View Poll Results: How would you rate this episode?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 Happily Married Couple

12 10.17%
  • 4/5 Content Married Couple

35 29.66%
  • 3/5 Trial Separation

47 39.83%
  • 2/5 Quickie Divorce

14 11.86%
  • 1/5 Annulment

10 8.47%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rate and Review: "Ned 'N' Edna's Blend" (PABF15)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Moe is their leader. Captain_Smiley's Avatar

Nice Spamalot reference especially from one of Hank Azaria's characters.

Good:

Hoover: Are you just giving them the answers?
    Skinner: They have to sign their names properly, so we're not totally out of the woods.

The hardest I've laughed at the show in a while

Itchy and Scratchy wedding, The Ned Flanders song from "The Front", making fun of the four act structure, Sleazy Sam from the opening sequence.

Bad:

Almost every other scene was atrociously nonsensical, and the scenes didn't flow well. Homer being given the Jesus role for simply running on stage? The "secret" wedding happening in the regular church? The entire Rod and Todd social thing never went anywhere.

5/10, despite the few laughs I did get.
    Last edited by Bartesque; 05-13-2012 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartist View Post
    The entire Rod and Todd social thing never went anywhere.
    Maybe they reserved it for a future episode, which will probably air in another year from now.
    Last edited by cymek; 05-13-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Blog Entries

Like The Simpsons ever has continuity!

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    Indeed. They rarely manage continuity within the same episode.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Written by Jeff Westbrook
    Directed by Chuck Sheetz
    Billboard: Sleazy Sam's - Remember That Name
    Blackboard: CALL YOUR MOTHER DURING THE COMMERCIALS
    Couch: everybody is a Na'vi from Avatar (repeat of NABF01)
    Special Guest Voice: Marcia Wallace
    Also Starring: Chris Edgerly, Pamela Hayden, Tress MacNeille, Maggie Roswell
    Overseas Animation: Rough Draft
    TV Rating: TV-PG-L
    "Ned Flanders' Nightmare" produced by Chiodo Bros. Productions, Inc.
    Produced by Edward Chiodo
    Directed by Stephen Chiodo
    Animators: Justin Kohn, Kent Burton

"We don't hate you, Fox News - we just love MSNBC, CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC, PBS, BBC, ESPN, and Al Jazeera more."

It's a good thing the billboard in the opening said to "Remember That Name," or I would have forgotten all about Sleazy Sam.

The only time you see Edna wearing her ring is when she first shows it to everybody.

LYRICS - "Everyone Loves Ned Flanders"
    Music by Alf Clausen; Lyrics by Adam I. Lapidus & Jeff Westbrook
    (I assume Lapidus wrote the part before the rap)
    -----------------------------------------------
    Hens love roosters, geese love ganders
    Everyone else loves Ned Flanders
    My mustache is grisly - my letters are disly
    And I don't want to mislead you - I want to hug and kissly
    (Edna) Ha!
    First base, yo - I like Christian rap
    A bible on my lap
    (Homer) Will you stop this stupid crap? I want to take a nap!
    Okily-dokily!

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    They were continuous enough to make 2 Nedna episodes. Why not make 3?

CG Rigger/Freelance Designer Robotics's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I enjoyed this episode more than many of the previous other ones. It's quite a surprise seeing Edna and Ned as a married couple (I haven't read the episode description yet). The plot is quite interesting and the flow was quite coherent. The humor is a little more bland, giving some chuckles but not the laughs. I'm glad that there's an episode about some of the characters with minor roles because season 23 feels like it's been lacking a little bit of it. I'd say that this would be in my top five of this season. This episode in my opinion is just a little less than 4/5 which rounds up to 4 on the poll.

Blog Entries

What the fuck is this Adventures of Ned Flanders rap thingy... this must be the most random classic era callback ever.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It was pretty close in style, tone and quality to The Ned-Liest Catch, but maybe a little bit better. I quite liked the first two acts. Then it didn't really go nowhere but it had some good gags and everything felt pretty natural. I don't know if I'm a big fan of this couple, they are a little bit too different but more or less they are making it work so far. I thought the Passion Play was a nice way to make an unrelated first act, and the stop-motion scene was a nice touch. I think they should have introduced this kind of issues before the couple was married, it's like they were too interested on doing it fast, but it was ok and it was nice to see Flanders' parents again. 4/5
    My Simpsons homage!

http://elblogderg.blogspot.com

An Ok episode but I wish they would explore Neds/Edna relationship more. Here it felt like a material for a good story chop down to few scenes.
    I love the Jesus play (despite the fact I'm a chrisitan... It's like "Life of Brain" - it was comedy center around the life of Jesus but It didn't felt offencive. It didn't mock Jesus himself, just Homers ignorance)

I found Neds dream to be interesting and it's cool to see Neds parents agian. Heck! Now that they reintroduce them as old people I would love to see more of them.

Main main problem is the fact I was hoping they will make the episode about Ned/Enda wedding more emotional and here they treated it like "not a big deal"/whatever. To bad. There where some material for a interesting episode there... Heck, they could made entire episode about Rod and Tod going to public school, which would be interesting...

