Thread: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS/Android game)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

yeah not a fan. i really wish they'd just have one event where you collect a single currency to straightforwardly win prizes. crafting can suck my dick already. although, i'm pretty sure they're tapped out (lol) on prizes i'd actually care about at this point. i really couldn't give two shits about having a bunch of hovering street signs in my town

Blog Entries

That crafting system seems to be crap, 13 levels seriously ?
    Otherwise, it's an alright event with pretty good prices.

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Make Tapped Out Great Again.

But seriously, this event is a mixed bag. I do love all the new characters, and the premise of Hawking opening a black hole to let in all the parallel universes and future versions of characters. But all the buildings are a bit much. We already have had Zenith City, Las Vegas, the Old West and others, and now we have yet another outside-of-Springfield pack of buildings and items. As somebody who has all the land maxed out and most of the buildings, I can easily say that there is no room for a majority of the non-canon and outside-of-Springfield things. Especially stuff like the Superhero event alleyway and crab juice factory. Those things are huge, as are this event's 3D printer and black hole machine.
    UP AND ATOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    Make Tapped Out Great Again.

But seriously, this event is a mixed bag. I do love all the new characters, and the premise of Hawking opening a black hole to let in all the parallel universes and future versions of characters. But all the buildings are a bit much. We already have had Zenith City, Las Vegas, the Old West and others, and now we have yet another outside-of-Springfield pack of buildings and items. As somebody who has all the land maxed out and most of the buildings, I can easily say that there is no room for a majority of the non-canon and outside-of-Springfield things. Especially stuff like the Superhero event alleyway and crab juice factory. Those things are huge, as are this event's 3D printer and black hole machine.
    Totally agree.

Merry Christmas!

How do you solve the "tap the anomaly" quest?

Blog Entries

The "anomaly" is that blue cube that sometimes shows up in a friends Springfield. You have to visit their Springfield and hope that the cube is there so that you can tap on it.

It's a big pain in the neck as a daily challenge to solve, because the cubes seems to only randomly show up in a friends Springfield at any time it wants, meaning it can take forever for you to find one.

from what i've seen, though, if there is one in a friends' town, it will automatically take you to it. so at least you don't have to search around hoping to find one that may not even be there

am i missing some major way to collect matter or is this one of the more brutal updates in a while? i play 3-4 times a day and am still only on track to get 3/5 of the act one prizes. i haven't been visiting friends super religiously; is that essential for this one?

I'm not sure, I'm trying to find out myself honestly. I haven't bothered with the friends at all mostly because I'm actually trying to work on other parts of the town which is tiring on my eyes, and I just got the hover car yesterday. I would say I play once in the morning around 7am, again 4 hours later to collect the Homers/do another SciFighter, and then again 4-5 hours later when I get home, maybe with one more glance before bed. On the weekend I can play almost every hour or so I make up most of it there but I don't know if that's gonna get me Sgt. Skinner. Really doubt it. I figure if I visited friends every day I'd probably have/be close to the Holo Theater already.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

About the scifighter: it seems to clear your town of robots, but do you actually get paid out for all the robots it clears? I've been making sure to clear my town manually prior to playing that out of paranoia but it's annoying so I'd rather not if I don't have to

I've barely participated in this event. I just want it to over

I only played the first day of the event to unlock Stephen Hawking... (which for some reason I believed it was going to be the only guest star that was going to be added to the game sooner or latter) and uninstalled the game shortly after. I had been playing for about a year and with each event it just feel like more and more actual work and not fun at all. Seems like I'm not missing it.

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Unlocked the Holo-Theater, and that’s about all I wanted at this point. I’ll just wait for The Real Seymour Skinner to show up in a different event.
    ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

Blog Entries

I start to really hate this event. I play like daily and still couldn't get Real SK without spending donuts on it.
    This act seems even more difficult. Ugh.

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think the only way to get the required currency is to actually buy the premium stuff.

Blog Entries

Something I've noticed is that Act 2 for this event is supposed to last for about 13 more days, but the event itself ends in about 20 days. So does that mean that Act 3 is only going to be 7 days long?

