Page 184 of 190 FirstFirst ... 84134174175176177178179180181182183184185186187188189190 LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,520 of 5693

Thread: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS/Android game)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

3 days and something hours left and I'm only at like 20200 chronons or whatever collected. Since I had so many donuts saved I even got the stupid robot friend license thing and visited friends daily agh. Gonna be kinda pissed if I can't get President Lisa after all this.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

The hell, this event is still going... jeez. What's insulting is that we still have the Halloween/Elections/Thanksgiving/Christmas/Winter events coming up this year...

Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    I kinda wish they could've been made harder as I've yet to ever see my PolyVac damaged. .
    well you got your wish in act 3. i actually lost the first time i played

good thing the prizes are even more worthless in this act

Yeah I don't want any of those three prizes and am just happy I got President Lisa at the last moment. I just got moved to a different office for the week so I have good wifi; that really helped me yesterday.

But I can't even log in to my stupid game now even though I never log out so ugh.

EDIT: Welp EA servers are down. Cool.

I'm not even excited for this event to end because they're just going to bombard us with more unnecessary events and prizes once this is finished. I WANT A NORMAL SPRINGFIELD!

yeah i've never been one that cares about if something is "canon" as long as it looks cool and makes sense in my town. but none of the new items do anymore

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I’m not even going to bother with Act 3. In fact, unless something REALLY piques my interest then I may just stop playing the game altogether.
    ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

Blog Entries

Well, I finally got all the prizes, finished Act 3's questline, and unlocked Evil Homer...

...,and it turns out he's just an NPC. He has absolutely no tasks at all and just flourishes his cape if you tap on him. That's it.

What a big fat letdown.

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

...yeah, I wasn’t missing anything.

Played this game since it first came out. Can't put to words how much I love it.

I still love Tapped out because it's addictive. Collecting monorail pieces, building Springfield Heights etc. I just wish it wasn't front-loaded with events all the time

Blog Entries

Event is almost over. Bit dissapointed that the Mechahawk and Evil Homer are tappable NPC's, but otherwise this decent event had a decent ending. I really hope for some more interesting events with a more appealing theme, like my idea of traveling back in time instead of forward. A Futurama event sounds neat aswell. Atleast Halloween is around the corner, really hope they don't dissapoint with that.

Also the Tapped out forums have been down for a while, I wonder whats going on that a major company like EA can't get their forums to stabilise.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

I usually am excited for the Halloween event, but after the future event I feel like we will get 2 weeks tops before another 6 week slog.

I miss the events happening 2-3 times a year, and the other stuff occurring during levels. I also miss events that were super simple, just collect one currency. I'm not about to wear my MAKE TAPPED OUT SIMPLE AGAIN, but still.
    UP AND ATOM!

the "future bucks" in this one is almost a new low for me. they're literally useless unless you craft a bunch of a particular item. but to do that you have to spend a bunch of the real crafting currency that you're trying to save up for other items. that you can't even craft unless you spend even more of that currency to "level up." which means unless you just want a whole bunch of the smaller/dumber items, you end up with 10s of thousands of future bucks that you could never even use like me. what a great game!

I actually am excited for the Halloween event, partly because I haven't played tapped out long enough to experience one before. Anything's better than this horrible future event which clashes with the rest of Springfield

lol @box elder spot on about those stupid fucking Future Bucks. I need ROBOT PARTS goddamn it. You don't even get them from visiting friends, wtf. If I'm gonna craft 4 or 8 of something with the parts to clear my demos and level up to unlock new items, then I'm not gonna buy extras of it later!! I just got the quest for Homer's dream house and uhh I had to spend literally all my parts just to get to that point. I'm not gonna earn another 2000 or whatever any time soon.

It didn't help that the server was down again yesterday, either.

And yeah @AngusCastle I'm pretty sick of the shitty events but I always love Halloween and Christmas. I actually started playing around Thanksgiving one year so I'm very fond of snowy Springfield. I just keep expanding my cemetery area when it comes to Halloween but I need a proper Christmas area.

This god for sakin' update is finally over.

I've big hopes for the Halloween update. I haven't played this game in a while.

Blog Entries

When I first started using the crafting system for this update, I had no idea how to even use future bucks, and the instructions were too vague to be helpful. I ended up having to look online to find out how to use them, and even then, I only used it for daily challenges, making them almost completely pointless. Otherwise, I didn't pay much attention to it until I only had a few days until the event ended, and even then, I barely had enough robot parts to craft everything. Needless to say, this is my least favorite crafting system yet.

