Thread: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS/Android game)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

I don't think he has a name, but he was in The Old Man and the Lisa.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: AlphaOmega

Blog Entries

Lol, the Family Guy: Quest for Stuff app just started their own superhero event right now.

They even have a mini-game where you can send superhero to fight evil thugs too.
    Last edited by AlphaOmega; 07-28-2016 at 10:22 PM.

Blog Entries

On August 16, Tapped Out is discontinuing service on older phones. From then on, you'll need to have at a minimum iOS 7 or Android 3 to be able to play the game.

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Every time I play this game I really get vexed by the fact that no guest voices (if the members of the “Also Starring” cast are considered guest voices) not named Matt Groening are allowed to voice characters. Particularlybecause almost all female characters are voiced by guest voices (aside from Lisa, Marge, the Bouviers, and a couple others like Britney Brockman and Lisa, Jr). If nothing else, at least get Tress MacNeille because of the sheer amount of characters she voices.
    ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post

And who's that hippie looking guy that comes with the Uriah's Heap Recycling Center? I don't recognize him.
    That's the funny hippie who says « Contemporize, man! » from "The Old Man and the Lisa".

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: AlphaOmega

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    A tunnel through the mountains for the monorail was something I really wanted)
    true, but is that going to stay the final prize for the monorail crafting? Because who could possibly want more than 2 of them? Plus that eliminates one of the ways to get free doughnuts

I forgot about this mini monorail event until there were 2 days left for the first round of prizes, but managed to get the tunnel this weekend. Too bad I don't have enough of Springfield Heights unlocked because of the currency they want. Gotta farm items to unlock land again just for the tunnel to be of real use.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

I, uh, never even got this event started. What was I supposed to do to kick it off?

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Monorail tunnel is great... until you realize that there is a 50/50 chance your entire track is 1 space off from fitting and because there is no one space track piece you are screwed.
    UP AND ATOM!

can you not move the tunnel over one space?

also, i see now that the tunnel was only the first prize and now the final prize is back to doughnuts. but...are we going to at least get a second tunnel? i want to have my monorail complete a circle around the town, so what's the point in having it go into SH if it can't come back out?

On a completely random note, I'm so glad I bought Sherri & Terri. They earn so much money

You can only move the tunnel left and right (West and East) every however many spaces that it is wide. Also, the issue is the North/South arrangement that can throw the whole thing off by one space.

oh yikes. i haven't connected mine yet, but a quick search reveals that a lot of people are having that issue. hopefully that means they do something about it

Blog Entries

So, uh, it looks like the monorail update isn't actually a mini-event, it's a permanent update to the game now, and every week from now you'll get the chance to unlock different prizes, like more monorail tracks and the tunnel into Springfield heights. The real mini-event just started and it's about the Summer Olympics. There's not really that many interesting prizes here, although you can buy Lugash and get a couple of donuts back. That's cool, I guess.

Anyway, I finally managed to save up enough money to unlock Wise Guy. It's kind of a weird feeling knowing that outside of prizes from events, Wise Guy is the last character I'll be able to buy that isn't a premium character. So I guess from now on, outside of events, the goal is to finish the Homerliayas now.

I don't feel particularly passionate about the new Olympics event. Instead, I'm focusing on the monorail and finishing Springfield Heights

Man, I just wanted to work on my monorail. Half the people I need for this Olympics thing are busy doing monorail tasks, blah. I guess Pin Collector Lisa is cute, though. I WOULD like to collect all the pins just to do it but I don't care about Fatov.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    So, uh, it looks like the monorail update isn't actually a mini-event, it's a permanent update to the game now, and every week from now you'll get the chance to unlock different prizes, like more monorail tracks and the tunnel into Springfield heights
    i'm guessing you're relatively new to the game, but the monorail was already an event a couple years ago. i think this was just a way to let people who missed it build a monorail and to introduce the tunnel

I've just got the Monorail tunnel and as aforementioned, it is problematic to say the least

fyi, the insanity cauldron is paying out pills again, though not as many as before (it seems to be 5 no matter how many you tap, whereas before i could usually get 8 or 9)

Blog Entries

Well, this was a really easy mini-event. I got all the prizes and managed to unlock Fatov in only a few days. I guess I'll just unlock those monorail prizes and get those donuts while I just kill for time until this mini-event is over. It's nice to just sit back and not have to worry about trying to win a prize for once, I can just sit back and collect donuts from daily challenges and leveling up.

Quote Originally Posted by box elder View Post
    i'm guessing you're relatively new to the game, but the monorail was already an event a couple years ago. i think this was just a way to let people who missed it build a monorail and to introduce the tunnel
    I am pretty new to the game (only started a few months ago), but I did hear there was a previous monorail event a long time ago, but I hadn't joined by that time.

Also, the insanity cauldron stops giving pills once you have a total of 200, then it just starts giving you money again.

well, yeah. 200 is the "max" you can have at any time. but previously it stopped paying out pills altogether

Pin collecting was actually quite fun, but was over far too quickly. Fatov is a great prize though, as he is a full character with tasks.

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think  Steven Hawking  may be joining the game.

Blog Entries

The Sci-Fi event has dropped, and it seems to be the most Simpson-esque event we've gotten in a while. The new characters are  Stephen Hawking and Sgt. Skinner , and apparently there's 1 new row of land.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Oh of course there is an event. I was just happily earning donuts, track pieces, and other crap with no worries so why not force another timed event into the mix, woo. And this one lasts until *checks* September 20th wow.

Saltiness aside, at least it looks neat enough and I am certainly excited about new row of land~

Blog Entries

Well, I guess it's already time to get started on the next event. It's a shame. I was actually enjoy taking a break after finishing the Olympic Games stuff early. I got to get more monorail pieces and I managed to get a ton of donuts from leveling up and winning them in daily challenges (and daily challenges where you can win donuts pretty much never happens during big events). Oh well. A least the event looks pretty fun, and I actually like the new mini-game.

I really don't know why, in an event that is seemingly about science fiction, the multiverse, and the future, they decided to put in   the real Sgt. Skinner  , unless it's for a joke about how him and his episode are non-canon. Giving  Stephen Hawking   a different text box from everyone else was a nice touch though. I guess that means we'll be seeing more guest characters.

Also, the event also includes  Future Burns and Smithers from Rosebud, a robot Stephen Hawking, an 'Evil' Homer, Future Bart and Lisa from Bart to the Future, and Future Maggie from Holidays of Future Passed.  

And does anyone know what episodes   Evil Homer and the robot that looks like Hawking  come from?

I thought the new event was decent with some cool Simpsons editions.

It's an awesome update, it has been a while.

Merry Christmas!

I already hate this event. I just want to have a regular Springfield for five minutes

32. Thumbs Up To This Post by: box elder

Well, I was too quick to judge. It isn't that good of an update. Too much things are going on, it's already annoying. Wish we could go back to regular Springfield.

Thread Information