View Poll Results: What is your favorite Star Wars movie?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Episode I: The Phantom Menace

8 6.50%
  • Episode II: Attack Of The Clones

2 1.63%
  • Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith

8 6.50%
  • Episode IV: A New Hope

25 20.33%
  • Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

61 49.59%
  • Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi

15 12.20%
  • Episode VII: The Force Awakens

2 1.63%
  • Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

2 1.63%
  • Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

0 0%
Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1407

Thread: STAR WARS (untagged spoilers, yo)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Someone remove my vote so I can change it to A New Hope btw, that movie owns the other two OT films

My first impressions.

Over all I really enjoyed The Last Jedi, I'd probably place it third in my ranking of the Star Wars movies behind A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, while it does have some problems, I think a lot of crying of how it's the worst Star Wars movie is a bit petty. I guess on that subject I can begin with a couple of the complaints I had.

I think the movie could've used some trimming, the film felt like it had 2 climaxes and because of that the last 15 or so minutes feel more sluggish. I also really didn't understand what they were going for with Rose's line at the end. It's a really cheesy message about love which makes little to no sense as what Finn was about to do would've saved their friends and if Luke didn't do anything they likely would've died.  

Besides that though, I had minimal problems with The Last Jedi, and I loved a lot of the directions Rian Johnson took this movie, and made a movie that caught me off guard multiple times in a good way.   I guess a good way to start is that I'm glad a lot of the plot threads introduced in TFA that I was fearful of were rid of. I'm glad they just killed off Snoke, he really had no potential other than being another emperor and I'm glad attention can now be focused exclusively on Kylo Ren who's one of the best characters Star Wars has introduced in awhile. I'm also very glad Rey is just a random person who happens to be strong with the force as it was growing annoying how every major character had to be connected to another major character. In general I'd say this is one of the most emotionally rich installments they've done and I really found myself caring for Rey, Kylo, Poe, Luke, And Leia. I loved what they did with Rey and Kylo Ren and their performances really highlighted the conflict they felt and while I've heard some mourning over the loss of a lightsaber on lightsaber battle I felt that their duel with the guards more than made up for it.   I really want to say more but there was so much that I loved that it's hard to trace it all down. Over all though it's a great film and the hate is kinda ridiculous.

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Saw it. Thought it was pretty gud I suppose.

Blog Entries

meh film. lotta dumb stuff, some cool shots 2.5/5

TLJ will definitely be the last new star wars film I ever see

series just fills tired now

1/5
    "Don't waste your moments in life, you never know when you'll stop waking up." MARYAM ZAREI
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I'm a writer, I use people for what I write...let the world beware." CATHERINE TRAMELL

I liked "The Last Jedi" well enough, but it did feel a little long. I agree with previous comments about it feeling like it had more than one climax, and that contributed to the ending fatigue. I generally enjoyed the story and what they were going for with the characters and lore, and I appreciated some of the more humorous moments as well.

Some parts were clunky and didn't work as well as they could have. For example,  Leia flying back into the ship after the bridge was blown up  didn't bug me in terms of the general idea, because it's established that she's Force sensitive, and hey, abilities were pulled out of thin air even back in the original trilogy. Who's to say she can't do that? The visual looked a bit silly though, and that was distracting. I have no problem that the character did it, just that she looked weird and unintentionally comical in the way that it was presented.

I thought Luke's characterisation was fine and made sense. He's older, jades, and racked with guilt. Plus, he had his whiny and self-pitying moments in the original trilogy, so a more cynical take on that aspect of his character seemed appropriate. I enjoy Kylo Ren as a villain, though I hope he doesn't get redeemed as his grandfather was. It makes more sense, and would be a fresher approach, if he's a lost cause. I think that's truer to the character.

Definitely understand why it doesn't appeal to everyone, but I was satisfied enough with it.
    A little less Generic than before.

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax

This site's taste in Star Wars sucks. The first two Prequels are where it's at. Though I love the OT.

Revenge of the Shit sucks and the Disney movies are garbage.

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Andre

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

Very surprised it took them this long to release a trailer, let alone any promotional material, for a movie that is just a few months away by now. I wonder why the marketing team has been holding back.

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post

Very surprised it took them this long to release a trailer, let alone any promotional material, for a movie that is just a few months away by now. I wonder why the marketing team has been holding back.
    Considering The Last Jedi is still in theaters, they may have wanted to hold the Solo trailer to not take its thunder.

Really I'm surprised they're still sticking to the May date, I thought it was almost guaranteed they'd delay it to December.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

^^only good part of the trailer

looks intensely ok. what's with the lack of color. why couldn't this be different with humor. why does it just have to be mediocre and gritty
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

If this trailer didn't have Chewbacca in it I could've easily mistaken it for some weird Star Wars parody

I'm interested and intrigued, but I agree this feels like one that should be more lighthearted than gritty. Of course it should be badass - it's Han Solo, come on - but too much grit becomes corny in its own right.

