View Poll Results: What is your favorite Star Wars movie?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Episode I: The Phantom Menace

8 6.61%
  • Episode II: Attack Of The Clones

2 1.65%
  • Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith

8 6.61%
  • Episode IV: A New Hope

25 20.66%
  • Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

61 50.41%
  • Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi

14 11.57%
  • Episode VII: The Force Awakens

2 1.65%
  • Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

1 0.83%
  • Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

0 0%
Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: STAR WARS (untagged spoilers, yo)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Banned
    standing atop the ruins of OSS' crushed dreams

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolerSimpsons View Post
    (Sigh) No James Earl Jones
    Hey, at least there's no Hayden Christensen as his force ghost. Small blessings.

direct floor engagement steamed_hamms's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Spruce Moose View Post
    Apologies to the two people on the planet who are interested in a 30 year old film but haven't seen it yet.
    and have managed to avoid spoilers so far in their lives

Blog Entries

awesome cast.

I was slightly hoping for billy dee, but no big loss. I have to imagine that luke, leia and han will be more in the background while the younger main cast gets the most play.

but honestly, I really don't care for details very much since I didn't see lucas' name anywhere there. boom. movie will be good.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Hired Goon

It's not enough to just go "RAWWWWGGG GRAHHHH" you have to deliver the context and make the audience feel it, you philistine.
    Actually, Chewbacca (at least in Episode IV) really had written lines that Peter Mayhew performed on the set, which would be replaced with growls or whatever. Kind of like how David Prowse actually performed Vader's dialogue in the suit even though Jones was going to dub it later.

Also just because some actors haven't been confirmed doesn't necessarily mean they won't appear. They didn't confirm the entire cast today. Maybe some actors are still negotiating.

Heh the guy from Girls....I hope Bill Weasley kicks his ass.

New cast seems interesting. Obviously can't say much on the mostly unknowns but it's nice to have a cast list finally.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

i honestly don't want loads of nostalgia cameos in this movie
    happy with the current returners as they are

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Journey's End from Doctor Who springs to mind as a perfect reason why you shouldn't cram old characters into a script.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

Professional Burger Stealer Krusty Burglar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ah man, this is a great cast! Can't wait to see them all together again!

Also, in other news, it seems like the Expanded Universe of Star Wars (i.e the books, video games, etc) have been declared non-canon:
    http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2014/04/...-is-non-canon/
    Star Wars may just be the dominant franchise that towers over all others. Ever since Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope released almost forty years ago in 1977 the series’ popularity just hasn’t died down. In fact outside of the current six films there have been various books, games, comics and TV shows that have added to the lore of what makes up this series, known as the Expanded Universe. However, Lucasfilm has now come out and declared everything that isn’t one of the cinema releases or the Clone Wars TV show as non-canon, as in they do not belong in the official Star Wars lore.

This move includes the Star Wars: Force Unleashed games, Knights Of The Old Republic 1 & 2, The Old Republic, Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2, Star Wars Tie Fighter, X-Wing, Rebel Assault, Starfighter and Star Wars Galaxies. All of these stories that you may have had experience with over the last couple of decades no longer count as part of the canon. Going forward though any new games that will be produced, including the new Battlefront, will be canonised.

Lucasfilm’s President Kathleen Kennedy spoke about the move.

“We have an unprecedented slate of new Star Wars entertainment on the horizon. We’re set to bring Star Wars back to the big screen, and continue the adventure through games, books, comics, and new formats that are just emerging. This future of interconnected storytelling will allow fans to explore this galaxy in deeper ways than ever before.”

Anything that was part of the original Expanded Universe will have some influence on future releases, but stories won’t be directly implemented. The older titles will now have a Legends banner to differentiate between what is canon, and what is non-canon. So to recap, the films, Star Wars The Clone Wars and the upcoming Rebels TV shows, future books, and games will be canon. Everything else is not.

Blog Entries

fucking good
    a lot of that stuff is woeful. really enjoying disney's handling of star wars *thus far* but we'll see how these movies pan out, eh

does that include the Christmas Special?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Hutz View Post
    does that include the Christmas Special?
    Eeehhh. I wish, but, sadly, I think it's still canon.

