Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: LEGO Simpsons

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Wow, first of all the people on that Lego forum are fucking nuts (I'd love to see their reactions to a Family Guy Lego set)

Second of all, those Simpsons Legos look fucking awful anyway.
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

My god. I'm seriously considering logging into my Lego.com account just so I can tell those dumbasses off. I mean, what a bunch of uneducated, unmarried, fat slobs! All this talk about The Simpsons tarnishing Lego is BULLSHIT! Don't get me wrong, I freaking LOVE Legos, and the fact that they are making sets out of my favorite show is fucking awesome! And these fuckers are ruining my good mood and straight up pissing me off. Fuck them to Hell. I hope they die slow and painful deaths, every single one of them. I'm not a hateful person, but when shit about my favorite show, and GET EVERY SINGLE FACT WRONG, that's when I have a mother-fucking problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    I'd reply but I've reached my quota of daily Kid Moe thumbs.

Edit: damn it

the bear who loves to love c l o n e's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can't believe LEGO would make sets about the Simpsons, but won't allow guns into sets. -_-
    haha oh my god

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cloneasaurus View Post
    haha oh my god
    Yeah, really. That statement couldn't be more wrong. He does realize that just about every Star Wars set has at least one gun in it, right? God, the people posting on that forum are so fucking stupid...

Wanting to switch seats The Monorail's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh no, angry adult Lego fans! To the bomb shelter, now!

I'm curious to see what will The Simpsons look like in Legos and what kind of sets they'll make.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Monorail View Post
    Oh no, angry adult Lego fans! To the bomb shelter, now!
    A bomb shelter won't help them. I'll nuke their hometowns from the inside out.

Blog Entries

honestly won't even so much as glance at this game. the only lego game i enjoyed was lego star wars. that's it. the rest are the same imo and even the first one gets old after a while. plus i don't get why they've been making computer generated games, movies, and TV shows out of a brand that has you BUILD STUFF WITH BLOCKS. perfect for stop-motion TV or movie, but they use CGI. what's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    honestly won't even so much as glance at this game. the only lego game i enjoyed was lego star wars. that's it. the rest are the same imo and even the first one gets old after a while. plus i don't get why they've been making computer generated games, movies, and TV shows out of a brand that has you BUILD STUFF WITH BLOCKS. perfect for stop-motion TV or movie, but they use CGI. what's the point.
    This isn't a game, it's sets. Though if it's a success a game will inevitably follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mirkin, 1995
    I think at the end of the eighth season, we'll all have to sit down, make sure the show is still fresh. Make sure that's it's not repeating itself or falling into a formula and you know...It's very possible that we'll still have energy after eight seasons, but hopefully it will always be a decision of quality, to make sure we are not lowering the quality just to make a little bit more money.

Season 26
    Clown in the Dumps: 2/5 | The Wreck of the Relationship: 3.5/5 | Super Franchise Me: 4.5/5 | Treehouse of Horror XXV: 5/5 | Opposites A-Frack: 3/5 | Simpsorama: 4.5/5

I drink too much wine, I forget things.
    In order to remember them, I drink more wine.

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Also, the images on the previous page are fan made. They are not official LEGO images. We haven't seen any of the products yet.

As for the LEGO forums, I posted a reply that was largely ignored (username BongoBlinky): https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGO-G...7000956#M99132

I did enjoy this reply:

I think ppl are creating multiple,accounts to defend the Simpsons now.
    Orrrrr talking shit will bring Simpsons fans to your little forums to defend it from your stupid comments.

What I have to wonder is if there are middle aged LEGO fans who collect every set and are pissed that they "have" to buy the Simpsons stuff to satisfy their collector's OCD (which, as a Simpsons fan, I know too well) OR they're a bunch of little kids (based on the spelling and grammar) which is even stranger, as it means kids now find The Simpsons mean and offensive... which is the reverse of the 90's when PARENTS found the Simpsons offensive and kids loved it.
    UP AND ATOM!

Tell Us What it Am SchmatisfiedHomer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My god, those members are weird. "We don't care about adults"?

How old are these people?
    My Favorite Episodes: Homer's Barbershop Quartet, Itchy and Scratchy Land, Homer and Apu, Burns' Heir, and Rosebud.
    My Least Favorite Episodes: Elementary School Musical, Lisa Goes Gaga, Kill the Alligator and Run, Saddleshore Galactica, and The Ten-Per-Cent Solution.
    "Kids, kids, you tried your best, and you failed miserably. The lesson is...never try." ~Homer Simpson
    "I just think they're neat." ~Marge Simpson on potatoes
    "If anyone needs me, I'll be in my room." ~Lisa Simpson and her "catchphrase"
    "Why did you leave me here when I clearly need medical attention?" ~Bart Simpson on Lisa thinking love can heal him
    "(suck, suck)" Maggie Simpson

I honestly think they're all pre-teens.

