View Poll Results: How would you rate this episode?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 Happily Married Couple

12 10.26%
  • 4/5 Content Married Couple

34 29.06%
  • 3/5 Trial Separation

47 40.17%
  • 2/5 Quickie Divorce

14 11.97%
  • 1/5 Annulment

10 8.55%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rate and Review: "Ned 'N' Edna's Blend" (PABF15)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Can't wait.

darn, i missed it

Blog Entries

I personally think this was an excellent episode. It really carried the quality of the episode throughout the entire length of it, continually churning out jokes that made me laugh, which says a lot, considering I usually don't laugh at all when watching a new Simpsons episode. The plot was nice, and I think making Ned and Edna a permanent thing will really bring fresh ideas into play, such as the obvious relationship of Ned/Edna, Edna/Rod/Todd, and then Edna's relationship with the neighbors. Definitely deserves a 5/5.

I also don't understand how this episode was boring in the least. I think a lot of people enjoy bashing new episodes, but when a good episode comes along, they bash it for not living up to the classic era. This was NOT a shit episode, yet I see several reviews boasting that the episode was "sloppy" and "not continuous." There are 1, 2, and 3 ratings everywhere; while I respect that, in no way was this episode was as bad as several others in the season.
    Last edited by Legalize Dylan; 05-14-2012 at 05:45 PM.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

LISA:
    This is a very good latter Jean-era episode, which has neither highs, nor lows.

MARGE:
    Well, what's that feel like.

LISA:
    Meh...
    Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

I tried watching a new episode the Simpsons, but I realized the show hit a new low, like a brand new, underground parking structure of sadness.

CG Rigger/Freelance Designer Robotics's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Alright, yes the receptions look very bad right now. I wonder if there is any possibility for the show to actually kick up the number of viewers...

Blog Entries

I liked this. It did feel a bit forced to begin with, but I can't think of a better way to have introduced their marital status - at least that's likely. Would've liked to see more about Rod and Todd at their new school, but I expect that will come later as there was no reset. As above I'm hoping for some more involvement between Bart and Edna now they live close together. I agree on how everything felt established by the end of the episode, and I enjoyed quite a few gags from this so no complaints here really. Awaiting next week with a mixture of dread and sick anticipation.

the bear who loves to love c l o n e's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tvguy347 View Post
    I also don't understand how this episode was boring in the least. I think a lot of people enjoy bashing new episodes, but when a good episode comes along, they bash it for not living up to the classic era. This was NOT a shit episode, yet I see several reviews boasting that the episode was "sloppy" and "not continuous." There are 1, 2, and 3 ratings everywhere; while I respect that, in no way was this episode was as bad as several others in the season.
    You're having a go at people having a different opinion to you? You liked this episode, I didn't. There's no need to get so worked up about it.

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Tubbb!

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is an episode I understand it can create some kind of controversy in the sense that some people may find it boring and others don't. It's an unoffensive outing that I find entertaining for the most part and the gags are not too loud, long or stupid, but it's possible that someone may find them dull.

Still, I believe 3/5 is a more adequate option if you didn't like the episode, although I accept someone could find it boring enough to give it a 2/5. Anyway I believe episodes like this attempt-and at some moments, achieve- what Simpsons episode should do: explaining a down to earth story based on the characters-main and secondaries- and if they are going to include some kind of unrelated first act, at least make it somewhat plausible like the Passion Play and somewhat related to the plot (it's a religious thing-Flanders is in it-the accident revealed that Edna and him were married...although this was done in a very unsubtle way).

I personally think this episode wouldn't look too weird if it had aired during classic era (in the hypothesis that Maude had died in classic era). It would be a little dull or the story would be a little over the place, but nothing in it -except for the Avatar couch gag- contradicts the style and tone of classic Simpsons. After all, The PTA Disbands was a little lousy in story structure and The Canine Mutiny was a bit dull.

