Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tom and Jerry

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Milhouse once mentioned a city very close to mine.
    Blog Entries

The cartoons you recommended to me, @Cartoonnetwork, from Tales, are quite nice. Certainly, it must be difficult to attempt to recreate the original cartoons with the same finesse and frantic animation the original shorts are so well-known for. That said, and considering how strange TV standards are for shows like T&J, the series hones in on some important points when attempting to hit the same notes as the original. I especially liked the remake of the old 'toon with Tom and the the guitar, especially with the twist with the laser pointer. Nice touch!

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Like I said, I wish Brandt and Cervone could direct a theatrical movie of Tom and Jerry. Of course traditional animation is completely dead now, but I think they would made them a lot more justice than the infamous TaJ Movie that Hanna and Barbera released in cinemas.

I mean, look at this. At some points it's rather indistinguishable from an Hanna Barbera cartoon and it's a direct to dvd. They could make something fantastic if it were for cinemas.

My Simpsons homage!

http://elblogderg.blogspot.com

Blog Entries

Yeah I'm hopeing they use this animation style for the new 2013 series it looks much better than the style from the Tales series even though Tom and Jerrys faces still look a little off.

Hey guys look, a reboot coming out on April 9:

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a5...lip-watch.html

Apparently there's a clip that shows footage of the new reboot. I can't find it anywhere. I mean, I'm looking all over the page for it. I do see what appears to be a disgraceful Flash parody clip with horrible sound effects and animation, but oh come on, can they neuter Jom and Terry twice?

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Startug View Post
    Hey guys look, a reboot coming out on April 9:

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a5...lip-watch.html

Apparently there's a clip that shows footage of the new reboot. I can't find it anywhere. I mean, I'm looking all over the page for it. I do see what appears to be a disgraceful Flash parody clip with horrible sound effects and animation, but oh come on, can they neuter Jom and Terry twice?
    The animation is eh to say the least, but the show itself looks pretty decent: Pure slapstick and nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    I'd reply but I've reached my quota of daily Kid Moe thumbs.

Edit: damn it

Yeah but if they're using the cheesiest sound effects you hear in YouTube videos, it's an utter disgrace. It's barely even good slapstick either.

Milhouse once mentioned a city very close to mine.
    Blog Entries

Of the modern iterations of the series, I prefer the Wizard of Oz movie, followed by the Karate-Guard and Tom and Jerry Tales. This new version looks a lot like the Gene Deitch material from way back when. I'm not much a fan of the animation featured in that trailer above - in fact, in many ways, I find it quite displeasing to the eye. Oh well; I'm sure I'll catch it once or twice, just to see what it's like.

Blog Entries

Ugh, the animation style looks good until you see it actually move and it's mediocre flash animation.
    All hope I had for this series went down the drain once I saw the clip.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Well... that was pretty shit.

Really depressing. More depressing than the Tom and Jerry movie.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I'm not surprised really...

Nintendo Dance Party! ManiacalRoboKiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How many more T&J, Scooby Doo, and Looney Tunes reboots do we honestly need WB? Seriously enough is enough and none of them can live up to the greatness of the originals. Well Scooby Doo was always shit but the point still stands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Flimpson's Dracula View Post
    Like Seth MacFarlane's addiction to creating terrible new shows, Matt Groening has a problem with concluding a show. He needs therapy.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Hey, I thought Scooby Doo, Where Are You? and The Scooby Doo Show were great.

Blog Entries

Looks horrible.

It looked okay but i reserve judgment until I've seen a few episode's first give it a chance guy's

Quote Originally Posted by flashbeagle View Post
    It looked okay but i reserve judgment until I've seen a few episode's first give it a chance guy's
    I usually reserve judgement too, but this is just one of those cases where I don't think it's possible to. It's almost like they're telling us it's a shit show in honesty.

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

Yeah, something seems really "off" about the sound effects in that clip. It feels like they grabbed some stock sounds and pasted them in, rather than trying to recreate the sound effects of what was actually happening onscreen. Tom breaking the coffee table in particular stuck out to me as very discordant.

And yeah, the flash look doesn't fit very well at all. Hm.

