View Poll Results: What is your favorite Star Wars movie?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Episode I: The Phantom Menace

8 6.61%
  • Episode II: Attack Of The Clones

2 1.65%
  • Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith

8 6.61%
  • Episode IV: A New Hope

25 20.66%
  • Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

61 50.41%
  • Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi

14 11.57%
  • Episode VII: The Force Awakens

2 1.65%
  • Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

1 0.83%
  • Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

0 0%
Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: STAR WARS (untagged spoilers, yo)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

yea I have that same DVD trilogy set that has the original theatrical releases as a "bonus disc", which is still the only way to see them on disc I think. disney's rumored to release the unaltered OT on blu-ray right before TFA releases, but that looks unlikely at this point. if TFA really strikes a chord, that'll definitely get it pushed up so crossing my fingers.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

they're re-releasing the 2011 blu-rays on single discs in november if that's what you're thinking of. there was speculation about them being the original versions but it was unfounded
    and yeah those bonus discs are still the only DVDs around that you can watch the unedited versions on. there was big demand so they just shat that out super quick to shut people up. IIRC lucas said that something to the effect of 'that's the only one we're doing' but he isn't in charge anymore so i dunno. never had it but i heard the quality is pre bad
    Last edited by Sam; 08-26-2015 at 10:53 AM.

Ill-Mannered Sack of Crap LosTickaToeRest's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by handy wonder View Post
    they're re-releasing the 2011 blu-rays on single discs in november if that's what you're thinking of
    and yeah those bonus discs are still the only DVDs around that you can watch the unedited versions on. there was big demand so they just shat that out super quick to shut people up. IIRC lucas said that something to the effect of 'that's the only one we're doing' but he isn't in charge anymore so i dunno. never had it but i heard the quality is pre bad
    If memory serves they're non-anamorphic which cheesed a bunch of people off but otherwise they're still a lot better-looking than the unaltered 90's VHS tapes. Everything about them definitely indicates they were a quick n' easy release though, from the lack of decent special features (what the hell am I gonna do with a Lego Star Wars demo that only plays on the original Xbox?) to the hilariously bad cover art.
    Earth. Atomizer. Let's go.

Blog Entries

yup I just watched empire and they are non-anamorphic which is just screaming as a huge "fuck you" by lucas. so basically you get to watch it in a tiny letterboxed version on your screen and for the most part the digital transfer is non-existant... it's not at all VHS quality obviously but zero effort was made in putting it on disc.

but of course they are actually, y'know, the original films without the bullshit so I'll take what I can get

Blog Entries

like i said in the HOME VIDEO thread, the despecialized fan editions that remove special edition changes to great effect are probably the closest things we're gonna get to a high def original version of the trilogy in a long time. they're so incredibly well made it kinda astounds me

Ill-Mannered Sack of Crap LosTickaToeRest's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, back when they came out the nerds on SW and general DVD forums were like "This is bullshit! Boycott these releases until we get proper ones!" but I went ahead and grabbed them because I figured Lucas would continue to be a dick. But it's like, with how completely perfunctory and cheap those releases were, do you really think he cares if you buy it or not?

Blog Entries

i'm kind of amazed he even released them at all considering his stance on them, but he did it in a way where he still got his way what with it being limited edition, poorly transferred and the like

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeMM95 View Post
    My point was, people are hating on Trevorrow for making a dumb popcorn flick but ignore the fact that Abrams is guilty of that too.
    those movies were written by bob orci and alex kurtzman. you know what else they've written? the transformers movies. this next star wars movie is being written by him and lawrence kasdan. aka, a guy who wrote for the OT movies too.

there's no writer for trevorrow's movie yet (outside of rian johnson writing the story) but i'd be surprised if trevorrow doesn't put his hands on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

i never even had the original trilogy of star wars on dvd. before the blu-ray all we had was the 1997 vcd which were probably the worst way to watch movies. before 2011 i could only watch them on a shit format that not all my players supported (and probably none do now, i'd have to check) cuz my dad had to get them asap and couldn't wait for dvd. each movie came on two discs i think. they're the only vcd movies i think we ever had

