Page 19 of 191 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast

Thread: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS/Android game)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Formerly known as E.A. Moz

The game is saying that a lot of you haven't done the update, is this true? I find it hard to believe that only one of my neighbors on there have done it so is something up with the server?

The Crime-Solving Boat Knightboat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1010011010 View Post
    Good God! My Springfield looks so... green. Is this really what the game's supposed to look like? I'm going to miss winter, glad I can keep the decorations though.

I really like all of the added content to get. Especially the Choo Choo You Train and the Golf Course. The Scratch cards are a pretty nice addition that I hope they keep and that there's only 1 Premium item. And thank god I only got the Lisa Snowman out of curiosity. Can't wait to get all of this stuff as soon as all my friends update their games.
    No, I'm sure it looks a little different. I noticed that they've taken away the grid squares so that it only shows when you're placing and/or moving things. As for the overall look, I'm sure the colouring is more saturated than it used to be. Then again, it's been quite a while since we didn't have snow covering our Springfields.

I've got to be honest and say I was sceptical at first about the Valentines update. I seemed a little lame, but the Kwik-E-Mart scratchies in which you actually rub the screen to reveal is a pretty damn cool touch.
    Simpsons Tapped Out ID: Knightboat89

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm just shocked because I've always played the game with the winter background and never knew how it looked in it's normal look. I don't know, it just looks a little off to me or something.

Also, I still can't go to any of my friends Springfield's. I really hope it fixes itself in a few days. I really want to get the Golf Course and the Choo Choo Choose Train as soon as possible. Got Phineas Butterfat's just now. Love the Scratch Cards and all of the touches put into the update though.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

The colors definitely didn't look as strong to me but I could be trying too hard to see something different. When I started just before winter I only had a third of the town I have now.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

Really? I'm pretty sure it was like that before the winter update.

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Many of my friends are starting to become available to visit, hooray!

In fact, it is insanely easy to rack up hearts. I'm only 2 days in and I already have everything purchased aside from the Choo Choo Choose You train!

I've noticed that when I visit some towns, there are no Valentines, and I think I've figured it out: you are only able to give enough Valentines as there are characters in a town. So if you have 30 characters, and people have given you 30 Valentines by clicking buildings, then the next person to visit your town will not see any Valentines to give. At least, until you click all your characters and collect your Valentines.

I'm pretty sure that also means that if you have more characters than buildings, then you only get as many Valentines as there are buildings in your town.

If there are more buildings than characters, then the Valentines icons are randomly placed on buildings (totaling up to the number of characters you have). If the final Valentine is being given, and the giver still has one or two more clicks to make, all the Valentines will disappear leaving only the cash registers and income tax options.
    UP AND ATOM!

Blog Entries

Contacted EA this morning, still waiting to here back. Looks like I'll have to get on using my niece's iPad for the time being...

Do you live outside the U.S., @Kid Moe?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Knightboat View Post
    Do you live outside the U.S., @Kid Moe?
    Nope.

Hi - I run a blog aimed at helping people with common questions on The Simsons Tapped Out - take a look - http://tstotips.wordpress.com/
    Mad Simpsons fan and really enjoy the game.

Blog Entries

Great job @Nattawut07 !

Blog Entries

I just updated to IOS 6.1 and that's seemed to have fixed my problems with the game.

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Knightboat

Who here has seen Ralph and the Wiggum house in the updates? I haven't seen them myself.
    Simpsons Tapped Out name: Zim999777

Quote Originally Posted by Nattawut07 View Post
    Hi - I run a blog aimed at helping people with common questions on The Simsons Tapped Out - take a look - http://tstotips.wordpress.com/
    Mad Simpsons fan and really enjoy the game.
    That's awesome, are you on the game? If so, I'd like a new neighbor.

Blog Entries

I just broke down and spent all my iTunes money on donuts so that I could get Shauna. I'm guessing she doesn't talk? Kind of disappointing, but oh well.

Did some Valentine delivering earlier today and spotted the Wiggum house, a swing set (hooray, the Springfield Elementary schoolyard is gonna look even better!), the escalator to nowhere and the popsicle stick tower.

The escalator has a never-ending line of people falling off the top, I think one of them is a writer from the show. Might have been picked from the random background character catalog. Popsicle stick tower sways in the wind.

Thought I'd write a whole bunch about Phineas Q. Butterfat's 5600 Flavors Ice Cream Parlor and how it fits in with the town. Why? Because I'm bored!

