Page 18 of 191 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast

Thread: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS/Android game)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Formerly known as E.A. Moz

I don't know what the deal was but the church was put up a few days ago and now I'm about $6,000 away from putting Moe's up....I'm excited!

Blog Entries

Still can't access the game... I'd contact EA, but that ain't gonna do a thing.

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Moe View Post
    Still can't access the game... I'd contact EA, but that ain't gonna do a thing.
    I cannot access it either and I am sick of it too

I had reached the last level so if I cannot get it back, I guess I am ok with it. What about e-mailing Origin?

@Kid Moe, is it your device?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mozy View Post
    @Kid Moe, is it your device?
    I'm not sure. I don't think so, but it might be.

Just got Dr Hibbert. " Deal Organs on the black market " - 4hrs

wtf. There's probably been threads on this but still. He's not corrupt like Dr Nick.
    EA's debt list : Father Sean - Shary Bobbins - Chirpy Boy & Bart Junior - Kang Topiary- Blocko Store
    Will not accept barter in the form of 'donut' currency.

I'm rearranging so the powerplant is out at the back of the town instead of the simpsons house.
    I watched their latest ep and realised that from a long shot.

This is what I might try and get the look of myself.

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Would be interesting to see the above pic recreated, even if there are a number of inaccuracies

I'll probably just stick the Power Plant to the far south of the town, on The Simpsons side of the river, and stick Burns Manor to the Southeast corner of the town.

Funny how the Tire Fire is off in the woods, even though it seems to sit within the town (at least according to many recent episodes)
    UP AND ATOM!

Everytime I think about how I want to make my town like the show's town, I give up because there are so many differences between certain eps (for the sake of jokes) that it hurts my brain.

I do know I want my power plant farther away from all the residences tho, cut off by a river.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

The Crime-Solving Boat Knightboat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    What I've been doing was a combination of things.

I've been using episodes as a basis for the design. So if, say, Apu is crying on the Simpsons roof in "Homer and Apu" and Apu can see the Kwik-E-Mart directly south of the home, I placed the Kwik-E-Mart a few blocks south of the Simpsons home. If characters need to drive or bike to certain locations, I place them appropriately. Lisa was able to bike to the Hibbert Family Practice, so I placed it far enough from the home to make it worthy of a bike ride, but still in the neighborhood.

Same goes for the Retirement Castle. Grandpa isn't that far from the family, but is far enough that they drive there. There is a bit of irony too, as Grandpa says they don't visit enough, and they could given the distance, but they don't. I also figured the old folks get to the town hall meetings all the time, so they must be close to town hall. I also used "To Cur, With Love" to determine where to place the Retirement Castle. Frink shows off his gas-free car in the town square, and drives it a block, crashing into the Retirement Castle. Then there is the way I figured where Krusty Burger was, in my post above. Point is, while there isn't a concrete map of the town, there are hints throughout the series that give a general idea of where things are.

I've been using the Map of Springfield put together by some fans, but I use it loosely as there are inconsistances: http://adn.blam.be/springfield/ For example, I personally don't think the school is next to the church. More likely, both are in the neighborhood, but the school is southwest of the Simpson home, and the church is east of the home with the Retirement Castle on the way (so the family can pick up grampa on the way to church). Still, it's good at giving a general idea.

The opening titles, both SD and HD and the Movie, are also helpful. I figured if the opening credits fly past Burns Manor and the Observatory in the Movie then those two will be far south of the town. Next we have the town square which features the town hall, the library, the post office, Aztec, Android's Dungeon and Skips (which is supposed to be to the right of the comic shop). Then there is Moe's and king toots, followed by the school and then the Simpsons neighborhood.

My grand plan is to have a river running through the town east of Pressboard Estates. West of the river will be all the things mentioned above. East of the river will be more of a down town with the apartments, higher scale stores (Mapple), and higher scale restaurants (Truffle, Pimento). I'll also probably have a two lane highway running through the town (Michael Jackson Expressway). The SNPP will be southeast, near Lake Springfield and Cletus's home in the woods. The SPRINGFIELD sign will be northeast.

whew!

