Thread: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS/Android game)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

EA is often called the devil, so it kinda fits.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    I don't think they have ended levels, but we will likely only see a few per year. They were cranking out 11 per year, but perhaps their analytics told them that they needed to ease off and let players catch up. I can only imagine how annoying it must be to have an event where you have to have certain characters available and you are weeks away from hitting their level.
    Yeah, when the Valentine's Day event came on, I hadn't unlocked Abe yet, so I had spent the next few days trying to get as much experience as possible and used my donuts to unlock him before the event ended. I almost didn't get Mona.

So I could understand the logic behind giving players time to catch up on the levels they need to get through certain events.

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Oh man I am loving this event downtime. I went a full day not playing Tapped Out! This, of course, means an event will start tomorrow knowing my luck.
    UP AND ATOM!

Here I come, world! Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Or you could look on the first page of the thread.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Blog Entries

don't be rude to blueholesun

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Just a heads up that there are some limited time Gil deals (aka premium items) being offered right now...

- Simpsons Laser Tag (until 4am Eastern Daylight time on Friday)
    - Donut-Rebate Offers for the Green Dumpster and Mr. Sparkle Billboard (until 4am Eastern Daylight time on Friday)
    - Moe's House (until 4am Eastern Daylight time on Sunday)
    - Springfield Greenhouse (until 4am Eastern Daylight time next Tuesday - as part of a Nature Bundle that includes 5 apple trees, 5 orange trees, Kang / Kodos / SLH topiaries, 10 rose bushes, a tree swing, a butterfly tent and a cherub birdbath - all for just 100 donuts)
    - Street Cleaner (available from Friday through Sunday - will behave like a character)
    - Museum of Swordfish (available from Friday through Sunday)
    - Nightmare Pile (available from Friday through Sunday)
    - Donut-Rebate Offer on a Flower Planter (available from Friday through Sunday)
    - Waverly Hills Elementary School (available from Sunday through Tuesday)
    - The Shinning Maze (available from Sunday through Tuesday)
    - Donut-Rebate Offer on a Tree Swing (available from Sunday through Tuesday)
    SEASON 31 RANKINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 2/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2.5/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5
    THOH XXX = Danger Things - 2.5/5 / Heaven Swipes Right - 1.5/5 / When Hairy Met Slimy - 2/5
    Gorillas on the Mast - 4/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2.5/5 / Livin' la Pura Vida - 5/5
    THANKSGIVING OF HORROR = A-Gobble-ypto - 3/5 / The Fourth Thursday After Tomorrow - 5/5 / The Last Thanksgiving - 3.5/5
    Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? - ?/5 / Bobby, It's Cold Outside - ?/5

Blog Entries

scooped up the greenhouse and moe's house, will get the street cleaner but luckily I have everything else.

I am having an extremely difficult time finding a place for both items. the front porch for moe's house is frustratingly scaled back, which means it doesn't fit well with my various house rows. I've reluctantly placed it at the edge of my forest section but when new land comes I think I'll drop it next to his petting zoo. (which is currently also on an edge)

the greenhouse is gorgeous but my park is too small to fit it. resizing that park would be too much work so I figured I'll drop it into Springfield Heights, which I have space issues with too. right now it's awkwardly located next to my minimum security prison. ugh more SH land please!
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

So excited to get Moe's House! One thing TSTO lacks is character homes. Still waiting on Hibbert's house, Lenny's shack, Lenny's condo, and a bunch of other houses. I think Martin's house has been on the show.

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    the greenhouse is gorgeous but my park is too small to fit it. resizing that park would be too much work so I figured I'll drop it into Springfield Heights, which I have space issues with too. right now it's awkwardly located next to my minimum security prison. ugh more SH land please!
    I'm surprised we haven't gotten another SH expansion recently. I've even stockpiled 200 of every existing resource in advance in preparation for it.