The spelling, the sigs, and the fact that one of them wrote about how their mom reacted to The Simpsons (she was horrified) all point to a bunch of kids.

Which brings me to this: all those fucking kids need to be sat down and shown The Simpsons. I mean, my god, is this what today's youth think about the show? Show those little snots some classic-era episodes and they'll shut the hell up.

Some of them even find Spongebob offensive (he has a LEGO set).

Tell Us What it Am SchmatisfiedHomer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I remember this one hidden little feature on The Simpsons Season 1 DVD set. It was an ABC News segment talking about schools banning Simpsons merchandise because tons of kids were bringing them into class, and they deemed them to be "negatively affecting the learning process", with Bart's "underachiever" personality.

Quote Originally Posted by SchmatisfiedHomer View Post
    I remember this one hidden little feature on The Simpsons Season 1 DVD set. It was an ABC News segment talking about schools banning Simpsons merchandise because tons of kids were bringing them into class, and they deemed them to be "negatively affecting the learning process", with Bart's "underachiever" personality.
    Yup! I was thinking of that very news story when reading their comments. What's funny/scary is that it's now the KIDS complaining about The Simpsons being subversive. Are today's kids really big pusses? What happened to kids who thought it was awesome to sneak in a Beavis & Butthead or early era South Park?

I guess those kids still exist, they're just not the losers that collect LEGO and moan about violence and language.

Rumoured set list to be taken with a very large and heavy dose of salt as the source is, literally, 'some guy from Reddit's friend'. But said guy was apparently right in the past, so maybe this has something in it, we'll see.

-Bart’s Skate Trick
    Price: 10
    Minifigs: Bart & Milhouse

-Homer at the Control Panel
    Price: 20
    Minifigs: Homer, Burns, & Smithers

-Lisa’s Sax Preformance
    Price: 30
    Minifigs: Lisa, Marge, Sherri, and Terri

-Springfield Shops
    Price: 50
    Minifigs: Bart, Squeaky Voiced Teen, Krusty, Apu, Nelson

-Simpson’s House
    Price: 70
    Minifigs: Bart, Homer, Marge, Lisa, Maggie, Grampa, Flanders, and Santa's Little Helper
    Nothing glaringly fake about it, not that faking this sort of thing would be very difficult. Some form of 742 Evergreen Terrace/Power Plant/Kwik-E-Mart are pretty obviously going to be in there. The "Lisa’s Sax Preformance" thing is the most suspect, especially for the claimed price tag, while Sherri and Terri would seem odd characters to include in a first wave, especially given the lack of Skinner or Moe (though any kind of Moe's Tavern set would perhaps be unlikely given Lego's aversion to alcohol references with the POTC line/game).

But as said, heavy dose of salt, not even remotely confirmed, probably nonsense.

Seemingly official announcement (well, David Silverman has confirmed it)

There have been plenty of rumours regarding just what we’re going to get from LEGO’s forthcoming The Simpsons licensed range, including a myriad of buildings, characters et al. Well now we have official word, from an insider at a special Fox/LEGO event, on just what the LEGO Simpsons range will entail…

LEGO are set to release (much like the Olympic minifigures) a complete wave of blind-bag minifigures (series 13 to be precise), with 16 Simpsons characters to collectincluding Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, Apu, Chief Wiggum, Moe, Itchy and Scratchy and many more of the show’s iconic characters – which will be launched May 2014.

And despite a list of proposed LEGO sets hitting the likes of Brickset and Bricks & Bloks, we can confirm that the *only* LEGO set to be launched in the first quarter of 2014 in the UK will be the Simpsons House, which is set to be made available direct to consumers (via the LEGO website and LEGO stores) in April 2014.

On top of that, this new LEGO range will also be supported by a special Simpsons LEGO TV episode (much like the LEGO Star Wars specials) in May 2014!
    So, interesting brand expansion.

And for those who don't know, "blind-bag minifigures" = this

Blog Entries

Woo-hoo! I am so freaking happy right now! I have been waiting years for this to happen, and it's finally happening!

The blind bags will be a bit annoying, though I'm sure ebay will be filled with complete figure collections at inflated prices.