This whole event ended up being pretty disappointing. It started pretty of for me, but somewhere need the end of Act 1, it started losing steam. By Act 2, it just feel apart for me, and I started getting bored and I was going through the motions while waiting for the event to hurry up and finish, something that has never happened to me while playing Tapped Out before. And it really didn't help at all that the big two final prizes for this event (Mecha Hawk and Evil Homer), ended up being NPC's, which made me feel very disappointed, now I feel like all that work I put into this event was pointless is this was my reward. Especially Evil Homer, since I was crossing my fingers that he would have a task based off of the "I am Evil Homer!" scene from Whacking Day. The nicest things I can say about the crossover is that at least the PolyVac will still be useful (it ends up giving items to help out Springfield Heights and the Monorail now), and the Bender cameo was kind of funny, even if I'm not sure how they were able to get him to show up in this game. Definitely my least favorite event yet.

I'm looking forward to the Halloween event as well, since I haven't played Tapped Out long enough to go through one yet. I'm definitely going to play though the event to finally get Kang and Kodos (and hopefully Hugo as well).

I'm really liking this Lard Lad mini-event, mainly because I'm hoping to see some of this plot in the season premiere. I always like when they delve deeper into the classic Simpsons brands, like Buzz and Lard Lad and Laramie. Seems they are replacing the mascot and something seemingly goes wrong?

I'm hoping for the chance to get some free donuts out of this Lard Lad event since it is to do with donuts.

Blog Entries

They really aren't giving us any downtime these days, but its just a small and easy mini-event so I don't mind. I didn't even know what this seasons premiere was going to be about, this event actually makes me want to watch it. I guess Halloween will launch right after this event is done.

The stupid Future Bucks conversion didn't do what I expected it to do. I expected it to convert your stupid useless Future Bucks into Robot Parts.

Instead, it spends your Robot Parts to make more Future Bucks​. Fuck.

Legitimately glad to be out of that event. Am fine with this Lard Lad one.

Quote Originally Posted by kupomog View Post
    The stupid Future Bucks conversion didn't do what I expected it to do. I expected it to convert your stupid useless Future Bucks into Robot Parts.

Instead, it spends your Robot Parts to make more Future Bucks​. Fuck..
    Hahaha holy shit. Someone really fucked up on that future bucks thing. Completely useless. I had over 16,000 by the end, unused

I do really like this micro-event. The new Lard Lad is unique and the end prize of Springfield Bowl is a nice big canon in-universe from the TV show item. I also noticed that we are getting a lot of Towne Centre at Springfielde Glenne items. We just got Cinnabun, and now they have Lenny's condo.

I know I've been slacking on my matching the TV show Tapped Out posts, but it is worth noting that Lenny's condo sits between Spiffany's and Vulgari - two other buildings available. Also, worth noting, Towne Centre at Springfielde Glenne is different from Springfield Heights Promenade. I typically see Towne Centre at Springfielde Glenne as being the upper middle class shopping area that is closer to the Simpson home than the northern Springfield Heights which is more for the rich folks.

Last edited by Captain Squid; 09-28-2016 at 08:20 AM.

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

I lol'd at the Lard Lad being set on fire immediately

It's surprising how many things in Tapped Out are always on fire, lol.

Blog Entries

Retro Lard was tempting enough to buy, I really like the design of Retro Lard Lad and having an iconic character brand walking around. The questline is quite short though. Now I'm hoping for Halloween to launch next week as it did previous year.

Blog Entries

I'm torn on Retro Lard Lad. On one hand, I don't really care about having Laird Ladd as a playable character, since he was only in the tie-in episode for like five seconds, and I don't want to waste my donuts when their could be some big premium character coming up in the Halloween event that I would love to get. But on the other hand, Retro Lard Lad looks really, really cool. I guess I'll just think about it for a few more days before coming to a decision. It's certainly the only premium object for this mini-event I would like to get anyway.

It wasn't hard to get the Springfield Bowl, and it's a nice idea to have certain characters perform in it, but I was shocked that the sailor costume wasn't a full-on alternate outfit for Mr. Burns. I guess it's like Ralph's Dalmatian costume from the firefighter mini-event, you can only see when your doing that one task. Kind of a shame, although I do like how you can the New Lard Lad statue set the building on fire.

On the plus side, with how long the sci-fi event went going nowhere and all the downtime I have until the Halloween even starts, I was able to finish both Lisa's redwood tree and Mr. Burns' money pile. Now I just have to finish Springfield Heights and I'll finally be done with every non-event related task in the game.

Springfield Heights giving 4x the rewards is a total blessing. I can finish everything off, including get all the land on heights.

Thread Information