--

Oh yeah, here is my Krusty Burger!

Wow, that's a great guide. Looking at that map/guide you linked to I can see inconsistencies, yes, but it's still a great resource. There's plenty I still want Tapped Out to add. Do you reckon they'll eventually add all buildings and characters?
    Simpsons Tapped Out ID: Knightboat89

Quote Originally Posted by Knightboat View Post
    Wow, that's a great guide. Looking at that map/guide you linked to I can see inconsistencies, yes, but it's still a great resource. There's plenty I still want Tapped Out to add. Do you reckon they'll eventually add all buildings and characters?
    As long as EA holds the license, and Tapped Out makes them money, then I assume it'll just keep being added to. This year we have a Whacking Day event, Kamp Krusty, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas (assuming they do events on the holidays for a second time)

Blog Entries

Valentine's Day update! Shauna!

I just hope this fixes my problems with the game...

If anyone wants to add me, my name is Zim999777.

An update!? What update? *runs to check*

A World Without Lawyers HerbertMcHoover's Avatar

UPDATE. And a GREAT ONE.

I have to check this update out!

Oh wow! Really awesome update!

Lots of cool little additions, like the scratch cards (two kinds, I&S ones and XP based ones for those at level 25) and the valentines.

Christmas decor can still be displayed for all buildings, without snow.

Simpsons family snowmen melted, so I'm glad I didn't get the Homer and Bart.

Most amazing thing is that Shauna is the only premium item!

All the free stuff (for Valentine hearts) include:
    - Phineas Q Butterfats
    - Howards Flowers
    - Sir Putts a Lots
    - cutesy valentines trees, statues, ponds, etc
    - A Choo Choo Choose You train

And then we have two very expensive, but free, additions: The Popsicle Stick Skyscraper and the Escalator to Nowhere

I did the math, and combined it would take me over 45 days to generate all that money for those two items, if I played the game a hell of a lot. :P

No update yet for me.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good God! My Springfield looks so... green. Is this really what the game's supposed to look like? I'm going to miss winter, glad I can keep the decorations though.

I really like all of the added content to get. Especially the Choo Choo You Train and the Golf Course. The Scratch cards are a pretty nice addition that I hope they keep and that there's only 1 Premium item. And thank god I only got the Lisa Snowman out of curiosity. Can't wait to get all of this stuff as soon as all my friends update their games.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

The game still crashes even after installing the update... OH MY GOD!!!! This is not happening!

A World Without Lawyers HerbertMcHoover's Avatar

There was a screenshot posted of level 26 with Ralph (and the Wiggum house), swings, the Food Wife restaurant and other things. Sounds great. Hopefully will be released soon for everyone. It was accidentally released yesterday for some.

Also: Kwik-E-Mart has scratch offs in the update.

Just say the screenshot, very cool: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9272727...in/photostream
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/9272727...n/photostream/

Also, apparently the giant magnifying glass is coming too

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    Just say the screenshot, very cool: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9272727...in/photostream
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/9272727...n/photostream/

Also, apparently the giant magnifying glass is coming too
    Where did you get this picture?
    And for the moment, the highest level available is the 25th.

Over at the EA forums, somebody dun goofed at EA and gave the next next update along with the current one. It has since gone away.

25. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Blobulle

So bummed I didn't get to buy Marge and Maggie snowmen in time

Most of the people on my list haven't updated yet so I can barely collect hearts/send Valentines.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When I try to go to your Springfield Kupomog, it says you haven't updated, so I think it's glitched right now or something's wrong with it.

Thundercougerfalconbird Dave Shutton's Avatar

Yeah, I've noticed a lot of people have said that they updated but its saying they haven't
    Tapped Out Origin ID: jbartle25, feel free to add me

Yeah, pretty sure its a glitch. Of the 90 something towns I am friends with, only three open. Many of them that don't open have been updated. I've even added people who specifically say they have the update, and I'm unable to visit.

Blog Entries

Is anyone else unable to access the game? I haven't been able to get on in weeks!

Blog Entries

I'm starting to think that it might be my friends, but I can't even get into the game to delete some of them!

Thread Information