Page 23 of 191 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS/Android game)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

My face when I tried the donut trick and it worked:

For the last hour I've been on what i can only describe as the equivalent of the Nickelodeon Super Toy Run. Premium items! Money! Even donuts! I went crazy... I felt guilty... but it is over now.

In fact, after I stopped myself and logged out and back in I was hit with the St. Patty's day update. I thought "surely they fixed the glitch!" so I tried it and... it still works! So I went crazy again, bought a wishing well... and quit again.

So now I'm back to normal, with a fuckload of stuff and all the land. Lisa and Homer are cleaning up now. My god, what a good day for Tapped Out! Well, not for EA, but for me.

Something I noted about the land, there is far less than I thought there was. I assume in updates they'll add squares, but as is I need more to build my planned southwest and southeast portions of the town. So no Lake Springfield or Burns Manor yet...

----

Anyway, new stuff includes:

• Wishing well with Leprechaun - tap him for a few bucks to fall out and he runs away
    • Pub and bartender from In the Name of the Grandfather
    • Giant Magnifying Glass for $3 Million
    UP AND ATOM!

Formerly known as E.A. Moz

Thanks for the update! You're the man, @Captain Squid!

At least we'll all feel wrong together.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    Pub and bartender from In the Name of the Grandfather
    Tom O'Flanagan? Sweet!

Is it just me or is the pub disproportional? Even so, I'm very excited for a new, free building!

I'm tempted to buy the leprechaun, but 150 donuts is pretty expensive..

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My god that glitch. Thank you everyone for telling me, this was easily the best thing that happened to me this week. I tried really hard to restrain myself, but I still ended up getting almost all of the premium stuff in the game and even got the Escalator to Nowhere with all the money I got. It felt very wrong and cheatish to other players and EA, but God it felt so great to get all of the stuff that I was certain I'd never even get to see in game. So happy right now.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

I'm also happy to have all this stuff whereas I didn't spend a single on this game.
    However, we can't have the old premium stuff (witch Marge, or Santa's Village...)
    And I guess they're going to fix this bug soon.

I will never use this glitch because I won't have the pleasure to play anymore if I use it...
    My Simpsons Season 26 Ratings/Reviews:
    Clown in the Dumps : 1/5 / The Wreck of the Relationship : 3,5/5 / Super Franchise Me : 3/5 / Simpson Horror Show XXV : 2,75/5

Blog Entries

I just tried doing the glitch, but my game crashed...

I contemplated doing the glitch, and in the end I figured that I will never ever own all the premium items and the game has already taken a toll on my day to day life. I check it five times a day, if not more. At least now I don't have to constantly do tasks, and I can spend less time playing and more time building my dream Springfield. Once new content rolls in, and the glitch is fixed, I'll have a reason to get back into being hardcore so I can earn XP for donuts to get whatever premiums are to come.

Blog Entries

I'll get the premium items when I get them, but I need that Leprechaun! Sadly, I only have 107 donuts, and no more money on my iTunes account.

Ah so you guys found out about the Negative 3 Donut cheat.

Yeah my friend got everything. I personally wouldn't mind to check out all the characters and land but just like pokemons rare candy cheat I wanted to build it all up myself.

He says regrets it because he has too much power.

ANYWAY.

Where's this guy

EA's debt list : Father Sean - Shary Bobbins - Chirpy Boy & Bart Junior - Kang Topiary- Blocko Store
    Will not accept barter in the form of 'donut' currency.

A World Without Lawyers HerbertMcHoover's Avatar

They need more land expansions. I'm almost maxed out.

I agree, more land is needed. I spent a better part of the day yesterday working on my Springfield, thanks to the donut glitch, and found that I need a lot more land to the East and South if I want to make my dream town. As is, the Power Plant is too close to the town square, there is no space for a Lake, and Downtown is only a block wide. Still, I was able to make pretty screen accurate Tapped Out versions of the Power Plant, Burns Manor, mini golf course, Police Station, Try-N-Save, Lard Lad, Gulp n Blow, and hospital. Places with little else shown on screen are a bit harder. Like the greyhound track, Channel 6 and Krustylu.

Anyway, since In The Name of the Grandfather features in the latest update, I thought I'd give the episode a watch last night and I noticed this awesome flyover of the town:

It conflicts a bit with the series, but its cool to see the Simpsons house, Veteran's Park (aka Springfield Park), Moe's, King Toots, the school and the retirement home all in one shot.

