Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 60 Second Simpsons

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

It's done, it's finally done! This was a request from Ryan, although he probably didn't realize what he was getting when he requested it...

Like in the Moaning Lisa review, I spent way too much time on the opening moves, so I hope you think it looks good. Practiced a lot of image masking in this one as well.

Gonna try to do a Homer episode next, since I've done a bunch of Lisa/Bart episodes lately. I'm thinking maybe The Last Temptation of Homer right now.

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Interesting stuff Jims and while I vehemently disagree with your opinion well...maybe not vehemently, you presented it well. If you were that negative on that episode though I can't imagine what a Jean or Scully episode might get! Thrashing of a lifetime no doubt.

Last Temptation of Homer eh? Why not go back to Colonel Homer, same premise done better. Regardless though

Blog Entries

I care about the Secret War of Lisa Simpson

good job tho
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    Interesting stuff Jims and while I vehemently disagree with your opinion well...maybe not vehemently, you presented it well. If you were that negative on that episode though I can't imagine what a Jean or Scully episode might get! Thrashing of a lifetime no doubt.
    Oh yeah, definitely a thrashing for a Scully episode. Although knowing my contrarian ways, I would probably pick a Scully episode I find underrated or has redeeming qualities. I do look forward to tearing apart Simpson Safari someday.

Regarding The Secret War of Lisa Simpson, my full opinion on it is somewhat limited by the format here. That's why I had to briefly back-pedal at the end and point out that there still is a lot of great, memorable stuff in it. I just find the episode to be too much of a pity party for Lisa as a whole, which takes me out of the episode.

It also runs together with "Summer of 4 Ft 2" in my head, so it will usually look bad in comparison. It's definitely one of those "Accentuate the Negative" kind of review, though. If I had another minute, it would have been more balanced.

Last Temptation of Homer eh? Why not go back to Colonel Homer, same premise done better. Regardless though
    I was thinking about maybe doing a compare/contrast by doing Life on the Fast Lane right afterwards. Colonel Homer also works as a comparison piece, but I think Last Temptation is a little more of a 1-to-1 comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan o View Post
    I care about the Secret War of Lisa Simpson
    NO YOU DON'T.

Blog Entries

D'aww I like Secret War too.

Pin Pal MagicalManFromHappyLand's Avatar

I'd love for you to do Last Temptation of Homer
    Also what would be interesting to see is if you covered your least favourite episode.

That was pretty cool again Jims
    My Simpsons Season 26 Ratings/Reviews:
    Clown in the Dumps : 1/5 / The Wreck of the Relationship : 3,5/5 / Super Franchise Me : 3/5 / Simpson Horror Show XXV : 2,75/5

Blog Entries

I love the soundtrack for this, I have been humming this all day.

Blog Entries

Hooray! Just finished a new video! Actually recorded this last Monday, but I've been super busy around Easter. Also, playing too much Xenoblade on Wii. It's probably mostly due to Xenoblade.

Anyway, I just discovered the widescreen setup, so now there's more space to work with. Enjoy!

The reason I picked this episode is because it's interesting what a tightrope the writers walk with this one. This is definitely an episode where the writers played with fire, so it's interesting (on a writing level) to see the ways they convey their point.

(I didn't really comment on the Bart subplot, but I find that pretty unremarkable by classic era standards. Not bad, not great, just kinda there.)

Don't think I'm going to follow up with Life on the Fast Lane... I think I'm going to do a Scully Era episode next week.

Quote Originally Posted by HMS pinafore View Post
    I love the soundtrack for this, I have been humming this all day.
    It's definitely an ear worm for sure!

Blog Entries

Scully era, eh? May I suggest a thirty second dissertation on panda rape?

Seriously though, awesome as always!

Blog Entries

Good work Jims, good to see a more positive review this week, although i doubt next weeks scully ep will be as positive.

I don't like this episode very much but it's always good to hear your comment about an episode.

I hope we will have another one soon

inside of your skeleton, slowly feeding away at your insides,
    Blog Entries

Tip: Don't do an overrated bad episode like ''Kill the Alligator and Run'', do a lesser known bad episode...
    Season Rankings
    7 > 6 > 8 > 4 > 3 > 5 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 10 > 13 > 12 > 15 > 14 > 16 > 18 > 17 > 20 > 19 > 21 > 22 > 23

Motto

If you do drugs, you go to hell, before you die. Please.
    Quote Originally Posted by InsomniaDealer View Post
    I trust Al Jean more than I trust my own mother. That bitch.

Blog Entries

I ain't ever doing Kill the Alligator and Run because that episode's not bad in an interesting way... It's just bad. I'm looking for an episode that's bad in a hilariously broken way. There are certainly a lot of bad things in Kill the Alligator and Run but it just seems like the typical Scully criticisms (wacky, bad characterizations, nonsense plot, etc).

