Page 3 of 190 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS/Android game)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

The Crime-Solving Boat Knightboat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mozferatu View Post
    I'm having so much fun with this game! I can't believe that it was FREE!
    It's cool that it's free but it would be a lot easier if all the features in the game didn't cost real money. That's how they get ya!

You're right though, it's fun. Very addictive. I just wish the EA servers were more reliable and it didn't take so long to load each time you open it up.

Blog Entries

Great job @AlexandreLeblood!
    I just bought the city hall (78000$), now as @Captain Squid I just have to build the Muntz House and Krabapel's Apartment.

Can we add you @Mozferatu?

Formerly known as E.A. Moz

Sorry, I deleted the app yesterday...it was eating up my battery. If there's any way that I could prevent it from eating up the battery, I'd gladly reinstall it.

Just downloaded it, discovered that it requires a constant wi-fi connection to use, then deleted it. To hell with that; if I can't play it off line, I don't want it.

That's totally why I deleted it too.

That's actually a good point. I only have an iPod Touch so I have to be connected to my home Wi-Fi to play it, but I'd love to be able to pull my iPod out when I'm on break at work.

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Blob View Post
    Great job @AlexandreLeblood!
    I just bought the city hall (78000$), now as @Captain Squid I just have to build the Muntz House and Krabapel's Apartment.

Can we add you @Mozferatu?
    Nice! I've started Nelson's house, and tried to recreate his yard using clips from Bart the Mother:

Funny how they nailed the washer, dryer and shot up car. Clearly this was their reference for the house and decorations. I suggest throwing in an road cone and some junk to spruce it up.

@ Mozferatu and Insecthero:

Sad to see you go, but I understand how being wi-fi only could hurt your experience. To be fair though, this game wouldn't be possible offline, since you're constantly interacting with others. It would seriously throw things off and cause trouble if you could log off and on, since people would have to access archived versions of your Springfield which would then drastically change should you log back on. It just wouldn't work.
    UP AND ATOM!

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Blobulle

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    Nice! I've started Nelson's house, and tried to recreate his yard using clips from Bart the Mother:

Funny how they nailed the washer, dryer and shot up car. Clearly this was their reference for the house and decorations. I suggest throwing in an road cone and some junk to spruce it up.

@ Mozferatu and Insecthero:

Sad to see you go, but I understand how being wi-fi only could hurt your experience. To be fair though, this game wouldn't be possible offline, since you're constantly interacting with others. It would seriously throw things off and cause trouble if you could log off and on, since people would have to access archived versions of your Springfield which would then drastically change should you log back on. It just wouldn't work.
    I really like the game, I really do but until I find out how to keep my battery power while having the game, I can't play it. It drains way too much of the battery!

Blog Entries

I saw this on FB, it's awesome.
    My Simpsons Season 26 Ratings/Reviews:
    Clown in the Dumps : 1/5 / The Wreck of the Relationship : 3,5/5 / Super Franchise Me : 3/5 / Simpson Horror Show XXV : 2,75/5

Blog Entries

Kent Brockman, Bumblebee Man and Channel 6 could be on the next update.

Thundercougerfalconbird Dave Shutton's Avatar

just got Bumblebee Man
    Tapped Out Origin ID: jbartle25, feel free to add me

Blog Entries

Well done @Dave Shutton! I'm going to see him.
    I'm level 23 now, I'll get Channel 6 and the post office soon.

Just came to report that! Awesome additions!

And it turns out that our EXP transfers over, so you keep earning it even if you don't see it if you've maxed out your level. I'm already level 23 and a half.

New items include a news van and broadcast antenna (premium items), Bumblebee Man (premium character) a weather station (quest item), a volleyball net, a lawn chair, a "Hail Ants" sign (from Deep Space Homer) and coolest of all: brick walls! Yeah, sounds lame to get excited about brick walls, but I was really hoping to get some of these for a few locations. Like, the Kwik-e-Mart has a brick wall to the left of it, but I never had one to put in place.

Edit: Also, the THOH laser dropped 50 donuts, but the THOH update it likely to be taken down soon.
    Last edited by Captain Squid; 11-05-2012 at 12:40 PM.

16. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Blobulle

Blog Entries

According to the Simpsons Tapped Out Forum, the next update will bring some balloons to decorate our Springfield for Thanksgiving.