One thing I'm a bit concerned about is that the Han Solo actor will overact to try and mimic Harrison Ford's Han. Judging by his scenes in the trailer, I feel that he's overdoing it with the smiling cockiness and arrogance.

Blog Entries

I liked the Rebels finale. Good show. I really dig how ~weird~ and out there the cartoons can get (the mortis arc, yoda on the force planet, the world between worlds, hyperspace whales). Looking forward to whatever the next one is

Blog Entries

Hopefully the next series takes place around The Force Awakens time period and we get more Kylo

Saw the Rebels finale recently too and I think it was great. I'm satisfied with both it and the show as a whole even though there are some missed opportunities here and there. I would like for the next series to be post-ROTJ, show the classic trilogy heroes and maybe wrap up some loose ends from Rebels (such as the major one from the end of the show about where  Ezra and Thrawn  went)

TLJ was so disappointing that it has turned me off the movies. They way they did Luke was an insult and no, it made no sense. I think the people who like TLJ are the same kind of people who think The Simpsons are now as good as they were in the early 90s.

I haven't been on this site in a while and I don't remember how to mark the spoilers thing, I don't know if by now going into detail is still considered spoilers. I really disliked the movie, terrible writing.
    Having such a vast vocabulary really embiggens my pride

4>3>2>6>7>5>8>9>1>10>12>11>14>15>16>13> the rest I don't know how to organize but they share the quality of not being as good as S13 to me

Blog Entries

Someone pls change my poll vote here to tlj thanku!

Blog Entries

lol
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Blog Entries

"the way they did Luke was an insult and made no sense" like what. gonna request some clarification here, cuz i dunno it seemed Hamill was fine with it, is even willing to appear in further movies. it's like saying the way they did Han Solo was an insult and made no sense

Blog Entries

Luke was a damn badass man. ok sure the bit with him and kylo ren ripped off ninja gaiden but it was still fuckin badass

a whiz with cold drinks Frightened Inmate No. 2's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yeah this is the best star wars movie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Sandford II View Post
    While not humorous, would be cool if someone actually put this in their sig.

Blog Entries

Last Jedi was pretty bad. Definitely worst of the Disney films. But Rey and Kylo kinda were pretty good in it.

Quote Originally Posted by brad little View Post
    "the way they did Luke was an insult and made no sense" like what. gonna request some clarification here, cuz i dunno it seemed Hamill was fine with it, is even willing to appear in further movies. it's like saying the way they did Han Solo was an insult and made no sense
    He wasn't fine with it, when he signed on he was told something different from what Rian ended up writing. Hamill even said that the Jedi don't give up, OK, he was doing his job, as he said he didn't own the character so whatever.

still, it made no sense to the character, Luke always represented hope, here he was the total opposite. He was the person who risked his life to save his dad because he felt some good in him, and decades later, when he was meant to be wiser, he gives up because he felt evil in his nephew, I could even understand the he for a second had a moment of weakness and considered killing him in is sleep, but after Kylo had the time to destroy and kill everyone while he was apparently unconscious, he just doesn't try to stop Kylo and Snoke?

He claims he wants the Jedi to end so the Sith don't come back, but how about at least stop the current threat he apparently created with a mistake he made one time for a few seconds? I mean he says he went to that island to die, but why doesn't at least he die trying to kill Snoke or even Kylo, who was killing countless while Luke was just moping around.

It didn't make sense. way too many contradictions in the whole movie. Luke's treatment was only one of the many flaws in it. I understand people can enjoy it, the movie looks amazing, the cinematography was wonderful, but the script was really bad, really weak.

a whiz with cold drinks Frightened Inmate No. 2's Avatar
    Blog Entries

sometimes people change over the course of 35 years

30. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax

New 'Solo' trailer dropped a few days ago. Best of the trailers yet and the one that grabbed my attention the most.

Professional Teleporter Mícheál's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To be honest, Solo doesn't look as interesting as some of the other new movies. But to be fair, TFA and TLJ are sequels (so of course they're interesting) and Rogue One was clearly linked to the rest of Star Wars.

Solo however, it seems to be about an even we know nothing about already, so there's nothing that we can obviously link it to when it comes to the rest of the movies. The most interesting thing to me in the trailer, is how the Millennium Falcon looked when it was new.
    "I may or may not die young. I haven't decided yet."

Went and watched Solo some days back with pretty low expectations. I've heard it's gotten overall middling reviews and it's said to be just ok/alright/mediocre overall so I was skeptical but I surprisingly ended up enjoying a lot and thought it was a blast (definitely a good, fun action-adventure) so I have to disagree with the majority of reviews and word of mouth; I'd say I liked it a little better than Rogue One.

Anyone else around seen it and care to share their opinions?

Thread Information