BTW -> For a long time I wonder which class the Flanders kids are in since we never see them in Springfield Elementary in Barts or Lisa clas (however from what I recall we did see them a couple of times in Springfield Elementary as student) Now we know...

P.S.
    I went to a public school but then swich to a privet one and it was much better... PRIVET SCHOOL RULE!!!! :P

the bear who loves to love c l o n e's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow. If last week's was boring, this was even more so. The only things I liked were Moe talking about the 4-act structure, and Ned's nightmare. Everything else was bland, unfunny and grating. And the callbacks didn't save it. Really poor.

D

What the hell just happened?

1.5/5

Blog Entries

Probably an episode of the Simpsons. But maybe not.

It was OK.

The plot was good, but the execution was messy and overall pretty boring episode. Not in a hurry to watch again.

But because it was nothing too offensive or over the top, I'm giving it a neutral 3/5
    Don't make me run! I'm full of chocolate!

Blog Entries

4/5
    Very good episode for the season, great story.
    The only thing I really didn't like is the party of Marge.

Pin Pal MagicalManFromHappyLand's Avatar

Was pretty good, a few moments that made me laugh and only a few that were bad. The biggest cringe for me came when Ned said 'No marriage is perfect!', awful dialogue.

3.5/5, favourite episode of the season.

Wow, this was the least watched episode of all time, just 4.00 million viewers, 1.9 in the 18-49 demo, so I guess it's official, the bottom five episodes are all in the 23rd Season! It did worse than both American Dad and Family Guy and not so much better than Bob's Burgers. I think the chances of there being more than a 25th season are pretty much non existent if the ratings continue to plummet to new lows with Season 24, before long we'll be seeing numbers in the 3mil's!
    Last edited by YellowFever; 05-14-2012 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowFever View Post
    I think the chances of there being more than a 25th season are pretty much non existent if the ratings continue to plummet to new lows with Season 24, before long we'll be seeing numbers in the 3mil's!
    I'd like Gaga episode to be the first one to hit 3.X million viewers milestone.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YellowFever View Post
    Wow, this was the least watched episode of all time, just 4.00 million viewers,
    If there's a ratings spike with Lady Gaga, they should make her the long-lost older sister Bart never knew he had!

Junior Camper

Too bad the ratings keep sucking it up. I really liked this episode. If anyone likes capturing screen grabs, I would love one of moleman on the cross.

The Homer/Bart through the exchange was my favorite part of the episode.

Tyrant: The REAL Tiger King! D DEBBS's Avatar

The ONLY thing I liked was the 'Davey and Goliath' parody....other than that: M-E-H

• Avatar opening: So bad. This should be an embarrassing intro for the show because it's long, boring, self-indulgent and has some noticeably poor animation.
      It seemed to rub onto the episode with Milhouse's walk cycle and that really odd looking Dr Hibbert.
    • Where'd Bart's box of sores go? Did they remember halfway through that Family Guy had done it? They did the same joke with Homer eating the thorn of crowns as well.
    • This is another episode where Homer magically has a special ability. He has the crowd falling for his acting skills just like that.
    • Acting director isn't a funny character.
    • Wait, Ned being married is worth bringing in Channel 6 news and the maor? This is what I can't stand about the Simpsons; everyone knows everyone and people are celebrities.
      At this point, I was dreading a marriage crisis and that's exactly what it became. Is that all the drama they can churn out these days? That's what the whole Nedna voting campaign was for?

Pathetic.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

^^^I thought Bart devoured the leprosy sores.
    Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

I tried watching a new episode the Simpsons, but I realized the show hit a new low, like a brand new, underground parking structure of sadness.

Quote Originally Posted by Rango View Post
    ^^^I thought Bart devoured the leprosy sores.
    Probably, I'm just being nitpicky about the way the box just popped out of existence entirely. There's a lot more wrong with the episode but Family Guy did it a lot better.

Blog Entries

Meh, it was OK. Ned's claymation dream was a nice treat and the best line of the episode was "First of all I think talking dogs are the spawn of the devil"

Also, as retarded as Homer and Marge's arguing has become lately, Ned's little smile as he watched was oddly heartwarming in it's own little way.

Other highlights were the fourth wall breaks, Chalmers mocking Skinner and the banner that flew by at the start of the intro....Oh, and before I forget...Helen Lovejoy really needs to get hit by a truck or something.

3/5

EDIT: "Get your hands off me fat ass" was loooooooong overdue after all the strangling over the years.
    How to remaster

Where's the money shot? Reverend Lovejoy's Avatar

^Why Helen, specifically? The other two women weren't being any better, from what I recall.

As for the episode itself... it was alright. Not as good as I expected, but better than most of this season. I'd probably give it 3/5.

Thanks to CousinMerl for this great sig!

Biggest laugh was in the end credits.
    Still don't like the Nedna thing but at least Ned showed glimpses of his former self.

6/10. a solid 3/5

Blog Entries

I am glad that they're giving Ned something to do. And welcome back, Bert! Haven't seen you in awhile.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rango View Post
    If there's a ratings spike with Lady Gaga, they should make her the long-lost older sister Bart never knew he had!
    SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Do you want to get sued?!?!

You can't give away Al Jean's plot out-line for the big season 24 finale next year... it's a sequel to this GAGAGooooodamn retarded BS crap attack.

Thread Information