Thread: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS/Android game)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
    The return of this superhero crap is almost enough to make me quit this game once and for all. Seriously, does anyone like this stuff? Are most of these characters even real? Who is this solar guy and wind guy? Who are these villains? Can anyone tell me with a straight face that they enjoy having to go through these "fights", which are lamer and more boring than RPG fights from over 20 years ago?
    The completist in me wants to unlock all the prizes, but I can't condone such a shitty excuse for "fun" here. This is not fun. This is work.
    Aside from the basic enemies that you battle, all of these characters and a majority of locations are from episodes. Citizen Solar and Wind Lad were in Married to the Blob, as were Petrolius Rex, Charcoal Briquette and King Coal. Burns' summer mansion was in Springfield Up, Mylar Baggins was in Homer the Whopper. And then you have the obvious Stretch Dude and Clobber Girl stuff with them and the Collector. It also looks like Doctor Crab is incoming, and possibly Milo and Coolsville. There is far more episode stuff in this update than in the Wild West one.

The fights are incredibly easy. Muscle beats Brains, Tech beats Muscle, Brains beats Tech. I personally could do without the fights, but they are a snap once you know what you're doing. You are limited to three social fights per day and do not need to win for them to count.

Honestly, this update is very easy and a lot of the items are from actual eps so I see no reason to quit the game because of it. Remember the horrible Holiday Wheel and that totally cheap Easter update from years back? Those were quit-worthy and had very little actual episode specific stuff.
    UP AND ATOM!

Blog Entries

I love the radioactive man and bartman comics so overall I'm pretty happy with the content... although I looked up spoilers and  it's absolutely criminal that bartman and radioactive man are premium 

Blog Entries

The fighting really is boring, I just quickly play through it at work while waiting for a render to finish or something.

The prizes are all right. I don't remember wind boy and solar boy or whatever at all, but I've been fascinated by Dr Crabs ever since I saw him on the NES box.

The thing annoying me about the fights are how many there are. If I'm not regularly taking these guys down all day long then they just max out in my town and slow everything waaay the fuck down. Having so many roaming mobs that can only be taken out a few at time (if I don't wanna keep buying band-aids) is a bit irritating. Gonna have to put my alley in the middle of nowhere so nothing "taps" the building at any point to generate more felons.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wish they would let you use the normal font during the Superheroes events rather than the Superheroes font. I know a lot of people feel the opposite way for normal playing and non-Superheroes events. I really think they should make the option to change between fonts.
    ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

I don't really care s'long as the game don't lag

i've been forgetting to even play this. it was really too soon for another big multi-act event like this

I keep forgetting to do the social battles. I could've had Tungsten Dude by now, heh.

Blog Entries

Already got the first act prizes. I don't know why, but it feels easier to get the prizes in this event so far.

Not sure how to feel about Old King Coal though. One on hand, he's such a minor character that I didn't even know who he was until I read the prize description and looked it up online, so I should probably dislike him, but I don't know. I actually kind of like him, mostly because his I think his design is pretty cool.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kupomog View Post
    I keep forgetting to do the social battles. I could've had Tungsten Dude by now, heh.
    I have the opposite problem as you. I haven’t been forgetting the social battles (I do have Tungsten Dude), but I have been slogging on the main battles. I’m nowhere near Old King Coal. I really just want Cyborg Snake though, which is what I’m currently going for.

That First Aid Kit prize they give really helped me wipe out those annoying mobs roaming around and slowing my town down so now I can at least manage them but yeah, I've been neglecting to generate the battles. I only want Cyborg Snake, too. Not really interested in the other prizes.

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: ataeaf

Blog Entries

Ugh, gonna have to work my ass off to get Stretch Dude. Even though I didn’t care for the segment I still must have him and Clobber Girl (especially since I already have The Collector).

yeah i'm pretty much burned out on this already and it's only act 1 of 3. i'm not gonna bother stopping playing altogether but i've already resigned myself to the fact that i won't be getting nearly all the prizes

also noticed that the insanity cauldron isn't paying out pills anymore, which means it's totally useless now except as yet another thing to have an annoying icon over it all the time

So, during the Christmas event in 2014 I got bored with the game. I simply quit, and ignored every event in 2015. Now, a couple of days ago, I suddenly said "hey, I should start playing tapped out again". So, I'm back in the game and back in this forum. And I'll probably fail the first act. I'm at 20K brass knuckles, so It seems impossible to hit king coal. Everyone, feel free to add me, username is "jonasbyfugli"

Blog Entries

I came this close to not getting Old King Coal, but I managed it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ataeaf View Post
    I came this close to not getting Old King Coal, but I managed it.

Whoa! This looks like a gray version of The Thing from the Fantastic Four!

Blog Entries

4th of July update just dropped. All the Presidents and Rex Banner are in the store for donuts. Gil's got a new deal to unlock Teddy Roosevelt for 200 donuts.

Also, the update just cut the amount of Social Battles you need to win prizes for the Superhero event by around half. I just unlocked three new prizes thanks to the lower prize requirements.
    Last edited by AlphaOmega; 06-29-2016 at 10:12 AM.

Blog Entries

Now can we have George W. Bush?

I am so happy about the social battle thing. It's still the one thing I just really don't care about following up on but maybe now that'll change. I got Tungsten Dude, saw they wanted another 10 battles, and just said "screw it." This would explain why I suddenly unlocked prize 2 out of nowhere when logging in today.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ataeaf View Post
    Now can we have George W. Bush?
    I figure their probably not going to release Bush as a playable character anytime soon since he's still alive IRL. The only presidents that are in the game are dead ones.

Blog Entries

They fixed the fights so now you can skip them. Thankfully.

Blog Entries

Man, what a shit update

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Part 3 has some pretty cool items, like the Spirograph factory and the prop truck from Radioactive Man. It seems that trading cards are far easier to build up. I bought just about every item as soon as the update hit this morning.

Blog Entries

The Radioactive Man items are great, like the painted horse and the Scoutmaster. Crabjuice is a nice touch too.

Blog Entries

Well, they just dropped a new character into the game that you can unlock by crafting, it's the last of those Fossil Fuel Four guys.

Truth be told, I wouldn't mind if they did more events where you unlock a character by crafting.

Haven't played this event in like a week lol

Blog Entries

Fighting felons has gotten very tiresome, but the 3rd act prizes are to good to pass up. It even has a Maggie hero skin. And I'm glad to finally have that final prizes with battling neighbours, I only face these enemy teams that has either 3 strength or 3 techs. And before I got my 5 star tech, it was a pain to beat all 3 strength with just 1 4 star tech. I think its still a good event but it shouldn't last that long, which seems to be the norm for todays major events. I'm actually hoping for some downtime after this one to just relax, farm some money and design my town without being occupied with an event.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Blog Entries

I keep getting social battles that are all three muscle. At least it won’t be long before I get Mega Hertz.

Blog Entries

The battles, man, battles ! Not only there're boring as fuck, but sometimes a nice glitch pops out to screw my game even more. What am I supposed to do in the case of me winning a match, but the game just keeps blocking me ?

what does that say at the top? might help me answer your question. i actually haven't had any glitches like that

Thread Information