Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia discussion thread!

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Nintendo Dance Party! ManiacalRoboKiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia discussion thread!

Here's to discuss this wonderful gem of a show! Also some season 8 info: http://itsalwayssunny.wikia.com/wiki/Season_8

Official Synopsis

This season, stay tuned to see the Gang go to therapy, hunt for Nazi treasure and try to undermine Philly’s toughest union – the trashmen! Charlie and Dee find love, Frank re-enters the business world, and Dee blurs the lines between the real and virtual worlds when she falls into an obsession with computer games. Get ready for even more disagreements, disunion and divisiveness as the Gang tries once again to scheme their way to happiness!

Episodes

In the season premiere, the South Philly waste management workers go on strike -- and the garbage just starts piling up. True to form, the Gang decides to take advantage of the situation... and of the rich folks who are willing to fork over tons of cash to get the trash out of their lives. [1]

Mac discovers he is the object of attention for the 'bear community', a sub-sect of the gay community who admire heavy-set, hairy men with beards. He becomes the object of affection for "Boo-Boo", a bear who falls in love with him, and takes advantage of the situation. Meanwhile Dee, after accompanying Mac to a gay bar, accidentally takes a hallucinogen and starts having flash-backs to her traumatic childhood. [2]

When Frank accidentally hits Dennis' car, it's a real tragedy: Dennis spills his cereal all over himself. (Because it's totally normal to eat cereal while driving.) Of course, in order to resolve this legal issue, The Gang decides to hold a trial at Paddy's, with Dee and Charlie serving as lawyers. [3]

In a shape of probable bullshit:

08x01: "Charlie finds out that he was adopted and meets his biological father, who is dating the Waitress."

Blog Entries

Only seen a handful of episodes, but they've all been really funny. Dunno if having seen such a small number I can classify this as a 'favorite' show, but I'm sure if I watched more it would be

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

Being from Philadelphia myself, I can say that the real Philadelphia is nothing like this show. That being said, the portrayal of Phillie in this show kind of hinders my enjoyment of it. It's an unfair judgement, especially since it's genuinely funny, but that's just how it goes for me.
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

Zombies Rise from the Sea

Finally. NoHomers version of the "sunny" thread.

I don't know if the Season 8 info is accurate (Wikia isn't exactly my source for trustworthy info) but if it is then damn am I excited; Dee's flashbacks sound interesting, I wonder if it'll involve a traumatic incident or be something totally different.

Also:

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Knightboat

The Crime-Solving Boat Knightboat's Avatar

I am such a huge fan of this show. I've probably seen each episode at least ten times each and they continue to hit hard.

Season six and seven weren't as strong as the earlier seasons for me but let's be honest, it's still a lot better than most TV shows these days. I'm still really looking forward to season eight.

Here's a photo Glenn Howerton (Dennis) tweeted from the set on the 11th of September.

Milhouse once mentioned a city very close to mine.
    Blog Entries

What a weird and rewarding show. I enjoy it because so much of the humor derives in the surreality of these characters' motives and senses of logic. It's so warped, what Sweet Dee will think is reasonable or how Frank Reynolds thinks certain situations will play out. The schemes play out in this kind of fantasy world of strange set-ups, ridiculous justifications and, as far as I've seen, no real long-term repercussions.

That one where Dee thinks she's an extra in a movie, only to get the two guys to think up the "best movie of all time" - a guy that sniffs out crime? It's just all so bizarre, and I like it. I watch it when I can, but I tend to like what I see.

Great episode. I love that scene in the back office when Mac and Charlie are pitching movie ideas at each other and they develop the idea of Dolph Lundgren running around on all fours to a scientist who can smell crime.

Oh, and then the shot showing Dee pretending to be a zombie and Dennis' cellphone going off is hilarious.

Blog Entries

I love Dennis's rapey-ness! lol It brings so much comedy and the way Glenn delivers his lines are hysterical. Especially that "Storm of the Century" episode where he said "How could you NOT know the only reason I invited you to my bunker was to bang you" the delivery was perfect then the yelling afterwards was icing on the cake.

Who's looking forward to the season premiere tonight? I know I am.

According to Wikipedia, the third episode this season is called Maureen Ponderosa's Wedding Massacre. Sounds insane.