Blog Entries

all of the TFA promotional stuff is absolutely a rebuttal to fans' problems with the prequels so clearly disney has no issue with giving the middle finger to lucas as well, so I wonder if lucas still has final say on any of the exisiting films' home releases as per the terms of the buyout. it has to be the only explanation as to why disney didn't immediately order a remastered theatrical edition set. that would just print money like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by tormented View Post
    those movies were written by bob orci and alex kurtzman. you know what else they've written? the transformers movies. this next star wars movie is being written by him and lawrence kasdan. aka, a guy who wrote for the OT movies too.

there's no writer for trevorrow's movie yet (outside of rian johnson writing the story) but i'd be surprised if trevorrow doesn't put his hands on it.
    can trevorrow really do damage on it, anyways? this isn't a situation where lucas was king and could do whatever he damn well pleases, I'm pretty sure abrams, johnson, kasdan and co have a higher standing than him on any of the actual writing. and for the most part they're going to want to achieve a consistent look and feel throughout the new trilogy so honestly his hiring is a complete moot point for me. kind of feels like, "hey you get to put your name on this and have a little bit of creative freedom to do something star wars-related, but not too much."

Blog Entries

a 15-second "sneak peek" has debuted on instagram, but here it is via youtube

well, those last five seconds were pretty awesome

Blog Entries

vid's already private. that was fast

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

Yeah, I got pretty miffed when YT first told me to log in to view it and after I did, I see it's private all of a sudden.

Here's the instagram link:

https://instagram.com/p/65PhxOs_RH/

14. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan

Blog Entries

yea it disappeared from my facebook trends as well.

still on instagram. disney probably made an exclusive deal with them and probably flipped their shit when they saw the footage was also handed to the media.

Blog Entries

noticed the blue lightsaber is much more in line with the original look than the red sith one is. figured they'd all look like that

her cocoa is so chuggable PreciousBodilyFluids's Avatar

is the blue lightsaber (lol) the only new thing in this vid?

Blog Entries

the shot of rey and the ball droid is new i think

It seems like that blue lightsaber Finn is wielding is Anakin's (and later Luke's) from the previous movies.

And today is the official release day for the Episode VII merchandise ('Force Friday' as they apparently have dubbed it)

Blog Entries

i want this adorable thing right now

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

if there's a small robot version of one of those I will BUY it and CHERISH it

who fucking cares if I'm a 14 year old boy with a robot ball droid, I'll be running over your ass laughing all the way
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    father dies while son tinychats

Blog Entries

they effectively made an adorable, iconic territary (supposedly) comic relief character in star wars that people are already falling in love with and reacting positively towards

good so far

It's comforting to think that at no point will that droid ever say 'mesa name is BB-8' or anything but beep boop beep and maybe a WOOOOW

And I didn't even hate Jar Jar as much as most people do.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noodlesoup View Post
    if there's a small robot version of one of those I will BUY it and CHERISH it

who fucking cares if I'm a 14 year old boy with a robot ball droid, I'll be running over your ass laughing all the way
    that gif i posted is the small robot toy and i need it noooow

Blog Entries

Season 1: The humble beginnings -- Seasons 2-8: The classic era -- Season 9: The first season where noticeable flaws began to appear -- Season 10: The last decent season -- Season 11: The first BAD season -- Season 12: The last season with episodes worth watching -- Seasons 13-Present: Zombie Simpsons

Blog Entries

27. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Elliot76

Well, aged Han & Leia looks very odd, but it’s very impressive poster anyway. Hope it wouldn’t suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeydavis View Post
    Homer: Kids, there's three ways to do things; the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power way!
    Lisa: Isn't that the wrong way?
    Homer: Yeah, but faster!

It's a very busy poster, even compared with the ones of the previous six films, but it still looks very cool; two thumbs up.

(And it seems like the orange alien with the goggles next to R2 is the new character Maz Kanata).

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The poster is a bit too overcrowded for my taste, but it still looks cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Blog Entries

The orange/blue contrast on each side of the poster, as well as the mix of new and old characters with Captain Phasma at the bottom, makes this poster really badass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot76 View Post
    don't feel threatened by a dude who gargles mayonnaise

Now when I think of it, I wish they would have gotten Drew Struzan back to do this poster instead of the teaser one (this).

Thread Information