View Poll Results: What is your favorite Star Wars movie?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Episode I: The Phantom Menace

8 6.61%
  • Episode II: Attack Of The Clones

2 1.65%
  • Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith

8 6.61%
  • Episode IV: A New Hope

25 20.66%
  • Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

61 50.41%
  • Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi

14 11.57%
  • Episode VII: The Force Awakens

2 1.65%
  • Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

1 0.83%
  • Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

0 0%
Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: STAR WARS (untagged spoilers, yo)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Hired Goon

In August 2013, it was announced that cinematographer Daniel Mindel will be shooting the film on 35 mm film (specifically Kodak 5219),[37] and that the film would rely on the employment of real locations and scale models over computer-generated imagery, in order to make the film aesthetically similar to the original Star Wars trilogy.

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

At least Abrams is on the right track; more real environments and muppets!

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's buuuberry! View Post
    I think Sith is genuinely enjoyable so...pat me?
    Yes, let's all pat buuberry (But you don't like Clones or Menace?)

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like parts of them, aspects of them.

Blog Entries

the dialogue is all kinds of horrible, and most of the plot is... but the action scenes are genuinely good

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    the action scenes are genuinely good
    The last 30 minutes of Clones with the Geonosis battle is pretty awesome (it's prolly my least favorite film of the six, though).

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I swear I nearly said the last 30 minutes on Geonosis were the best in my previous response, I almost did.

BTW, in later years I've thought up/wished for a scenario where Mace Windu leads a few other jedi and troops into underground Geonosian catacombs after some of the seperatists, say Gunray and miscellaneous others. We'd get that plot intercut with Anakin, Yoda and Obi Wan pursuing Dooku which would play out as that did. The Windu plot would be something of a mini horror film though, with a mysterious force picking off some of the clones, a jedi or two, before finally being revealed to be General Grievous escaping with the separatists as Windu can only look on. I know Grievous wasn't even thought up until later, but that woulda been awesome!...well in my head at least

a whiz with cold drinks Frightened Inmate No. 2's Avatar
    Blog Entries

the acting and dialogue is kind of bad in all the movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Sandford II View Post
    While not humorous, would be cool if someone actually put this in their sig.

Blog Entries

not really.

Banned
    Blog Entries

My favorite is The Empire Strikes Back, but the others arent bad either. I actually dont mind the prequels that much. I admit Attack Of The Clones arent that great though.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CousinItt View Post
    I'd like to personally give anyone who comes up to me and legitimately considers the Prequel trilogy not to be garbage/shit/etc. some friendly pats on the back.
    Revenge of the Sith was a good film but wasn't exactly up there with the timeless classic original trilogy, it had parts with horrible dialogue and badly written scenes. The majority of it was good though unlike the first 2 prequels, I felt that if George Lucas wasn't in full control the film would have been just as good as the classics. Alas that was not the case.

I think they should go back and remake the prequel trilogy.

a whiz with cold drinks Frightened Inmate No. 2's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i like the original trilogy, but i don't see how anyone can watch it and think, "wow, that was a really well-acted movie."

Banned
    Blog Entries

It's the storyline, characters and the theme that does it for me. I've been watching the original trilogy since I was 3 years old and it still hasn't gotten old for me, we lost the unaltered VHS ones when I was 7 and I was stuck with the altered DVD ones for years. Only recently have I got them back and watched them. Even the minor tweaks that were done still ruined the whole theme in general (e.g. the 'teasing' robot scene which I found disgustingly childish).

Quote Originally Posted by Homer I Am View Post
    I think they should go back and remake the prequel trilogy.
    No. Just no. No remakes. Despite it's quality, it's about time to leave the Prequel trilogy behind and move on to the upcoming Sequel trilogy.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 10-13-2013 at 03:38 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

When did I say they should abandon the sequels to make the prequels? They could do it after.

You missed my point. I never said anything about abandoning the sequels, I meant that people spend so much time talking & complaining about how bad the prequels are (and sometimes even suggesting that they should be remade) and I think that they should move on to talk about the sequels instead and stop yapping about the prequels. It's time to focus our attentions to the upcoming movies instead of dwelling in the past.

