View Poll Results: What is your favorite Star Wars movie?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Episode I: The Phantom Menace

8 6.61%
  • Episode II: Attack Of The Clones

2 1.65%
  • Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith

8 6.61%
  • Episode IV: A New Hope

25 20.66%
  • Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

61 50.41%
  • Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi

14 11.57%
  • Episode VII: The Force Awakens

2 1.65%
  • Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

1 0.83%
  • Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

0 0%
Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: STAR WARS (untagged spoilers, yo)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

much of the early ewok stuff is also patience trying...

What bothers me is Han Solo in the third film. He's no longer a badass rogue, he's the comic relief. His relationship with Leia is more or less concrete so we don't have their back-and-forth to enjoy.

Then again I don't like anything about how their relationship is treated. First he mistakenly assumes Leia 'loves' Luke - after she risked her life to save him.

Then when she confronts him about it, he just rolls over like a puppy with a noseful of it's own piss... "I won't get in the way." You could argue it's a testament to how much he loves her, but still, seems like a wuss move for the character we've seen the last two films.

Quote Originally Posted by pcarrion View Post
    What bothers me is Han Solo in the third film. He's no longer a badass rogue, he's the comic relief. His relationship with Leia is more or less concrete so we don't have their back-and-forth to enjoy.

Then again I don't like anything about how their relationship is treated. First he mistakenly assumes Leia 'loves' Luke - after she risked her life to save him.

Then when she confronts him about it, he just rolls over like a puppy with a noseful of it's own piss... "I won't get in the way." You could argue it's a testament to how much he loves her, but still, seems like a wuss move for the character we've seen the last two films.
    I honestly think Han's insecurity and jealousy of Leia's feelings for Luke are very human and believable and make him a much more well rounded character.

Han having a vunerable emotional side to his character hardly makes him a 'wuss'

Meh, I would rather he died at the end of ESB.

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    Honestly I m bored by much of the first thirty minutes of Jedi(outside the Vader opening). It has some good lines/bits but the movie doesn't really get going, for me, until my favorite badass Emperor appears.

much of the early ewok stuff is also patience trying...
    Quote Originally Posted by Krusty Burglar View Post
    I used to hate Jedi up until the whole operation to destroy the 2nd Death Star. I always used to find it too boring.
    I loved all that stuff with wierd creatures and aliens (an important part of Star Wars) so of course I ate it up and never thought that it wasted time or was boring (still don't); the Rancor and Sarlacc battle scenes are classics to this day (and I suppose that famous metal bikini is too...).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pcarrion View Post
    Meh, I would rather he died at the end of ESB.
    honestly i agree with this. harrison ford was i think totally dead-on in his feeling that a main cast member death would've created more tension, and solo doesn't do much in jedi anyway.

Banned
    standing atop the ruins of OSS' crushed dreams

The Jabba the Hutt plotline is probably my favourite segment of Jedi. Barring the moment where Luke loses his shit and attacks Vader like a wild dog, the sail barge assault is pretty much the best moment in the film imo. Luke goes 100% badass in that moment.

Apparently Boba Fett survived being eaten by the Sarlacc Beast

Always found that utter bullshit myself, a much better explanation now is that a clone(s) Fett is the one that appeared in the expanded universe comics and novels set years after ROTJ.

Speaking about Boba Fett, did you guys hear what they said about the proposed Boba spin-off idea where they would retcon the character with a "man with no name" killing the original Boba seen in the prequels, stealing his armor and donning it, turning the character back into the mysterious one he was back in the classic trilogy?

Professional Burger Stealer Krusty Burglar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If that is what happens, at least he's killing prequel Boba and not classic Boba.

Star Wars: Episode VII

If there's a thread about this already then let me know, since I didn't really see any I decided to open this one.

So, who here in this forum is excited about the film or want to share opinions or information or whatever related to this new installment. Personally I am quite excited about it.
    Having such a vast vocabulary really embiggens my pride

4>3>2>6>7>5>8>9>1>10>12>11>14>15>16>13> the rest I don't know how to organize but they share the quality of not being as good as S13 to me

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm... kind of excited for it, but I really, really, really hope they won't fuck it up. I'm not that worried about J.J. Abrams directing, since the only movie I've seen from him is "Super 8" (which was decent, but not as good as I hoped for), but on the other hand, I'm suspicious about Disney's involvement. I really hope they won't cutify it!
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Professional Burger Stealer Krusty Burglar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm the same as OSS, I'm kinda excited. But if they screw it up as bad as Episodes I and II, then ooh boy.

Hired Goon

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Burns View Post
    If there's a thread about this already then let me know
    There's a thread already, so I just merged them together instead of closing yours.

Curiouser and curiouser MindQuad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolerSimpsons View Post
    I'm... kind of excited for it, but I really, really, really hope they won't fuck it up. I'm not that worried about J.J. Abrams directing, since the only movie I've seen from him is "Super 8" (which was decent, but not as good as I hoped for), but on the other hand, I'm suspicious about Disney's involvement. I really hope they won't cutify it!
    Cutify it? How can they possibly cutify it more than Lucas himself did…Ewoks, annoying young Anakain, Jar Jar Binks, etc. Just awful.

Blog Entries

I saw J.J. Abrams' Star Trek and honestly I didn't like it. I'm not exactly a Star Trek fan but I don't like how everything is so in-your-face and actionized for the sake of appealing to the dumb masses. I also hated the shaky-cam cinematography which felt really out of place. It's made me very wary of what Abrams may do with Star Wars but I guess it can't be much worse than the prequels.
    Season 1: The humble beginnings -- Seasons 2-8: The classic era -- Season 9: The first season where noticeable flaws began to appear -- Season 10: The last decent season -- Season 11: The first BAD season -- Season 12: The last season with episodes worth watching -- Seasons 13-Present: Zombie Simpsons

direct floor engagement steamed_hamms's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Impressive. They even got Andy Serkis and Max Von Sydow aboard; that's cool (but where's Billy Dee Williams?)

Blog Entries

my completely unsubstantiated theory is that daisy ridley is playing han and leia's daughter and will be the protagonist (based on the fact she is sitting between them both in that picture)
    and luke has to pop his head in obviously

i also like the fact that chewie has to be at the table read

By the way, should we assume Serkis will be playing a mo-cap character (since that's the type of role he's known for)?

Hired Goon

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    By the way, should we assume Serkis will be playing a mo-cap character (since that's the type of role he's known for)?
    Fingers crossed for Jar-Jar Binks Jr

Banned
    Blog Entries

here's what J.J. Abrams said "everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud"

Blog Entries

i love how most of them are just chatting but chewbacca is properly contemplating his lines

Hired Goon

I am glad to hear that the main trio (plus Artoo, Threepio, and Chewie!) are confirmed to be returning finally. I know it was already a forgone conclusion, but seeing it be made official is pretty great. Also the new cast looks great. I'm getting surprisingly excited for this movie, considering I've always been a casual fan at best.

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hammster View Post
    i love how most of them are just chatting but chewbacca is properly contemplating his lines
    It's not enough to just go "RAWWWWGGG GRAHHHH" you have to deliver the context and make the audience feel it, you philistine.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

Blog Entries

(Sigh) No James Earl Jones

Blog Entries

Well Vader's a little bit too dead to be in the 7th film...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Spruce Moose View Post
    I know, I know, I just miss his melancholy dark voice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Spruce Moose View Post
    spoilers

Blog Entries

Apologies to the two people on the planet who are interested in a 30 year old film but haven't seen it yet.

Thread Information