Blog Entries

I just started on Season 1. Kind of liking it, but kind of not simply because this show seems to have been the one that started all that postmodern "oh no, we don't have any black friends" stuff I complained about. If I had seen this show when it started I would no doubt have loved it for that, but other shows have slightly ruined it for me by being a worse version of IASIP. Also the voices in this show really annoy me for some reason, which is just crazy considering it's live action. I am enjoying it so far other than that. What's the best season?
    "Because you watched House, we think you'll enjoy... Fuller House."

Party time... excellent...

Blog Entries

@Food Blog trust me "The Gang Get's Racist" is the only episode like that and they never reference it again throughout the series. This is also a series where continuity and references are a PLENTY. So you definitely want to watch them in order or else you might not get what they are talking/joking about in future episodes. But I'm so glad you're liking it! ^_^ This show NEEDS more fans! As for my favorite season believe it or not I prefer season 8 (the latest season) every episode was gold!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Flimpson's Dracula View Post
    Like Seth MacFarlane's addiction to creating terrible new shows, Matt Groening has a problem with concluding a show. He needs therapy.

Blog Entries

Thank God. Utterly pathetic how so many other shows have beaten the idea to death since anyway. Looks like this one knows where to leave it. And good-o, I like shows that have some decent continuity to them as well as being funny. It's also nice to hear that it's still VERY good after so many seasons.

Blog Entries

Oh yeah. But they only do like 13 episodes a year. Also season 8 only consisted of 10 episodes as each member of "the gang" except Devito are fairly new parents. Mac & Dee are married in real life. Charlie and the Waitress are married in real life. So they can't do as many episodes any more. they still haven't reached their 100th episode yet...

Blog Entries

13 episodes a year seems like a lot to me. But I suppose it's not if they can't reach 100 in 8 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Food Blog View Post
    What's the best season?
    It's subjective but I think the show was in it's prime between seasons one and five. My favourite is season five. My favourite episode is from season two, though.

EDIT: Hundred Dollar Baby, just in case you wondered.

17. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

that guy you forgot existed Judge Fudge's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've been watching this from the beginning on Netflix and I have to say, it is freaking great. I've just started on the third season now; and it's already good enough to be one of my absolute favourite shows.

Blog Entries

I started watching too many episodes in a row(which I did with American Dad sometime back), so I kinda got bored. But I definitely plan on resuming when I finish what I'm watching now. I'm in s3, last episode I watched was "Sweet Dee's Dating a Retarded Person." The Nightman song is probably the funniest moment of the show for me thus far.

Blog Entries

But I'm glad you're enjoying the show man. @Jesse Pinkman

I haven't watched the show yet, but I'll probably watch sometime on Netflix tonight.

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Blog Entries

that song still makes me laugh.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Startug View Post
    I haven't watched the show yet, but I'll probably watch sometime on Netflix tonight.
    YES! You should you won't regret it! 100% hysterical. The first season is a bit rough but still funny. But try and watch in order as this show has a lot of callbacks and continuity.

@Jesse Pinkman Yeah they said they had to do a LOT of re-takes while filming/recording that as that none of them could keep a straight face while doing it. It took them HOURS to finish it. Until Charlie Day had to have everyone else leave the room and look away to finally get through it.

Blog Entries

As previously stated but re-confirmed It's Always Sunny and The League will be moving to FX's spinoff station "FXX" starting September 2nd http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/...c48aac0f000003

At least we have a season premiere date for Sunny season 9 as well.

Blog Entries

O/T, but damn that network is gonna air reruns of Freaks and Geeks? Nice... very nice.

Oh, and I was about to ask if 9 was the last, but apparently there's going to be a 10th? Be interesting to see if it can remain as consistent as it has for at least 2 more years(I doubt they'll have more than 10 honestly)

Zombies Rise from the Sea

Shame Sunny isn't going to be on FX anymore but FXX? Really? Just what does that extra X stand for?

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

Xtreme? Sounds like a bad idea to start a channel with only four shows, plus a lot of people will probably wind up not getting the channel
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

Season nine begins. Posted from Danny DeVito's Twitter:

Blog Entries

Sweet season 9. Are those notes written in "Charlie" language?

First pic on the set of season 9:

Last edited by ManiacalRoboKiller; 04-10-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Kaitlin Olson just tweeted that Gail the Snail is going to make an appearance in season nine.

Rob McElhenney's been tweeting recently. Looks like season nine is going to be good.

Thread Information