Page 20 of 191 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast

Thread: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS/Android game)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Junior Camper

Not Ralph. It's a lotto card that gives you either 1, 2, or 3 donuts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WeaselStomper View Post
    Not Ralph. It's a lotto card that gives you either 1, 2, or 3 donuts.
    Really? Sweet!

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Yeah, you get one free scratch at the card for 1, 2 or 3 donuts, and then you also have the option to buy a second and third scratch (same potential of 1-3 donuts per scratch). Forgot how much each cost, but I think it was 50,000 each or something. So make sure to save up your $$$ when you're nearing the prize box on your EXP bar!
    UP AND ATOM!

The Crime-Solving Boat Knightboat's Avatar

Oh man, I have to get Burns' Manor and Pimento Grove yet.

Has anyone won $10,000 from scratchies yet?
    Simpsons Tapped Out ID: Knightboat89

I won the second highest scratch card amount. Scratch cards are the best thing to happen to this game. They took something addicting and added it to something addicting!

My wife gives me grief sometimes for playing Tapped Out too much, and I point out to her that it IS advertised as being "Life Ruiningly Fun!". It's not my fault.

---

Correction on the XP gifts: you get one free scratch for 1, 2 or 3 donuts. Then you can buy another chance for 50k if you don't like your first scratch amount. If you don't like the second scratch amount, you get a third chance at a scratch.

I just got 2 donuts, and was happy with that. Didn't want to blow 100k on the chance for 3 to replace my 2.

---

Also, been waiting for the snow to go before I shared my town hall:

Last edited by Captain Squid; 02-11-2013 at 06:52 AM.

Blog Entries

If you log in today, you get 5 free donuts! Yay!

I just won $2,500 on scratch cards which I think is my highest yet. I can't be sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Moe View Post
    If you log in today, you get 5 free donuts! Yay!
    Wow, thanks for the notice. I would've logged in anyway but I just collected them then.

System update! Wimmum House, El Chemistri, Ralph, Rabbit Topiary and Swing Set added as green bucks items
    Police Car and Tetherball (with a cement block) added as premium items

Tetherball scene:
    http://youtu.be/smw71CRuNFw

For those going for show-accurate towns:

it appears a Pink House is to the left of the Wiggum House, and behind the backyard is mostly woods. So it could be at the back of Pressboard Estates just as the Simpsons are in the Movie.

According to Grift of the Magi, the Hibbert house is to the right of the Wiggum house. But since there is no Hibbert house yet, you can put whatever there until the Hibbert house releases (if it ever does). Funny, I was wathing Bye Bye Nerdie and Homer visits Hibbert and then Wiggum in his baby proofing venture, but the two aren't next door to each other. In fact, the Wiggum house isn't even the correct color or design.

Considering in I Love Lisa, Ralph and Lisa pass the Simpson home first on the way back from school, I've placed the Wiggum house further from Springfield Elementary in comparison to the Simpson home.

As for the backyard, it can be seen clearly in This Little Wiggy:

Pretty simple: Swingset to the left, tree to the right. There are no rocks or sandboxes in Tapped Out... yet.

---

I've also found another shot of the Ice Cream Parlor:

Last edited by Captain Squid; 02-14-2013 at 08:20 AM.

Blog Entries

I just started building the Wiggum house! I still can't believe that it's taken us this long to get Ralph! I'm so happy right now!

Tell Us What it Am SchmatisfiedHomer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have 614 hearts so far. God, I need to get rid of a few friends. I don't wanna make getting hearts this easy.
    My Favorite Episodes: Homer's Barbershop Quartet, Itchy and Scratchy Land, Homer and Apu, Burns' Heir, and Rosebud.
    My Least Favorite Episodes: Elementary School Musical, Lisa Goes Gaga, Kill the Alligator and Run, Saddleshore Galactica, and The Ten-Per-Cent Solution.
    "Kids, kids, you tried your best, and you failed miserably. The lesson is...never try." ~Homer Simpson
    "I just think they're neat." ~Marge Simpson on potatoes
    "If anyone needs me, I'll be in my room." ~Lisa Simpson and her "catchphrase"
    "Why did you leave me here when I clearly need medical attention?" ~Bart Simpson on Lisa thinking love can heal him
    "(suck, suck)" Maggie Simpson

What are we supposed to do with excess hearts? I have about 100 extra hearts and don't know what to do with them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Knightboat View Post
    What are we supposed to do with excess hearts? I have about 100 extra hearts and don't know what to do with them.
    Be pretty nice if we could convert them to donuts at the end of the update.

Quote Originally Posted by SchmatisfiedHomer View Post
    Be pretty nice if we could convert them to donuts at the end of the update.
    That would be ideal but we all know that's not going to happen.

What happened with our excess Santa coins at the end of the Christmas update? I can't remember what happened to them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Knightboat View Post
    That would be ideal but we all know that's not going to happen.

What happened with our excess Santa coins at the end of the Christmas update? I can't remember what happened to them.
    Pretty sure they just disappeared, unless I missed something.

I think you're right. If they did convert into anything I'm sure I'd remember.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They all just disappeared into nothingness (pretty sure Homer ate them). If you had any jobs going on in-between the nights, they instead gave you a lot of money as a replacement.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1010011010 View Post
    They all just disappeared into nothingness (pretty sure Homer ate them).
    Yeah, Homer ate them.

If you have a lot of hearts, why not buy a bunch of Valentines items since they give you XP which in turn gives you donuts? That's what I've been doing. Fingers crossed that they aren't giving us something for all our leftover hearts.

If anyone has noticed they fixed up that awful design when the brick walls meet on a corner somewhere in a new update.

Now its all perfectly neat.