Based on the Simpsons wiki, I've skimmed through the episodes in which the Ice Cream Parlor appears and found some interesting stuff:

• Phineas Q. Butterfat's has multiple locations in Springfield. There is one in the mall (Lisa's Pony), one in Radio Bart that may or may not be the mall location (we don't see an exterior), one in Homer Alone with a Marge Simpson-like cone atop the building (this is not the one seen in Tapped Out), The Boy Who Knew Too Much has Bart exiting the parlor, but we don't get a clear view of the building and the setting is a typical downtown area. However, earlier Bart is seen at the Aztec. In King Size Homer the parlor appears, but again it could be in the mall or at a standalone location. Mall location is seen again in The Homer They Fall.

• Finally! The Phineas Q. Butterfat's location seen in Tapped Out appears in It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Marge! Again, location isn't really clear, but it isn't in the mall and it's probably the same one seen in The Boy Who Knew Too Much. The Bart Wants What It Wants features a location that combines the Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Marge location and the Homer Alone location (old timey sign, ice cream head on top):

Parking spots out front and the fence to the side are not seen in any previous versions, where the parlor was right up against the sidewalk. These elements, however, are totally doable in Tapped Out and would look pretty cool.

• You Kent Always Say What You Want has a location that is pretty much 1:1 with the Tapped Out building:

Like the one seen in The Boy Who Knew Too Much and Mad Marge, it appears to be in the Simpsons neighborhood.

• The Marge cone location appears again in Poppa's Got a Brand New Badge:

• Phineas Q. Butterfat's appears in the opening sequence of the HD intro (the location with the Marge-like cone atop the building), but the building is inaccurately placed right next to the Android's Dungeon. Skip's Diner should be next to Android's Dungeon.

Long post short: Many locations exist of the ice cream parlor. Best I can put together is that the one seen in Tapped Out exists near the town square, perhaps off to the east or west (depending on the space one has in their town).

---

As for the popsicle stick tower and the Escalator, here is a great image that shows their relation to each other as well as the land that surrounds them:

Junior Camper

How can anyone afford the escalator or the popsicle stick tower? I'm a fairly regular player who's been playing since the start and very conservative about what I spend money on, and can't afford either. Close-ish to the cheaper one, though, but still a ways away.

I earn about $70,000 a day, so I'm looking to have enough for the cheaper of the two in two weeks. Will take about a month to earn $2,000,000. Considering the Valentine's update only uses hearts, and it lasts about a month, earning that much isn't crazy as long as thee aren't any other buildings to buy. I assume March will bring about El Chemestri and the Wiggum house.

Hahahah I can't wait to get that escalator. I didn't know people fell off it. That flippin hilarious @Captain Squid maybe they have a franchise. I personally wished they kept the Marge-like cone.

While we are on topic, Where's my She She lounge. I want this lesbian bar thank you.

EA's debt list : Father Sean - Shary Bobbins - Chirpy Boy & Bart Junior - Kang Topiary- Blocko Store
    Will not accept barter in the form of 'donut' currency.

I have a few of the V-Day plants and the Phineas ice cream shop, I'm hoping I get a crap ton of hearts to get a lot more stuff.

A World Without Lawyers HerbertMcHoover's Avatar

I think this thread should be stickied. Anyways, glad they are adding more playground equipment to Tapped Out.

We're posting in it often enough to keep it bumped so I don't think getting it stickied is necessary. Plus, if we have it stickied then it wouldn't turn up in the Master Forum when people bump it.

I got Springfield General the other day.

By the way, have you guys left your Christmas trees out? I was going to stick it into my inventory but it's still spitting out money.

I kept mine out just for that reason!

If anyone wants they can add me at: r-bax@hotmail.com

Oh wait what. The christmas trees still generate money?
    I put mine all away.

Mannnn When do I get the wiggum house. I want it nowwwww..

My friend says its heaps glitchy. And I wonder if they'll add some sort of valentines function to spend the hearts just like we did with the christmas sack and coins.

I can't wait to get Ralphie!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mozy View Post
    I can't wait to get Ralphie!
    Yeah, same here.

So I recently reached level 25 and at the end of the experience bar is a prize icon. I'm assuming it's because EA haven't added anything past level 25. Does anyone know what happens when you reach it?

my theory is its Ralph

Thread Information