Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: LEGO Simpsons

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    I think a fair mix of female characters is something Lego is always thinking of, which is my main reason for including Kirk and Luann (Luann on her own would be kind of strange, both sounded better). Kirk could come with a square tile drawing of "dignity" and maybe his "Can I Borrow a Feeling" tape, lol

Maybe Cookie Kwan or Manjula (to go with Apu) or Agnes (to go with Skinner)?

While I was under the impression that each figure is just as likely as any other one, with no clear rarities, I did notice that I felt far more Homers and Barts when going through the bin. Though that might just have been the luck of the draw for me.
    True, I hadn't considered the gender balance...I'd go with Agnes Skinner and Manjula, they'd fit in best and be more popular among fans I think...or at least this one!

Last year I definitely felt like Bart and Marge were the most common to come across. I ended with doubles of 8/16...and ended up with three Scratchy's...go figure! My little nephew now has a lego cat with an axe.......

I suppose the problem with Maggie is that there aren't any variants that are both recognisable/'iconic' enough and doable with Lego - the only one of the former that springs to mind is her orange star babygro, and that probably wouldn't translate well as a minifigure.

With regards to the most common figures, I've currently got a total of four Professor Frinks and no more than one double of anybody else so far.

As for a potential series 3:
    Pin Pals Homer (practical - collect three more to get torsos to go with Moe, Apu and Burns)
    Summer of 4 ft 2 Lisa
    Sunday Best Bart
    Sunday Best Marge (surely inevitable given we got the other two Sunday Bests in this series)
    Principal Skinner
    Moe (seems a glaring oversight so far, unless that story about not wanting a Lego bartender had some truth in it?)
    Barney
    Agnes
    Manjula
    Radioactive Man/Rainier Wolfcastle (since we got Bartman and Milhouse/Fallout Boy in this series)
    Rev Lovejoy
    Sideshow Bob
    Lenny
    Carl (there appears to be one 'duo' in each series - e.g. Itchy & Scratchy in S1 and Patty & Selma in S2)
    Kent Brockman
    Dr Nick

I also think a THOH-themed series is too good an opportunity to pass up, with the accompanying set featuring Kang and Kodos as exclusive figures.
    Last edited by Nameless; 05-04-2015 at 03:34 AM.
    Season 30 Ratings
    Bart's Not Dead C- Heartbreak Hotel ​D My Way or the Highway to Heaven ​D- Treehouse of Horror XXIX ​C- Baby You Can't Drive My Car ​B+ From Russia Without Love ​B- Werking Mom ​C Krusty the Clown ​B Daddicus Finch B+ 'Tis the 30th Season ​D+ Mad About the Toy ​C+ The Girl on the Bus ​C I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can ​C- The Clown Stays in the Picture ​C- 101 Mitigations C+ I Want You (She's So Heavy) ​C E My Sports ​B- Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy ​C- Girl's in the Band ​B- I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say D'oh ​B- D'oh Canada ​C- Woo-hoo Dunnit? ​B Crystal Blue-Haired Persuasion ​C+

Handsomest guy in school Unxplained Bacon's Avatar

Haven't seen these in Aus yet. Maybe I don't go shopping enough, but the series one figures came here late and largely disappeared months ago.

Out of who's left, excluding the Simpson family, I'd like to see:
    Skinner with Principal's World
    Otto
    Sideshow Bob (big oversight imo)
    Moe
    Lenny
    Carl
    Kang/Kodos
    Dr Nick
    Barney
    Chalmers perhaps?
    Eddie/Lou
    Jimbo/Kearney
    Lovejoy
    Fat Tony

I wouldn't mind more females, but there aren't too many notable girls/women left. There's Agnes, Janey, Sherri/Terri, Luann and I guess Ms Hoover, but I doubt casual fans would really want Lindsey Naegle, Bernice or Manjula.

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Off topic but related to characters being represented:
    Can you believe that after three series of trading cards, including Skybox series 1 and 2 and Simpsons Mania which is a quasi-series 3 they did not give Carl his own card? Lenny had one in series 1, but never a Carl in series 2 or 3.

Hell, Mr. Pinchy had his own card!
    UP AND ATOM!

Tyrant:rubs M Groening's feet D DEBBS's Avatar

Amazon's sellers wanted waaaaay too much for the Kwik-E-Mart ($300!), so I bought it at Lego's website...I'm supposed to get it on Thursday.