The only thing I'm not sure is if they'd have made Flanders and Edna a couple in classic era, even if Maude had died and Edna weren't dating Skinner, but after all they did some odd couples back then like Lisa/Nelson, Grandpa and Mrs. Bouvier and Skinner/Patty.
    Last edited by Cartoonnetwork; 05-15-2012 at 03:35 AM.
    My Simpsons homage!

http://elblogderg.blogspot.com

i thought i was definitely gonna hate this with the story line. but it turned out to be not that bad. 2/5

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedwaySquad View Post
    You're having a go at people having a different opinion to you? You liked this episode, I didn't. There's no need to get so worked up about it.
    Um... no, I'm not getting worked up. If you'd bothered to read my post, you would've noticed I stated that I fully RESPECT everyone else's opinions.

the bear who loves to love c l o n e's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well you weren't, because you basically said "this wasn't a shit episode, it looks like people are bashing it because it's fun". that's essentially disregarding the opinions of those who didn't like the episode, by just outright stating that those who disliked the episode were wrong because this episode was "NOT shit", which is subjective.

I don't really want this to escalate in to same petty argument - maybe I just misread your posts - but if you're gunna write "I respect these opinions", then y'know, actually respect them if they're valid

Blog Entries

Well you weren't, because you basically said "this wasn't a shit episode, it looks like people are bashing it because it's fun". that's essentially disregarding the opinions of those who didn't like the episode, by just outright stating that those who disliked the episode were wrong because this episode was "NOT shit", which is subjective.

I don't really want this to escalate in to same petty argument - maybe I just misread your posts - but if you're gunna write "I respect these opinions", then y'know, actually respect them if they're valid
    Because I respect your opinion doesn't mean I'm not going to agree with it. What you seem to be suggesting is that I back off, and not voice my thoughts at all. My opinion IS that I feel that's the case here, when reviewing new episodes.

Formerly known as E.A. Moz

This episode just seemed like a filler, just to extend the season a little bit longer. I gave this episode a 2/5 just because there weren't that many funny moments in this episode. I thought the "What the hay, Mrs. K?" part with Rod and Todd was funny as well as the Twitter joke. I had assumed that Flanders was going to end the marriage but it was good to see him get a glimpse of a real married couple and how they function (even though they're dysfunctional) and end up working things out with Edna. I didn't hate the episode but it just didn't seem to be a good episode to follow up on last week's episode, 2/5.

Blog Entries

And now he's dead.

Zombies Rise from the Sea

Ned 'N' Edna's Blend

That is a terrible episode title, what is that supposed to mean in regards to the episode? Anyways, When "The Nedliest Catch" aired, it was a breath of fresh air; I mean to see Ned and Edna connect and find themselves in love, it was something that was different from the whole "reverting to the status quo" thing we've seen in ever so many episodes and as a plus, the episode was really good. So one season later we get it's sequel and with the different conditions it's premiering on, can it really be as good as the first episode?

Not exactly.

For one, the episode feels like a lesser "Nedliest Catch" even though they tried to outdo themselves with a plot that would reflect "Nedna" while also having some cinematic elements and heart in there. Don't get me wrong, I like Ned and Edna as much as the next guy; their relationship was something fresh, it was a break from the whole "reverting to the status quo" thing and while they haven't used it as much as I thought, it's still nice that they decided to pair the two together just to freshen things up; the problem is, the writers themselves don't seem to truly do something unique with them, instead going down the well-known route they know ever so well. Seeing Ned & Edna together is decent, it's somewhat sweet to see them together even though the initial appeal has worn off and there are some decent scenes which show the dynamics behind them, even some of their family life and comes from them suddenly being revealed that they're getting married is good; the pseudo-wedding thing with Homer & Marge being one of the better things of the evening.

However... They never truly go anywhere with it in terms of character. There is a dynamic to be had with both Ned and Edna having possibilities that the writers would love to explore; for example, They could explore Ned in a parental way in relations to seeing them grow up to be the best that they can be, being afraid to take risks or afraid to do something different... there are some episodes where this is explored ("Bart Has Two Mommies" being the most mentioned) but with the "Nedna" dynamic, there could be something more out of it. Same goes to Edna; we've seen her as a teacher and we've seen her care for some kids (though her apathetic, sleazy personality takes the reign in most these episodes) but we've never truly seen her be a mother figure or seen her in a situation where the unseen characteristics of her can truly shine. The problem is, the writers never seem to realize that dynamic with Ned remaining the somewhat overprotective California Zombie-christian that he is and Edna remaining somewhat of a slut, I'm not saying that they don't realize this in some form but they never truly see what could be had; hell, even fanfiction writers can see the potential behind these two.