And by the way, my main point was that no remakes, period; too many movies are being remade these days and more are coming up. I personally think that we don't need remakes of the Star Wars movies, but if Lucas wants any of them to be remade, albeit highly unlikely, then fine; if it's his wish to remake them, then so be it (if Disney wants them remade, then they'll have to ask him for permission first).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 01-20-2014 at 01:45 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Well I've already talked enough about the sequels and I really have nothing else to say other than the thing I just said about the prequels.

Yes, but most movies that Are being remade today were already good enough to not be remade. The prequels weren't good strong enough at all, they need to be remade with better structured story-telling, better characterisation and better dialogue.

Zombies Rise from the Sea

Quote Originally Posted by Homer I Am View Post
    Yes, but most movies that Are being remade today were already good enough to not be remade. The prequels weren't good strong enough at all, they need to be remade with better structured story-telling, better characterisation and better dialogue.
    I think the entire scripts need to be rewritten in addition to less CGI and action sequences, which would only be possible in an alternate universe.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Yes, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's buuuberry! View Post
    BTW, in later years I've thought up/wished for a scenario where Mace Windu leads a few other jedi and troops into underground Geonosian catacombs after some of the seperatists, say Gunray and miscellaneous others. We'd get that plot intercut with Anakin, Yoda and Obi Wan pursuing Dooku which would play out as that did. The Windu plot would be something of a mini horror film though, with a mysterious force picking off some of the clones, a jedi or two, before finally being revealed to be General Grievous escaping with the separatists as Windu can only look on. I know Grievous wasn't even thought up until later, but that woulda been awesome!...well in my head at least
    We kind of got something like that in the 'Legacy Of Terror' episode of The Clone Wars (the one where Obi-Wan and and Anakin leads a squad of clones in search of a Jedi master who was captured when going after the Geonosian separatist leader in the underground catacombs in some horror-esque scenes).

But yeah, I completely understand what you are talking about. It would have been pretty sweet with a scenario like that

Banned
    Blog Entries

And what does that have to do with Star Wars? If you were aiming it as a comment at something in the thread, I don't think I quite get it.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Just bumping the thread.
    Last edited by Must Kill Moe; 10-17-2013 at 11:37 PM.

Oh, I see. I was just sort of confounded by the pic and the fact that you said nothing more (I'm just used to that a reason why the thread is bumped, like a question or an attempt at a new discussion, usually follows the 'bump' statement itself).

Banned

It must be said that whilst most of the prequels suck, the Maul vs. Qui Gon & Obi-Wan fight is one of the best in all 6 films

Temporary Talking Head Suomynona's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalStonecutter View Post
    It must be said that whilst most of the prequels suck, the Maul vs. Qui Gon & Obi-Wan fight is one of the best in all 6 films
    Say what you will about the prequels, but I thought the duels in the prequels were so much more awesome than the ones in the original trilogy. The lightsaber fights in the Original trilogy were good, and they did have a tense atmosphere that I would like to see matched in the sequels. But the prequels just ramped up the epicness of these battles, and it's exactly how I imagined a lightsaber duel would feel like.

Blog Entries

the prequel duels make no sense. they just fling the swords at the other swords and make sparks fly. in the originals nobody was afraid to cut off body parts swiftly.

Professional Burger Stealer Krusty Burglar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So I guess they finished the script for VII, and Jesse Plemons (AKA Todd from Breaking Bad) is in talks to be in the movie.

So Pixar might do a Star Wars film?:

http://latino-review.com/2014/01/pix...wars-universe/

Interesting rumor.

Banned
    standing atop the ruins of OSS' crushed dreams

Quote Originally Posted by handsome_devil View Post
    the prequel duels make no sense. they just fling the swords at the other swords and make sparks fly. in the originals nobody was afraid to cut off body parts swiftly.
    Agreed. I always thought the Maul V Obi Wan duel looked more like the Ballet than a frenzied swordfight.

30. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Nicky

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Obi Wan v Anakin is far worse for that
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist