Thread: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS/Android game)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by F.Grimes View Post
    Apparently the next update will feature Deep Space Homer.
    Brilliant!
    You know, this reminds me of the same "Deep Space Homer" episode my family and I watched when I was little.

Blog Entries

The Deep Space Homer episode is now an actual event that just launched. These are the new things that I've seen so far:

New Skins: Nasa Barney, Astronaut Homer

New Discount: Barneys Bowlarama (buy for 250, get 130 D'nuts back, includes Nasa Barney (?))

New Decorations: Carbon Rod Monument (30 Donuts, 2.75% Multiplier), Space Shuttle (120 Donuts with Nasa Barney, 75 Donuts without, 5 Event Currencies every 3 hours), Rocket Launchpad (Questline)

New Buildings: Space Training Center (Quest), Shuttle Hangar (Quest)

Returning Content: Rigellian Hut (20 Donuts), Rigelian Shrub (5 Donuts), Portal to Rigel 7 (75 Donuts)

Special Tasks: Marge, Bart and Lisa: 6h Gather Space Food

Seems like a good event already, the Nasa Barney skin and his space shuttle already look tempting enough to buy.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Man, I'm already trying to figure out where I want my space center complex. This sounds pretty cool.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

The occasional stray potato chip floating by the town is a nice touch

I play this game...anonymously.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    The occasional stray potato chip floating by the town is a nice touch
    hahaha that's what that was! I kept noticing it out of the corner of my eye and thought it was a glitch

cute little thanksgiving-esque event.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

i downloaded tapped out today. i played it for 20 minutes. i've uninstalled it.
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    About milk, remember that this word has several meanings...

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by friz View Post
    i downloaded tapped out today. i played it for 20 minutes. i've uninstalled it.
    GOOD RIDDANCE!
    UP AND ATOM!

Blog Entries

so did anybody else notice how insanely easy the DSH event was, even for a mini event? I saw february 3rd was the endgame so I was shocked that I got through it well over a week prior to its finish without any rushing. however I did buy that premium with astronaut barney but that hardly was a huge help... in fact he was busy doing unrelated tasks with its own questline to further things.

it felt like a mini-event that would follow a despised one, but christmas/winter 2015 was surprisingly great. so... I wonder if something's coming to really piss us all off. like springfield heights 3 (I am this close from finally getting billionaire haven... just 115 mil more...)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    so did anybody else notice how insanely easy the DSH event was, even for a mini event? I saw february 3rd was the endgame so I was shocked that I got through it well over a week prior to its finish without any rushing. however I did buy that premium with astronaut barney but that hardly was a huge help... in fact he was busy doing unrelated tasks with its own questline to further things.

it felt like a mini-event that would follow a despised one, but christmas/winter 2015 was surprisingly great. so... I wonder if something's coming to really piss us all off. like springfield heights 3 (I am this close from finally getting billionaire haven... just 115 mil more...)
    I finished it today, totally thought I would have to rush and meet the deadline but it was surprisingly easy. And I was only playing twice a day.

I guess the intention is with these mini-events, like Deep Space Homer and a few others in the past, is that they are available to everybody rather than locked behind a super high level. I did notice that they have slowed down on the levels. Checkin the wiki, 2012 saw 24 levels, 2013 saw 12, and 2014 and 2015 saw 11 each. Maybe they are sticking with 11 levels a year from here on out, though it feels like ages since level 59 began.

Also, it's funny, I cannot recall the last time I had to collect XP to reach the next level. Feels like the past three years I've had more than enough XP for when the new level hit so I would never have to strive to reach it.

Handsomest guy in school Unxplained Bacon's Avatar

I'm glad I was able to finish this event pretty easily. For some reason, I tend to have trouble finishing most events which put me off the game last year (along with finishing school). It's also good that this is just a mini event because it means I have a greater ability to earn money and keep building my town (and Krustyland and Heights eventually I guess), which are all quite small and pathetic for level 57 standards.

Blog Entries

I'd like to see an shift from level updates to mini-events in the future. They're more accessible to lower level players, but I think it's also easier to come up with new items when you only have to make a small themed event, as opposed to a level update around a character that hasn't been used yet or a big event that requires several acts' worth of prizes. It's almost sorta like having episode tie-ins but with classic era episodes, which is neat.

also you can finally store debris now so good riddance to that giant farm of debris I had taking up several land plots.