One of the things holding them back is the plot which attempts to show that no marriage is perfect; the problem is not the plot itself which the most capable of writers can flesh out in seconds, no the problem is that the writers are confused about whether or not to use the plot to create a romantic episode the likes of which they've never seen or use it to teach everybody watching the episode a lesson. One of the main things behind the plot is Edna with Rod & Todd; it is interesting in theory to see Edna bond with the kids but it seems like all of the characteristics of Rod & Todd are thrown out for the sake of the plot. They're not completely wimps, I'd like to think of them as being sheltered, having a distorted viewpoint by being raised on christian standards, overprotection and self-censorship but they're not wimps to the point where they skip around or even ride a tricycle. Making them out to be hopeless is not the way to do it, especially if Bart arrives in an inconvenient matter just to show how hopeless they are; it just feels forced to do that since instead of Edna helping out due to witnessing their sheltered lifestyle, she's helping out due to the fact that they're complete wimps.

Edna does do some good with them in the fancy Californian christian school in that she witnesses the ignorance (though in an unrealized way, that science thing is pretty cringeworthy.) and acts like the caring person she is but that is counteracted by the fact that she hates Springfield Elementary, thinks that school is a shithole, does not care about teaching there and would rather send her own kids elsewhere (even that Christan school) then there; especially since she does send her kids there. Additionally, what we're shown from the outside exposed Rod & Todd don't even reflect themselves; if you're being exposed to the outside world, you don't act like a slave and do the things that most kids do, Rod & Todd still have personalities of their own and while they would be exposed to new stuff, they would still have thoughts and decisions on their own; especially when it comes to things like temporary tattoos and slang and shoes. Though they are influential, they wouldn't jump off of a cliff if someone told them to and they certainly wouldn't throw away their christian values. The new Rod & Todd being shown seems like something that reflects the plot rather then something that reflects their personality. I mean these are two people who've we've seen in the majority of the series, they shouldn't have to be neglected to plot points.

Speaking of which, a majority of this plot seems like it's trying to force the "not every marriage is perfect" notion. I know that Ned & Edna have differences but it doesn't seem like the writers are under the notion themselves that we won't understand what they're trying to do and so we're pushed this notion at mostly every turn. Ned's stop-motion scene (which is nicely animated) is something that reflects Ned's uncertainty but it just seems like they're making the scene as California-christian as possible (and even then, Christians in California wouldn't go to these extremes) just so Ned can have a reason to be scared; I get what they were trying to do with the scene (which is show Ned's worries and to parody those christian TV specials) but it just doesn't feel funny or reflective of Ned, it more reflects the force notions and an attempt to be satirically funny. (and get among the lines of "Community" and "A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas" in terms of stop-motion segments) Even the wedding itself feels forced despite it being a plot point through the episode, it just feels like a remake of a similar scene in "A Milhouse Divided" except with a 21st century flair and the subtly being taken out. There is nothing to me that suggested that what would of happened is natural, everything feels like it's pushing towards that notion instead of letting it happen naturally. Again, throwing out the characteristics for the sake of the plot does not lead to a good plot.

There is another thing that is holding them back, one thing that people can't help to think about and that is what they could of done differently. There are tons of things shown in the episode that could of gotten more of a focus, the LBGT meeting (which in itself is somewhat clever but ultimately terrible.), his beliefs, Maude; if they had given those more focus then it might of enforced the whole "no marriage isn't perfect" thing a bit more then had they just focused solely on Rod & Todd. There were some scenes that could of ended a bit earlier and still be effective... for example, there is a scene in the end where Homer & Marge argue while trying to tell Ned that there is no perfect marriage and while I understand what they were trying to do (which is create a sitcom parody and joke that would of worked better in the past.), I felt that ending it with Ned looking at them arguing would of been effective enough. The thing that holds them back the most is the first act which involves a play and Homer in the role of Jesus; had they cut back on that significantly, they could of left a whole lot of room for "Nedna"'s plot. Don't get me wrong, it's an okay first act but it doesn't have a purpose in relation to the plot; is it supposed to question Flander's personality? does it showcase his faith? I mean there can't not be a purpose for Homer acting like Jesus through most of the first act, there has to be some something behind it... (bringing it back at the end is not that purpose) especially when they make Homer professional and spend time looking at the theatrics of the play. Though it does contain some usage of Flanders, they could of done away with it entirely.

