Thread: We want the REAL Lisa Simpson

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

We want the REAL Lisa Simpson

This is something I seem to notice, and I don't like it. In Classic and Half of The Modern Simpsons, Lisa was a girl who had friends, who had self-esteem, and even though she was unpopular by a large group she was still popular with others. Now, Lisa is a girl who has no friends, who has low self-esteem, and considered disliked by every classmate she ever knew. I'm tired of The Simpsons Writers turning Lisa Simpson into Family Guy's Meg!

I know that changes happen as the series go on, but this is one of the worst changes I've seen to a main character. I mean, what happened to Lisa's friend's, Janie or Allison and somewhat Sherry and Terry, now they suddenly don't like Lisa as a friend in today's seasons! I do like the Modern Simpsons as the Classic Simpsons, but even I have to admit that these writers go to a new low at times. They have to fix this! They have to stop making these kind of episodes where Lisa is disliked by everyone.

The Simpsons Staff have to STOP making Lisa into Family Guy's Meg and START making Lisa into the Confident Lisa M. Simpson! We Want The Real Lisa Simpson Back!
    Last edited by Santa Shoz; 05-21-2012 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Didn't think I needed to describe a character from a popular TV Show, hated.

Blog Entries

Lisa has always kind of been like that. And I don't think there's a real Lisa Simpson.

She's animated.

That's because of how annoying she is now. Today, she whines almost about anything and her sole role seems to be pointing everyone and everything's flaws and making irritable comments about it. She's more like Comic Book Guy now.

She used to have some sense of humor in the past. Now she seems to be in permanent state of depression.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    Lisa has always kind of been like that. And I don't think there's a real Lisa Simpson.

She's animated.
    Actually let me do a comparison

Before
    She had friends, her self esteem was pretty good, she is unpopular with a group of kids but is popular with a much smaller group of other kids, usually friends or family, their have even been times when Lisa has been called cool and was alright to hang out with.

After
    Her friends dislike her more often at a point that they don't even seem like friends anymore, she is unpopular with the whole school, is often shown ignored more than ever, hanging out with Lisa is considered a new low for kids.

The Same
    Lisa still points out things, either as good advice to help out people or, by the people of Springfield, "an annoying smart mouth".

If you compare some classic Simpsons episodes of Lisa to some Lisa themed episodes in Season 20 or higher such as Waverly Hills or Lisa goes Gaga... you'll see what I mean. Though, Summer of 4ft of 2 is an exception since they have the friends forever storyline rather than in one episode their friends and suddenly in another episode their not.

Quote Originally Posted by cymek View Post
    That's because of how annoying she is now. Today, she whines almost about anything and her sole role seems to be pointing everyone and everything's flaws and making irritable comments about it. She's more like Comic Book Guy now.

She used to have some sense of humor in the past. Now she seems to be in permanent state of depression.
    That and Lisa had real friends. In Season 20 and higher, their acting like jerks to her and Lisa says that she has no friends. Has the writers forgotten about the old Lisa or what?... That's one of the things I don't like about the Modern Simpsons. I mean the Modern Simpsons is still pretty good but even I have to admit it has it's flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by shoz999 View Post
    In Season 20 and higher, their acting like jerks to her
    Sometimes Lisa is an unbelievable jerk herself. A good example of this is "On a clear day I can't see my sister" from season 16.

Blog Entries

yo why is this in the master forum. I can't possibly enjoy my time here knowing threads are bein misplaced left & right like this

Why is this here
    What the fuck is going on with this site?

9. Thumbs Up To This Post by: 77-X-43

Thread Information