Blog Entries

The glitch seems to be working. I lost 3 donuts, so I'm down to 104. I still don't know if I want to continue though... What will happen when EA fixes the glitch? Will they take away all the premium items we bought using the glitch? I want the Leprechaun so much, but I'm kind of skeptical about this...

I really can't see how they can take stuff away, since some might be bought legitimately, and some might be from the glitch. But even then, its not as though any jail breaking or hacking was done.

In any case, I'm not doing it any more, so I can remain "clean" for a while before they fix it.

---

Anyway, photo time! Sorry for all the images.

Last edited by Captain Squid; 03-09-2013 at 07:18 AM.

Blog Entries

I think I might just buy Dr. Nick and some other stuff so I can do the glitch and get my donuts down to -3. Hopefully it works, otherwise I think I might lose my mind.

Looks good! Have you ever played the game Virtual Springfield? Many of the Tapped Out buildings are in the game, so you can see a general layout of Springfield.

Quote Originally Posted by likecharges View Post
    Looks good! Have you ever played the game Virtual Springfield? Many of the Tapped Out buildings are in the game, so you can see a general layout of Springfield.
    Yeah, I based my map on that and whatever the show itself reveals as well as this old fan project:
    http://adn.blam.be/springfield/

If there is contradiction, I just go with what works best.

Oh yeah! Forgot Burns Manor in my last post:

It's hard getting that circle right, so I did the best I could with what Tapped Out can offer.

Blog Entries

Nice pictures @Captain Squid!

I wish we had more fences - the shorter wired fences near the Police Station and the shorter brick walls near the Gulp-N-Blow frequently occur in the episodes.

Blog Entries

The glitch worked! It actually worked!!!! Shopping-spree time!

A World Without Lawyers HerbertMcHoover's Avatar

Have fun, @Kid Moe. You need tons of land expansions. That's for sure.

I hope we get some stuff as seen in the Gulp n Blow picture and 360 degrees items.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HerbertMcHoover View Post
    Have fun, @Kid Moe. You need tons of land expansions. That's for sure.
    Yeah, I know. That's what I'm doing right now.

The Crime-Solving Boat Knightboat's Avatar

I don't know, I'm still unsure whether I should do it or not. http://www.supercheats.com/guides/th...t/cheats-bugs/

A Serious Cheating Warning
    Normally we do not include a section on game cheating in our guides, but the with The Simpsons: Tapped Out this is a special case and, as it applies to pretty much all of the freemium-grinding games that EA creates that function on the client-server model, this is good information for you to be given and especially if you are considering using the widely publicized cheats from videos on YouTube and elsewhere on the Web -- because while they tell you how the cheats work, there is something really important that they do NOT tell you: EA has been banning cheaters.

The unofficial SuperCheats game guides and walkthroughs never advocate cheating in game play, and in particular in mobile pay-and-freemium titles for a number of reasons, starting with the fact that when you play a game in which you fudge the challenges the game loses much of its luster, and you value your efforts less, but also because there can be consequences.

In this case there have been reported -- and confirmed -- cases of EA Mobile bringing the banhammer down hard on players caught cheating. Gamers who abused the set-clock cheat to finish tasks and quests early report being banned by EA Mobile, and having their game deleted on the server.

Gamers who abused the storage cheat (especially the cheat in which you send Skinner out to do the 24h Birdwatching Task, then put the tree in storage and send him out on a different tree over and over, which has the effect of running all of the tasks concurrently so that when he finally does complete the last one you set him out on you get paid for all of them) with several gamers reporting that not only did they get their game deleted on the server, but their iOS device was banned from connecting to it for Tapped Out AND other EA Mobile titles!

Only you can decide if cheating is right for you, but bear in mind that in addition to being banned or having your game and all your purchases and hard work deleted on the server if they catch you, the time-slipping cheats are known to cause serious bugs in the game that make it unplayable as well, so really it just is not worth doing.

That is our .02 cents on the matter.
    I'm actually still unclear on what I would have to do. If I choose to do it, would I have to basically have my money and donut count at zero, then place a bet and while the dogs are racing buy a scratch card? Then, once both my money and donut count is in the negatives, keeping buying money with donuts so I have loads of money while my donut count keeps going further into the negatives?

Blog Entries

Oh, shit...

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Moe View Post
    Oh, shit...
    Yeah, I know. I'm dubious.

Blog Entries

I don't want to be banned!

I think you should be fine. I'm sure there are LOADS of people who've used the glitch to their advantage so banning all of them wouldn't be beneficial to EA. Remember, EA are only thinking about themselves.

Blog Entries

Yeah, but I'm still worried. I've spent SO MUCH time and money on this game. I don't want it to disappear!

Thread Information