That's not to say the episode itself is terrible, there are a lot of it was okay with decent characterization, jokes and pacing and there isn't anything terribly offensive about it. I somewhat liked the joke with the bullies as valets and Ned's rapping is like something out of the classic era (though random) and I also liked that they didn't need to make anybody overly wacky in this episode, everybody just seemed to be somewhat normal this time around but this episode reeks of wasted potential, there was something to be had with a decent plot idea that could of likely been one of the best Simpsons episodes in the classic era (one of the better ones in the modern era) and surely the people behind the show know how much the Ned & Edna episode from last season is liked but they can't seem to outdo themselves this time around; especially when they seem keen to hold on to the things that drag the episode down, things like not knowing when to end a joke, characterization that seems as awkward as it does out-of-place (Lisa was terrible in this), cutaway gags and ideas that would never work out in The Simpsons. Most of these people will not think of this as a problem but the bugging feeling still remains; Ned and Edna surprised us the first time around, why can't we get the same type of feeling that we did before?

If you're one of those "Nedna" or casual Simpsons fans then you will get something out of this; they do Ned & Edna well, some of the scenes are sweet and there's even some good stuff throughout but you have to ignore a lot of the plot flaws and forced notions; if you don't ignore it then you'll end up disappointed because of the obvious. This is a decent outing for "Nedna" but it's nowhere near as good as the first. On a side note: Moe makes a joke about the four-act structure, why not comment about how short the four-act structure is or even complain about the inconsistency of the acts... that would of helped a lot.

5.5/10

I think it was pretty good episode and I give 4,75/5, maybe it's inflate, but It's first new episode which I've seen for a long time (last time I started watch every season from 1, coz I'd few omission). It's really controversial, Jesus played by Homer, who isn't an angel, and this last scene when he's on the opening, but I like this, the Passion was great, yeah I know that it isn't something new but it's still funny. This plot with Nedna, hmm... When they give us a chance to decide, about their future, I thought that it's great idea, because it'll be something new, which will give some fresh air to this series, but they screw this up, they compare two different persons, holy Ned, and smoking, drinking, swearing and putting out Edna, but they don't know how to use it, yeah last episode from 22 season, was really good and this chance to decide, about series future and this all stuff with that, when everybody was discussing about that relationship, but now I'm not sure about my choice, I expected something exciting , but they gave us forced plot, which isn't so funny, how I thought it would be. After this considerations I give 4, normally I'll give 3, but as I mentioned I'd long break.

Blog Entries

Zombies, that was a long review. Even though I don't think I agree with everything you said I kind of agree with the general idea that maybe they should get a little more into character in order to make the Nedna thing work.

Don't get me wrong, I voted "Yes" on the Nedna thing and I actually liked the idea of pairing them AT THIS POINT and I thought it was a good idea for one episode. I'm not so sure that it will work as a definitive thing, though, and I just voted yes cause I wanted some continuity for once. But maybe they should have tried it for some time before having them actually married. I guess Flanders wouldn't live with her without marrying before...but still.

My point is I think the development was good enough but the couple is still a little random and it does look a little fan fiction-y, whereas Skinner/Edna felt a lot more natural when they first introduced it in the Oakley and Weinstein era, cause those were characters that had been shown interacting before. Also, Skinner is such a loser that it actually added to the dynamic of Edna being kind of fed up of men in general. If Jean is actually trying to find a substitue of Maude in Edna I'm not sure if that we'll work, cause part of the interest of Edna's character is that she's pretty jaded and unhappy.