On the plus side, they didn't mess with the character designs and there seems to be a focus on slapstick violence, so there's that.
    My Nintendo webcomic,

18. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Again for me, I love slapstick, but this doesn't even feel like "good" slapstick.

Blog Entries

Bump

i very like watch Tom and Jerry
    I find a film tom and jerry full episodes and i want to share 4 u
    https://youtu.be/yXO-OtbURSo

22. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

They should stop making NEW Tom & Jerry's.. It's always going to be lame because their original M.O. is exhausted, and inventing new ones will be inventing new ways for us to cringe! People complain about the Simpsons reusing plots/jokes/themes..ect ect?.. T&J have little else than "Pursuit & Adversary Humor" and how far can that tired pony be ridden? Just look back and rewatch the classics if you need a T&J fix.. The originals nailed it.. Tom & Jerry are Dead!.. Long live Tom & Jerry!

The real problem behind all these awful T&J revamps is every generation or so, the property owners are under pressure to make new shows or lose their rights to said property.. and if someone else picks up the ball and runs with it, they'll feel compelled to get a return on their investment by making new cartoons (Always a bad idea).. The only money that should be made on T&J is from sales of the original DVD's and merchandise.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gamblers View Post
    i very like watch Tom and Jerry
    I find a film tom and jerry full episodes and i want to share 4 u
    https://youtu.be/yXO-OtbURSo
    Why not at least link to good Tom and Jerry cartoons?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qETANphFi1Q

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorgod View Post
    The real problem behind all these awful T&J revamps is every generation or so, the property owners are under pressure to make new shows or lose their rights to said property.. and if someone else picks up the ball and runs with it, they'll feel compelled to get a return on their investment by making new cartoons (Always a bad idea).. The only money that should be made on T&J is from sales of the original DVD's and merchandise.
    Warner Bros. owns Tom and Jerry now, through their acquisition of Turner(who in turn acquired T&J from MGM in the mid 80s) nearly 20 years ago. It's unlikely that T&J will change hands again, unless all of WB gets bought out by some one, which will encompass a lot more than just some cartoons.

Sorry! I hate gene deitch tom and jerry shorts

Blog Entries

wh! but his are the best

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

chuck jones always had the best ones I thought

not knocking gene deitch however!!

It was an honor to meet & learn from Chuck Jones,.. All tho I enjoy his cartoons, I keep seeing too much "Grinch" in his Tom drawings?
    My favorite T&J era is just after they lose their chubby cherub introduction style.. and just before the classic era started cutting back on color depth and detail, (50's?) still masterfully animated, but making them look flatter? under pressure from the studio to save money i'm thinking.

Chuck's 60's T&J style
    <-My favorite time period in the T&J animation lifeline..
    Oddly enough directed by men (Hanna/barbara) who would eventually go on to introduce American cartoons to a whole generation of cheap lows?

Blog Entries

they started cheaping out on tom and jerry and mgm cartoons in general in '53. actually cartoons from warners and disney also suffered during and after this time.

I blame the USSR!
    Plot to Demoralize us with cartoon commie lameness... Lol!

Blog Entries

nah there was re negotiations with the major theater chains at the time, and the norm before then was package deals, like two movies, a cartoon, and a news reel. after the early to mid fifties the movie chains only wanted to pay for the movies, and not so much for the cartoons and the news reels, thanks to the advent and rapid expansion of television at the time. in order to still run cartoon shorts at the time, the studios had to sell them for cheap, which led to cutting the budgets of the shorts.

disney stopped making cartoon shorts in the mid 50s, mgm stopped in '57, which resulted in hanna and barbera forming their own studio to much success, and warner's shut down for a few months before opening back up until '64, when the looney tunes and merrie melodies were outsourced to another studio(depatie-freleng, headed by former warner director friz freleng), reopened again in '67 and shuttered for good in '69.

jones was fired by warner after working on gay puree for a rival studio against his contract, at which point he started his own studio and later worked on the aforementioned tom and jerry's and dr. suess specials.
    Last edited by hanna hilton; 12-31-2015 at 08:38 PM.

Thread Information