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

So I've been waiting for the Crook and Latter event to end in my new town, because I'm at Level 16 and stuck at the part where you need Mayor Quimby. Finally, today a message pops up saying the event is ending, but I still get to complete the current task. So I guess I'm going to have to be putting out fires until I get to Level 20, all for a fire truck I don't even want. Oh goody.

11. Thumbs Up To This Post by: ataeaf

Handsomest guy in school Unxplained Bacon's Avatar

Being the poor bastard I am (and the fact I stopped playing for a few months), I've only just finished Mr Burns' money pile. Wonder how long it will take for the Burns skin to pay for itself?

Now I have the tree to look forward to.

Blog Entries

EA has heard our call once more, we'll finally be getting dirt tiles:

Also notice the bullet hole in the title, I'm still guessing its going to be the Badlands update. Maybe some cowboy action is involved.

never been so excited for dirt before
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

The new Wild West event is available for download on iOS, and the event is going to last until the end of May.

Besides the usual event exclusive stuff, they've also added badges to all the icons for the characters to let you know if they've finished or are doing a job, and to let you know what jobs are available. Also, the characters job lists now have icons to let you know if the job comes with an animation or not.

Ugh those stupid borders on the dirt road...

Looks like I'm just gonna be using a lot of dirt in my country/mountain areas

I soooo love this new quest/task book set up. No more having to search for characters who completed jobs.

Agree with everything kudos said. I'm leaning towards just using the dirt as a dirt road, but I do like how the road can connect to a regular road so I'm torn

Wow the new system will even take you straight to any available bandit hideouts to clear. v niiiice

Blog Entries

I like that they made it a lot easier to find characters who are ready with their task, which were hard to find troughout my town.

Small thing but I like that they've taken away the option of paying doughnuts for speeding up house payments, which I always thought was a pointless idea.

I hate that they added that little "Do not warn me" right below donut spending confirmation, though because I accidentally tapped that shit not knowing it was there and then spent a LOT of freaking donuts on that stupid ass Redwood tree by accident. Like I almost cried at how much donuts I lost.

Blog Entries

Do not warn me has been there for a while. source: lost 12 donuts on it a while back

Database got tangled in Mr. Burns's legs, and some weird shit is happening below:

Tapped Out has been losing my interest very quickly lately. This event doesn't help at all. I don't like events that aren't really based on episodes. There are elements from episodes (Buck McCoy, Frink's spider, etc) but overall, it's just not that interesting and I don't get excited to unlock things.
    Signature.

Blog Entries

I don't care about all that cowboy stuff at all. But at least I have a big metal spider now

Blog Entries

My city finally starts to look somewhat decent.

The Far-West Update is okay I guess. It's kind of a cliched theme and I'm suprised they didn't do that before. Atleast we finally got the dirt tile.

Blog Entries

I guess it would be better if the ties to "simpsons canon" were stronger but I'm pretty impressed how smooth this event is

Really enjoy wrangling up those bandits

While it's true that the wild west update has a bunch of "non-canon-never-appeared-in-episode items, it should be noted that Springfield does have a desert and the tourist trap cowboy town Bloodbath Gulch. So one could work with the new items to create a Bloodbath Gulch and extend the desert to include items like Satan's Anvil from The Scorpion's Tale.

I placed my desert in the far south, so it sort of connects with Springfield Gorge and includes Bloodbath Gulch's old west town and Satan's Anvil:

I don't have any clue where I wanna put my desert. I've bought up a bit more land to do some mass re-arranging, though. Hoping it'll come together soon.

Problem is the desert is so picky with what you can place on it. I want to put the gorge and trees in the desert, but can't. I also wanted to put Nelson and Moe's homes on the dirt and can't.

Blog Entries

The strangest thing just happened to me... my Tapped Out app just suddenly lost all of it's data and was acting like I had never played it before. Luckily I had already signed up to an EA Origin account long ago, so I should probably get back all my saved data, but now I have to wait until my app finishes downloading all the updates, and I have no idea what caused it lose all it's data in the first place.

Has this happened to anyone else recently?

Thread Information