Awesome but I'm still at level 20 (soon 21) and why I still have the Halloween version ?

Remorseless eating machine Sorny's Avatar

Does anybody know what will happen with the leftover treats when the Halloween version ends? Will it just convert to cash?

I don't know but I hope it will.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlexandreLeblanc View Post
    Awesome but I'm still at level 20 (soon 21) and why I still have the Halloween version ?
    They haven't updated the game yet.

Ok thanks.

The only thing that I still don't have is the heck house.

Blog Entries

Little thanksgiving update, but 2 balloons cost donuts.

They've changed the loading screen...

As somebody who has yet to spend a cent on the game, I'm cool with not being able to get every premium item. Sure I miss stuff like Kang and will probably not get the Snowball II balloon, but I still have a lot of free items to save up my in-game cash for (post office, channel 6 stuff, etc). I've still been able to get the occasional premium with donuts I earn. Plus, they have given a lot of free limited time items, like the Duff race car, the balloons and the THOH items. I love the graveyards and the bad dream house.

Now I'm really, really looking forward to Christmas. I'm hoping we get christmas decoration skins for the Simpsons and Flanders houses. Would be funny to see Ned's epic display and Homer's shitty decorating job. They could also give us stuff like a Santa suit for Homer, the Springfield mall, the Try-N-Save and little holiday decor to litter about the town.

I wonder if it would be too much to change the grass to snow?

Blog Entries

I think they'll change the grass to snow yeah, maybe they'll change the appearance of every building (Christmas decorations, snow)..

I don't have any premium items too (only white picket fences and a tree swing...), I hope I'll be lucky with the next mystery boxes, and maybe we'll get free donuts for Christmas!

It's been quite some time since this threads second post :P
    I have an iPad (Springfield looks so nicely HD on the big screen) and I'm addicted to the game.

I've been meaning to come back here to rant about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    I've started to try and recreate Springfield - at least to how I like it.
    What I can't stand is seeing neighbours / alternate Springfield's from my friends who dont put king toot next to moes bar. Or the brown house next to the simpsons.

I also like making areas, like putting the powerplant near the Super collider. Though I know, deep down you all would know burns wouldnt stand for that.
    EA's debt list : Father Sean - Shary Bobbins - Chirpy Boy & Bart Junior - Kang Topiary- Blocko Store
    Will not accept barter in the form of 'donut' currency.

Remorseless eating machine Sorny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobulle View Post
    Little thanksgiving update, but 2 balloons cost donuts.
    When I first downloaded the update, all the balloons cost $$ so I placed as many as I could afford (they also came up as a quest). The next day I tried to buy some more but they changed to donuts, including the Snowball 2 balloon which I had already placed.

Quote Originally Posted by CMYK View Post
    I've started to try and recreate Springfield - at least to how I like it.
    What I can't stand is seeing neighbours / alternate Springfield's from my friends who dont put king toot next to moes bar. Or the brown house next to the simpsons.

I also like making areas, like putting the powerplant near the Super collider. Though I know, deep down you all would know burns wouldnt stand for that.
    Ha! Yeah, I do get a little nerd rage when I see no brown house next to the Simpsons or even Skip's diner not next to the Android's Dungeon (I actually had to look online to see where Skip's was located, never new it was next to CBG). I find that when I watch episodes now, I look in the background more to see what surrounds the locations. Tonight's episode had houses across from the retirement home, so I feel a little more at ease with it being in the neighborhood. I need to move the school further away from the house though, as is Bart could walk to school. :P

Also, the damn post office costs a fortune! Took me half a week to save up just 1/3 of the total.

I don't have any premium items and haven't spend a cent on the game, nor will I. It's still entertaining though.

It definitely has its cons though. Battery usage, loading time, etc...

Thank god the zombies are gone! After I got all the treat items, they were nothing but an annoyance that lasted a week longer than they should have. The game is so simple now without the zombies, treats, tricks components.

Wonder if there is more to the Thanksgiving missions? While all my characters were busy, I bought the three free balloons, and as soon as my characters finished their jobs I blew through the missions in a matter of seconds.

Fingers still crossed for Try-N-Save in December. That would be an awesome addition, mainly because Marge Be Not Proud is one of my favorite episodes.

Blog Entries

I'm pleased to have my weekly mystery box back, maybe I'll get a premium item.

For Christmas I'm sure we'll have something interesting.

Thread Information