If they had asked me I would have married Edna and Skinner after the Special Edna episode. At some point maybe even added a baby.

Something about Jean era changes/continuity seem a little random. Edna and Skinner are about to get married...but they don't cause CBG enters into scene in the very last minute. Sideshow Bob gets a family...but maybe because they found out they were not interesting, maybe cause they knew audience or fans didn't like them, they don't use them very much. Kirk and Luann are no longer divorced. Why? That was a good change. Selma adopts a baby. We don't see her much. Fat Tony gets killed and substituted by Fit Tony. Then we get that bad episode about Selma marrying him. So they esentially kill him because the new Fat Tony didn't have a wife and they could do that crappy episode? Or they weren't even thinking about this other episode when they did it? Sometimes it seems that he just likes to revert to status quo, but they kept some of those changes. It's just that they don't seem to do it in a very convincing way. Even a bad/odd change can be defended with a proper development.

The whole Lisa/Nelson relationship -which was explored in one classic era episode but it's brought up from time to time-is actually pretty random and unbelievable as a concept IMO, but the first episode was very well developed and the subsequent callbacks kept the continuity. It's not something I would have done if I were a regular writer of the show but they are coherent about it so it's convincing enough.

It's not just keeping continuity. When things get too random they do enter into fanfiction territory. It looks like a lot of "What ifs" that are not going in the proper direction.

So far it seems that they put a little more thought into this Nedna thing, but, even though I'm enjoying these outings I'm still not totally sold out that this relationship will work and be totally believable.
    Last edited by Cartoonnetwork; 05-16-2012 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
    Moe makes a joke about the four-act structure
    i hate those kinds of jokes in the show.

Blog Entries

It's a cartoon.

Zombies Rise from the Sea

Quote Originally Posted by Cartoonnetwork View Post
    If Jean is actually trying to find a substitue of Maude in Edna I'm not sure if that we'll work, cause part of the interest of Edna's character is that she's pretty jaded and unhappy.
    Every person Ned has dated he has unintentionally compared to Maude. Edna isn't the Maude substitute but I am pointing out that Ned would want to see some of Maude in Edna since Maude is still a part of Ned's life even though she's dead.

Something about Jean era changes/continuity seem a little random. Edna and Skinner are about to get married...but they don't cause CBG enters into scene in the very last minute.
    I doubt that's random (compared to Edna) but it does seem a little bit random.

Sideshow Bob gets a family...but maybe because they found out they were not interesting, maybe cause they knew audience or fans didn't like them, they don't use them very much.
    Or the family itself was getting in the way of the whole "Bob kidnaps Bart" plots and had them removed with narely a mention involved. I doubt that the show looks into the audience reactions at this point to make a difference in things like this.

Kirk and Luann are no longer divorced. Why? That was a good change.
    They're still divorced, I don't know if this counts as a decent example but that bar rag episode had Kirk on the ground and Luanne on the second story of the house seemingly over a disagreement relating to the divorce during the subplot.

Fat Tony gets killed and substituted by Fit Tony. Then we get that bad episode about Selma marrying him. So they esentially kill him because the new Fat Tony didn't have a wife and they could do that crappy episode? Or they weren't even thinking about this other episode when they did it?
    They did it because they thought it'd be deep to have him die and then use the Fit Tony thing in order to teach a lesson I forgot what was; I personally would of liked it had he remained dead regardless of continuity, it would of enhanced the emotional content the episode had and not negate everything that happened. I doubt they did it just so Fat Tony could have some sort of wife or event that they could reference later on and I doubt they were thinking about anything when they did that, they just thought it was cool.

Sometimes it seems that he just likes to revert to status quo, but they kept some of those changes. It's just that they don't seem to do it in a very convincing way. Even a bad/odd change can be defended with a proper development.
    True; but most of those listed aren't technically changes, and even then; there are 2-3 changes on that list that are kept throughout this season.

The whole Lisa/Nelson relationship -which was explored in one classic era episode but it's brought up from time to time-is actually pretty random and unbelievable as a concept IMO, but the first episode was very well developed and the subsequent callbacks kept the continuity. It's not something I would have done if I were a regular writer of the show but they are coherent about it so it's convincing enough.
    It's somewhat convincing; females are usually attracted to something that they don't think they're attracted to. In that episode, Lisa doubts the relationship but sees some good in Nelson to continue perusing it... It's not unbelievable per say but I will say that it was random; same with the Edna and CBG thing.

