Page 185 of 190 FirstFirst ... 85135175176177178179180181182183184185186187188189190 LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,550 of 5693

Thread: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS/Android game)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Lol I finished Springfield heights (including maxing out on all the currencies to get the icons to go away) literally yesterday

Blog Entries

Looks like the Halloween event is starting soon.

Blog Entries

I've finally bought all available land, upgraded my IRS building to max level and bought all Ornate Tiles. Took quite some farming but its finally over, now I'm more then ready for Halloween. Looks like Lisa is going to direct a movie, looking forward to it.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

I actually look forward to this event because it has a timely theme to it and genuinely looks interesting. None of this mish-mash future shit which totally clashes with the rest of the visuals of Springfield

i hope they have some decent new prizes. the last couple have been mostly old shit plus new stuff that i don't care for/about

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Halloween 2016 kicked off and.... it is very complicated. Tap monsters, fight monsters, trick or treating and three different item progressions.
    UP AND ATOM!

Quite a fun event. Although the dark tint they've put against Springfield is really distracting

Blog Entries

I'm liking this event so far, atleast its down to 2 resources rather then 3 (those damn useless Future Bucks...). A lot of Halloweenish prices, though the crafting prices has to many old stuff. I sure as hell don't need more haunted houses that keeps coming back. I wish the game stopped closing down by itself, it happens quite frequently for a while. Now I'm tempted to buy Crazy Cat Lady.

Blog Entries

Well, the Halloween event is a pretty big one....literally, this update ate up a lot more of my data then the previous ones did. I'm also not sure how to feel about another really long even that won't end until like a week or two from Thanksgiving. At least it looks good so far, and I like the creepy music and dark lightning, it helps give the event atmosphere. Hope it can keep being interesting for the new month and a half.

The new event characters look pretty cool this time around. I'm looking forward to getting Frink's dad, Death, Blinky as the Creature from the Black Lagoon, werewolf Ned, and the green blob. I'm even kind of tempted to buy Crazy Cat Lady, especially since the deal to buy her and her Halloween costume at the same time actually costs less then to buy CCL on her own normally. I'm disappointed that we didn't a Maggie with tentacles from that THOH segment where she's Kang's daughter though. Incidentally, has anyone else noticed that there hasn't been an event with a new Marge costume for almost the whole year? Even this event has a Witch Marge costume as a prize you can randomly unlock in the jack o lantern thing, but from what I understand, that was a costume from a previous event. I guess maybe they ran out of ideas for good Marge costumes now or something. I did notice that when you chose what costume you want your character to wear, they show the unlock art instead of a game sprit, so that's kind of cool.

I'm still hoping for Kang, Kodos, and Hugo. I know they were in older events from before I played the game, but I'm hoping they'll be brought back, even though it will probably be as premium characters. Well, Kang and Kodos are probably a sure-thing, I have no idea about Hugo though.

Incidentally, does anyone know if Blinky as the Creature from the Black Lagoon has actually appeared on the show before, or did the game make him up?

Blog Entries

He's from "There's Something About Marrying"

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    I'm still hoping for Kang, Kodos, and Hugo. I know they were in older events from before I played the game, but I'm hoping they'll be brought back, even though it will probably be as premium characters. Well, Kang and Kodos are probably a sure-thing, I have no idea about Hugo though.
    I don't see why Hugo wouldn't be brought back eventually, but yeah more than likely he would be a premium purchase as well.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Man, this game has gotten weird.

Yep.

Merry Christmas!

I'm really on the fence about how I feel about this Halloween event. Although I do like the changes to the appearance of the trees

Blog Entries

The 4 year tsto-infographic from EA got released recently with some interesting graphs:

Just got the app a couple weeks ago, and I usually play it if the occasion allows. Currently level 20, and I'm hoping to get to 21 soon. ID is justinhc97 if you'd want to add me.
    Last edited by juStNick; 10-10-2016 at 06:57 AM.

Kinda mad I had to miss my 5 donuts from the monorail because the game wants plastic. All my plastic guys are off trick or treating or fighting monsters.

They really need to stop doing things like that and start using different characters for different farming jobs.

18. Thumbs Up To This Post by: box elder

maybe it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't also seem to have some algorithm that makes sure whichever item you're lowest on is the one that will be required. seriously, since this event started and 3/4 of my plastic people are busy, i think the "big" project has asked for plastic every single time

I quit Tapped Out last week, after three years.