Since my birthday is next Wednesday, I asked my friends to either get me bags of the series 2 minifigures or purchase TRU gift cards for me.

6. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Tromboon

Here's what I'd like if there's a third series LEGO:

The $200 building we all hafta plink down...Springfield Elementary School: include Skinner, Hoover, Otto and probably Superintendant Chalmbers and Lunchlady Doris.

Have a school bus for Otto and a tractor for Groundskeeper Willy...also include a shed for him.

The elementary has to have: Krabappel's classroom, Hoover's classroom, the cafeteria and Skinner's office...perhaps the playground as well.

At least ONE of the walls of the school has to have 'EL BARTO' written on it...or maybe an unflattering spray-painted Skinner or even the 'Puma Pride' mural.

As for the third series of mini's:

Moe, Kang and Kodos, Barney, Lenny and Carl, Rod and Todd Flanders, Lovejoy, Jimbo, Dolph and Kearney, Sherri and Terri, Kurt and Luanne Van Houten.

Quote Originally Posted by D DEBBS View Post
    Here's what I'd like if there's a third series LEGO:

The $200 building we all hafta plink down...Springfield Elementary School: include Skinner, Hoover, Otto and probably Superintendant Chalmbers and Lunchlady Doris.

Have a school bus for Otto and a tractor for Groundskeeper Willy...also include a shed for him.

The elementary has to have: Krabappel's classroom, Hoover's classroom, the cafeteria and Skinner's office...perhaps the playground as well.

At least ONE of the walls of the school has to have 'EL BARTO' written on it...or maybe an unflattering spray-painted Skinner or even the 'Puma Pride' mural.

As for the third series of mini's:

Moe, Kang and Kodos, Barney, Lenny and Carl, Rod and Todd Flanders, Lovejoy, Jimbo, Dolph and Kearney, Sherri and Terri, Kurt and Luanne Van Houten.
    I like the way you think!!! I've still yet to splurge on any of the building playsets...can't quite justify them at those prices, but that school design would be QUITE epic.

Where can I buy these?

I ordered the Kwik E Mart from Lego.com and received a confirmation. When I went to check my order status a few days later it said my order was cancelled (no explanation given).

I tried ordering it twice today and each time I received an email a few minutes later saying it was cancelled because there's limit 1/household. I even tried using different addresses since I have several places I can receive mail. I only want 1 and have never ordered this (or anything) form Lego.com before.

Amazon has it, but I'm not paying a ridiculous markup for this.

Quote Originally Posted by catbox_9 View Post
    Where can I buy these?

I ordered the Kwik E Mart from Lego.com and received a confirmation. When I went to check my order status a few days later it said my order was cancelled (no explanation given).

I tried ordering it twice today and each time I received an email a few minutes later saying it was cancelled because there's limit 1/household. I even tried using different addresses since I have several places I can receive mail. I only want 1 and have never ordered this (or anything) form Lego.com before.

Amazon has it, but I'm not paying a ridiculous markup for this.
    You've contacted Lego about this, surely? They are usually very accomodating.
    Even the noblest concerto can be stripped of its beauty and soul

Getting carried away on you Venomrabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Haven't got any of these yet. Mostly because things have left me short on money and there's not really anyone I'm desperate for. Maybe once I get money I'll try and aim for getting Martin, Bart, Lisa and Maggie but unless they have a third series and Sherri-but-not-Terri are in it then I'm in no rush.

That said, it'd be neat if they also released a bunch of smaller things like The Homer (the car that is) and such!

Quote Originally Posted by Tromboon View Post
    You've contacted Lego about this, surely? They are usually very accomodating.
    No, not yet. I've been in Japan so I'll do that when I get home.

^
    To: Catbox_9

Try Legoshop.com....it's still Lego's website.

I'm stunned as to the reason why they cancelled out on you...I ordered my Kwik-E-Mart on May 1st, the day it got releashed. Did they say that they sold out of them?

Lego.com was good to me...I'm surprised by the runaround you're getting!

Quote Originally Posted by D DEBBS View Post
    ^
    To: Catbox_9

Try Legoshop.com....it's still Lego's website.

I'm stunned as to the reason why they cancelled out on you...I ordered my Kwik-E-Mart on May 1st, the day it got releashed. Did they say that they sold out of them?

Lego.com was good to me...I'm surprised by the runaround you're getting!
    Tried reordering it as a guest and using a different credit card. Let's see if that does the trick. If not, I'll have to call them which is always annoying.