Good work Jims, good to see a more positive review this week, although i doubt next weeks scully ep will be as positive.
    But I thought the internet thrived on people being mean to films and TV shows!

Blog Entries

Interesting stuff Jims, once again. I actually love that Bart sub-plot, mostly because my dad still, to this day, asks me, "What was the episode with medical science-type person?" We both find it hysterical. No time for Colonel Klink eh? Well I guess you can only fit so much.

Scully episode that isn't blatantly awful? I nominate either Make Room for Lisa or E-I-E-I-ANNOYED GRUNT

These are really good, Jims. Keep up the good work

Great as always Keep up the great work, what would be cool to see is for you to do a very overrated episode from recent seasons, such as HOFP.

Blog Entries

It's going to be tough for me to do anything that's not on DVD yet due to the screencapping, so I'll probably have to stick with 1-14 for now. Holidays of Futures Passed would definitely be a good pick, though.

Thanks for the kind words, folks!

DICK MOVE! Comicshow MolemanBob's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Although I don't necessarily agree with a few of your opinions, the idea for this is so unique and interesting I can forgive you

Blog Entries

Don't you just press, you know, PRNTSCRN to screencap?

Blog Entries

These are reliably well made, good stuff Jims.

Blog Entries

Thanks Mr. Picnic and Mr. Molemanbob!

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    Don't you just press, you know, PRNTSCRN to screencap?
    Well, ALT+PRTSCR but whatever. Without using DVDs, I'd have to deal with FOX logos or Hulu or whatever. There might be torrented versions out there without watermarks, but I'm not a big fan of torrents in general.

Blog Entries

Leaving for vacation to San Francisco tomorrow, but I tried to squeeze in finishing this video at the last second!

This week, I discuss the exciting topic of panda rape. Because we've got to set the lower common denominator at some point.

Enjoy!

Blog Entries

Good work Jims I agree that this episode could have had a better ending(in the commentary they talk about having problems with concluding it) but for season 12 there are worse episodes.

Btw Jims what is your least favourite episode and are you planing to do it one day?

Great as always, what do you plan on doing next?

Good video, Jims. I hope you do a season 4 episode someday

Blog Entries

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

It's funny you mentioned Season 4, because I'm thinking about doing Last Exit to Springfield next.

Good work Jims I agree that this episode could have had a better ending(in the commentary they talk about having problems with concluding it) but for season 12 there are worse episodes.
    Interesting. That does make a bit of sense, because it seems like they tried to squeeze in a little too much into Act 3 in certain ways, and they almost ran out of time by the time they got to the parade. The annoying thing is that the main problems with the ending (namely the disconnect between Homer being a hero and getting off the float) is pretty easily fixed by showing how the hand-off went.

Blog Entries

Wow you were far more positive here than I would've been Jims. Entertaining as always though.

These are great. I would suggest doing one for Deep Space Homer. Not only is it a hilarious episode, but there are a lot of cool images from it you could use in the video. Keep up the good work.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    Wow you were far more positive here than I would've been Jims. Entertaining as always though.
    I realized when I wrote the script that, for once, I might be Accentuating the Positive too much... But I feel like the internet in general is too "one part is REALLY BAD, ergo the whole thing is REALLY BAD" sometimes. Whenever I watch Homer vs. Dignity, I'm always amazed at how great the first two acts are (mostly), and how downhill it goes when the panda rape comes along.

I love that the family actually needs money for once and that they're not millionaires. I like that they show them actually doing something about it (like getting financial advice) first, before Mr. Burns steps in. Chief Wiggum's speech about "retirony" is classic. Lindsey Naegle has some clever dialogue. Homer just throwing business cards at people is a good visual laugh. The Smithers musical is inspired.

I love Mr. Burns telling the vending machine not to wrap the toffee too tightly (because he's hungry now!). Love the pudding scene, from start to finish. It's a bit mean spirited, but it's silly enough to not be over the top (yet). The Comic Book Guy prank works in this way as well, also partially because CBG isn't a "nice" character anyway.

I feel like the episode would've been just fine if they would have gone as far as "Baby made a boom boom" and no farther. That's genuinely humiliating enough for them to make a point about Homer's dignity, so the panda rape is just icing on the cake that's not needed. And the less said about the fish guts, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by King-Size Homer View Post
    These are great. I would suggest doing one for Deep Space Homer. Not only is it a hilarious episode, but there are a lot of cool images from it you could use in the video. Keep up the good work.
    Oooooh, that's a good suggestion. It's probably the quintessential Mirkin episode to me, so it might be a good time to talk about that Mirkin flavor he brings.

Thread Information