Blog Entries

because I'm sure episode 7 will devote at least a good third to spending life day on kashyyyk

it better bring back Harvey Korman from beyond the grave

The only thing that makes me sad about the canon stuff is that Jedi Starfighter isn't canon now and I fucking love that game.

This is good news, though, it makes it simple. And I suddenly have the urge to suffer a playthrough of Shadows of the Empire.

Blog Entries

Apologies to the two people on the planet who are interested in a 30 year old film but haven't seen it yet.
    Apology accepted. I need to watch the original trilogy at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    I'd reply but I've reached my quota of daily Kid Moe thumbs.

Edit: damn it

Blog Entries

Also, KotR I and II, and the Battlefronts. Those games were great.

Blog Entries

none of the eu stuff was really "canon" to begin with since there's like five different levels of canon

Curiouser and curiouser MindQuad's Avatar

The cast looks pretty decent and all, but I can't get that excited with J.J Abrams directing. I mean he's a fine director and all, I enjoyed Super 8 and the Star Trek films, but c'mon, his Star Trek films basically WERE Star Wars. He makes good, big loud and shiny action flicks but I would have liked to see someone new and unknown handle this and really do something special with it. Were basically guaranteed to get your typical Abrams-esque flick here, probably similar to his Star Trek stuff only set in the Star Wars universe.

And seriously, why give the same guy Star Wars and Star Trek? Seems kinda stupid to me.

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hammster View Post
    fucking good
    a lot of that stuff is woeful.
    Yet a lot of people are really upset with this; many comments on the YouTube announcement video have essentially been of the "F U Disney!" kind and I bet Disney and Lucasfilms are getting lots of threats sent to them (I saw it being bound to happen at some point after Disney aquired Lucasfilm but it seems like all the complainers thought the EU was sacred and untouchable).

Personally, I like some of the EU stuff I've read and so forth and even though it's a bit sad to it all be tucked away like this, it opens up a lot of new unhindered possibilites for the upcoming films and such. The EU was never the most important aspect of Star Wars to me, even though it had some good stuff, so I don't make a huge deal about this non-canonization thing like so many others do.

Hired Goon

Quote Originally Posted by kupomog View Post
    The only thing that makes me sad about the canon stuff is that Jedi Starfighter isn't canon now and I fucking love that game.

This is good news, though, it makes it simple. And I suddenly have the urge to suffer a playthrough of Shadows of the Empire.
    I loved SotE back in the day. That was one of our first N64 games actually, after Zelda and Banjo-Kazooie. I remember fucking around with all the different cheat codes and such. The game was a little clunky but great.

in the middle of a hoedown eric's Avatar

oh man, adam from GIRLS is one of the villains in the new movie? hah, good for him

In other news, Episode VII officially starts filming today:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1794795

Also, JJ Abrams adds two actresses to the cast (and people who've complained about the lack of females in the film rejoiced):
    http://www.tracking-board.com/j-j-ab...for-star-wars/

Blog Entries

Saw one of those tabloid-style links you see on buzzfeed and shit saying "New pics of Darth Vader from episode vii!" And i said to myself "why would that even be a thing? Who thinks he is going to be in the movie at all? hes been dead for 30 years."

Blog Entries

from this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfNiC9iKM0Q

i got way too excited by a gif of an alien with two beards

25. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Dark Homer

Blog Entries

Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back is my favorite Star Wars. Glad to see the its winning the poll by a margin
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Quote Originally Posted by hammster View Post

from this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfNiC9iKM0Q

i got way too excited by a gif of an alien with two beards
    I watched that vid several minutes ago on another site and look, a new non-CGI puppet alien! I guess that's why I, along with others such as you, got a bit excited.

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Am I the only one who thinks Stars Wars VI is one of the best? My favorite is Star Wars V, then followed by VI.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Blog Entries

yes, it is "one of the best"
    one of the three best

Blog Entries

Empire is definitely the best. I'd say A New Hope and Return of the Jedi are about on par.

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would rank it like this:

Star Wars V: 10/10
    Star Wars VI: 10/10
    Star Wars III: 9.5/10 (Minus for terrible computer graphics)
    Star Wars IV: 9/10
    Star Wars II: 6/10 (Could have been so much better, but was ruined by cringeworthy moments and bad dialogue)
    Star Wars I: 3/10 (Overly childish, stupid, awful, but worst of all, completely unnecessary)

Thread Information