Thread: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS/Android game)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    The XP multiplier thing would come in very handy if you were doing this. basically, if you had paid 5 donuts before doing the trick, you'd have 1000 donuts now
    i actually did use the multiplier. i plan to go mine some more donuts later, but every time i start my kid starts crying

Blog Entries

The Superhero event just kicked in, I got till the quest where I had to send Krusty on a quest but he was still busy with the Monorail. They returned the music and and comic font & styling from last years event, and this time they use a combat mechanic similiar to the one of Tap Ball. It may seem a bit complicated for now, but it could turn out fun. The prices look good so far.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, it was only a matter of time before we got Stretch Dude and Clobber Girl.
    ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

Blog Entries

That awful splash screen is real

Classic Simpsons Guy Evil Monkey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

well i guess it's official

i am never going to buy tapped out

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    That awful splash screen is real
    Holy shit

It's craptacular
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

Meh, I don't mind the splash screen.

Although that's probably because I have been forced to stare at it for hours while waiting for my phone to download all the updates that this latest event has mysteriously caused to be uninstalled, so now I've just gotten used to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post
    well i guess it's official

i am never going to buy tapped out
    Tapped Out is free to download. It's the premium items in the game that costs money.

Blog Entries

still not going to put any money or time into it, even if it is free to download.

ok. thanks for stopping by

Blog Entries

any time

Blog Entries

Wow, 41 days. That's a huge event.

Blog Entries

So that Splash screen is official. Guess they had an intern draw it. I can't stop looking at all the weird forms on Homer and Radioactive Man.

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Krusty looks alright, but Homer and Bart appear off. I think it is in part the pupil sizes, and the fact that Homer's mouth looks really low (or the Pieman mask just always looks goofy). Also doesn't help that they did a deviantart-style shading.

Aaaaanyway, to hate the game or the event for the splash screen is stupid given it is seen for like a few seconds when you launch the game. The event itself reuses some of the better aspects of the last superhero event, I love the tweaks to the in-game menu and the comic book text and harsher shading on the trees, as well as the heroic music. The event has quite a lot to take in, but really it is essentially Tap Ball meets Superhero 1 event. Most everything looks easy to obtain, though those friend battle prizes look to be a slog. Do we really need to win 10 games for each prize? I'm not too sure I want to play 100 games in friend's towns... but I guess I'll have to for those sweet sweet prizes.
    UP AND ATOM!

i don't think anyone is "hating" the event because of that image, but it is terrible. looks like something @le jake would draw (sans nudity and/or domestic violence)

i guess mentions aren't a thing anymore?

Blog Entries

Maybe learn his username before making a pointless insult.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by box elder View Post
    i don't think anyone is "hating" the event because of that image, but it is terrible. looks like something @le jake would draw (sans nudity and/or domestic violence)
    Yeah wait who hates this event just because of the image?

However, this fighting mechanic is a style of gameplay used in the Family Guy app for all of their events since the beginning and has always been a pain in the ass to me. So I'm not terribly excited about having to do this again. At least it is more interactive.

Blog Entries

Is "billowing backpacks!" the only thing Fallout Boy ever says?

Blog Entries

Yes

Blog Entries

Ugh, how disappointing.

I mean, the line itself isn't bad, and Fallout Boy was a never a big character, but still...one line? That's going to get old real fast.

Anyway, so far I'm enjoying this event. I'm a big comic book fan, so I'm getting a big kick out of the new comic book style panels and heroic music. The new battle system took me a while to get used to, but I like it so far. Getting one character and three skins basically all at once was nice, even if I had to buy a bunch of new land for all the new buildings we got. Interesting that it's Fallout Boy that is the star of the main quests so far and not Radioactive Man though. I'm still waiting for Bartman to show up, although I might pick up Fruit Bat Man along the way. I'm also happy to see Stretch Dude and Clobber Girl finally show up. I didn't except to see Bouncing Battle Baby show up as well though. Didn't she only appear in the spin-off comics? I didn't know the game could use characters from the comics.

Hope the event can keep up being this fun.

I love this game!

hmm there was some kind of glitch this morning that was letting me upgrade springfield heights buildings without actually consuming the resources. it only worked for stuff i was actually able to upgrade at the start, unfortunately, which was only modern mansions, but i managed to upgrade all 10 of my modern mansions from level 3 to level 5 . went from like 450 million realty points to 700-something

Accidentally upgraded Bartman who is Muscle when I meant to upgrade someone else with either Brains or Tech, but I fat fingered it and didn't realize it 'til confirming. Arrrrggggghhhhh gotta fight one of these stupid hard 5 fights waiting for me to get more crap to spend

Blog Entries

Why can't we have AT LEAST a 2 week break in between events anymore?

And I honestly thought the splash screen was a joke at first. It looks like one of those early 2000's fanart Simpsons drawings that eventually make their way onto badly screen-printed t-shirts in Chinatown 99¢ stores.

Also, first post on this topic. I've been playing since '12, so add me if ya like.
    Username: legacy0
    Daily-ish player.
    SEASON 28 RATINGS
    |Monty Burn's Fleeting Circus: 5/10 | Friends and Family: 6.3/10 |The Town: 8/10 |

Blog Entries

you... might want to change your origin username to something less generic

Blog Entries

i mean it’s impossible to search for your name in the game. i had to use the actual origin app

Blog Entries

So how do I unlock Clownface's tasks? Most of them are blocked for me.

The return of this superhero crap is almost enough to make me quit this game once and for all. Seriously, does anyone like this stuff? Are most of these characters even real? Who is this solar guy and wind guy? Who are these villains? Can anyone tell me with a straight face that they enjoy having to go through these "fights", which are lamer and more boring than RPG fights from over 20 years ago?
    The completist in me wants to unlock all the prizes, but I can't condone such a shitty excuse for "fun" here. This is not fun. This is work.
    Signature.

30. Thumbs Up To This Post by: box elder

yeah, not a fan but i also have completist tendencies that force me to grind it out. i want to at least get the buildings just because they look sort of cool, but the characters i don't give a rip about

Thread Information