Page 90 of 190 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100140 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,700 of 5693

Thread: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS/Android game)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Wow that sounds awful. I had even considered giving it a try until reading that...
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

can't you disable in-app purchases in the settings

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

I'm on level 4 already and at no point has it forced me to buy clams.

Really? Hmm. Maybe I'll give it a try, anyway. If I am forced to buy something to continue, I'll just not play anymore.

And I just realized I basically have zero idea of the layout of Quahog..

You're lucky then, Insomnia. I've had this in my mission sidebar for hours now with no obvious way of getting rid of it. Crossing it obviously just closes the mission objective and clicking 'Go' just takes me to the options to buy clams. Obviously I'm not going to give them money just because they're asking for it, but it's not right (as far as I can tell, it's gonna stay there until it's completed).

And then asking me to spend 250 clams to unlock Buzz Killington just so I can finish unlocking Jerome..

Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

Blog Entries

Wow...based on the screenshots, the Family Guy game looks like a terrible rip-off imitation. I've already heard stories of a lot of people trying the game and quickly uninstalling. This isn't looking good for FOX.
    Last edited by pilcrow; 04-10-2014 at 04:44 PM.

Blog Entries

Well FOX clearly wanted it to be just like Tapped Out so..... yeah.
    It's not really a rip off. Plus there are tons of other games like these on the app store.

Blog Entries

meh, there's nothing horrible about it. if you don't like tapped out then you obviously won't care for it, but if you do there's nothing really wrong with it.

also i got the option to buy 6.49 worth of clams and get 6.49 free. i didn't do it, and it doesn't seem to be impeding my progress, so it seems to be optional. @Charlie is the game like stopping you from progressing further until you buy the clams? it looks in your screenshot like Quagmire is doing something.

Blog Entries

We should start another thread about the Family Guy game. EDIT: It's right here.

Back to Tapped Out: I'm wondering if they will let me get all 10 graves even after the update ends. They usually let you finish quests up after an update ends (I still have the St. Patrick's Day quest in my task book), but the sign saying it all ends Saturday makes me think otherwise. If it does end Saturday, it will definitely take either donuts or some insanely accurate tapping skills to get all 10 graves. The update started Wednesday morning and runs until Saturday midnight, which is about 84 hours. Completing five parts of the quest takes 83.5 hours, so basically you had to instantly download the update and start right away. You also have to access the game every 7 hours to reset Homer's task.

Looks like I'm not getting all 10 graves. Shame.
    Last edited by pilcrow; 04-10-2014 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupid Idiot View Post
    meh, there's nothing horrible about it. if you don't like tapped out then you obviously won't care for it, but if you do there's nothing really wrong with it.

also i got the option to buy 6.49 worth of clams and get 6.49 free. i didn't do it, and it doesn't seem to be impeding my progress, so it seems to be optional. @Charlie is the game like stopping you from progressing further until you buy the clams? it looks in your screenshot like Quagmire is doing something.
    Nah it's not stopping me from continuing with characters I've unlocked, but the damn icon for it won't disappear from my mission list! Not the end of the world for sure, but staying there kinda makes me feel like they're trying to force me to buy them just to clear it

Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    We should start another thread about the Family Guy game. EDIT: It's right here.

Back to Tapped Out: I'm wondering if they will let me get all 10 graves even after the update ends. They usually let you finish quests up after an update ends (I still have the St. Patrick's Day quest in my task book), but the sign saying it all ends Saturday makes me think otherwise. If it does end Saturday, it will definitely take either donuts or some insanely accurate tapping skills to get all 10 graves. The update started Wednesday morning and runs until Saturday midnight, which is about 84 hours. Completing five parts of the quest takes 83.5 hours, so basically you had to instantly download the update and start right away. You also have to access the game every 7 hours to reset Homer's task.

Looks like I'm not getting all 10 graves. Shame.
    Yeah, I just went ahead and rushed it.