Blog Entries

oh by the way if you haven't already, make sure you send Marge, Bart, and Lisa on that 6-hour "gather space food" task. It's an Easter egg for 5 donuts.

Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    also you can finally store debris now so good riddance to that giant farm of debris I had taking up several land plots.
    why would you keep debris anyway? you know there are donuts hidden in some of those, right?

Blog Entries

they're good decorations. I'm not really strapped for cash or donuts right now anyway.

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Already cleaned up all of mine. Crap. I'd like to keep them.

Blog Entries

Finally finished Springfield Heights. Longest grind ever. Nearly seven months.

Coincidentally the exact same day they introduce the daily donut challenges. Go figure.

18. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

Awesome, Ryan. I've started grinding on SH instead of the monorail since I want the pieces of land.

Those damn coffee cups

Blog Entries

I can't stand to have those shops not full so I'm almost done filling them up, which I've been going on for a week or so. Only 80 gym mats more and I won't have to touch this bastard again. Seven minutes has never felt longer.

Blog Entries

Aaaaw that new skin for the cooling towers is so sweet

Blog Entries

Another insanely easy mini-event, but this time the completion time is far less than DSH. Lots of great premium items and the main prize of Mona is... uh, interesting. Especially considering that she was dead in the show long before Tapped Out began. I'm just about to get her but I'm hoping the questline will reference her death just like Grimes and Monroe. And it's about goddamn time they raised Bleedin Gums Murphy from the dead!

Decent Local Marmalade sparkeydavis's Avatar

Got Mona a little while ago and I am hating this questline.
    You have to make Grampa try to kill himself repeatedly. Real classy stuff. I can hardly bring myself to complete it.
    Who wrote this, Seth Macfarlane?

Blog Entries

And...... yet another insanely easy mini-event. Well its not even really an event, but a permanent update because there's no time limit. It looks like its a new ''Money Pile'' thats gonna cost a lot of money to fully upgrade, I'll just start building it up but I still need to buy all the remaining land and fully upgrade IRS. Those quick mini-events are fun, albeit easy, but I'm hoping that it doesn't mean less major events. If anything, mini-events should be just there to avoid content droughs.

Which reminds me, when are we gonna get a new level update? The last one was in November.

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You can go ahead and add me to the list. Take a wild guess what my account name is.

Also, I played the game, and the audio doesn’t seem to work. I’m playing on my dad’s Android phone.
    Last edited by ataeaf; 02-18-2016 at 04:05 PM.
    ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

Blog Entries

Well, I started Tapped Out game in December, and I'm currently at level 25, my city is shit.

If you want to add me : JohndyDundee
    o shit its 2021 and still havent posted on this forum

Weird that Mona is a ghost, but looks normal, while Maude is a ghost and looks like her THOH cameo. Would love it if Maude had an alt skin of her in her normal appearance. I mean, by this point we have Marvin Monroe, Mona, Frank Grimes and Edna (passed away after added to the game, but still appears in quests with dialogue).

I also wish they had Lyle Lanley as more than a one off event cameo, and that they put Troy and Lionel in the game.

I've bitched about this elsewhere on the forums in the past, but I still think great characters from voice actors who passed away should live on in comics and in voiceless mediums like Tapped Out. They are still great funny characters and I think they can live on without replacing the voice actors.

Blog Entries

Thanks Kaine for adding me.

I'm really sad that the Valentine event finished just before I could get Mona. I need money, badly.

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    I've bitched about this elsewhere on the forums in the past, but I still think great characters from voice actors who passed away should live on in comics and in voiceless mediums like Tapped Out. They are still great funny characters and I think they can live on without replacing the voice actors.
    I agree. Phil Hartman added a lot to the show, and it seems to me like they're forgetting his contributions by basically pretending the characters don't exist anymore (I mean, obviously they can't appear in the show in any significant way, but Tapped Out and comics, certainly). It would be a sign of respect to keep his characters alive in some way (at least from my perspective).

Blog Entries

@Dundee, you're aware vandalism lowers your Obedience rating, causing you to receive less money, right?
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@Financial Panther, I found no users with the name therealFP, but several users who have similar names. Are you TheRealFP97?

Thread Information