It's not just keeping continuity. When things get too random they do enter into fanfiction territory. It looks like a lot of "What ifs" that are not going in the proper direction.
    I agree; though I think it's more of a sense in losing the direction rather then randomness.

So far it seems that they put a little more thought into this Nedna thing, but, even though I'm enjoying these outings I'm still not totally sold out that this relationship will work and be totally believable.
    And who isn't? These two people do seem random and two different personalities don't work out but there are possibilities to be had; possibilities that only the most creative can imagine. I doubt that the writers on the show would be able to harness that potential so your concern is understandable.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rango View Post
    It's a cartoon.
    You are the worst kind of mod... you've complained at length when others have said the same thing to you.

Yet here, you use that cop-out so readily.. sarcasm or not.. it's still lame.

Anyway, it's obvious the shows poor quality has lead us all to be bored on here... just read all those comments... blah blah blahity blah blah blah blah blah.

Then I go look at other fourms.. it's all happy, positive, helpful, and insightful comments.

Has Al Jean's reign of terrible.. somehow turned us on eachother?
    Last edited by The Angry Animated Comedy Nerd; 05-17-2012 at 09:42 PM.

Formerly known as E.A. Moz

Other forums are in denial and aren't realistic, 'nuff said.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
    Or the family itself was getting in the way of the whole "Bob kidnaps Bart" plots and had them removed with narely a mention involved. I doubt that the show looks into the audience reactions at this point to make a difference in things like this.

They're still divorced, I don't know if this counts as a decent example but that bar rag episode had Kirk on the ground and Luanne on the second story of the house seemingly over a disagreement relating to the divorce during the subplot.

They did it because they thought it'd be deep to have him die and then use the Fit Tony thing in order to teach a lesson I forgot what was; I personally would of liked it had he remained dead regardless of continuity, it would of enhanced the emotional content the episode had and not negate everything that happened. I doubt they did it just so Fat Tony could have some sort of wife or event that they could reference later on and I doubt they were thinking about anything when they did that, they just thought it was cool.

It's somewhat convincing; females are usually attracted to something that they don't think they're attracted to. In that episode, Lisa doubts the relationship but sees some good in Nelson to continue perusing it... It's not unbelievable per say but I will say that it was random; same with the Edna and CBG thing.
    Good answers. Still, even if Sideshow family gets in the way it would give a little sense of continuity to include them in one or two scenes in Sideshow Bob episodes, when he goes home after his last killing attempt or having them visiting while he's in jail. The first Bob episode after the introduction of the family actually included them, but then they were abandoned.

Maybe -Luanne and Kirk are still divorced, I didn't get all the dialogue in the rag episode, still they did a whole episode in which they kinda make peace. Personally I think being alone and a loser is what made Kirk one of the best characters in early Jean era (I love his role in Bart Of War, for example), so I'd have kept everything the same.

They probably did the Fat Tony thing because of that, but they undermined it by having a perfect substitute. Also I don't really encourage the idea of killing a secondary character just because it gives more emotion to the story. Maybe if the character is hardly appearing like Bleeding Gums Murphy this could be an option, but Fat Tony is a regular character that gives them a lot of ideas to work with, and they even included his son at one point.

And finally, yes, I guess there are smart girls like Lisa that get in love with guys like Nelson...Still I'd find it more believable if Lisa felt in love with Milhouse or some Homer-like kid, I mean a guy who is dumb but a nice person...but yeah, we all know odd couples and people who likes to suffer in their relationships.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MuchAdoAboutNothing View Post
    You are the worst kind of person imaginable... you've complained at length when others have said the same thing to you.

Yet here, you use that cop-out so readily..
    I hope you realise I was being sarcastic.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Well, I'm sorry Dodge Durango... you are a nice lizard.... and a good mod.. did you get to the other side yet.. amigo?