!!!
    EA's debt list : Father Sean - Shary Bobbins - Chirpy Boy & Bart Junior - Kang Topiary- Blocko Store
    Will not accept barter in the form of 'donut' currency.

@CMYK - I haven't noticed that! Maybe because the corners looked bad so I removed all of them. Gonna have to play around with my town to make some improvements. Thanks for the tip!

Wish we got more Season 24 goodies, like the Ayn Rand School for Tots to celebrate The Longest Daycare or a new task where Milhouse dresses up like his dad and does that goofy kneeless walk around town.

Gotta say, the season 23/24 buildings have some awesome designs. El Chemistri and the Subatomic Supercollider are really cool looking buildings.

Also, I find it odd that the Wiggum house has a stack of bills while all other houses have the gold dollar sign for when income tax is due. Does Wiggum not pay income taxes?

---

Edit: Showing off my town, since the snow melted:

Springfield Elementary: Used a lot of episodes for reference, everywhere from old episodes that spend a lot of time on the playground to opening titles (both SD and HD) as well as episodes that have scenes in some usually unexplored sections of the school grounds. A Test Before Trying and The President Wore Pearls give good looks at the parking area for instance.

The Church: Showed this off not too long ago, but it was covered in snow. Here is a greener look at it:

Comparison:

The Wiggum House:

Comparison:

Last edited by Captain Squid; 02-17-2013 at 09:08 AM.

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

Was watching HD era episodes on my hard drive while playing Tapped Out, the eps The Fool Monty and Adventures in Baby Getting actually showed a lot of rarely seen parts of the school grounds, so I updated my town to match what was seen in these episodes:

Also placed the flower shop and the ice cream shop, matching their show appearances as best I could. Given neither are very consistent and don't have a firm location, I placed them south of the Kwikemart. Also updated the Kwikemart thanks to the fix they made to the brick walls:

---

Oh yeah, and for those looking for a place to put a swingset, the VanHouten residence has always had one in the backyard:

Last edited by Captain Squid; 02-18-2013 at 02:18 PM.

23. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

Blog Entries

Did anyone else know that you can still buy the Funzos? They are the last items on the premium shop page.

Yup! During the christmas event they didn't have the "limited time" tag, so I figured they'd stick around.

Shame new players never got the graveyards.

@Captain Squid Your school grounds are looking great, bud. I'm loving the screen-cap updates you're giving us.

Thanks! I've been researching other buildings and where they could be placed. Right now I've been looking into Springfield Penitentiary. I was surprised to learn, at least according to the Simpsons wiki, that it is a relatively new building, debuting in season 15: http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Springfield_Penitentiary

It doesn't have a firm place, but according to all the episodes that it has appeared in, it is out in the country surrounded by grass and trees. No other buildings can be seen nearby:

The Ziff Who Came to Dinner features a scene where the camera flies from the Power Plant, into the sky, and then back down to the prison. So I'd assume it's near the SNPP, perhaps separated by Lake Springfield. So the prison would sit just outside the woods that surround Lake Springfield most likely, to the west or east of the Simpson home (depending on where you placed your home).

---

So I decided to dip into crazy person territory and sketch out my grand plan for the town. Using all the crazy person logic from my previous posts, and taking into account all the buildings available and the areas of Springfield seen in the many episodes/games/comics I came up with this:

I figured this is one possible layout for the town, and personally I think it works quite well. Really, I'm just working in four quadrants:

NorthWest is middle class housing and the old city (town hall, founder statue)

SouthWest is more wooded with Cletus's home, campgrounds (Kamp Krusty is rumored to debut this summer) the Power Plant, the prison

NorthEast is across a river and includes the SPRINGFIELD sign, middle class shopping and amusements (Try N Save, Mini Golf, bowling) with the Hospital and graveyard further east.

SouthEast is more industrial buildings and television studios, as well as bigger landmarks like the escalator and popsicle stick tower. South of this is the rich part of town, with Burns Manor (a short drive to the Power Plant), Springfield Downs, the fancier restaurants and the Observatory

I figure if I leave enough room in each quadrant, I can easily add buildings to the proper areas as they appear in the game.

I just wish I wasn't saving up for the popsicle stick tower and the escalator. Up til they appeared in the store, I was adding a plot of land a day. I probably would have had half my town done by now :P
    Last edited by Captain Squid; 02-19-2013 at 10:45 AM.

Blog Entries

Well, I just started building the El Chemistri restaurant, and with that, I am officially out of space in my Springfield. Gonna have to buy more land soon. I might end up doing a show accurate town, but I'd have to find the time to do it, because my town is all over the place. At this point, I'm just putting buildings wherever I have space.

EDIT: Did I mention that I am also out of money?

Have you considered house farming, @Kid Moe ?

I haven't, but I'd imagine a little clump of houses constantly churning out $ would benefit you, and then when you're done with them you can disperse them amongst a neighborhood or sell them for more cash.

Blog Entries

I guess I could try that after I buy another land expansion. Thanks @Captain Squid!

More nerdy notes on the layout of Springfield - watching Bart's Girlfriend, I noticed that there is a sizable public park just south (in fact across the street!) from the church: Veteran's Park "In Honor of Some Veterans"

Layout is similar to the town square, but with far more trees and a forested area before you hit a street and the church. While we don't have a statue of a guy on a horse, or rocks, this would be a super easy addition to any town given you just need trees, benches and bushes. I figure, replace the horse rider statue with a fountain or a topiary rabbit or angel. There is also an oddly placed cornfield (for the Planet of the Apes parody) but one could either ignore this, or replace it with a pumpkin patch.

A World Without Lawyers HerbertMcHoover's Avatar

Question: on the real show, was the House of Evil next to King Toot's?

Thread Information