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Kid Moe

Hello! I'm a member of the online LEGO community, and I love The Simpsons. I'm super excited for the new theme!

Quote Originally Posted by Gran2 View Post
    Making Lego products based on a show as crass, violent and inappropriate for children as The Simpsons will end civilization as we know it, apparently...
    Ooh, bad place to link to. That is the official LEGO forum which is shown all over the official LEGO site. Majority of the users who frequently post on there are kids under 13. That isn't the primary adult LEGO forum. For some reason, kids seem to not like this theme because they don't watch The Simpsons, but say they don't like the idea for a LEGO line on The Simpsons for because it's inappropriate. Yet, majority of these kids will be all for a LEGO Halo theme, as this is the same crowd that complains on how Megabloks got the Halo license for sets.

The primary adult forums for LEGO fans are Eurobricks and Brickset Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Patrick View Post
    how will the hair work? They don't have lego spikes
    I'm sure Bart and Lisa's hair (Maggie isn't confirmed yet sadly) will have a new hairpiece mold, which LEGO can do, especially if this is a blind-bag theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Scared View Post
    Haha! Wow. So a bunch of grown men on a LEGO forum who find The Simpsons to be the equivalent of adult entertainment?
    Again, that's the primary kid fans of LEGO forum. You can see the discussion on the more mature LEGO forums for LEGO The Simpsons here on Eurobricks and here on Brickset.

At first, many AFOLs (Adult Fans of LEGO) and TFOLs (Teen Fans of LEGO) seemed to be skeptical toward the theme as they weren't sure if the minifigures would like normalish. Now, sadly, a lot of AFOLs seem to be mad as the theme might replace the traditional planned Minifigures series. That's all. Only a handful of AFOLs are complaining that it's unusual based on the content of the show, but that's based on LEGO's previous decisions on certain licenses (for example, LEGO themselves basically said that Firefly, Street Fighter, and Shaun of the Dead are too inappropriate for LEGO sets based on Cuusoo projects).

Will anyone else buy the new Simpson Lego sets

So these are the rumored sets that are to be made. I have asked some friends that work at/for Lego and they can agree on the size sets with the prices provided. They also said that the series 13 of blind grab of Lego figures will all be Simpsons characters, a total of 25 characters. The link below tells what possible play sets and figures there may be. I for one will be spending money on these sets. I hope many other people as well. The Lego fans have been against the Simpsons' set and even petitioned against it, with no success. I have read some of their blogs and they are very nasty towards the Simpsons' and their fans (not sure why).... I just wanted to see how everyone else feels about this.

http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=7328

Blog Entries

First look at Ned:

Blog Entries

What the H?

Quote Originally Posted by homernphoenix View Post
    So these are the rumored sets that are to be made. I have asked some friends that work at/for Lego and they can agree on the size sets with the prices provided. They also said that the series 13 of blind grab of Lego figures will all be Simpsons characters, a total of 25 characters. The link below tells what possible play sets and figures there may be. I for one will be spending money on these sets. I hope many other people as well. The Lego fans have been against the Simpsons' set and even petitioned against it, with no success. I have read some of their blogs and they are very nasty towards the Simpsons' and their fans (not sure why).... I just wanted to see how everyone else feels about this.

http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=7328
    25 characters? The LEGO CMF blind bags usually have 16. Are you sure about this? Can you get some more info and maybe pictures?

Also, another figure is out...

25. Thumbs Up To This Post by: CMYK, Kid Moe

Blog Entries

We have to wait until April to buy these?!? Damn it, I want them now!

27. Thumbs Up To This Post by: qwerasdf

I like the look of Homer, not too bad. Feels odd without the lego bump on his head.
    EA's debt list : Father Sean - Shary Bobbins - Chirpy Boy & Bart Junior - Kang Topiary- Blocko Store
    Will not accept barter in the form of 'donut' currency.

About the LEGO forum, first I thought :

But then:
    Last edited by Tromboon; 01-05-2014 at 02:38 PM.

30. Thumbs Up To This Post by: 

The Flanders one does look a bit strange (was expecting something more 'LEGO-ish' I suppose).

I'm sure they will look amazing when the whole set are lined up together, though

A Simpsons LEGO Episode is coming

EDIT: Noticed I was a little late.
    Last edited by Tromboon; 01-05-2014 at 11:45 AM.

Blog Entries

Pic of the Simpsons' House set box.

It's BIG! 2523 pieces! But why is there a skate-ramp included? If anything you should get a TRAMAPOLINE
    Last edited by Tromboon; 01-05-2014 at 03:37 PM.

Thread Information