View Poll Results: What is your favorite Star Wars movie?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Episode I: The Phantom Menace

8 6.50%
  • Episode II: Attack Of The Clones

2 1.63%
  • Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith

8 6.50%
  • Episode IV: A New Hope

25 20.33%
  • Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

61 49.59%
  • Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi

15 12.20%
  • Episode VII: The Force Awakens

2 1.63%
  • Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

2 1.63%
  • Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

0 0%
Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1407

Thread: STAR WARS (untagged spoilers, yo)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

the best thing about the whole mary sue idiocy is when you dig into the history of the term and find out that a woman made the term up to satirically skewer what she viewed as self-degregation by her fellow female star trek fanfic writers. that, and the fact that arguably the biggest "mary sue" in cinematic history is a man: tommy wiseau's johnny in "the room".
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

The prequels were not that bad. I liked 2 and 3, and I thought 1 was ok. Jar Jar Binks sucked, though.
    Rest assured that I was on the Internet within minutes, registering my disgust throughout the world.

Beyond the point of no return Xaiv's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This attitude toward Rey is fucking atrocious. They're still going to make a boatload of money from merch but this is the sort of issue modern day feminists should be fighting against. Rey is easily my favorite character from Episode VII and the fact that she's being excluded from these toys is just screaming that girls can't be cool heroes when they fucking CAN BE but you have to give them the chance to be admired and not shunned. Then again, the almighty dollar is the bottom line... not making memorable, cool, unique heroes.

Shit like this just boils my blood. I don't think boys are worried about the fact she's a girl unless you're making a big deal that she's a girl. Ugh. Fucking idiots. If I were Daisy Ridley, I would be livid.

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

you think disney would capitalise on the shit ton of merch money they could get from making stuff of rey

it's not even a good business model, not producing toys of rey at a huge loss to potential money

Beyond the point of no return Xaiv's Avatar
    Blog Entries

no, there's definitely no young girls that like star wars. it's for boys. come on now.

6. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Torrens

Blog Entries

yeah it's an action film so girls are banned from seeing it

they say they've got a secret club where 50 girls at a time go into a room and watch star wars but it's never been proven
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    father dies while son tinychats

Blog Entries

its not like rey was the main character or anything.

seriously though, if they want to make the most money why wouldn't they make merch of her. they sell kids stuff with pictures of a villain who killed his dad but not of the hero of the film.

Don't know why they would care about if boys or girls watch more anyway because hordes of grown ass men are usually the ones buying toys out of stock for collecting/reselling anyway and why the hell wouldn't they all want a Rey or five?
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

Reminds me of something I read on io9 a few years ago, in regards to the cancellation of shows like Young Justice. "Girls don't buy the toys."
    🔮Marianne Williamson 2020🔮

11. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Torrens

Yep I and many other fans are still pissed about that. Show was great and the upcoming story line was highly anticipated, and then boom, show is gone. Lots of ladies watched, because the show was great and all but characters like M'gann and Artemis and Black Canary and the rest of the gals were just damn wonderful to watch in action with the usual guys, especially in that iteration.

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    I've seen most of it, skipped Jar Jar episode trash, droid episode trash, and whatnot.
    Interestingly, I think the Jar Jar episodes actually improved the character and had a much better portrayal of him than in the movies (and the two droid episodes with R2 & 3PO in the fourth season were possibly the funniest couple of episodes).

14. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Torrens

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    Interestingly, I think the Jar Jar episodes actually improved the character and had a much better portrayal of him than in the movies (and the two droid episodes with R2 & 3PO in the fourth season were possibly the funniest couple of episodes).
    Jar Jar sharing the screen with Grevious Grievous was comedy gold, I loved that whole episode. I also loved the two parter in the final season, teaming Jar Jar with Mace Windu.
    UP AND ATOM!

Blog Entries

I know that these are real episodes of a show that not only happened, but people really liked... yet still when I read these comments I can't peel myself away from immediately reading it as self-parody.

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    Hmmm, well that is interesting, but I'd still say not for me.

Blog Entries

I'm only half way through season 2 of clone wars and its pretty great, season 1 was very hit and miss but season 2 has been consistently great. As for Jar Jar they definitely did improve him to be a tolerable character in the few episodes he's been in, his clumsiness now actually helps out the other characters and he seems to be self aware now. Not a great character still but not terrible imo

Blog Entries

What are the best episodes of clone wars? My interest is piqued but no way am I going to watch an entire six seasons' worth

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    What are the best episodes of clone wars? My interest is piqued but no way am I going to watch an entire six seasons' worth
    Depends, do you just want the best episodes period or do you want the episodes that are both good and build on the movies (major plot points, characters, etc)?