Blog Entries

So they really are doing smaller sets?
    Huh, didn't think that'd be announced so quickly after I brought it up. What're the odds?

And hey, I think that's the crappy soapbox car from Saturdays of Thunder on image #2!

Blog Entries

Those aren't smaller sets, they are figures/accessories for a video game. Think along the lines of Skylanders.

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's another $300 I'll never see again.

Dammit Lego dimensions.
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    father dies while son tinychats

Blog Entries

how the hell does someone like you have $300? mow a lot of lawns?

Quote Originally Posted by catbox_9 View Post
    Tried reordering it as a guest and using a different credit card. Let's see if that does the trick. If not, I'll have to call them which is always annoying.

That order also got canceled. I finally called Lego and they took down my most recent order number and said they'd forward it to someone and either contact me or ship it out. We'll see. I really want this set!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by comeau View Post
    Those aren't smaller sets, they are figures/accessories for a video game. Think along the lines of Skylanders.
    Really? That's a shame. Maybe they really will do smaller sets some other time...

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

What is Krusty included with in that dimensions pic? Is it his tiny tricycle?

Got lucky randomly picking up my next four bags today...Patty, Selma, Willie, and Smithers! All four of them look great...but I think Willie is my favorite so far, he comes with a frickin' rubber plunger!!!

My childhood friend sent me a $25 Toys R Us gift card the day before my birthday....unfortunately, the 2 TRU's in my area sold out and I had to order the series 2 figs on-line.

My beef...TRU only allows 4 per order (at least I get to use my gift card and have about a buck and change left over).

I'm supposed to get my order tomorrow.

Got my 4 bags Saturday...figures I got are:

Bartman (didn't really want him, but kept his swingshot and gave it to series one Bart)

Lisa with Snowball 2 (didn't want her, but kept the cat for my collection)

Dr. Hibbert

Hans Moleman
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now that I've seen the list of characters and the accessories, these are the accessories I'd rather have with the figures:

Edna: replace cup with a can of 'Chef Lonelyhearts Soup For One'

Frink: Balthazar, his flying monkey

Selma: Jub-Jub....give the eye chart to Patty

Fall-Out Boy: Springfield Shopper newspaper that has the headlines 'Milhouse Disappears...Movie On Hold'

CBG: Either a computer or a set of tacos (100 Tacos For $100)

Martin-Tray of raisin roundies or a snapdragon

Homer-collection plate that has a fast food coupon

Marge-Bowling ball with Homer's name on it

Hibbert-a 'wolly-pop'

Love the idea of including Jub-Jub!

I got Sunday Best Lisa & Fall Out Boy Milhouse...over the halfway mark already!

Blog Entries

I need 5 more...... and i'm working on getting them today
    "I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
    - A. J. Liebling (1904-1963)

" Well i always thought if a song was not going to say something, it should be an instrumental "
    - Gil Scott Heron ( NPR 1985 )

Blog Entries

Welp, I caved in and got a bunch.
    What I was looking for:
    - S1 Lisa
    - S1 Bart
    - S2 Maggie
    - Martin

What I got
    2x S2 Maggie
    2x S2 Bart
    1X S1 Homer
    1x S2 Homer
    1x S1 Marge
    1x Selma
    1x Nelson

Yeah, bit bummed out but on the bright side...

"Get me outta here, man!"

29. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Gatorgod

^
    CUTE!

The Toys R Us in Oceanside, CA FINALLY had series two and I bought the last 7 bags (someone tampered with one of the bags; I checked and it was Homer so I passed on that because I don't want to collect multiple Barts, Lisas, Marges, etc...)

The 7 I got were:

Lisa with Snowball 2 (I already have)
    Maggie with Santa's Little Helper (kept SLH and discarded Maggie)
    Edna Krabappel
    Patty
    Selma
    Homer (discarded)
    Smithers
    ----------------------------
    Ordered the last five I needed Saturday off Amazon:

Martin
    Fall Out Boy
    Willie
    CBG
    Frink

Supposed to get everyone with the exception of Frink by the end of the week...Frink I get next week.

I got everyone but Martin because the Amazon seller accidently gave me TWO Comic Book Guys, so I decided to keep the extra CBG and re-ordered Martin...I'm supposed to get him sometime this week.

Was at the Carlsbad (across from Plaza Camino Real Mall) Wal-Mart and saw the series two minifigures for $3.97...two cents less than TRU and The LEGO Store.

Thread Information