx

star wars > empire >> jedi >>>> sith >>> menace > clones

Banned
    Blog Entries

I have watched the first four movies and i still rank them pretty much the same with Clones being my least favorite and Menace being better the Clones but worse then Sith and Sith being weaker then Hope. I havent watched Empire and Jedi yet but i guess i will still prefer Jedi by a small bit.

Hired Goon

Christmas Special > Phantom Menace > Clones >>>>>> the rest

Banned
    standing atop the ruins of OSS' crushed dreams

I actually own a copy of the holiday special. For the novelty of it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by walkin in a handy wonderland View Post
    real ranx

star wars > empire >> jedi >>>> sith >>> menace > clones
    now here we have the correct answer folks

I was a clones > menace goon for a bit but nah menace is shite but clones genuinely fucks up important parts of the story. menace in the grand scheme is nearly superfluous to the story so its just a (still suuuuper shitty) throwaway of a film

23. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Empire > New Hope though.

The weird thing is that if TPM were just a movie all by itself about some little slave boy being the Chosen One (and managing to fuck up an entire space ship with almost stealth ops) it would bother me a lot less despite being super tired. It can stand alone considering it can completely be left out, ending on the parade and all that junk just like A New Hope and you can happily assume this kid didn't become a murderous fuck up later and did his duty. A bunch of cool lightsaber shit happens and you have to deal with some comic relief asshole but it'd feel somewhat quaint. I mean you have to deal with Jake Lloyd's acting, too, and numerous other crappy things.

Plus, seeing as I latch onto female characters almost instantly, it's really nice to see Amidala spend the movie plotting how to save Naboo and then putting said plan into action, leading the way in the fight and DOING something as a ruler. After that she's a senator w/ responsibilities but spends most of the time in hiding playing in the fucking fields with Ani and being in love and pregnant. She fights a little bit (while hurt, even) but she's pretty much just Anakin's soon to be dead love for the rest of the movies. And why does she die? Lost the fucking will to live. Just stopped living. Like all the actual cool shit she does is just in the Clone Wars cartoons after Ep 1.

Anyway then in Clones pretty much the only thing I liked was Obi Wan on Kamino and a few key Geonosis sequences. Every thing else, as said, is damn painful to sit through. Even those space club/diner scenes are hard to watch because it's a CGI pukefest everywhere that takes you out of it. The Yoda fight was cool but that CGI is still offputting. And the dialogue is so cringeworthy at points (I DON'T LIKE SAND..). Sith really wasn't THAT much better. You just spend the movie waiting for the moment Anakin finally becomes Darth Vader, or at least I did because I barely remember much else other than a lot of death. Then they ruin it with that NOOOOO.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

yea i prefer og star wars to empire tbh (not callin it new hope!!) because it's just such a memorable fun movie the whole way thru. all the set pieces, characters, etc. are an absolute delight. empire is this way too and i love it as well but nothing can replicate the first one to me

ANH (sorry ) and TESB really can be interchangeable for me depending on my mood. TESB is great but the first movie can stand on its own and be completely fulfilling experience and it's so special to me because of that. Always loved that Clerks convo about SW and of course mopey Dante like TESB because it ends on a friggin' down note.

Blog Entries

I love both films more than almost anything I've watched but to me ESB does what the original did even better - greater set pieces, more threatening Vader, Yoda, Cloud City, Hoth. Goddamn.

Blog Entries

oh also i watched sith a little bit ago. wowee is it bad but at least it's kinda entertaining

From My Point Of View The Jedi Are Evil

Love their army of child soldiers

Blog Entries

Only a Sith deals in absolutes

Except for that one of course.

Hired Goon

Oh cool, board's back up. I'll crosspost my thoughts from facebook here.

Just a heads up for everyone, you can post spoilers if you absolutely must, but if you don't tag them, we will cut you with a knife.

Anyway here are my initial, non-spoiler thoughts on the movie, which I saw last night:

This movie makes me HAPPY. That's the first word that comes to mind. I'm still giddy and it ended an hour ago. I've always been a casual Star Wars fan, so I had no particular expectations for this other than "hopefully it'll be better than the prequels."

It made me FORGET about the prequels. It's as if the original trilogy was the only trilogy, and this was the long-awaited fourth film. The line Han says in the trailer, "we're home," is so appropriate. That's how it felt.

But just saying "it's better than the prequels" is not praise enough. It felt just like one of the originals. It had the same heart and soul. Having some of the original cast back was so great--it was like they never left. Even the John Williams score was perfect.
    It is a visually amazing work. I daresay it might be the overall best looking Star Wars film, because it was the perfect balance of practical effects and CGI. It used a lot of the same organic techniques as the OT, used some CGI where it was absolutely necessary and never overdid it. There were a lot of parts where I could not tell whether I was looking at a practical model, or a CGI effect. That's how effects should be done.

I LOVE the new characters, Rey and Finn. I am so attached to them and cannot wait to see them in the sequels. And BB-8 is adorable. I want my own BB-8 now.

I'm done rambling for now. Cannot wait to see it again!

Thread Information