I'd considered it for a while and I did remove it for a day so I could listen to a couple of albums on Spotify offline, but this year's Halloween event had absolutely nothing of interest for me so I thought I'd finally take it off for good.

Don't miss it at all!

i've got the classic sunken cost fallacy going with this thing. like, "i've invested all this time already!" it's stupid. i wish they'd just end the game but keep the servers up so i could maybe just focus on finishing my town once and for all. i know i could technically do that already and just ignore new content, but my competitive/completest brain won't let me

I was just tapping through friend's towns and came across a giant sandbox that I've never seen before. When I tapped it, Spider Willie from Nightmare on Evergreen Terrace crawled out! It was very very cool.

So my question is, where the hell did this come from? It's not in Act 1 and not in the shop, and I don't recall it from a previous THoH event. Maybe the person hacked their town for future items?

Blog Entries

I checked online, and according to some sites from people who've data-mined the game, spider Willie isn't supposed to be released for purchase until November 1.

So yeah, that guy who already has it hacked the game.

Thanks!

Glad to know I didn't miss out on it. It is a really cool decoration. Makes me wonder if we'll see a Freddy-like skin for Willie.

Btw, I'm liking the event so far. True, there are quite a few big items that are not canon or from any episodes, but there are also some really cool early THoH stuff including Count Burns castle.

Even Springfield can't escape the political atmosphere:

How come they don't expand Krustyland more or add more land areas?

Blog Entries

I think it's because nobody (or at least most people) don't seem to like it, or it just never caught on. The only times they mention Krustyland is for jokes about how abandoned it is because no ever goes there anymore.

Anyway, I've actually been enjoying this event so far, it's been fun. I especially like how they've increased the amount of characters you can use to fight monsters now, so it's much easier know to have enough to take down all the giant monsters in your town, plus it means that now you can characters that have been mostly ignored in the major events for this year (such as Marge and Reverend Lovejoy). And the prizes have been pretty good so far, I'm especially looking forward to Death. The premium characters look much more interesting then the ones from the last event too.

Speaking of which, is it just me, or does anyone else think it's weird that none of the prizes or premium items for this event actually come from THOH XXVII? I mean, I now they did that mini episode tie-in a while ago, but this whole event is named after that episode, and they almost have nothing in common. Maybe this is has been the norm for the previous THOH events and I haven't noticed because I haven't played the game that long, but I don't know, it just feels weird to me.

Krustyland was an interesting, but failed, experiment. It was an attempt at expanding the game not via a larger map, but via a whole new area. To be honest, the concept DID sound good in theory. But the problem is, Krustyland really is not an iconic location in the show and it can only go so far with theme park rides. Krustyland actually never appeared in the show prior to Tapped Out and the Universal ride. It was only ever mentioned. We didn't actually see it on the show until after the Universal park, and much of the Tapped Out appearance was based on the fictional map seen at Universal.

I did attempt to build out the park to match the in-universe layout, but EA only ever produced maybe 3/4ths of the locations, and the land we got for Krustyland was so huge that it was really difficult to fill it with rides and interesting things. It just ended up looking really baron or cluttered with the same dozen things.

I never visit it anymore, unless there is a quest or task that needs to be completed with it.

Blog Entries

I thought it was some optional thing so I was going to wait do it after I caught up to everyone else at level 59. Then there was the princess penelope level where you can't progress until you do stuff in krustyland, but since I hadn't built it up I had to do like 10 other tasks before that

Originally I was trying to adhere to the universal map but I gave up on that. Then I was just trying to get 5 stars by cramming in as much stuff as possible but I still couldn't get past 4 and half

Krustyland is good to collect extra points with. But yeah, it's pretty pointless. I'd prefer it if we got money out of it rather than krustyland tickets

this may seem petty, but i really hate that when you clear someones "spying" in your town, it takes like 5 seconds for the icon to go away. when you have a bunch that are concentrated together it's almost impossible to tell which you've already cleared and which you haven't and you end up accidentally opening the menu for a bunch of buildings before you can actually clear them all (or else just tap one at a time and wait until the icon clears). but i mean, what possible reason is there to not have the icon just disappear immediately?

32. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

Thread Information