Anyway.. I re-watched this one and found parts of it worse.. some better.. but still pretty bad.. and I still stick by my 2/5 rating... this one just falls flat.

The Simpsons just keep getting lamer and the ratings reflect it.

As Nelson should say to Al Jean.. HA HA!

Fox should (and probably will) cancel The Simpsons after 25 seasons (and focus on more Simpsons films).. hopefully Family Guy and Clev. will get canned as well.. hopefully asap.

I mean unless Al Jean leaves.. (probably by death and not his choice)... then I'd be down for a season 26, perhaps.

At this point I'd just like to see A.D! run a few more production seasons (at least nine or ten).. and Bob's Burgers deserves five or six production seasons, at the least.

Those are the two animated Fox shows I hope are still on in 2015.. after what I assume will happen.. Fox will end animation domination Sundays.
    Last edited by The Angry Animated Comedy Nerd; 05-18-2012 at 10:51 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MuchAdoAboutNothing View Post
    Well, I'm sorry Dodge Durango... you are a nice lizard.... and a good mod.. did you get to the other side yet.. amigo?

Anyway.. I re-watched this one and found parts of it worse.. some better.. but still pretty bad.. and I still stick by my 2/5 rating... this one just falls flat.

The Simpsons just keep getting lamer and the ratings reflect it.
    Jean won't leave. That's how it is, I'm afraid. As long as there are "It's good because it's the Simpsons, I'll watch it FOREVER!" fans, Jean won't have to try anymore, not to mention the general public that watches the Simpsons likes sameness and predictability. This has caused the mere existence of the show to create a comfort zone for many.

ooooooooooooooooooh leprechaun_dan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Finally get to watch this. I like the jab at their own four-act structure, a few lines here and there, I actually like the writing, set-up and plot in this episode. Good to see Ned's parents back and Lunchlady Doris. This episode made me like Ned and Edna together, unlike Nedliest Catch. And I realised this episode was only 18 minutes long, minus the minute long couch gag, opening and credits. Possible shortest episode?

Anyway, overall I'd give this an 8.3/10 or 4.1/5. Really good for Season 23, hoping to see more of Nedna now that I think about it. I hope to see more of Skinner's rivalry with Ned, it sounds juicy.

This is pretty much the end of S23 for me. Still have a few to watch, but the Gaga episode sounds so terrible I think I might as well just go gouge my eyes out before it premieres
    [SIZE=1] Check out my South Park episode ideas in my user notes (Note: It's the fifth and last note): http://www.nohomers.net/usernote.php...ewuser&u=41294

"I got blisters on me fingers!" ~ Ringo Starr (Helter Skelter)

Led Zeppelin IV > Houses of the Holy > Physical Graffiti > Led Zeppelin II > Led Zeppelin I > Led Zeppelin III > Presence > In Through the Out Door > Coda

I confess, I watched the final 3 episodes of season 23 when I said I wouldn't.
    I wish I didn't.

2/5

This looked like something that was written as fan fiction. The conflicts that arise between Edna Krabappel and Ned Flanders was too predictable. Krabapple trying to communicate with Rod and Todd was too strange in addition to Bart acting like a friendly neighbor.

Quote Originally Posted by biffwestwood View Post
    This looked like something that was written as fan fiction. The conflicts that arise between Edna Krabappel and Ned Flanders was too predictable. Krabapple trying to communicate with Rod and Todd was too strange in addition to Bart acting like a friendly neighbor.
    I think the Simpsons could easily be regarded as fanfiction since the good writers left. It's essentially people who liked the show who ended up writing it, surely? Doesn't really qualify them to do it, but what can you do?

The lesson here is, never try Inblackestnight's Avatar

I gave this ep a 3 but I think I was being too nice. I was so bored watching this that I had to rewatch several scenes (to see if I missed a joke and I usually didn't) because it didn't keep my attention. It was nice to see Ned's parents again, even though their voices were way off and Ned didn't like them anyway, but why here and not any other semi-important part of Ned's life? The whole premise of this ep just seemed 'off' to me, as the vast majority of this season has been IMO. Ned and Edna do not make a good couple, by Simpson standards of course.

Thread Information