Blog Entries

So how about that Tapped Out game?
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

I still have that stupid "buy clams!" mission in my sidebar, even though I'm progressing through everything else, still bloody annoying though!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    So how about that Tapped Out game?
    To be honest I don't really mind if discussion kind of strays off into the FG game at the moment (maybe others disagree). I mean, we're between levels in Tapped Out at the moment, and until Level 40 or a new event is released there's not really much to discuss. Plus in a week most of the buzz around this new game probably would've died down anyway.

Blog Entries

We have another thread for the FG game discussion, we don't need to bother with it here now. In a lot of other busy forums I visit it is even strictly against the rules to keep derailing a thread, not sure if its the case here aswell.

On topic: we might actually celebrate easter if this picture is legit...:

http://imgur.com/mFNnTZM

It looks legit. Here's hoping! I've been looking forward to my first big event.

omg bunnies

Blog Entries

Easter update?!

Yes, now!!
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

I just hope it's not too much like Whacking Day, as I hear that sucked...Still, looking forward to it! Better start clearing inactive friends. Anyone need a new neighbor?

Blog Entries

Looked through the game files. Nothing to suggest the Easter update is coming, unfortunately. The picture Kaine posted looks very real, though...

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorMcGann View Post
    I just hope it's not too much like Whacking Day, as I hear that sucked...Still, looking forward to it! Better start clearing inactive friends. Anyone need a new neighbor?
    Whacking Day didn't really suck, because there were some great prizes involved. The problem was that it took too long to get the prizes, and the whole event just wasn't thought out very well. If it comes back, I'm pretty sure EA will make it easier this year, so don't panic.

I have the max 100 friends right now, but feel free to send me a request if you want. My Origin ID is also "pkkao." Be warned, my town is quite the mess right now, though...

easter is a week away. holiday updates usually come well in advance of the holiday itself. plus it would be incredibly easy to fake that picture. not saying it's definitely not true, but it seems unlikely to me

Blog Entries

An EA representative has confirmed that the Easter event will be happening, followed by Whacking Day 2. EA representatives have been known to be dead wrong, though...

EDIT: EA representatives also claimed that the Christmas update would be released December 3. So I don't really trust them 100%.
    Last edited by pilcrow; 04-11-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    An EA representative has confirmed that the Easter event will be happening, followed by Whacking Day 2. EA representatives have been known to be dead wrong, though...
    Woo!

Ugh. My Tapped Out hasn't opened for over a week- it always says it can't connect to the server. My boyfriend can sit right next to me and open it on his phone, and login on mine, but I can't login on either phone or my tablet.

Any ideas?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? That's helped for me when it has major issues like that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqui View Post
    Ugh. My Tapped Out hasn't opened for over a week- it always says it can't connect to the server. My boyfriend can sit right next to me and open it on his phone, and login on mine, but I can't login on either phone or my tablet.

Any ideas?
    If the uninstall-reinstall doesn't work, then you need to contact EA for help. (http://help.ea.com/en/) They will usually reimburse you donuts for your troubles.

On another note, the Days of Future Future tie-in has ended after a surprisingly short length of 3 days, 12 hours. These updates typically run for at least 5 days. Anyway, you can't get any more graves now.

Blog Entries

I had some money left and decided to buy my first golden Scratchy-R ticket, won 50 donuts

27. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pilcrow

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    I had some money left and decided to buy my first golden Scratchy-R ticket, won 50 donuts
    that's how they getcha

i got 6 or 7 graves i think. which is more than enough for me

Hahaha I don't think you can get anymore after that.
    EA's debt list : Father Sean - Shary Bobbins - Chirpy Boy & Bart Junior - Kang Topiary- Blocko Store
    Will not accept barter in the form of 'donut' currency.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CMYK View Post
    Hahaha I don't think you can get anymore after that.
    Max number of graves you can get was 10. You either needed to rush a couple times with donuts, or you had to progress through the questline perfectly (downloaded the update immediately, and reset the task immediately after it finished every single time). I think this is the first time EA came out with a quest that they intentionally didn't want you to finish.

32. Thumbs Up To This Post by: CMYK

Thread Information