---

For just generally good episodes, I'd suggest:
    Rookies
    Umbara arc: Darkness on Umbara, The General, Plan of Dissent, Carnage of Krell
    Lightsaber Lost
    Rako Hardeen arc - Deception, Friends and Enemies, The Box, Crisis on Naboo - just a fun arc where Obi-Wan goes undercover. Reminded me of You Only Live Twice in that he fakes his death.

For episodes that build on plot points from the movies, I'd suggest:
    Boba Fett arc: Death Trap, R2 Come Home, Lethal Trackdown - Boba gets his revenge on Mace Windu
    Yoda arc: The Lost One, Voices, Destiny, Sacrifice - explains force ghosts, who ordered the clone army
    Fives arc: The Unknown, Conspiracy, Fugitive, Orders - explains the Order 66 protocol
    Heroes on Both Sides - explores why good people joined the Separatists
    Mortis arc: Overlords, Altar of Mortis, Ghosts of Mortis - controversial episode that is pretty mindbending and explores the force, Qui-Gon and Anakin's mom cameo (or do they!?)
    Tarkin arc: The Citadel, Counter Attack, Citadel Rescue - Tarkin's introduction to the series, shows how he and Anakin came to respect one another
    Chewbacca arc: Padawan Lost, Wookie Hunt - not vital viewing, but it is cool seeing Chewbacca in the series
    A War on Two Fronts, Frontrunners, The Soft War, Tipping Points - a look at how the Republic supported what would later become a Rebel cel

I totally skipped over some arcs that feature great characters. Anything with Hondo Ohnaka, Cad Bane, and the whole Ventress/Maul/Savage multi-arc series I really enjoyed. There are also some essential Ahsoka episodes that are great, especially season fives finale episodes, but to appreciate them I feel you'd have to be watching the whole series through.
    Last edited by Captain Squid; 01-24-2016 at 07:13 AM.

Blog Entries

More of the latter, I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    More of the latter, I suppose
    Cool, updated my post with a bunch that you can cherry pick from. Personally, I love the whole series. Season 1 is hit or miss, mainly because they play it safe and treat the show more as a kids show. But later seasons, especially 4-6, go very dark and take on some stuff you'd never expect them to from seeing season 1. Season 2 is a personal favorite of mine just because its such a varied season and there are a lot of bounty hunters.

Blog Entries

Thanks!

Blog Entries

I should probably watch Clone Wars aswell at some point, I heard a lot of good things about it and that while I don't even think that low of the prequels. Though I'd prefer to just watch at the beginning and watch them in order.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    I should probably watch Clone Wars aswell at some point, I heard a lot of good things about it and that while I don't even think that low of the prequels. Though I'd prefer to just watch at the beginning and watch them in order.
    I suggest the chronological order, as there are several character arcs that pay off and play out much better than in production order.

Blog Entries

i thought you guys were talking about the 2d clone wars until you said six seasons. iirc that was pretty good but i was probably way too easy to impress then. never seen the CG series

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

@Captain Squid's recommendations list is a good one and one I think you who are interested in watching the show should look at; a lot of those are some of the best arcs of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    I suggest the chronological order, as there are several character arcs that pay off and play out much better than in production order.
    Speaking of the chronological order, here's a listing of that on the official SW.com site:

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wa...er?repeat=w3tc

Quote Originally Posted by handsome_devil View Post
    i thought you guys were talking about the 2d clone wars until you said six seasons. iirc that was pretty good but i was probably way too easy to impress then. never seen the CG series
    The Clone Wars (3D series) was initially advertised as a followup to Clone Wars (2D series, didn't have the "The"), and the 3D series actually fits quite well with Chapters 1-21 acting is a prelude and Chapters 22-25 acting as a conclusion and segue to Revenge of the Sith. Both series share several character designs and voice actors, and Ventress plays a major part in both. The 2D series is good, though I feel that people overplay how good it is, especially in relation to The Clone Wars. It's probably the Tartakovsky fanboys who are overhyping it.

Blog Entries

lol ytube ads accidentally leaked a trailer for a new lego star wars games based on force awakens

Blog Entries

those fucking character models daaaaaamn

Welp, would play. Played the other ones and liked 'em just fine, I'm sure it'll be more of the same, not necessarily a bad thing for some games.

Hired Goon

Want. There's a "deluxe edition" for PS4 that has a Finn minifig and comes with a season pass. Sounds tempting

I’ll just leave this here:

Thread Information