Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: LEGO Simpsons

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

lisa looks like she's wearing a potato sack

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Kid Moe

I was gonna say something about the initial impression of total disconnect between what the characters are doing/wearing and the series or that Homer, Marge and Bart all have their eyes half closed for some reason.

Then I noticed the Inanimate Carbon Rod.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mirkin, 1995
    I think at the end of the eighth season, we'll all have to sit down, make sure the show is still fresh. Make sure that's it's not repeating itself or falling into a formula and you know...It's very possible that we'll still have energy after eight seasons, but hopefully it will always be a decision of quality, to make sure we are not lowering the quality just to make a little bit more money.

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Kid Moe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by comeau View Post
    Pic of the Simpsons' House set box.

That is just awesome. This is just about everything I would have wanted from a set of the house. I'm just worried about the cost. It's gonna be over $100, that's pretty much a given when you have that many pieces.
    Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    I'd reply but I've reached my quota of daily Kid Moe thumbs.

Edit: damn it

Blog Entries

...I had no idea LEGO playsets were so expensive

It's most certainly going to be around $200. If LEGO expects there to be a serious market, even more expensive. There has been some controversy so there's a chance that it might be lower, but I'd bet that the price won't be lower than $130.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tromboon View Post
    It's most certainly going to be around $200. If LEGO expects there to be a serious market, even more expensive. There has been some controversy so there's a chance that it might be lower, but I'd bet that the price won't be lower than $130.
    $130? PFFT. I'd be shocked if it was any less than $150.

130, 150, whatever, I don't use USD often. $219, that's my bet though. But man, it's hard to make an accurate prediction.

I don't know what the others think, but that 'leaked' photo of the first set looks fake to me. The car, for instance, looks like a Lego car from the 1970s rather than 2014. And some other things are 'off' too.

And would this set really have 2500+ pieces and an age recommendation of 12+?

I could be wrong, but what do you think?
    S1.3 HOM+++ I&S++ CBG++ FRI@ CLE-- GIL- Mrs. Krabappel*
    f+++ n+/++ Ilpswo $++++ 8F02,9F01,9F15,9F22 M1971

Learn the Simpsons Geek Code!

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jouni View Post
    I don't know what the others think, but that 'leaked' photo of the first set looks fake to me. The car, for instance, looks like a Lego car from the 1970s rather than 2014. And some other things are 'off' too.

And would this set really have 2500+ pieces and an age recommendation of 12+?

I could be wrong, but what do you think?
    2,500+ pieces!? Anything to make the kids shut up for a couple of hours is worth it.
    Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

I tried watching a new episode the Simpsons, but I realized the show hit a new low, like a brand new, underground parking structure of sadness.

Tyrant:rubs M Groening's feet D DEBBS's Avatar

I was gonna act all Waylon Smithers ("I want it! I want it!") until my fellow NHCers posted the price.

Maybe it'll come down like 'Simpsons World' at Barnes and Noble (I bought it for $25 a couple of years ago).

So I notice the characters are getting the MacFarlane treatment with the eyeballs.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

The back of the box! Check out the Eurobricks Forum if you want updates or whatever.

The architecture is obviously not as in the real Simpsons house. But I love that they included the piano (They didn't really need to) so now you can put Marge there and sing "La-la-la-la-la-la-la"!
    Last edited by Tromboon; 01-06-2014 at 02:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tromboon View Post
    But I love that they included the piano (They didn't really need to) so now you can put Marge there and sing "La-la-la-la-la-la-la"!
    I'm probably gonna end up putting Marge in the kitchen, since she's wearing an apron.

Blog Entries

no rumpus room, LEGO clearly has no respect for their customers

17. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Kid Moe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    no rumpus room, LEGO clearly has no respect for their customers
    Yeah! And where's this room?

Blog Entries

that is the rumpus room!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    that is the rumpus room!!!!
    Well, this is awkward... Let's just forget my stupidity in this thread, alright?

Blog Entries

i'll buy these
    "I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
    - A. J. Liebling (1904-1963)

" Well i always thought if a song was not going to say something, it should be an instrumental "
    - Gil Scott Heron ( NPR 1985 )

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
    Those are the oddest looking Legos in history... I can't get over how fat Lisa and Marge look; it just seems so unnatural.
    That's how lego's are supposed to lot. Stocky and wide.

I'll agree they look weird, but I think that's the style more than anything. They'd look better more simplistic and if they were looking straight on (the 3/4 view doesn't match their bodies so it looks weird).

Why are the faces in matt groening's style and not in lego style? They should just make them look like the characters in lego style with yellow skin and recognizable features. Like they do with every other character they have legoized (superheroes and actors). It'd look a lot less awkward that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    They'd look better if they didn't have so many details on the clothing. Heck, they're more detailed then the Simpsons themselves. Just do straight up flat colors and geometric shapes.

I agree completely. They'd look a hell of a lot better if they were more simplistically done.]
    Last edited by Swoony; 01-07-2014 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

Blog Entries

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...29&postcount=1

Coming February 1st in the US. 200 big ones though...

A separate set of mini figures comes out in May, coinciding with the airing of the LEGO themed Simpsons episode.
    Last edited by Two-Bit; 01-08-2014 at 12:26 PM.

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

It looks great, but a few minor things that bug me:

• The eyes: Homer, Marge, and Bart look sleepy/stoned while Lisa looks very sad. Maggie and Flanders look good though.
    • The inside of the house doesn't have the iconic pink walls
    • The layout is way off. I know they have to cut rooms and such for space reasons, but why swap Homer and Marge's bedroom with Bart's room? Why swap the living room with the kitchen? No dining room?
    UP AND ATOM!

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Elliot76

Yeah, the eyes I can live with (In my experience it looks better somehow when you're actually seeing the minifgs in person) although I would really prefer a more Lego-ish look on their heads. Very dissapointed in the pink walls, and I know the layout was going to be off but they had to make the main hall!

Blog Entries

I'll have this set by the end of February, I guarantee it.

Blog Entries

Also... Bart's lucky red hat!

Blog Entries

$199 is alot

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The half closed eyes for Homer, Marge, and Bart remind me of Family Guy's half eyes closed expressions for most of it's characters. Plus it makes Homer and Bart look kind of mad and Marge depressed. Really wish they gave them the regular Lego minifigure smile faces, or at least less expressive faces. The house looks pretty good though, despite it not being correctly modeled. Might try to buy this around the summer.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Shocked

$200 is a lot of money, but it doesn't even seem that bad to me now because people were speculating $250 - 300 before

Honestly, The Simpsons is my favorite show ever and this is the coolest piece of merchandise for the show I've ever seen, so I will probably end up getting it. Putting the set together will be a couple days of fun, and then you have a cool display piece forever.

I'm going to have to wait and see the rest of the sets before I decide for sure though. If a couple of the smaller sets are even cooler I might go with them instead. Definitely won't be getting everything

in the middle of a hoedown eric's Avatar

oh my god I want this lego house. and I have not bought legos for like 20 years

Blog Entries

This Lego set looks really cool, and I haven't played with it for like 15 years. Its quite pricy though... and I don't like the eyes of Homer, Marge and Bart either. Why not just give them the same eyes as Maggie?

The last Lego set I had and bought them all was all of Harry Potter, ended up having all of Hoghwarts and its characters. Made my own funny storylines while playing
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Thread Information