Also, Rockstar Maggie just disappeared from the store. I thought they extended the deal so she could stay a few more days, but I guess there was a glitch or EA just forgot and now she's gone. I was on the fence about buying her or not, but now that she's gone, I'll just save the donuts for something else.
    Last edited by AlphaOmega; 08-30-2016 at 11:46 AM.

Blog Entries

Welp I just wasted a bunch of donuts on big ben before researching it

After the event it will display the correct time instead of flashing 12:00 like the gag in the episode which is the whole point of getting it

I too am thinking it's going to be harder than usual (and necessary) to get through this act.

I started Act One two days late, was working a lot and only discovered the update at a festival. I wanted Sgt. Skinner but once I knew I was two days late I knew I had no chance. But I'd really like the future character/house designs. So will try as much as I can, even when I'm working at another festival this weekend.

Blog Entries

Well, I got Mooch Bart. On the plus side, it looks the future versions of characters aren't character skins, their completely separate characters from their original counterparts.

...Hearing Bart's future self's voice still sounding exactly like it was when he ten (maybe even squeaker), even though he's supposed to be decades older by this point, is really bizarre and creepy though (although that's more the fault of the voice direction Nancy Cartwright was given from the episode where they got the voice clips from then anything else).

Blog Entries

Yeay, the servers got hacked, just what we fucking needed during this already awful event.

I noticed the "race cart" betting grand prize went from 2.5 million to 250 grand this weekend. Why'd they lower it?

Maybe too many people were getting money so easily off that bet. Although, I've never won anything off of the highest betting race car

Blog Entries

I noticed they dropped the grand prize for the race kart tracks too. I managed to get the full prize before they lowered the money one time though. I guess they wanted to make players more desperate to get in-game money by spending donuts on it.

But still, what a disappointment. That was the big prize from the last mini-event, and now by lowering the cost it feels like they made it less unique and special because it's less useful now.

I've lost a lot of enthusiasm for this event as time has gone by. At this point, I feel like I'm just killing time by going through the motions, waiting for the third act to start. I even ended up finally completing the Lisa redwood tree quest just because I had nothing else to do, and I'm almost done with the Mr. Burns moneypile quest too. Even the premium characters for this event aren't as interesting as previous ones, the only one I really liked was rockstar Maggie, but they ended up taking her out of the store early and never bothered to fix that glitch and put her back in, so I never got her.

I'm determined to finish the Lisa redwood quest. But I feel very dispassionate about the Mr Burns moneypile quest

The redwood quest is just as underwhelming as the Burns moneypile.

Blog Entries

I quit when the second Superhero event happened. It was clogging my phone storage and I just found myself increasingly disinterested.

Three good years out of it, though. Surprised I stayed for that long.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

I will play Tapped Out until the bitter end, though I will admit that the events are less and less exciting because they happen so frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by yodazone View Post
    The redwood quest is just as underwhelming as the Burns moneypile.
    at least a big redwood is a cool decoration though

also fuck this event. i made a concerted effort to play more often for act 2 but i still won't even sniff president lisa. i guess it's a good thing i don't really give a shit about these prizes

Blog Entries

This event seems to have picked up the difficulty again, in the first and 2nd act I tried to play as much as possible to get all the prices but its gotten pretty close. In act 1 I had about 3 days left and now 4 days, and thats while I try to visit my neighbours as much as possible. The Superhero 2 event was much easier in comparison, but this just required using your heroes as efficient as possible. I'd say the event itself is fine, not one of my favorites but it has a lot of free content and its not as tedious as previous events. The new mini-game is a fun way to earn resources, I kinda wish they could've been made harder as I've yet to ever see my PolyVac damaged.

I do like that they made all these alternate universe characters as seperate playable characters, rather than just skins. I was tempted enough to buy both the Springfield Hyperstadium and Big Digi-Ben, the Rockstar Maggie questline felt a bit dissapointing as she doesn't even speak at all (I mean I can understand this gag for in the show, they'd have to give her a permanent voice actress.... but now we don't even hear her). And it feels cheap that her ''Rock the Hyperstadium'' task takes place under the stadium, rather than inside with something like a cheering audience.

Not sure what to do with all these Sci-Fi buildings, if I gather all the older buildings that resembles its theme I can make a huge portion of my town into a Sci-Fi district.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Thread Information